2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017 | 02:46 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Congrats!

You can also go to http://bimmer.work/ and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN. You should see a complete list of everything on your vehicle. It should also show the completion date.

One thing I found interesting about the bimmer site is the ability to get an idea about what cars were built just before yours and which ones come after. Just add or subtract from your VIN and use that. Using that method I am able to see there are 18 JCWs to go before mine completes. It is due for completion on 8/30. I'm hoping it makes one of the early September rides to Baltimore.

For the heck of it, I entered the last seven digits of my Clubman which was built 5 years ago. It showed me the complete listing of everything on my car plus is showed a rendering of the outside and inside of the car. It even included a 360 degree rendering of the interior. The newer vehicles have space for the images but they haven't been created yet.
Thanks Kwolfman! The bimmer site was great My SE was completed yesterday! I was able to checkout the WWL site and put in wildcard for VIN. Didn't expect it to be there today and I didn't find it but will keep checking. I think this point in the journey will be much more satisfying and fun since the OL on MiniUSA isn't updated at all. Just shows "in production"

More importantly, I want to thank you and all the other F60's Waiters Club/Countryman guys for all the great input, information and personal experiences. You've all made this first time build a pleasant and great experience. Sure have learned a lot in a short time here and really enjoying everyone's journey, photos and reviews

Will keep you posted on the next status update and can't wait to see your JCW (my guilty pleasure)

Old 08-26-2017 | 02:49 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
I went to the WW site and searched schedules with the exit port of Zeebrugge and my entry port- Hueneme. If gives you a list of the ships and their schedules.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F
Thank you for the link and keep us posted when you get a new update Everyone on this forum has been so great and I'm enjoying everyones excitement and journey as well

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:15 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I went to the WW site and searched schedules with the exit port of Zeebrugge and my entry port- Hueneme. If gives you a list of the ships and their schedules.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F
Thank you! That link is great and I found that if my SE makes the Tiger by 8/27 then she will dock in NY 9/6. Next ship departure is the Tortugas on 9/2 and expected to dock in NY 9/13 I've got all these links bookmarked so I can keep checking back for updates

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:20 PM
darex
5th Gear
Congrats!

You can also go to http://bimmer.work/ and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN. You should see a complete list of everything on your vehicle. It should also show the completion date.

One thing I found interesting about the bimmer site is the ability to get an idea about what cars were built just before yours and which ones come after. Just add or subtract from your VIN and use that. Using that method I am able to see there are 18 JCWs to go before mine completes. It is due for completion on 8/30. I'm hoping it makes one of the early September rides to Baltimore.

For the heck of it, I entered the last seven digits of my Clubman which was built 5 years ago. It showed me the complete listing of everything on my car plus is showed a rendering of the outside and inside of the car. It even included a 360 degree rendering of the interior. The newer vehicles have space for the images but they haven't been created yet.
I've had the image previews available practically since I ordered. Yours doesn't show, or am I misreading?

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-photo0.jpg   F60 Waiters Club-photo275.jpg   F60 Waiters Club-photo188.jpg   F60 Waiters Club-photo721.jpg  
Old 08-26-2017 | 03:24 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Thank you! That link is great and I found that if my SE makes the Tiger by 8/27 then she will dock in NY 9/6. Next ship departure is the Tortugas on 9/2 and expected to dock in NY 9/13 I've got all these links bookmarked so I can keep checking back for updates
Thanks for looking up for me when MY MINI will reach port.

Much appreciated! So, maybe as soon as 2nd or 3rd week of Sept, it'll be ready for pick-up at dealership.

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:41 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Thanks for looking up for me when MY MINI will reach port.

Much appreciated! So, maybe as soon as 2nd or 3rd week of Sept, it'll be ready for pick-up at dealership.

.....anytime darex Many thanks to "I'mMelting" for that one

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:44 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I've had the image previews available practically since I ordered. Yours doesn't show, or am I misreading?
No images yet for me.

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:47 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
.....anytime darex Many thanks to "I'mMelting" for that one
My pleasure Mini Brothers!

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:49 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
My pleasure Mini Brothers!

Old 08-26-2017 | 05:36 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
No images yet for me.
Yeah, I had no images for mine either. It gives an error code for the images and 360 views - apparently the issue is that they don't have the Moonwalk Grey color in their system. Was able to dig through other VINs to find a similar interior build as mine though.

My build was completed yesterday (8/25), current status is "waiting to be release to the carrier." Seems like most of us could be going out around the same time. My destination port is Galveston - let's hope there isn't another storm behind Harvey by the time mine gets into the Gulf.

