2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:44 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Yes, was at dealership for my F56 the other day, and checked it out thoroughly in brilliant sunshine.

It's a moot point. My car's completion date is August 22, so it's too late now, and I'd better like it! 😉

It's silvery, so it cannot be "hated," but we'll see.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:35 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I checked the stock inventory for CM SE / Hybrid in the DC area and found that only one basic model was sold. Is it hard to sell due to the price? I thought it is hot

Old 08-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
I checked the stock inventory for CM SE / Hybrid in the DC area and found that only one basic model was sold. Is it hard to sell due to the price? I thought it is hot
It is very pricey, especially having to add back in the option of the panoramic roof that is standard in the Countryman and S. Chevy Bolt seems to be doing extremely well. Customer base and "Brand"......

Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
It is very pricey, especially having to add back in the option of the panoramic roof that is standard in the Countryman and S. Chevy Bolt seems to be doing extremely well. Customer base and "Brand"......

If you treat it like a combination of BMW x225xe and Countryman looking plus tax credit, you will feel better

Old 08-15-2017, 03:44 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
If you treat it like a combination of BMW x225xe and Countryman looking plus tax credit, you will feel better
Meant to say "consumer base". I have been a fan of BMW having had four of them and currently owe M3 as well. Spoiled for life

My thinking was drawing a larger consumer base at this price point. Actually I was impressed that US sales were 75 last month and interested to see if that number increases for August sales on EV reporting.

Personally, I can't wait to get mine and each day the wait gets harder

Old 08-15-2017, 05:29 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Meant to say "consumer base". I have been a fan of BMW having had four of them and currently owe M3 as well. Spoiled for life

My thinking was drawing a larger consumer base at this price point. Actually I was impressed that US sales were 75 last month and interested to see if that number increases for August sales on EV reporting.

Personally, I can't wait to get mine and each day the wait gets harder
For the price, I have many other choices. However, Mini is my wife's favorite brand as you said, customer base and brand. A combination of BMW and Mini is one of my considerations

My SE will arrive at Port of Baltimore on 17th and she can not wait to see. What a long journey

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-15-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:58 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
For the price, I have many other choices. However, Mini is my wife's favorite brand as you said, customer base and brand. A combination of BMW and Mini is one of my considerations

My SE will arrive at Port of Baltimore on 17th and she can not wait to see. What a long journey
Same here The SE will be for everyday short commutes especially needing a bigger hauling capacity when needed. M3 and the Cooper S hatchback for pleasure summer driving

I'm sure you are excited to see your new drive! Almost here Post photos and review when you get it. Excited for you. My wait is most likely going to be much longer. Haven't heard of a production date as of today and likely won't see it until late November if production will be in October as some members here are saying. The wait will be worth it though! Hope I make it

Old 08-15-2017, 08:12 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We brought ours home last night! It drives so nice (compared to our 2012)! It's going to take me a while to get used to not putting the key anywhere... LOL!

Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iceknyght
We brought ours home last night! It drives so nice (compared to our 2012)! It's going to take me a while to get used to not putting the key anywhere... LOL!
Congratulations! Enjoy

Old 08-15-2017, 09:57 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CRU1
Hey there,

I work for MINI at MINI of Las Vegas and facilitate the orders for our dealership. There is a part shortage for the 5AS but you should still be
able to order it without an extensive delay. I personally have a 2018 JCW Countryman with 5AS. The screen shot that you showed is our DCS order system and it will not let the Advisor order that option unless the Priority status a 1-Sold. In the screen shot it shows Priority 3-Stock, which is why it will not allow it to be added. Due to the shortage MINI has reserved that option for only units that are in a Priority 1 - Status. Have your advisor change the status and you should be fine.

I hope this helps and if you need assistance let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Any way you can help me out? My CS4 finished production on 7/3 and now not one person has any idea where it is.

Any advise is appreciated!!

