2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just called 866-Ask-Mini to check on my production number since the website isn't giving any info. My production moved from week 36 to 43 (Late October)!!!! Bummer! I'm wondering if it was because I added the ADA Feature. Mini didn't have any info on that though.

Kwolfman, does your build include the ADA Feature?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Yes it does. I don't believe my JCW was delayed due to ADA, rather it was delayed because MINI needed a batch of JCWs to build at one time. That's probably more efficient.
Neither my MA or ASK MINI said there was any delay due to ADA.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer
I just called 866-Ask-Mini to check on my production number since the website isn't giving any info. My production moved from week 36 to 43 (Late October)!!!! Bummer! I'm wondering if it was because I added the ADA Feature. Mini didn't have any info on that though.

May be waiting to have enough to run a production?! I ordered mine on 7/6
Looks like it's going to be a long wait!!! Frustrating

Old 08-22-2017, 05:17 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
May be waiting to have enough to run a production?! I ordered mine on 7/6
Looks like it's going to be a long wait!!! Frustrating
I ordered on 7/6 as well Islandbluemini! Mine is a fully loaded Countryman S All4- (with ADA) no hybrid. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I was originally told I should get delivery by the end of August. Looking more like the end of September to me... If I am lucky.

Every time I call ask mini, I get a different response. It has completed build (bimmer.work says it was completed 8/14) but I now have been told it is not completed and to call in a week to see if it is ready to ship. Your guess is as good as mine.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
I ordered on 7/6 as well Islandbluemini! Mine is a fully loaded Countryman S All4- (with ADA) no hybrid. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I was originally told I should get delivery by the end of August. Looking more like the end of September to me... If I am lucky.

Every time I call ask mini, I get a different response. It has completed build (bimmer.work says it was completed 8/14) but I now have been told it is not completed and to call in a week to see if it is ready to ship. Your guess is as good as mine.
Geeze......this is so frustrating:-( Mine is the Hybrid F/L with ADA so I did expect the wait to be a little longer, but I still haven't gotten a production # yet and ASK/MINI can't help without one. Stuck in limbo land until I get a status change. Maybe waiting to get a certain amount before they start production.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:38 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Geeze......this is so frustrating:-( Mine is the Hybrid F/L with ADA so I did expect the wait to be a little longer, but I still haven't gotten a production # yet and ASK/MINI can't help without one. Stuck in limbo land until I get a status change. Maybe waiting to get a certain amount before they start production.
I did get a production number pretty quickly- 7/12, then the VIN on 7/13. I thought I was on a roll! Now I have no clue. I guess I should just relax and go with whatever the Born Nedcar flow is. The old adage, only worry about things you can control.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
I did get a production number pretty quickly- 7/12, then the VIN on 7/13. I thought I was on a roll! Now I have no clue. I guess I should just relax and go with whatever the Born Nedcar flow is. The old adage, only worry about things you can control.
Agree Was expecting to get the SE ALL4 before the snow flies here in New England but it looks like it's going to be a squeaker now! Sure hope it arrives before the crazy holidays. One can still "hope"

Old 08-23-2017, 07:16 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
My SE has been at VPC this Monday and will be loaded on the truck tomorrow

Old 08-23-2017, 10:15 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
It is my understanding that each dealer is allocated a limited number of "build slots" for orders. These are used for customer orders (priority 1) and dealership stock orders (priority 3). Some vehicles may also have a further restrictions as to the number of slots available for their orders. I understand that Countryman SE slots have been severely limited to something like 1 or 2 slots per month per dealership. Apparently dealerships can trade for slots from other dealerships. However, since the supply of SE slots are so limited there are none available to trade for. I think MINI vastly underestimated the popularity of the SE so everyone is stuck waiting.
I think you need to have a build slot assigned before the dealer can give you the production order number. Check with your MA about all of this.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:44 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
It is my understanding that each dealer is allocated a limited number of "build slots" for orders. These are used for customer orders (priority 1) and dealership stock orders (priority 3). Some vehicles may also have a further restrictions as to the number of slots available for their orders. I understand that Countryman SE slots have been severely limited to something like 1 or 2 slots per month per dealership. Apparently dealerships can trade for slots from other dealerships. However, since the supply of SE slots are so limited there are none available to trade for. I think MINI vastly underestimated the popularity of the SE so everyone is stuck waiting.
I think you need to have a build slot assigned before the dealer can give you the production order number. Check with your MA about all of this.
Order was placed on 7/6. On 8/2 MA called to say a slot opened up and my order was accepted and should have a production # within a week or so. As of today, still nothing. I know MA put the order in as Priority #1.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Order was placed on 7/6. On 8/2 MA called to say a slot opened up and my order was accepted and should have a production # within a week or so. As of today, still nothing. I know MA put the order in as Priority #1.
I found that you have to stay on top of your MA. You would think that they have one or more customers who have active orders and they would check once/twice a day for status updates, but no. My MA only seemed to check in response to my email or call. For some reason they are not as anxious as you or me.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I found that you have to stay on top of your MA. You would think that they have one or more customers who have active orders and they would check once/twice a day for status updates, but no. My MA only seemed to check in response to my email or call. For some reason they are not as anxious as you or me.
That's for sure! I've emailed several times and called and left messages. Unfortunately, have not gotten a response from MA We wouldn't have a business if we treated our customers like that! Maybe I'll just call the direct dealership # and see if I can get someone who will at least respond.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
My SE has been at VPC this Monday and will be loaded on the truck tomorrow

