2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Based on the WWL site, All CMs loaded on the vessel will depart for PORT HUENEME, CA on 8/1. I hope mine is on the one departing for Port of Baltimore on 8/2

Updated: Finally my SE will be loaded on Vessel Tamerland and released at Port of Baltimore on 8/16
Congratulations Excited for you! Post pics when you take possession.

Doing a happy dance here today My MA just called and my order has been accepted. Another week or less before I get a production #. Can't believe how excited I am now after initially saying I don't mind waiting

Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ordered my Countryman on Saturday (7/29) - first MINI, so excited!! I have the production number, but no production date is set. Dealer estimated 2 weeks until production, delivered by 8 weeks.

2018 MINI Cooper S Countryman
Moonwalk Grey / Black Roof & Mirrors
18" Pin Spoke Black Wheels
Chesterfield Leather: British Oak Interior
Piano Black Interior Surface
Anthracite Headliner
Fully Loaded Package w/ Spare Tire

Waited the extra month or so for the 2018 model for the minor updates. (Yay, CarPlay!)

Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Congratulations

The vessel, Tamerlane, my car was loaded on just departed this morning and it will be in Baltimore on 17th. 256 CMs including 7 SEs are on the vessel

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-03-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:24 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
That's pretty much the same exact car that I ordered mid-July except I went with matching roof/mirrors to the body color. I'm interested to see the British Oak in person. My dealer didn't have any in their showroom.

Originally Posted by (SM)
Ordered my Countryman on Saturday (7/29) - first MINI, so excited!! I have the production number, but no production date is set. Dealer estimated 2 weeks until production, delivered by 8 weeks.

Anthracite Headliner

Waited the extra month or so for the 2018 model for the minor updates. (Yay, CarPlay!)

Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by (SM)

Anthracite Headliner

SM: Did you opt for the Active Driving Assist package? I've been waiting for someone else to order after I did (7/21). I had to remove the ADA or face a 6-month delay until they find a new supplier for the component. Looking to see if anyone else faced a similar imposition. If true, and assuming it is, it's a sudden/new development.

Thanks. Congrats on first MINI!

Old 08-03-2017, 12:36 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@@TheOriginalKonky: The very first F60 my dealer had on the lot had the British Oak and I fell in love. It is so amazing in person. I went back and forth between the upholstery options and decided to splurge a bit on the extra cost for it and can't wait!

@@darex: Nope, I decided not to go with it, sorry mate. I probably would have done the same as you though if I had to face a 6 month wait. The 8 weeks alone is going to be tough.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
SM: Did you opt for the Active Driving Assist package? I've been waiting for someone else to order after I did (7/21). I had to remove the ADA or face a 6-month delay until they find a new supplier for the component. Looking to see if anyone else faced a similar imposition. If true, and assuming it is, it's a sudden/new development.

Thanks. Congrats on first MINI!
My order was placed on 7/6 but not sure why that would make a difference.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Congratulations on your 1st MINI The Chesterfield Oak Leather is beautiful! Saw several models with it and it's very classy

Old 08-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else on the Don Quijote? Looks like we are about to enter the Panama Canal.

DON QUIJOTE

Old 08-03-2017, 03:59 PM
darex
5th Gear
From my dealer.

This is a screen shot from another person's order. Note how ADA is now greyed-out, as in, not selectable.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-photo513.jpg   F60 Waiters Club-photo770.jpg  
Old 08-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
From my dealer.

This is a screen shot from another person's order. Note how ADA is now greyed-out, as in, not selectable.
When I ordered my SE at the dealership, we entered build options from MINIUSA program that is on dealer's computer. He printed it out and we reviewed the options several times. Then he stamped each printout and I signed both, one copy for me and one for him. My printout order is exactly like the one I used to configure on MINIUSA site. Maybe their computer system setup is different? And if so, I still don't understand why that option was blanked out??!!

Also had the option of using the build on MINIUSA site and then send to my dealer but I brought in my copy and we just repeated the configure process.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Looking at the order sheet again, I noticed that each Premium Package was selected individually. I chose the $6000 Fully Loaded Package and then we went into the Audio/Tech Package and selected "ADA" option for $1K. Next we went into the interior section and I chose Piano Black Illuminated dash for $400, and then into Wheels. This is where I chose All Season Tires and Twin Spoke wheels. We reviewed each section to make sure all options were there that I wanted and then he printed out the order. Reviewed it twice and signed that this was the configuration I wanted.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
When I ordered my SE at the dealership, we entered build options from MINIUSA program that is on dealer's computer. He printed it out and we reviewed the options several times. Then he stamped each printout and I signed both, one copy for me and one for him. My printout order is exactly like the one I used to configure on MINIUSA site. Maybe their computer system setup is different? And if so, I still don't understand why that option was blanked out??!!