Old 08-15-2017, 12:23 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been calling the ASK-MINI number every day (sometimes twice a day) and finally got an update on my order today! Vehicle is now in production with an anticipated completion date of 8/23. Order placed on 7/29.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:52 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by (SM)
I've been calling the ASK-MINI number every day (sometimes twice a day) and finally got an update on my order today! Vehicle is now in production with an anticipated completion date of 8/23. Order placed on 7/29.
Similar timeframe to mine:
Ordered July 21st, Completion Date Aug. 22nd.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:20 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Similar timeframe to mine:
Ordered July 21st, Completion Date Aug. 22nd.
Mine was ordered on 7/6. At that point they said the anticipated completion date was 7/14. On 7/14, the completion date changed to 8/14. The completion date has not changed since Monday (7/14) but a call to ask Mini said it would be another week before completion and their records showed that production actually started on 7/10. That doesn't make sense since it is supposed to take 7-8 days to build one of these. I suspect the hang up with ADA- chip shortage or whatever.

"I had more patience when I was a doctor." Groucho Marx

"Do you know the problem with immediate gratification? It takes too long!" -unknown

Old 08-15-2017, 03:13 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
Mine was ordered on 7/6. At that point they said the anticipated completion date was 7/14. On 7/14, the completion date changed to 8/14. The completion date has not changed since Monday (7/14) but a call to ask Mini said it would be another week before completion and their records showed that production actually started on 7/10. That doesn't make sense since it is supposed to take 7-8 days to build one of these. I suspect the hang up with ADA- chip shortage or whatever.

"I had more patience when I was a doctor." Groucho Marx

"Do you know the problem with immediate gratification? It takes too long!" -unknown
Did you check BimMer.Work site?

Old 08-15-2017, 03:41 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Did you check BimMer.Work site?
Yessir. BimMer.work shows the production date as 8/14/2017. Does that mean production is completed or just starting? I hope the former. If that is the case, you would think it would show up in the owners lounge. Is it time for me to start looking at shipping from Zebruggee?

Old 08-15-2017, 07:23 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
I think it is the completion date based on my car. You may get more accurate information from Your dealership than Mini USA site. However, the waiting time for next vessel may vary due to schedules by the shipper

Old 08-15-2017, 07:56 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Yessir. BimMer.work shows the production date as 8/14/2017. Does that mean production is completed or just starting? I hope the former. If that is the case, you would think it would show up in the owners lounge. Is it time for me to start looking at shipping from Zebruggee?
My BimMer.work date was the date she was completed.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:30 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
My BimMer.work date was the date she was completed.
Thanks! That is what I was hoping. Now for the next stage of waiting- getting across the pond. In your collective experience, is the WW shipping line still the go-to for minis coming out of Zebruggee?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:24 AM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks! That is what I was hoping. Now for the next stage of waiting- getting across the pond. In your collective experience, is the WW shipping line still the go-to for minis coming out of Zebruggee?
Hey, we may be on the same ship. My completion date will be this Tuesday.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:14 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Hey, we may be on the same ship. My completion date will be this Tuesday.
Cool! Which ship do you wager it might be? What part of the country are you in? I'm in the Denver area.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:26 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
I hope it is the Morning Caroline. She is in Bremerhaven now, arriving in Zebrugge on 8/19. 26 days to get to Hueneme. Long trip!

Old 08-16-2017, 05:54 PM
darex
5th Gear
Cool! Which ship do you wager it might be? What part of the country are you in? I'm in the Denver area.
No idea which ship yet, but I'm in Philadelphia, and dealership in NJ, so... soon after docking into NYC. 😁

Old 08-17-2017, 06:33 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
No idea which ship yet, but I'm in Philadelphia, and dealership in NJ, so... soon after docking into NYC. 😁
Very nice! You will get yours much more quickly than my long slog through the canal.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine will be entering through Galveston. Not sure which ship it will take, but hopefully there won't be too much of a wait for one after production completes.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:00 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of checking AutoTrader and earlier in the week I spotted a couple tricked out ones in the $45-46k range. Thinking those those first base+ models are more or less demo vehicles but it's interesting to see MINI pop those into dealerships' hands relatively close to the SE's base MSRP.