2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 02:29 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Meant to say All Weather Mats not leather in above post. I've had both but prefer the Mini All Weather Mats for my MCS. The Weathertech brand is great and I've had them for other cars. I know they have some different styles at my dealership, including front mats that come up and surround the side surfaces. Don't think there is any significant changes from the 17's to 18's other than in the SE where there might be a floor difference because of the battery.
These the ones?
http://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/1...L-WEATHER-MATS

http://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/1...OMPARTMENT-MAT

They look nice. May have to add them to my purchase as well. (Not to mention they match the diamond pattern of the Chesterfield upholstery)

Last edited by (SM); 08-27-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by (SM)
These the ones?

They look nice. May have to add them to my purchase as well. (Not to mention they match the diamond pattern of the Chesterfield upholstery)
Yes Your dealer may have them in stock. Check with them 1st. I know you can also get them on Amazon.com for $57 that will fit the 2017 Countryman. You can check reviews and questions there.

I'm going to check with dealer 1st to make sure they will fit since I ordered the SE. They really are nice and protect the carpet really well.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:47 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
I am on my 2nd set of the deep weather tech like M
INI mats on Lucy. With it being stick I wore a hole under my clutch heel on the 1 st set.

Dealer didn't have the deep dump out mats for Lucy yet. Hope they come out before winter.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
I am on my 2nd set of the deep weather tech like M
INI mats on Lucy. With it being stick I wore a hole under my clutch heel on the 1 st set.

Dealer didn't have the deep dump out mats for Lucy yet. Hope they come out before winter.
Do they hug the sides snug? What I like about my older all weather mats is that they fit snug and don't move around.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:37 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Do they hug the sides snug? What I like about my older all weather mats is that they fit snug and don't move around.
Been there, done that, with my F56 when it was new. Weathertech does not yet have them for F60, and they will, before MINI-branded ones arrive, if history should repeat itself.

I have the MINI-branded all-weathers from my previous MINI, before I got my MINI-branded Weathertechs. They're okay, but the huge MINI decorative button is annoyingly placed. I will use them in my F60 when it arrives, to tide me over until I can get Weathertechs or MINI-branded Weathertechs.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:22 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Been there, done that, with my F56 when it was new. Weathertech does not yet have them for F60, and they will, before MINI-branded ones arrive, if history should repeat itself.

I have the MINI-branded all-weathers from my previous MINI, before I got my MINI-branded Weathertechs. They're okay, but the huge MINI decorative button is annoyingly placed. I will use them in my F60 when it arrives, to tide me over until I can get Weathertechs or MINI-branded Weathertechs.
See what you're saying. Placement of the badge could be annoying. My MCS mats have logo placement at the bottom corner so they are not in foot path at all.

Still waiting for carrier. Looks like the Tortugas might be our ride. Loading on 9/2. Do you know what your current status is? At terminal or stilling awaiting carrier to Zeebrugge.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:27 AM
darex
5th Gear
See what you're saying. Placement of the badge could be annoying. My MCS mats have logo placement at the bottom corner so they are not in foot path at all.

Still waiting for carrier. Looks like the Tortugas might be our ride. Loading on 9/2. Do you know what your current status is? At terminal or stilling awaiting carrier to Zeebrugge.
No updates, so far. Somewhere between Born & Brugge, on a truck (?). W&W does not yet have my VIN.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:32 AM
CLNickel
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"These the ones?

They look nice. May have to add them to my purchase as well. (Not to mention they match the diamond pattern of the Chesterfield upholstery)"

I purchased these mats from a dealer for my recently delivered 2017 Mini Countryman S. They fit perfectly and look amazing in the car....I purchased all the mats for the front, back & cargo area. I left the original carpet mats in and placed these over them. They seem very snug and don't appear as though they will slide at all. The MINI logo really adds to them.

Be sure when ordering that you are ordering for the 2017 model.....the 2016 model mats will not fit properly.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
No updates, so far. Somewhere between Born & Brugge, on a truck (?). W&W does not yet have my VIN.
Do you check the automated menu on 1-866-ASK-MINI for the most recent updates? I know the OL seems worthless since it's still says my SE is still "in production" Auto check message with partial VIN or production# will give you an updated status that is a little more current.

I check the shipping scheduled this morning and the Tortugas docks in Zeebrugge on Saturday, 9/2 and leaves port same day. It docks at one other port before Zeebrugge and then on it's way the NS 1st, then NY for arrival on the 13th. So our cars need to be at the terminal sometime this week for loading on Saturday. Noted on bimmer.work that only two SE's were built Friday, 8/25 (the 2nd was mine) and two were built today. Think that might be the cut off until they start up again with October production that some members were told their orders got pushed back.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:40 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrrgh!, the completion date on my JCW has been pushed back TWO WHOLE DAYS (8/30-9/1). What did I do to make the gods angry with me?

Okay, calm down. Think pleasant thoughts. Mellow out! Time to go listen to some Moody Blues or Pink Floyd.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Arrrgh!, the completion date on my JCW has been pushed back TWO WHOLE DAYS (8/30-9/1). What did I do to make the gods angry with me?

