2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Congratulations! When did you place your order? I ordered the 2018 CMS Hybrid
on July 6 and getting nervous about all the posts on delays for production with the Active Drive Assist:-( Ordered fully loaded plus this feature in Island Blue/Black Top.
Ordered in late May with fully loaded and asked for July build due to Apple CarPlay and revised features. Added Active Driving Assist and Chrome Stylish Interior two weeks before production date

Last edited by pyuhlu; 07-19-2017 at 06:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Islandbluemini (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 06:19 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thank you! Hopefully there won't be a long delay with my order. Salesman said I should have it by Fall here on the East Coast. I wanted to wait for the Apple CarPlay as well so I did not pre-order early. Wanted to test drive it and see it in person first before selecting options.
Now just anxious to get a VIN and production date.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:33 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Thank you! Hopefully there won't be a long delay with my order. Salesman said I should have it by Fall here on the East Coast. I wanted to wait for the Apple CarPlay as well so I did not pre-order early. Wanted to test drive it and see it in person first before selecting options.
Now just anxious to get a VIN and production date.
It took almost one month to work with the dealer to get a build slot for Hybrid and another week to get a VIN

Old 07-19-2017, 06:42 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Montgoau
My ‘18 is aboard the Don Quixote too. It was built on July 4th and I have active driving assist on my build. I haven’t heard of delays on that feature for the 18’s is it possible the sales guy was just trying to close the deal. You should call the 1866ASKMINI number and see if they tell you the same thing.
I believe it. This issue came up well into the closing of the deal, while they were trying to submit the order. They had zero reason to disallow this. It's apparently a new issue. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
My salesman said they are only allocated one build slot for the SE and one for JCW at the time I ordered mine. The built slot was already taken for an early preorder on the SE so I have to wait for another slot to open up. I'm first on the list but not sure how long of a wait it will be for a slot to open. Don't mind waiting for one as long as it's not going to be a 5 or 6 month wait because of the Drive Assist option! Hoping that will not cause a problem as some others have posted.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I believe it. This issue came up well into the closing of the deal, while they were trying to submit the order. They had zero reason to disallow this. It's apparently a new issue. I'm sure I won't be the only one.
Going to call my dealer today and see if he's aware of this delay.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Just spoke with 1-866-ASKMINI customer rep and she said that they have not heard of any production delays when choosing the Active Drive Assistant. She said they would be flooded with calls if this were true. She did say that each dealership is different and depending how many allocation production slots they are given may increase a wait time on ordering and that "actual sold" customer orders are given a Priority #1 as opposed to regular "stock" orders that the dealership may order to have on hand. Currently, I'm am awaiting a slot opening and that may take additional weeks before I get a production date.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:35 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Just spoke with 1-866-ASKMINI customer rep and she said that they have not heard of any production delays when choosing the Active Drive Assistant. She said they would be flooded with calls if this were true. She did say that each dealership is different and depending how many allocation production slots they are given may increase a wait time on ordering and that "actual sold" customer orders are given a Priority #1 as opposed to regular "stock" orders that the dealership may order to have on hand. Currently, I'm am awaiting a slot opening and that may take additional weeks before I get a production date.
At least two dealers told me the earliest slot they can get is in August

Old 07-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
At least two dealers told me the earliest slot they can get is in August
That sounds about right to me. I expected I wouldn't get a production date until next month. Don't mind waiting until the Fall for delivery. As long as there isn't an extended delay in production with the Active Driving Assistant!

Old 07-19-2017, 02:58 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Choose the dealer they can give you the earliest build slot and you can trust. Normally the dealership with better sales may get more slots easily and quickly. That is why I chose one and pushed them to get one slot quickly

Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Only have one dealership near me when I initially test drove it. Locked into this one but I'm not in a great hurry as long as I will have delivery before the snow flies here in New England.
I originally was going to order the Countryman S ALL4. They had just gotten the hybrid in and decided to test drive that one as well. SE better suited my needs. Sales are strong at this dealership for the Countryman so I don't think there will be too long a wait before I receive a production date. Would have go to out-of-state to check out other dealerships and that wasn't appealing to me. This will be my 2nd Mini. Currently still own 2004 Cooper S R53 and she is still going strong;-)

