2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017 | 01:33 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
MA emailed me that my car just arrived

Will post photos later
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your photos!

Old 08-24-2017 | 03:43 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by (SM)
Similar situation here. When I ordered my Countryman S, my MA gave me a print out of the build which had the production number at the top, along with Priority 1 status. He mentioned that if I logged into OL with that number it may show a completely different build at first. He must have overwritten their first available slot with my build. They estimated production would begin 2 weeks later, and delivery around 8 weeks from order.

So far my schedule is:
7/29: Ordered; production number provided
8/7: Able to log into OL with production number; status on order
8/15: Status update: In production, est. completion 8/23, VIN generated
8/21: In production, est. completion 8/25 (pushed back 2 days)

Curious to see how the rest of the timeline unfolds. Seems the 8 week estimate could still be a possibility
Just checked BIMMER.WORK, and the "Production Date" is now listed as 24.8.2017 (today).

Does that mean it was built today? Finished tomorrow? ?? Well, I guess this is good news.

Old 08-24-2017 | 04:10 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Just checked BIMMER.WORK, and the "Production Date" is now listed as 24.8.2017 (today).

Does that mean it was built today? Finished tomorrow? ?? Well, I guess this is good news.
From what I understand, that date signifies when they finish production of the vehicle. Just checked mine again, production date remains unchanged. VIN 1 digit lower than mine was completed today, guess mine will be next!

Old 08-24-2017 | 04:57 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Here are photos. The car is still at the dealership

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:01 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

Congratulations! She's a beauty Great color/specs and really like the chrome interior too. Yeah for the ADA

Be sure to keep us posted once you get her home and update with reviews Enjoy!

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:06 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Thanks. If you choose all black interior, I will suggest chrome interior style option

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:20 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Hey, same dealership I'm purchasing my JCW from!

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:23 PM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks. If you choose all black interior, I will suggest chrome interior style option

Looks great! Congrats!

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:30 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kept going back and forth with this option. Couldn't really see it good on the configuration photo. Going to see if I can add it. I would think it would be okay since I don't have a production #. Really breaks up all the black interior which I will have also.

Enjoy!

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:40 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Congratulations. Bet you can't wait to get her home.

Old 08-25-2017 | 05:31 AM
darex
5th Gear
8/25/2017: "On carrier, headed to port of exit"

And so, it begins!

Old 08-25-2017 | 05:45 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear

And so, it begins!
Great

Old 08-25-2017 | 05:59 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Hey, same dealership I'm purchasing my JCW from!
They got more than 20 Minis on 2 trucks yesterday and sold the base SE last month at MSRP

Old 08-25-2017 | 08:24 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

And so, it begins!
That's great

Old 08-25-2017 | 08:29 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear

And so, it begins!
We must be close in line. I just got the message this morning on OL- "Awaiting transport,"

I talked to Ask Mini yesterday. They said my Mini was ready to go and was being shipped to Munich. WHAT? I said my car needs to end up in Denver and Munich is the opposite direction from Zebbruggee. He didn't have an answer. I guess I will just start check the WW website and see what happens.

Darex do you know what ship you are on?

Old 08-25-2017 | 04:54 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
We must be close in line. I just got the message this morning on OL- "Awaiting transport,"

I talked to Ask Mini yesterday. They said my Mini was ready to go and was being shipped to Munich. WHAT? I said my car needs to end up in Denver and Munich is the opposite direction from Zebbruggee. He didn't have an answer. I guess I will just start check the WW website and see what happens.

Darex do you know what ship you are on?
I haven't checked since this morning, but this morning it was "released to a carrier, and awaiting transport to the port of exit." So, unless it was already assigned to a ship, I don't think we know yet.

Old 08-26-2017 | 09:36 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Ship Schedules

The ships on just Atlantic rotation should be ok but I had several schedule issues yesterday with Ro-Ro's that had to transit the gulf and or canal.

They have so much sail area "big flat sides wind hits" that they are very storm averse since they can get in situations wher they can't make way and get blown aground. Most of the ones transiting the gulf have holed up until at least Monday when they were going to update schedules.

We had East bound loadings planned next week in Baltimore and Wilmington that have been pushed along with a WA for early the following week.

Old 08-26-2017 | 10:47 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
[QUOTE=pyuhlu;4324937]Thanks. If you choose all black interior, I will suggest chrome interior style option

Just received a production and VIN from MA Current status at the moment is "scheduled for production" MA told me that it is in assembly on production line but I don't have any other information/dates. If I have a VIN that's a good sign....yes?