Old 08-26-2017 | 05:46 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by (SM)
Yeah, I had no images for mine either. It gives an error code for the images and 360 views - apparently the issue is that they don't have the Moonwalk Grey color in their system. Was able to dig through other VINs to find a similar interior build as mine though.

My build was completed yesterday (8/25), current status is "waiting to be release to the carrier." Seems like most of us could be going out around the same time. My destination port is Galveston - let's hope there isn't another storm behind Harvey by the time mine gets into the Gulf.
Stay safe! Scary weather for you Sure hope we all get loaded on a vessel next week Keeping positive thoughts for us.

Old 08-26-2017 | 07:53 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Nope, no images for me and I see I'm not alone. The error basically says "file not found". I just assumed they would generate the images sometime after the build was complete.

To bad the miniusa vehicle configuration doesn't also permit a full 360 view of the car you are building. I would love to see the car at other angles besides the two they provide. It would be great to view from any side and from alternate height angles. You would think the amount of money that MINI/BMW is making in profit on these vehicles, they could spend a little more on the programmers to enhance their web site.

Old 08-26-2017 | 07:58 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Thanks Kwolfman! Will keep you posted on the next status update and can't wait to see your JCW (my guilty pleasure)
Thanks, I will. So your SE has been built. Wow! I thought you were looking at a many months wait! They must have gotten a Costco special on batteries!

Old 08-26-2017 | 08:29 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear

Congratulations on ones built completely

I just brought Rocky home this afternoon. On the way home, I got a bad traffic in I-495 and Rocky ran with the battery smoothly and efficiently. When the battery was lower than 10%, an engine was kicked in and battery was charged until above 10% and used instead.

Drove more than 30 miles from the dealership and very little gas was consumed. Battery was used mostly. Also the 1.5L engine ran smoothly and I hardly noticed the differences in driving between electrical motors and the engine

ADA warned me when Rocky approached the car in front in 25 mph

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-26-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2017 | 04:08 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Thanks, I will. So your SE has been built. Wow! I thought you were looking at a many months wait! They must have gotten a Costco special on batteries!
Yes, it was a shocker for me too That's the message I'm getting from ASK/MINI but Owner's Lounge just says "Scheduled for Production"! I had called MA and left message that I wanted to add Chrome Interior. MA was on vacation last week and when he got back he called to say I couldn't add as he just checked on it's was in production on assembly line. He emailed the Production# and when I logged into OL that's how it all started. VIN was listed there. Bimmer.work site gave 8/25 completion date with all specs so I checked the automated messaging on ASK/MINI....."production complete awaiting carrier". Go figure!!! Dead silence then Boom!!!

With summer vacations, new PHEV model starting up production and new 2018's landing on dealership lots must have thrown updates off.

LOL....Costco batteries At least I'll get a JCW-like rush from 0-60 Then back to silent cruising

Old 08-27-2017 | 04:15 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu

Congratulations on ones built completely

I just brought Rocky home this afternoon. On the way home, I got a bad traffic in I-495 and Rocky ran with the battery smoothly and efficiently. When the battery was lower than 10%, an engine was kicked in and battery was charged until above 10% and used instead.

Drove more than 30 miles from the dealership and very little gas was consumed. Battery was used mostly. Also the 1.5L engine ran smoothly and I hardly noticed the differences in driving between electrical motors and the engine

ADA warned me when Rocky approached the car in front in 25 mph
Welcome home Rocky! You must be so excited and relieved Rocky's finally here
Charge him up and enjoy the rest of the weekend breaking him in

What did you set the ADA parameters on for the I-495 drive home? Did you use the Navi to determine electric/gas usage for the drive? There's a lot to explore and learn with all the new tech gadgets. Keep us posted on your experiences and most of all.....ENJOY

Old 08-27-2017 | 04:53 AM
darex
5th Gear
Nope, no images for me and I see I'm not alone. The error basically says "file not found". I just assumed they would generate the images sometime after the build was complete.

To bad the miniusa vehicle configuration doesn't also permit a full 360 view of the car you are building. I would love to see the car at other angles besides the two they provide. It would be great to view from any side and from alternate height angles. You would think the amount of money that MINI/BMW is making in profit on these vehicles, they could spend a little more on the programmers to enhance their web site.
MINI sites for other countries (Germany, France, and U.K., etc.) have similar, far more detailed previews, which allow 360° visualizations.

I note that my preview has been updated. Originally, it did not reflect the 7/2018 changes, but now it does.