Old 07-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Choose the dealer they can give you the earliest build slot and you can trust. Normally the dealership with better sales may get more slots easily and quickly. That is why I chose one and pushed them to get one slot quickly
What region are you in?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:38 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
My dealers next Countryman SE slot is 2019 Model year. He only got two for the year. The stock one they shipped everybody and the one I ordered for 2018.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:51 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
What region are you in?
Washington DC area

The following users liked this post:
Islandbluemini (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
My dealers next Countryman SE slot is 2019 Model year. He only got two for the year. The stock one they shipped everybody and the one I ordered for 2018.
Wow! That's not going to help sales

Old 07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
As mentioned above, the 2018 JCWs are also rationed. I understand my dealership had to horse-trade to get an open JCW slot. They claim they were able to get one for me because they are the largest MINI dealer on the East coast and because I'm a returning customer. I don't really care how, I'm just glad they found a slot for me.

According to ASK MINI, my JCW is scheduled for production, with no confirmed date. The wait continues.

These extremely small quotas on the SE and JCWs seem very counter productive. My understanding was that MINI had too many Countryman on the dock and at dealers, therefore they are scaling back production. Okay, cut back on dealer stock orders but ramp up on buyer orders (Priority 1 vehicles). That way, buyers can get their cars sooner and the glut of stock cars slowly reduces as people buy off the lot. Later they can ramp up stock order production again.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:30 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Based on the site http://bimmer.work/ and my VIN, it seems that about 5 SEs are built at the Neth. plant everyday

Last edited by pyuhlu; 07-19-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Nikolas
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 jcw

Here's the JCW we stumbled across at the dealer. Now safe and sound at home!

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-image.jpeg  
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Looks great

Old 07-19-2017, 08:13 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Okay, I'm officially jealous. The JCW looks great! I can only take comfort in the fact that in two months or so when I finally get my car, your car will probably have hundreds of thousands of miles on it and the wheels will be falling off. Then I'll have a brand new car in MY garage!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Nikolas
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Okay, I'm officially jealous. The JCW looks great! I can only take comfort in the fact that in two months or so when I finally get my car, your car will probably have hundreds of thousands of miles on it and the wheels will be falling off. Then I'll have a brand new car in MY garage!

LOL! Yes, but in a year it will probably only have 3000 miles. My wife's commute is 3 miles per day. In the summer she drives her Miata.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-image.jpeg  
Old 07-20-2017, 02:21 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
As mentioned above, the 2018 JCWs are also rationed. I understand my dealership had to horse-trade to get an open JCW slot. They claim they were able to get one for me because they are the largest MINI dealer on the East coast and because I'm a returning customer. I don't really care how, I'm just glad they found a slot for me.

According to ASK MINI, my JCW is scheduled for production, with no confirmed date. The wait continues.

These extremely small quotas on the SE and JCWs seem very counter productive. My understanding was that MINI had too many Countryman on the dock and at dealers, therefore they are scaling back production. Okay, cut back on dealer stock orders but ramp up on buyer orders (Priority 1 vehicles). That way, buyers can get their cars sooner and the glut of stock cars slowly reduces as people buy off the lot. Later they can ramp up stock order production again.
I agree that buyers orders should be priority #1. At my dealership the Countryman inventory is sold down but they have a lot of Clubman's on the lot which they are currently giving discount incentives. Plus, with so many lease incentive promotion more and more people are opting to lease out rather than buy outright. When did you order your JCW?

Old 07-20-2017, 02:22 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Gorgeous!!! I'm drooling here

Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
LOL! Yes, but in a year it will probably only have 3000 miles. My wife's commute is 3 miles per day. In the summer she drives her Miata.
I'm exactly the same way. I drive my Mazda RX8 on Mondays and Fridays when the DC traffic is sometimes reasonable. It has a stick so all that stop/go traffic is tiresome. It only has 35000 mi after 14 years. I currently use my Clubman on all other days (to be replaced by the Countryman.) It only has 23000 after 5 years. Both look showroom new.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:11 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
When did you order your JCW?
July 5, so only a little over 2 weeks ago. According to ASK MINI it is "Scheduled for Production" but with no confirmed date.