Okay, calm down. Think pleasant thoughts. Mellow out! Time to go listen to some Moody Blues or Pink Floyd.
Ugh.....: Up until last Friday all I had was dead silence then found out my production was complete. This sure can be a perplexing and frustrating experience. Hope your JCW is completed on Thursday! Until then, I like your suggestion of listening to Pink Floyd

Old 08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
darex
5th Gear

TUESDAY.... AFTERNOON..... your status will change.

Happened to me and Islandblue, remember? Turned out, it was completed a day earlier than the delayed-to date.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

Happened to me and Islandblue, remember? Turned out, it was completed a day earlier than the delayed-to date.
Yup....they're just playing minds games with us

Old 08-28-2017, 05:06 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting, I would like to read the 2018 Countryman owners manual. I have only been able to track down a 2017 version. Anybody know where to find the right manual for our cars?

Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, its a bit like Ride My See-Saw

Old 08-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
Well, instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting, I would like to read the 2018 Countryman owners manual. I have only been able to track down a 2017 version. Anybody know where to find the right manual for our cars?
Wish I could help but.....It's been over 10 years since I've bought a new car! Please tell me we will get an owner's manual with our new ones. If I have to download and kill a thousand trees to get one, I'm not going to be happy!

Only part I was willing to download today to distract me from checking for updates was downloading an oldie manual for the Mini Connect. Downloaded the app on my iPhone and that took up 10 minutes Sure hope we get on the next ship loading Saturday. Feels like I've been waiting 2 years and not two months

Old 08-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Yes, its a bit like Ride My See-Saw
Ah...yup

Old 08-29-2017, 03:27 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
My 2018 came with a 2017 manual, and a couple loose addendum sheets...Lame! If the 2018 manual comes out in hardcopy I'm going to ask my dealer for one.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:08 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Just got an update this morning that my SE "has been released to a carrier for transport to port of exit"

Old 08-29-2017, 05:38 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Just got an update this morning that my SE "has been released to a carrier for transport to port of exit"
Mine was updated this morning to the same status as well. Going to try and talk to an actual representative during business hours today to see if they know which ship I'm on yet.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:08 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Mine was updated this morning to the same status as well. Going to try and talk to an actual representative during business hours today to see if they know which ship I'm on yet.

I had the same status for 2 weeks before the car was loaded on vessel. The customer relation rep from Mini USA had no idea until the car was scanned by WWL before loaded on vessel. As to the ship, it really depends how WWL arranges and Mini USA and the car dealership have no idea. Just wait and be patient

Before the car arrives, you can do something like the insurance quote, car loan quote, extended warranty/maintenance from different dealership if needed, online video/manual by Mini USA, reviews and tips, and accessories like mats and touchup paint. In MD, the insurance coverage for the new car is needed before you drive out of the dealership as required by law

If you ordered S E, it is time to get a charging card. It took me a week to get one from SemaConnect and I am not sure if I can use it on the Chargepoint system. There are many free charging stations in DC area but definitely a card is needed. Some free charging stations only have 220V plugs and I am thinking about a 110/220V charger just in case. Luckily, there are free charging stations at my company's garage. I saw there was a new installed charging station by ChargPoint at the dealership when I pickup my car

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-29-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
I had the same status for 2 weeks before the car was loaded on vessel. The customer relation rep from Mini USA had no idea until the car was scanned by WWL before loaded on vessel. Just wait and be patient

If you ordered S E, it is time to get a charging card. It took me a week to get one from SemaConnect and I am not sure if I can use it on the Chargepoint system. There are many free charging stations in DC area but definitely a card is needed. Some free charging stations only have 220V plugs and I am thinking about a 110/220V charger just in case. Luckily, there are free charging stations at my company's garage. I saw there was a new installed charging station by ChargPoint at the dealership when I pickup my car
Thanks

Old 08-29-2017, 06:25 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
[QUOTE=(SM);4326029]Mine was updated this morning to the same status as well. Going to try and talk to an actual representative during business hours today to see if they know which ship I'm on yet.[/QUOUTE

I know you said your port was Galveston. Are you in TX? The flooding there is just unbelievable! Hope they get relief quickly.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:41 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
I know you said your port was Galveston. Are you in TX? The flooding there is just unbelievable! Hope they get relief quickly.
I'm in LA. We had a "1000 year flood" last August, so I know exactly what they are going through. The closest port is Galveston, which just got hit pretty hard this past week. No idea what the aftermath will look like in a month when my MINI would be arriving...

Old 08-29-2017, 06:57 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I'm in LA. We had a "1000 year flood" last August, so I know exactly what they are going through. The closest port is Galveston, which just got hit pretty hard this past week. No idea what the aftermath will look like in a month when my MINI would be arriving...
I feel for what the people are going through Saw many dealership cars totally underwater! Shipping schedules were definitely affected by this monster storm. Hope it's clear skies and smooth sailing now.