Old 08-27-2017 | 09:18 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Welcome home Rocky! You must be so excited and relieved Rocky's finally here
Charge him up and enjoy the rest of the weekend breaking him in

What did you set the ADA parameters on for the I-495 drive home? Did you use the Navi to determine electric/gas usage for the drive? There's a lot to explore and learn with all the new tech gadgets. Keep us posted on your experiences and most of all.....ENJOY

I enabled all options from ADA. Also ADA detected the speed signs and reflected on HUD

I just selected the mixed mode and Rocky did the rest depending on how much the electricity is on the battery and the driving speed. When engine was kicked in, the acceleration was great and we barely noticed the differences. The battery is charged from the car quickly in the mixed mode

The option "MINI Yours Interior Surface Illuminated" looks great and you can change the color you want at night

I like the change of instrument panel. No more display in all red like bimmer and the display is clear and easy to read

I asked to add 4 all weather mats by adding $40 on the total to round to next hundred. These mats looks nice

Old 08-27-2017 | 09:36 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I enabled all options from ADA. Also ADA detected the speed signs and reflected on HUD

I just selected the mixed mode and Rocky did the rest depending on how much the electricity is on the battery and the driving speed. When engine was kicked in, the acceleration was great and we barely noticed the differences. The battery is charged from the car quickly in the mixed mode

The option "MINI Yours Interior Surface Illuminated" looks great and you can change the color you want at night

I like the change of instrument panel. No more display in all red like bimmer and the display is clear and easy to read

I asked to add 4 all weather mats by adding $40 on the total to round to next hundred. These mats looks nice
Sounds great! I have the all weather mats in my MCS and they really keep the carpets clean. I'll be adding those when I pick mine up and I also want the boot weather liner. The carpet there is especially tough to vacuum.

Enjoy a nice motor today

Old 08-27-2017 | 10:40 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
MINI sites for other countries (Germany, France, and U.K., etc.) have similar, far more detailed previews, which allow 360° visualizations.
That is exactly what I was looking for! I went to the UK's web site, https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home.html and I was finally able to see my configuration from all angles. It makes me want my JCW even more. My color combination seems to be unique. I have never seen the Island Blue/Chili Red combo on any Countryman. None of the JCWs with VINs similar to mine are configured that way.

The UK site is also interesting because the configurator is so different. There is no "Fully Loaded" package. There are some smaller packages then everything else is a-la-cart. A lot of things that are standard for the US are optional on the UK site. Pricing is also quite different (when you convert pounds to dollars). I attempted to configure a JCW to something close to what I ordered. The UK version is much more expensive. For my configuration, the UK version was about $6000 more.

I also noticed the interior had the steering wheel on the left. I suspect they must get my location from my US IP address.

Old 08-27-2017 | 01:27 PM
darex
5th Gear

I like the change of instrument panel. No more display in all red like bimmer and the display is clear and
I thought I'd read something about that, but without details or photos. If the nighttime display isn't orange (which I've always liked), what is it now? There's a good reason why BMW has always done so. Orange is one of the best colors to preserve night vision.

One of my favorite features of my F56 is that the system so intelligently and accurately knows when to turn on headlamps, when to change display from white to orange (and when not to, e.g. When it's raining during the day). I would really hate to lose this functionality, for some all-white, all-the-time nonsense.

Can you post a pic of what you mean?

Old 08-27-2017 | 01:29 PM
darex
5th Gear
Sounds great! I have the all weather mats in my MCS and they really keep the carpets clean. I'll be adding those when I pick mine up and I also want the boot weather liner. The carpet there is especially tough to vacuum.

Enjoy a nice motor today
Weathertech doesn't have Floorliners for F60 yet (and they make them for MINI). I am on their notification list for when they do.

Old 08-27-2017 | 01:53 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Weathertech doesn't have Floorliners for F60 yet (and they make them for MINI). I am on their notification list for when they do.
No? My MA said they have the leather floor mats at the dealers and could pick them up when my car comes in. Maybe they are not Weathertech brand? They also have the luggage leather floor mats for the boot there.

Old 08-27-2017 | 02:05 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Funny! I was just researching this myself, (great minds and all that) and I wondered if the Mini mats are made by WeatherTech. Went to that website as well and saw they don't have mats for 2018's yet. Been buying WeatherTech for years and they have earned my loyalty. Great product!

Old 08-27-2017 | 02:17 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Funny! I was just researching this myself, (great minds and all that) and I wondered if the Mini mats are made by WeatherTech. Went to that website as well and saw they don't have mats for 2018's yet. Been buying WeatherTech for years and they have earned my loyalty. Great product!
Meant to say All Weather Mats not leather in above post. I've had both but prefer the Mini All Weather Mats for my MCS. The Weathertech brand is great and I've had them for other cars. I know they have some different styles at my dealership, including front mats that come up and surround the side surfaces. Don't think there is any significant changes from the 17's to 18's other than in the SE where there might be a floor difference because of the battery.