2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Soooo close your wait is almost over Almost time to start paying for it
Finally on USA soil All were discharged at the same time Now I hope it's a short wait until it makes it way to the dealer. Going to be a long weekend....

Yup....it's going to be a big 'flush'...not financing. Not buying into any maintenance programs either. Probably put only under 5K in mi/yr. Just hope this SE turns out to be as reliable and fun as my Cooper S/R53!

Can't wait to see photos of your JCW! Keep us posted

Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
It was an ordering option. If you nix the picnic bench, you can have all-seasons plus a spare, as a no-cost option, and I opted for it. Run-flats are completely illogical/pointless. Maybe it's not an ordering option for JCWs, like yours?
Not an option with the SE either. All Seasons are run-flats as well. I was surprised they were a nice ride with the demo though. As soon as they are spent, I won't replace with run-flats. Of course, no room for a spare in the boot either. Slime kit and portable pump may just fit in that small space and that's if I take the picnic bench out

Old 09-15-2017, 12:59 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Finally on USA soil All were discharged at the same time Now I hope it's a short wait until it makes it way to the dealer. Going to be a long weekend....

Yup....it's going to be a big 'flush'...not financing. Not buying into any maintenance programs either. Probably put only under 5K in mi/yr. Just hope this SE turns out to be as reliable and fun as my Cooper S/R53!

Can't wait to see photos of your JCW! Keep us posted
My F56 has been EXTREMELY reliable. I have no worries there.

Yes. "DELIVERED."

Mine only has to go to Mt. Laurel, NJ (MINI of Mount Laurel). Hope to be driving it by Wednesday. 😁

Old 09-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
My F56 has been EXTREMELY reliable. I have no worries there.

Yes. "DELIVERED."

Mine only has to go to Mt. Laurel, NJ (MINI of Mount Laurel). Hope to be driving it by Wednesday. 😁
On the boarder of NY too and I'm hoping to have it by Wednesday too! Excited and a bit exhausted from the wait time, which really wasn't that long, but it sure did seem like forever!

Keep us posted

Old 09-15-2017, 02:11 PM
darex
5th Gear
On the boarder of NY too and I'm hoping to have it by Wednesday too! Excited and a bit exhausted from the wait time, which really wasn't that long, but it sure did seem like forever!

Keep us posted
Longest 2 months!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 02:31 PM
ddoggerel
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was an ordering option. If you nix the picnic bench, you can have all-seasons plus a spare, as a no-cost option, and I opted for it. Run-flats are completely illogical/pointless. Maybe it's not an ordering option for JCWs, like yours?
As a nod to not hijacking the thread: I've been lurking here while my Cooper S All4 is being built. Just got a VIN hit today at W&W, and the car is scheduled to be loaded on to the Tirranna tomorrow. :-)

Regarding tires: my understanding when I placed the order was that I could not get non-runflats. I did get the space saver spare, and will be dropping off a set of non-runflats to the dealership for them to install (I'm buying Nokian zLine A/S tires separately, and will sell the unused runflats).

Do you have firm information that the All-Seasons are indeed non-runflats? Could you please confirm when you pick up your car? It could save me having to get, and then return, the Nokians.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Longest 2 months!!!
For sure, but it's almost over now

Old 09-15-2017, 07:27 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait to see pictures!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Not an option with the SE either. All Seasons are run-flats as well. I was surprised they were a nice ride with the demo though. As soon as they are spent, I won't replace with run-flats. Of course, no room for a spare in the boot either. Slime kit and portable pump may just fit in that small space and that's if I take the picnic bench out
I recently replaced the run-flats on my MINI Clubman, after 23K miles. I have the upgraded sport suspension and those run-flats gave a jarring ride. Put new non-run-flats on and it made a huge difference in ride quality. I'll never go back. The ride with the CM may be better because of the more compliant suspension. When I test drove a JCW, the tires felt pretty good.

My run-flats probably had another 5K miles on them but the right rear tire developed a bubble in the outer side wall. That tire was toast. The left rear had a nail in it. Apparently run-flats can not be fixed (some manufacturers will allow up to one fix) The proper way to fix the tire involves un-mounting the tire, patch it from the inside then remounting/balancing the tire. Those acts can damage the dopey run-flat side walls and there is no way to tell until the tire fails. So 20K miles and begone from my JCW!

By the way, don't ever use the "slime kit". That can damage your wheel. Just a pump, reasonably accurate tire pressure gauge and a tire repair kit usually works for me. I find that 99.9% of my tire issues are due to nails/screws stuck in the tire, producing a slow leak. For a while you could get away with just pumping up the tire as needed. I usually remove the nail, use a tire plug to repair it (I know that's sometimes frowned upon, but it works) then pump it back up.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Soon it will be time to camp out in front of your dealership and wait for the car carrier to show up. When I got my Clubman, I happened to be on the phone with my MA when the car carrier showed up. I was down at the dealership before they had a chance to "prep" it.

Sweet dreams with your final few days of waiting!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:14 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Longest 2 months!!!
It will be almost exactly 3 months by the time I can pick up my car.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minidreamz
I can't wait to see pictures!
And we can't wait to take them.

