2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 Bimmer Coding the F60

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 04:55 PM
slimjimtell
5th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MasAyinde
Really? Can you take a picture? I have it turned on in my coding but I've never seen them displayed.

The following users liked this post:
Jean-Marc GARDISSAT (06-29-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 12:48 AM
vmatyko
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, I have a new 2020 Countryman Coopers S Manual

The most important before any coding:

- Does Bimmercoding void the warranty?
- Does changing the startup to Sport mode affects the car's future reliability?

Old 06-10-2020, 07:36 AM
MasAyinde
1st Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by slimjimtell
Interesting. This isn't the tire pressure display that I have. I wonder if my display with the larger VB just doesn't have the ability to show tire temps even thought the ECU is recording them.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:27 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I call this project>Open the Wings!.

I was able to swap my wing mirrors to Power Fold feature on my F60 Right Hand Drive.

I did not have to do any coding.
The parts that i installed had the power fold feature and were an exact match in RHD & Connector Pin/Color/Configuration.

Once your MINI F60 has the Memory Seats or MINI Excitement Package you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.

This project involved a lot of research & a touch of God.

eiger003 (10-19-2021)
Old 06-25-2020, 02:01 PM
FlyingDrumstick
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I have both BimmerCode and their full app, BimmerLink. Already done some personalization, and looking forward to trying to activate the JCW HUD tach.

Does anyone know if you can change the heat range on the seat heaters? Their hottest setting is not warm enough for my wife and I.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:22 AM
Vladimir Slavik
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
List of bimmer codes for Countryman

Hello, does anybody have list of all bimmercodes for Countryman?

1RavingLunatic (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 04:56 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
There is no limit to what can be done with the BimmerCode App for the MINI or BMW & also impossible to list out all the stuff.
I did these stuff with the app:
#1-Was able to upgrade from 6.5"-->8.8" display screen.
#2-Was able to add Bower Wilkins option to Audio settings & HK Stereo sound.
#3-Was able to get mirrors auto fold & auto open option.
#4-Was able to make the make machine remember the mode of drive last used.
and other small stuff.You have to research & explore.

1RavingLunatic (07-29-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 12:40 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by varma1986
There is no limit to what can be done with the BimmerCode App for the MINI or BMW & also impossible to list out all the stuff.
I did these stuff with the app:
#1-Was able to upgrade from 6.5"-->8.8" display screen.
#2-Was able to add Bower Wilkins option to Audio settings & HK Stereo sound.
#3-Was able to get mirrors auto fold & auto open option.
#4-Was able to make the make machine remember the mode of drive last used.
and other small stuff.You have to research & explore.

Can you show how the Bowers wilkins options look like? I tried this 2 years ago but didn't get working option as far as i can remember. Which codes did you change?

Old 08-10-2020, 12:43 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Old 08-10-2020, 12:45 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
I just have the display of Bower & Wilkins Logo when i press the volume buttons and its many sound profile options.These do not work, since they actually need the B&Wo built in Amplifier.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
ok thanx. Than it's it is still the same.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:51 PM
KindaCoolDad
2nd Gear
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts
I just learned you can't code anything in the Headunit if you've upgraded to CarPlay. I tried, and I can't access the Headunit coding. Everything else works for coding. Dang. (This is using the BimmerCode app).

I can still code Headunit using E-SYS.

Last edited by KindaCoolDad; 08-13-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:36 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Talking agreed!! love the unfolding and folding of mirrors via comfort access :)

I call this project>Open the Wings!.

I was able to swap my wing mirrors to Power Fold feature on my F60 Right Hand Drive.

I did not have to do any coding.
The parts that i installed had the power fold feature and were an exact match in RHD & Connector Pin/Color/Configuration.

Once your MINI F60 has the Memory Seats or MINI Excitement Package you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.
nicely done!! was trying to get that working on my R58 but the motors in the mirrors were not connected to ECU in the R58 days

i got mine w/them out of factory w/my clyde (2020 F60 JCW) but coded to work w/fob now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGO...ature=youtu.be
loving bimmercode app, bummed that our headunits in the 2020s don't do any video at all. but i'll take Flac from usb as a consolation prize.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:38 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyingDrumstick
So I have both BimmerCode and their full app, BimmerLink. Already done some personalization, and looking forward to trying to activate the JCW HUD tach.

Does anyone know if you can change the heat range on the seat heaters? Their hottest setting is not warm enough for my wife and I.
yes. yes you can. for me they were way too hot on my 2020 F60 JCW. bimmer code lets you change all three settings. i dropped mine down two settings.. just right!