Old 08-26-2017 | 11:05 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Just called ASKMINI and message said my vehicle production is COMPLETE and awaiting carrier! I'm in shock even though I'm thoroughly excited and over the moon happy. Will have to wait until Monday to see if I can get further updated details from ASKMINI:-)

Old 08-26-2017 | 11:48 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Wonderful! Mine is in "awaiting transport" mode as well. That makes sense, since we both ordered on 7/6. What is your arrival port? Mine is Hueneme. Now I am hopeful that Hurricane Harvey won't disrupt shipping through the Panama Canal. I wouldn't think so, since Panama is so far south. However, you never know how shipping may get backed up because of this storm. I hope my Mini can make it on board the Fedora- 03 Sept departure and 30 Sept arrival in Hueneme. Then probably another 2 weeks for VDC and shipping to Denver.

Old 08-26-2017 | 12:14 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
Wonderful! Mine is in "awaiting transport" mode as well. That makes sense, since we both ordered on 7/6. What is your arrival port? Mine is Hueneme. Now I am hopeful that Hurricane Harvey won't disrupt shipping through the Panama Canal. I wouldn't think so, since Panama is so far south. However, you never know how shipping may get backed up because of this storm. I hope my Mini can make it on board the Fedora- 03 Sept departure and 30 Sept arrival in Hueneme. Then probably another 2 weeks for VDC and shipping to Denver.
Arrival port would be NY/NJ. I was trying to track and trace on WWL ship schedule a little while ago but don't see VIN listed as loaded yet. With a little more research I got through AskMINI, production was just completed yesterday and said 'waiting for carrier". Since this is a first for me with a new build, I'm stumbling through this track and trace right now but so excited (and shocked) that my SE is completed! The OL would have been totally useless through the process since I just logged on today and all it said was "in production". Too bad that it's worthless and you don't get to see all the fun assembly process.

How did you find what ship you'll be on?

Old 08-26-2017 | 12:17 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
bimmer.work web site

Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Just called ASKMINI and message said my vehicle production is COMPLETE and awaiting carrier! I'm in shock even though I'm thoroughly excited and over the moon happy. Will have to wait until Monday to see if I can get further updated details from ASKMINI:-)
Congrats!

You can also go to http://bimmer.work/ and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN. You should see a complete list of everything on your vehicle. It should also show the completion date.

One thing I found interesting about the bimmer site is the ability to get an idea about what cars were built just before yours and which ones come after. Just add or subtract from your VIN and use that. Using that method I am able to see there are 18 JCWs to go before mine completes. It is due for completion on 8/30. I'm hoping it makes one of the early September rides to Baltimore.

For the heck of it, I entered the last seven digits of my Clubman which was built 5 years ago. It showed me the complete listing of everything on my car plus is showed a rendering of the outside and inside of the car. It even included a 360 degree rendering of the interior. The newer vehicles have space for the images but they haven't been created yet.

Old 08-26-2017 | 12:23 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Arrival port would be NY/NJ. I was trying to track and trace on WWL ship schedule a little while ago but don't see VIN listed as loaded yet. With a little more research I got through AskMINI, production was just completed yesterday and said 'waiting for carrier".
I believe "waiting for carrier" means it is waiting for truck transport from the NEDCAR factory in Born Netherlands to the shipping port at Zeebrugge Belgium, about a 3 hour drive. Then you get to wait to be assigned to a ship and finally loaded on it.

Old 08-26-2017 | 01:23 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Arrival port would be NY/NJ. I was trying to track and trace on WWL ship schedule a little while ago but don't see VIN listed as loaded yet. With a little more research I got through AskMINI, production was just completed yesterday and said 'waiting for carrier". Since this is a first for me with a new build, I'm stumbling through this track and trace right now but so excited (and shocked) that my SE is completed! The OL would have been totally useless through the process since I just logged on today and all it said was "in production". Too bad that it's worthless and you don't get to see all the fun assembly process.

How did you find what ship you'll be on?
I went to the WW site and searched schedules with the exit port of Zeebrugge and my entry port- Hueneme. If gives you a list of the ships and their schedules.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F

Old 08-26-2017 | 01:26 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Congrats!

You can also go to http://bimmer.work/ and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN. You should see a complete list of everything on your vehicle. It should also show the completion date.

One thing I found interesting about the bimmer site is the ability to get an idea about what cars were built just before yours and which ones come after. Just add or subtract from your VIN and use that. Using that method I am able to see there are 18 JCWs to go before mine completes. It is due for completion on 8/30. I'm hoping it makes one of the early September rides to Baltimore.

For the heck of it, I entered the last seven digits of my Clubman which was built 5 years ago. It showed me the complete listing of everything on my car plus is showed a rendering of the outside and inside of the car. It even included a 360 degree rendering of the interior. The newer vehicles have space for the images but they haven't been created yet.
Yessir, the bimmer.work site is definitely the best thing going for build info. I also find it fun to look at other builds and see what people are ordering.