Here's to a quick build and fast shipment for you!

Old 09-16-2017, 02:45 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I recently replaced the run-flats on my MINI Clubman, after 23K miles. I have the upgraded sport suspension and those run-flats gave a jarring ride. Put new non-run-flats on and it made a huge difference in ride quality. I'll never go back. The ride with the CM may be better because of the more compliant suspension. When I test drove a JCW, the tires felt pretty good.

My run-flats probably had another 5K miles on them but the right rear tire developed a bubble in the outer side wall. That tire was toast. The left rear had a nail in it. Apparently run-flats can not be fixed (some manufacturers will allow up to one fix) The proper way to fix the tire involves un-mounting the tire, patch it from the inside then remounting/balancing the tire. Those acts can damage the dopey run-flat side walls and there is no way to tell until the tire fails. So 20K miles and begone from my JCW!

By the way, don't ever use the "slime kit". That can damage your wheel. Just a pump, reasonably accurate tire pressure gauge and a tire repair kit usually works for me. I find that 99.9% of my tire issues are due to nails/screws stuck in the tire, producing a slow leak. For a while you could get away with just pumping up the tire as needed. I usually remove the nail, use a tire plug to repair it (I know that's sometimes frowned upon, but it works) then pump it back up.
Hated the run-flats on my CS R53. Got a bubble on the outer side wall also and replaced all with non-run-flats all season. Night and Day! Always carried a pump and slime kit with non-run-flats and had been very fortunate not to get a flat for many years. Will see how these new All Season RF's wear on the new SE, but I won't replace when the time comes.

The demo had Pirelli All Season when I test drove. Interested to see if Pirelli's are on the new SE.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:49 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Soon it will be time to camp out in front of your dealership and wait for the car carrier to show up. When I got my Clubman, I happened to be on the phone with my MA when the car carrier showed up. I was down at the dealership before they had a chance to "prep" it.

Sweet dreams with your final few days of waiting!
Think camping out Saturday night is too soon???

You'll be loading and setting sail soon Smooth and speedy journey! Cannot wait to see photos!!!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:01 AM
darex
5th Gear
MINIUSA today:

"Your MINI is at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel.

As if!

What a useless service!!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
MINIUSA today:

As if!

What a useless service!!
They'll be home with 1K mi by the time it's updated

I noticed that the Tortugas moved to a NJ port after leaving the NY port last night. Wonder if they actually unload the Mini's for NJ dealerships and the NY port-side for NY, CT, MA? Could also have been other cargo as well. Just thought that was interesting.

Counting down the days......

Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
MINIUSA today:

As if!

What a useless service!!
My Clubman which I purchased in 2012 still registers at "En Route". Duh!

Old 09-16-2017, 10:42 AM
darex
5th Gear
My Clubman which I purchased in 2012 still registers at "En Route". Duh!
LOL!!!!

The Tortugas is already out to sea (passing Delaware) and headed for Georgia, plus the WWL website showed it discharged via my exact Vin numbered vehicle in New York/New Jersey. I think they call it New York, although it's technically in New Jersey.

No matter, the Tortugas phase over for me. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Old 09-16-2017, 12:34 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
No matter, the Tortugas phase over for me.
That's great! I hope you gave that big sea turtle a pat on the back, a big piece of lettuce and a fond farewell.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:19 PM
darex
5th Gear
that's great! I hope you gave that big sea turtle a pat on the back, a big piece of lettuce and a fond farewell.
lol!

Old 09-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
lol!
She was mighty sea worthy mate

Old 09-17-2017, 08:08 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Polaris Highway is scheduled to arrive in the Jacksonville port tomorrow (fully operational again since Irma) before arriving at my destination port on Friday. However following along on MarineTraffic shows that it is "Out of Range" with its location last updated 5 days ago

Hopefully it will update soon and show it on this side of Hurricane Jose and there will be no delays. *Fingers crossed*

PS - Fun note: The last location was in the middle of the Atlantic. When I zoomed in on the map I noticed a small chain of islands, I have now learned to be the Azores. Seems to be a hidden little treasure vacation spot, I mean...just look at this place:

The following users liked this post:
minidreamz (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by (SM)
The Polaris Highway is scheduled to arrive in the Jacksonville port tomorrow (fully operational again since Irma) before arriving at my destination port on Friday. However following along on MarineTraffic shows that it is "Out of Range" with its location last updated 5 days ago

Hopefully it will update soon and show it on this side of Hurricane Jose and there will be no delays. *Fingers crossed*

PS - Fun note: The last location was in the middle of the Atlantic. When I zoomed in on the map I noticed a small chain of islands, I have now learned to be the Azores. Seems to be a hidden little treasure vacation spot, I mean...just look at this place:

Hope no more delays for you!

Azores are beautiful but with all these hurricanes, I'm liking "high and dry" more.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 AM
darex
5th Gear
Today, suddenly, OL says it's at the Distribution Center. That's actually more or less accurate. Go figure.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Today, suddenly, OL says it's at the Distribution Center. That's actually more or less accurate. Go figure.
Not me! According to them, it's still "En Route"