Old 08-23-2020, 12:06 PM
creep
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Does anybody know if there's a setting in bimmercode to reset the moonroof? My 2019 moonroof is stuck and the normal initialization process does not work (holding switch to first setting for 30-80 seconds). This is the second time this has occurred. The first time I had to bring it in to have the dealer reset it with software. I need to do this again.

If bimmercode can perform this reset, I can avoid going to the dealer in the future.

Thanks.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
SpeedRacer0212
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingDrumstick

I want to know about this too. My 09 S would roast my bum, but my 18 F60 JCW is hardly noticeable.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:33 PM
SpeedRacer0212
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer0212
I want to know about this too. My 09 S would roast my bum, but my 18 F60 JCW is hardly noticeable.
Found out there is the option in "Body Domain Controller" to increase the temperature of both the front seats and their backrest. You have the option to drill down into each Level: 1, 2 and 3. I set it for one degree less than the highest and after coding, I was back to hot seats like it was in my 09 R56.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:31 PM
SpeedRacer0212
4th Gear
Bimmercode solid for newer gens, but not for older gens

To determine if one or another adapter is better than the next, I decided to buy two adapters: OBDLink MX+ (which is $99.95) and Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ (which is $39.99). What I noticed is that Veepeak is extremely slow in connecting to Bimmercode, starting the first stage of reading the control units and identifying the VIN, etc., processing each individual code section that comes up, coding and it drains the battery of your car (if you have an older car and/or battery, it be best to have a maintainer charge your battery before coding anything. The MX+ is night and day difference and is fast all around including the fact that it does not drain the battery (software that prevents it from doing so).

I coded these below on my 18 F60 JCW using the MX+ and did so w/o issue:
1) Unlock the doors when ignition is turned off
2) Default Driving mode at start-up: Sport
3) Rain sensor: insensitive
4) Automatic activation of lights in the door handles when the reverse gear is engaged
5) Mirrors folded when car is locked
6) Deactivate acoustic and visual seat belt reminder for driver seat
7) Deactivate initial acoustic seat belt reminder after car is started
8) Air condition setting memory
9) Maximum volume that is saved in iDrive system
10) Color of sport displays in iDrive system
11) Volume of the confirmation sound that is played when locking/unlocking the car
12) Enable the closing of the tailgate with the button in the storage compartment in the driver door without a long press
13) Open and close the tailgate function that is triggered when the button on the remote is pressed
14) Open and close the front and back windows, including moon roof when the button on the remote is pressed
15) Temperature of front backrest for Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
16) Temperature of front seats for Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3

I then tested or attempted to code (I really don't like the word choice of code, what we are doing is actually reprogramming, flashing if you will our ECU, ECM or DME (whatever you want to call it) with 0's and 1's or flags enabled or disabled as another member stated) my 09 R56 S using the Veepeak and only tried to remove the reminder for the seat belt for the driver side and all seem well up until and through the coding process. The dash lights that pertained to the seat belt reminder on both the tach and speedo were flickering. The phone said successful code, but I was unable to start the car. I then tried to restore the original code or ecu and once again the app said successful code, but I was unable to start the car. However, just before coding when I push the fob into the dash per "accessory mode" before turning on the car I received a Red 'Service' alert followed by an Orange 'Exclamation Point'. I should have tried to start the car then to see if I even had a baseline, but I didn't. I later tested to see if the battery was dead based on the Veepeak draining it and after hooking up a battery maintainer I noticed that I still had a good charge at 70%. When I depress the clutch and attempted to start the engine all I receive in feedback is a clicking noise and no dash lights, except my dome interior lights were on. That clicking noise is the solenoid for the starter attempting to open and close but no engine start.

I do not know if there was a problem before coding or if using the Veepeak and coding is the problem. Why didn't I use the Veepeak on the F60, well... Because it is a lot slower. Why did I use the Veepeak on the R56, because I wanted to fully test its coding capability vs the MX+ since I had already had success with it.

To recap:
- could be an issue with the car per the Service and Exclamation warning lights
- could be an issue with the coding gone wrong using Veepeak and an older MINI Cooper (in this case 09 R56 S)
- could be an issue with the coding gone wrong using Veepeak alone
- could be an issue with a blown fuse (I checked under the hood, but have not checked on the right passenger side (doing that tomorrow and an update then)

Either way, I will be having it dropped off at the dealer to get looked because there's a slew of other problems this R56 has that needs repaired and replacements performed (and why not add one more problem to it (the electrical) I mean it is only money right). I also haven't tried to jump the car, but I am not even getting past the starter, so I don't think that is worth the time since the battery is charged. At this point, it's definitely electrical whether that is before or after coding who really knows. Fingers crossed I didn't fry the ECU, but again can't tell.