Old 08-23-2017, 04:47 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
That's for sure! I've emailed several times and called and left messages. Unfortunately, have not gotten a response from MA We wouldn't have a business if we treated our customers like that! Maybe I'll just call the direct dealership # and see if I can get someone who will at least respond.
Ask to speak with the sales manager. At my dealership he's the guy who actually places orders and he has access to current order status. He also is the guy who knows about slot availability. It is ridiculous that you have to wait this long just to get an order number. I ordered on July 5th and got my order number on July 8. It then took 1.5 months to get a VIN.
The difference being, I was ordering a JCW and you an SE. I understand that both had restricted slots available and my dealer had to "horse trade" to get an available JCW slot. I'm just guessing that the SE slots are even fewer and there aren't as many horses to trade.
By the way, my JCW is Island Blue too. I love that color.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:21 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Ask to speak with the sales manager. At my dealership he's the guy who actually places orders and he has access to current order status. He also is the guy who knows about slot availability. It is ridiculous that you have to wait this long just to get an order number. I ordered on July 5th and got my order number on July 8. It then took 1.5 months to get a VIN.
The difference being, I was ordering a JCW and you an SE. I understand that both had restricted slots available and my dealer had to "horse trade" to get an available JCW slot. I'm just guessing that the SE slots are even fewer and there aren't as many horses to trade.
I, with my Countryman S All4, had my production order number before I'd even left the dealership! Okay, they didn't give it to me per se. I was smart enough to snap a picture of it. 😉

Anyway, there was zero delay, once I gave them the go-ahead despite having to cancel ADA.

This week was my first delay: estimated completion date was bumped 3 days.

What I find interesting is that it appears to take twice as long to build F60s as F56s, at least for Born vs Oxford. A whole month to build a car??

Old 08-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Thanks kwolfman I will do that. I saw your spec on your JCW and to be honest, that car is my 'guilty pleasure'! Love the color combo you choose SE is better suited for my needs so enjoy your JCW for me too

Old 08-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I, with my Countryman S All4, had my production order number before I'd even left the dealership! Okay, they didn't give it to me per se. I was smart enough to snap a picture of it. 😉

Anyway, there was zero delay, once I gave them the go-ahead despite having to cancel ADA.

What I find interesting is that it appears to take twice as long to build F60s as F56s, at least for Born vs Oxford. A whole month to build a car??
MA said the order would be input into the system the next day but I was on a waiting list for another slot to open. I had originally expected a longer wait because of this new PHEV but it be nice to at least get an honest guesstimate of what wait time I'm looking at. Will call the Sales Mgr and see if I can get an update from him.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:36 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's coming... so is Christmas!

The good news is that I finally received a production week from ASM MINI. The bad news is that it is week 41 (October 9).

Ordered my Countryman SE on June 23 with a confirmed allocation from the dealer. Their system shows "08/2017" for Estimated Production Start. With a week 41 production, I'm probably looking at late October completion, November on the ship, and delivery early December.

If MINI would make some announcements about MTTS2018, it would help with the wait!!

Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
The good news is that I finally received a production week from ASM MINI. The bad news is that it is week 41 (October 9).

Ordered my Countryman SE on June 23 with a confirmed allocation from the dealer. Their system shows "08/2017" for Estimated Production Start. With a week 41 production, I'm probably looking at late October completion, November on the ship, and delivery early December.

If MINI would make some announcements about MTTS2018, it would help with the wait!!
Hope it's a mild winter here for me. No way my production date would be earlier than yours!

Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
i just deal wth the general manager 2-3 weeks after an order was placed without an assigned product number

Old 08-24-2017, 03:32 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
i just deal wth the general manager 2-3 weeks after an order was placed without an assigned product number
I'll have to do that. It doesn't take that long to check a status update for a customer. Especially if you want your business to grow and have great customer referrals. There's nothing more unsatisfying and frustrating than not getting a follow-up response from any company you do business with.

I will say that ASK/MINI customer relations have been very courteous and professional when I did call to see if I could find out any information.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:29 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by darex

Similar situation here. When I ordered my Countryman S, my MA gave me a print out of the build which had the production number at the top, along with Priority 1 status. He mentioned that if I logged into OL with that number it may show a completely different build at first. He must have overwritten their first available slot with my build. They estimated production would begin 2 weeks later, and delivery around 8 weeks from order.

So far my schedule is:
7/29: Ordered; production number provided
8/7: Able to log into OL with production number; status on order
8/15: Status update: In production, est. completion 8/23, VIN generated
8/21: In production, est. completion 8/25 (pushed back 2 days)

Curious to see how the rest of the timeline unfolds. Seems the 8 week estimate could still be a possibility

Old 08-24-2017, 11:54 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
MA emailed me that my car just arrived

Will post photos later

Old 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
MA emailed me that my car just arrived

Will post photos later

Old 08-24-2017, 12:57 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
What city are you located in? I just remember you said you have almost the same build as mine. I'm in Pittsburgh. Wondering if I'll be seeing its twin around.

Originally Posted by (SM)
Similar situation here. When I ordered my Countryman S, my MA gave me a print out of the build which had the production number at the top, along with Priority 1 status. He mentioned that if I logged into OL with that number it may show a completely different build at first. He must have overwritten their first available slot with my build. They estimated production would begin 2 weeks later, and delivery around 8 weeks from order.

So far my schedule is:
7/29: Ordered; production number provided
8/7: Able to log into OL with production number; status on order
8/15: Status update: In production, est. completion 8/23, VIN generated
8/21: In production, est. completion 8/25 (pushed back 2 days)

Curious to see how the rest of the timeline unfolds. Seems the 8 week estimate could still be a possibility