Also had the option of using the build on MINIUSA site and then send to my dealer but I brought in my copy and we just repeated the configure process.
Just went onto MINIUSA SITE and if you want the ADA you must chose the Fully Loaded Package for $6000. I test built your specs choosing the Individual Premium Pkgs and then went into Audio/Tech and selected ADA. When the screen pops up, it asks if you want to add it and that you must chose the Fully Loaded Package. You get extra little options in the fully loaded pkg. If you go to the MINIUSA you will see this.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:30 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
From my dealer.

Looking at your screen shot (the full one) you don't have the Fully Loaded Package selected. According to the MINIUSA configurator for a Countryman S All4, you can not add Active Driving Assistant unless the Fully Loaded Package is also selected, hence the grey.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Donreith
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by montgoau
anybody else on the don quijote? Looks like we are about to enter the panama canal.

don quijote
+1

Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BDI
So my status has been "Completed" since 7/3. I called AskMini every week since then and they said the only info they have is that it is completed. Does it take this long to get released to the carrier?? The wait is killing me. :(
So not one person(Dealer and AskMini) knows where the car is. So frustrating.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:37 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Did you check the WWL site with your VIN?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Donreith. Our boat is going through the first lock in the panama canal right now. You will need to use a desktop browser since it requires flash to view it.

If you can check out out here:
Panama WebCam

If you missed it here's a photo of it going through.

Last edited by Montgoau; 08-04-2017 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Adding Photo
Old 08-04-2017, 10:34 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Did you check the WWL site with your VIN?

Yup! Nothing.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Enter the last 7 digits of VINs around yours and find ones with prefix WMZY in the cargo ID. You may see if they have been shipped to NY or not

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-04-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:16 PM
BDI
2nd Gear
Enter the last 5 digits of VINs around yours and find ones with prefix WMZY in the cargo ID see if they have been shipped
Closest number is 14 digits after mine and it arrived in Baltimore today.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:04 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Looking at your screen shot (the full one) you don't have the Fully Loaded Package selected. According to the MINIUSA configurator for a Countryman S All4, you can not add Active Driving Assistant unless the Fully Loaded Package is also selected, hence the grey.
I did. It was on my order sheet, spawned from MINI USA, and I have the fully-loaded package. The screenshot is not MY MINI. It was sent to me by my dealer.

They swear up and down that it's because MINI's lost the supplier of the ADA components, and it will be months until a new one is in place.

They spent 45 mins trying to get it for me, and ended up having to make several phone calls before finding out. This is a very large, well-established MINI dealer, and the top guy personally handled the ordering. Like they said, WHY WOULDN'T they allow me to order that package? I can't think of any reason.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:28 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello gang. First post; First Mini.

Countryman Melting Silver
Fully Loaded Package
18" Pin spoke black wheels
8 speed Sport automatic with paddle shifters
Mini yours sport leather steering wheel
Black bonnet stripes
Black Roof
Black Mirrors
Active Driving Assistant

I ordered on July 6th
Received production number on 7/12
Received VIN on 7/13
Originally, the production completion date was show as 7/21
On 7/21, the production completion date changed to 8/14

I have made multiple calls to Mini support
They have told me there is no problem with Active Driver Assist

In my order, ADA was not included in the Fully Loaded package. ADA was a separate $1000 charge.

Can't wait to get my Melted!

Old 08-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I did. It was on my order sheet, spawned from MINI USA, and I have the fully-loaded package. The screenshot is not MY MINI. It was sent to me by my dealer.

They swear up and down that it's because MINI's lost the supplier of the ADA components, and it will be months until a new one is in place.

They spent 45 mins trying to get it for me, and ended up having to make several phone calls before finding out. This is a very large, well-established MINI dealer, and the top guy personally handled the ordering. Like they said, WHY WOULDN'T they allow me to order that package? I can't think of any reason.

Thats wild. I noticed that screen shot shows Priority 3 - Stock, so maybe they are only including them with Priority 1 customer builds, or with SE's. If the supplier went under, they likely have some inventory of the hardware and they are probably funneling them to the highest priority builds, like mine (jk!).

Old 08-04-2017, 05:07 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

This is all so baffling. If you look back in this thread, there was an issue with ADA causing long delays. That was months ago. If it was still a problem you would think that ALL dealers and ASK MINI would know about the issue. I have asked my dealer (also a large dealer) and customer service at ASK MINI repeatedly and they all say there are no reports of ADA causing build delays. I makes no sense for MINI to withhold the information. That would just ****-off buyers more.
I understand that my car, a JCW with ADA, is being delayed until early September. They are apparently going to build a batch of JCWs at once. I suppose that makes sense for the just-in-time parts delivery on the assembly line.