Old 12-19-2020, 07:25 PM
ChrisALL4
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fred_B
I have a 2018 F60 Cooper S ALL4 and so far I've been able to code the following using VLINK and the Bimmercode App:

- JCW Sports mode in HUD (advanced mode)
- Folding mirrors with remote / comfort
- Fog lights no longer disabled when high beams
- GPS startup warning message disabled
- Video enabled during driving and advanced codecs
- Artificial engine sound disabled
- Tire temps

The JCW HUD display alone is well worth the 50$ or so (VLink and App)

Has anyone had any luck enabling the rear fog lights (in the bumper) as additional braking lights?
I tried the following but no dice:BDC_BODY
3065 LceLampMapping4, ED Funktionen
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUTset to nsl_l
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT set to nsl_r
hello - I was about to make the 3 HUD changes to Activ via Bimmercode. I do now get the option on the instrument panel, but I still do not get the REV display on the HUD.

what else do I need to change to make it work?

thanks.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:08 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ChrisALL4
hello - I was about to make the 3 HUD changes to Activ via Bimmercode. I do now get the option on the instrument panel, but I still do not get the REV display on the HUD.

what else do I need to change to make it work?

thanks.
it’s not 3 but 6 changes. 3 in instrument panel and 3 in headunit. Same lines. Then it works when you activate it in your menu through idrive.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:14 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
I want to change 3 codings but I can’t find them while i did these changes in my older SE.

can anybody help me out?
1: my mirrors fold when i hold the comfort button the door but after 2,5 seconds. I want this after 1 second but can’t find this option anymore.

2:I want the rolls royce sounds instead of mini. This one also I can’t find.

3: memory funtion where it remember for instance i activate my seat heating to 1 and i want the car to remember this next day.

thanx

Old 12-20-2020, 03:50 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
I have a 2018 Mini CountryMan F60 1.5Lt Turbo Base Model. I was able to code the Tire Temp using the full version of the BimmerCode & OBD adapter.
My car came with Tyre size 225 55 17 Bridgestone Runflat and after 30000kms, I recently upgraded to 225 60 17 Nexen regular tyres which allowed my car to raise its height by 0.8 inches and the official speedometer is 3-5kms more/less that the GPS/Waze speed at which my car is travelling.

The ride is good, not as firm as before and i also have no other issues otherwise with the change in the Tyre size.

For the tyres to display Temperature & Pressure our MINI needs to have special sensors/hardware installed "Inside the tyres" itself which my car does not have.
Though the feature is enabled by coding, i do not get to see the numbers of the tyre temperature & pressures.
Apparently these sensors in the tyres tend to fail quickly and hence many MINI in recent times have been shipped without this option.It also allows for the customer to save money during customisation of the vehicle.

However my MINI has sensors mounted "on the shocks" that actually let me know if i have a flat tyre. This feature is useful.
Hope the info helps.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:54 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Had 3 mini’s als a 4th with my wifes and also a couple bmw all with these sensors and none of them ever failed so i think it’s a fairy tail. One time these sensors saved me not to drive furter and pull up to nest gas station where my tire went flat within 2 minutes.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:00 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Nice, Do U know how these sensors derive power to function?.Do U know how to install & configure them?. Do they need any other hardware on the vehicle to receive the tyre signal for temp & pressure?.

My MINI F60 lets me know if one (or) all of my tyres are leaking air, its just that i do not know the values of pressure & temperature inside the tyres, since my car did not come with that feature. The sensors for monitoring the "drop in tyre pressure" in my car are mounted on the shocks and not inside the tyres.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:03 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Nice, Do U know how these sensors derive power to function?.Do U know how to install & configure them?. Do they need any other hardware on the vehicle to receive the tyre signal for temp & pressure?.

My MINI F60 lets me know if one (or) all of my tyres are leaking air, its just that i do not know the values of pressure & temperature inside the tyres, since my car did not come with that feature. The sensors for monitoring the "drop in tyre pressure" in my car are mounted on the shocks and not inside the tyres.
unfortunately I don’t know what else aside the sensors in the tires is needed. I had them always as standard on my cars. Still it’s good you know when there is a leak in your tires. A lot of cars don’t have both options. But i think in recent years it has become more common.

Quick Reply: F60 Bimmer Coding the F60