2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
darex:

Tug boat in position and destination now changed to US NYC.....BUT arrival ETA is now 9/15 @ 4:00!!!

Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Shouldn't it have left Halifax by now? 😞
Tug boat in position.....ETA for NYC now 9/15! Step on it!!!

Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
darex:

Finally!!! Tortugas underway at 1.8 knots!

Old 09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
darex:

Finally!!! Tortugas underway at 1.8 knots!
I guess they need to throw a few more Canadian logs on the fire and get those big steam boilers going. Paddle wheels at FULL SPEED!

Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
I guess they need to throw a few more Canadian logs on the fire and get those big steam boilers going. Paddle wheels at FULL SPEED!
A vessel named "Tortugas"(turtles of Tortuga)......what would one expect

Keep us posted on updates! Hope your loaded tomorrow

Last edited by Islandbluemini; 09-13-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling.....
Old 09-13-2017, 05:37 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Tug boat in position.....ETA for NYC now 9/15! Step on it!!!
4am arrival! I could meet and greet it. 😉

Old 09-13-2017, 07:45 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my production number today.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by minidreamz

Great. Hopefully you will get a VIN soon

The following users liked this post:
minidreamz (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minidreamz
Congrats!

The following users liked this post:
minidreamz (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
4am arrival! I could meet and greet it. 😉
Well hurry up and get over there!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Well I just watched the Salome leave the Zeebrugge port without loading ANY MINI vehicles. I can tell that by using the Quick Search page on the WW web site. Searching for Cargo ID WMZY% should show any MINI activity over the past few months. The latest events it shows are the "DISCARGED" status of a bunch of Countryman in Halifax, NS. They appear to have arrived by the Tortugas, as IslandBlueMini is well aware of.

So that leaves me with one more ship on the 17th (the "Morning Courier", sounds like a newspaper, whatever that is.) It is the last ship to arrive in Baltimore before the end of September (28th). I just had an internal mental picture of a kids folded paper boat bobbing up and down in the North Atlantic with cars sliding through the seams. That doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm at a complete loss about how WW picks vehicles to load. My JCW has been at Zeebrugge since Monday (9/11) and its VIN still doesn't show up on the WW web site. Looking at the port via the Google Maps satellite display shows thousands of cars in the lots. I'm sure some coming and some are going. Quite a lot to catalog and control.

Okay, so the 17th is it. No ifs-ands-or-buts.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:59 PM
darex
5th Gear
Well I just watched the Salome leave the Zeebrugge port without loading ANY MINI vehicles. I can tell that by using the Quick Search page on the WW web site. Searching for Cargo ID WMZY% should show any MINI activity over the past few months. The latest events it shows are the "DISCARGED" status of a bunch of Countryman in Halifax, NS. They appear to have arrived by the Tortugas, as IslandBlueMini is well aware of.

So that leaves me with one more ship on the 17th (the "Morning Courier", sounds like a newspaper, whatever that is.) It is the last ship to arrive in Baltimore before the end of September (28th). I just had an internal mental picture of a kids folded paper boat bobbing up and down in the North Atlantic with cars sliding through the seams. That doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm at a complete loss about how WW picks vehicles to load. My JCW has been at Zeebrugge since Monday (9/11) and its VIN still doesn't show up on the WW web site. Looking at the port via the Google Maps satellite display shows thousands of cars in the lots. I'm sure some coming and some are going. Quite a lot to catalog and control.

Google Maps isn't a live photo.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Google Maps isn't a live photo.
Of course.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

I'm sure that Irma's impact caused a big shuffle on the WW schedule. Hope that the Morning Courier is your ride this time!!!

The Tortugas is still behind arrival time for NY port this morning. Lots of cargo vessel activity there this morning. Just want it on dry land ASAP! I keep checking WW "notifications" for port delay updates. Last one was posted 9/12.

Keep us posted!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:08 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
The Tortugas now docked:-)

Old 09-15-2017, 04:15 AM
darex
5th Gear
The Tortugas now docked:-)
What does this mean?

That the ship was admitted to the port, or that our MINIs were dropped off? The time stamp is for yesterday (?).

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-photo327.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:50 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
What does this mean?

That the ship was admitted to the port, or that our MINIs were dropped off? The time stamp is for yesterday (?).
Just checked that a few minutes ago. Mine shows same time/date scan. Not unloaded yet because "quantity" shows zero. Watched it dock at 7:08 on MarineTracking. Needs to show "delivered" now at NYC port.

Just want it home safe and sound before Jose decides to create chaos and havoc next week!

Last edited by Islandbluemini; 09-15-2017 at 04:52 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 09-15-2017, 04:55 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand your worry. My MINI sat at the port in Zeebrugge for nearly 2 weeks before it set sail. Just bad timing with production and ship schedule I suppose.

Does the OL or ASKMINI show your status as "In Transit"? If so, it may be loaded onto the K-Line ship that left on Monday, although arriving to the dock and being loaded on the same day seems unlikely.

One thing to note about the WW tracking by VIN: There wont be any information on record until it is actually loaded on the ship. Once that happens, you'll see the entire history of it being scan in at the port X days previously.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:42 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Finally! I checked this morning and my JCW is scheduled to ship on the Morning Courier on the 17th. Looking up the booking number (DEBRB1581165) I see there are 149 other vehicles being loaded too. September 28th arrival in Baltimore

It's interesting. My JCW has been at the port since Monday 9/11, but up until now there has been no record of it on the WW site. Now that it has been booked, it shows up with status "Received at terminal" and the history shows it as received and booked on 9/11. So it appears WW had "logged" the car in so why the delay on listing it? I guess we'll never know.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Finally! I checked this morning and my JCW is scheduled to ship on the Morning Courier on the 17th. Looking up the booking number (DEBRB1581165) I see there are 149 other vehicles being loaded too. September 28th arrival in Baltimore

It's interesting. My JCW has been at the port since Monday 9/11, but up until now there has been no record of it on the WW site. Now that it has been booked, it shows up with status "Received at terminal" and the history shows it as received and booked on 9/11. So it appears WW had "logged" the car in so why the delay on listing it? I guess we'll never know.
Hooray!!! LOL! Our update shows custom and liner release 9/14 in NY/NJ.....but they were still in Halifax at the time/date stamp

I don't care as long as we get our CM's home safe and sound with no more hurricanes looming in the Atlantic! Safe voyage kwolfman

Old 09-15-2017, 06:52 AM
darex
5th Gear

Congrats Kwolfman!!

Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Hooray!!! LOL! Our update shows custom and liner release 9/14 in NY/NJ.....but they were still in Halifax at the time/date stamp

I don't care as long as we get our CM's home safe and sound with no more hurricanes looming in the Atlantic! Safe voyage kwolfman
Soooo close your wait is almost over Almost time to start paying for it

Old 09-15-2017, 09:54 AM
darex
5th Gear
Soooo close your wait is almost over Almost time to start paying for it
On that note, what are you guys planning to say/do when they attempt to guilt us into extras (special tire warranty, wheel warranty, extended coverages, etc.)? You know, the stuff they make us endure before they let us leave with the car.

I'm planning to decline all, especially now that I have non-runflat all-season tires.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:05 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
On that note, what are you guys planning to say/do when they attempt to guilt us into extras (special tire warranty, wheel warranty, extended coverages, etc.)?

I'm planning to decline all, especially now that I have non-runflat all-season tires.
I plan to skip ALL extra coverages. It really depends on how much you will be driving. In my case, I drive under 6K miles/yr. That means I only do 1 maintenance appointment per year. That usually includes just an oil change and a lookover. This is all free for the first 3 years. After that, $100/yr max?

Extended warranty? No. The std warranty is 4 years. I figure if the car is a lemon it will show up during those 4 years. If it is one, then time to dump it. If not, the money I saved by not buying the extended warranty can go into a pool of money to handle future issues, which may never occur. Why pay up front for something that may never occur?

So just title, tax and tags are the only things I'll be adding to the car. By the way, how were you able to order non-run flats? I tried to do that but the dealer said they couldn't. I hate run-flats.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:54 AM
darex
5th Gear
It was an ordering option. If you nix the picnic bench, you can have all-seasons plus a spare, as a no-cost option, and I opted for it. Run-flats are completely illogical/pointless. Maybe it's not an ordering option for JCWs, like yours?