2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 Bimmer Coding the F60

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 04:05 AM
ChrisALL4
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Miniminic
it’s not 3 but 6 changes. 3 in instrument panel and 3 in headunit. Same lines. Then it works when you activate it in your menu through idrive.
thanks.... but when in Expert mode, I perform a search for HUD and only the 3 lines appear. I cannot seem to find the other 3.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:16 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisALL4
thanks.... but when in Expert mode, I perform a search for HUD and only the 3 lines appear. I cannot seem to find the other 3.
3 are in a different module. 3 in instrument cluster 3 in headunit.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:50 AM
ChrisALL4
1st Gear
3 are in a different module. 3 in instrument cluster 3 in headunit.
i understand that, but shouldn’t it not appear when i search HUD in expert mode?

Old 12-20-2020, 08:39 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ChrisALL4
i understand that, but shouldn’t it not appear when i search HUD in expert mode?
again, you have to switch from module. You cannot search and get all 6 in headunit. You have to go back exit after coding these 3 lines to modules and switch to instrument cluster and search there for the other 3 in expert mode.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:06 PM
ChrisALL4
1st Gear
again, you have to switch from module. You cannot search and get all 6 in headunit. You have to go back exit after coding these 3 lines to modules and switch to instrument cluster and search there for the other 3 in expert mode.
Got it! Thanks!
I thought the search was for all modules. All set!
thanks again.

Last edited by ChrisALL4; 12-20-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:09 AM
eric.stewart
3rd Gear

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by varma1986
I have a 2018 Mini CountryMan F60 1.5Lt Turbo Base Model. I was able to code the Tire Temp using the full version of the BimmerCode & OBD adapter.
My car came with Tyre size 225 55 17 Bridgestone Runflat and after 30000kms, I recently upgraded to 225 60 17 Nexen regular tyres which allowed my car to raise its height by 0.8 inches and the official speedometer is 3-5kms more/less that the GPS/Waze speed at which my car is travelling.

The ride is good, not as firm as before and i also have no other issues otherwise with the change in the Tyre size.

For the tyres to display Temperature & Pressure our MINI needs to have special sensors/hardware installed "Inside the tyres" itself which my car does not have.
Though the feature is enabled by coding, i do not get to see the numbers of the tyre temperature & pressures.
Apparently these sensors in the tyres tend to fail quickly and hence many MINI in recent times have been shipped without this option.It also allows for the customer to save money during customisation of the vehicle.

However my MINI has sensors mounted "on the shocks" that actually let me know if i have a flat tyre. This feature is useful.
Hope the info helps.
The device you are describing is the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensor. They are *not* standard in all markets. My Canadian market F60 doesn't have them, and instead uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to provide "Flat Tire monitoring" which simply means that if there's a big difference in rotational speed of any one of the tires then likely a tire is going flat. It will not tell you specifically which one is losing pressure. Interestingly, the US market F60 *does* have TPMS. The TPMS sensors are battery powered and they communicate with the car's computer using LE (low energy) Bluetooth. The non-replaceable batteries last a very long time. I have a 2008 Audi TT which is still using the original TPMS and you're right, having TPMS means that you have to have sensors in all your wheels and you also have to reprogram the TPMS when you are doing wheel changes.

Old 01-15-2021, 05:02 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
I want to code memory function so my setting for my seat heating is remembered. I had this on my countryman se done but can’t remember the setting. Does anybody know what i have to code for this?

Old 02-18-2021, 03:45 PM
PhilGood
Neutral
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Code the following changes using ODBLink CX on my 2019 F60:
1. Turn off "Active Sound Design"
2. Fold and unfold door mirror on lock and unlock
3. Disable window lifter interruption when opening door
4. Remember last driving mode
5. One touch tail gate closing from the door button
6. Remember seat heating setting for 24 hours

I want to code memory function so my setting for my seat heating is remembered. I had this on my countryman se done but can’t remember the setting. Does anybody know what i have to code for this?
It's under "Seat Module Driver"

Old 07-11-2021, 11:59 AM
ApexF60SE
2nd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
It was asked earlier, but I didn't find a reply...

Is there a location/file that describes all of the coding options for F60's? I'd like to code in the JCW HUD option.

Note I have the paid Bimmercode app, tried to look into the Head Unit ECU, but received the message that it has been changed, unable to code.

TIA.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:33 PM
Mand0o
1st Gear
I'm trying to get the JCW HUD to display on my CM.

I followed these steps in Bimmercode:

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code. then:
3003 FXG_AUSSTATUNG, then HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_ENABLE.
Code.

When I go into the infotainment settings for HUD I don't see any additional options. In sports mode, all I see is the my current speed. I go into Bimmercode and I've confirmed that all of the settings above are set to AKTIV.

Did I miss something?

Never mind, everything is working!

Last edited by Mand0o; 08-05-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:29 PM
JayWalker
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade 6.5 to 8.8 Display

Hello, I was curious how you were able to upgrade your 6.5 to a 8.8 display screen. I have a 2020 mini countryman that I'd love to upgrade the screen for.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2021, 06:56 PM
eiger003
Neutral
Do you have details on the parts and settings you used?

I have a 2018 Countryman S All4 with power seats and many other higher end features.
I'd really like to have folding mirrors and signals in the mirrors.

Thanks

Last edited by eiger003; 10-19-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:00 PM
eiger003
Neutral
Originally Posted by varma1986
I call this project>Open the Wings!.

I was able to swap my wing mirrors to Power Fold feature on my F60 Right Hand Drive.

I did not have to do any coding.
The parts that i installed had the power fold feature and were an exact match in RHD & Connector Pin/Color/Configuration.

Once your MINI F60 has the Memory Seats or MINI Excitement Package you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.

This project involved a lot of research & a touch of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdF6Ro4I70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7mLR806Nd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BqP5m53XoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTMPFXYC98
Do you have details on the parts and settings you used?

I have a 2018 Countryman S All4 with power seats and many other higher end features.
I'd really like to have folding mirrors and signals in the mirrors.

Thanks

Old 12-25-2021, 10:33 AM
Lazboytt
Neutral
Does anyone know how to stop the car from going to sleep when using the computer? Even if I just use the inap to read everything it takes time then the radio turns off which I’m guessing is sleep mode and the computer would stop trying to read the car. I didn’t try to keep it running to see if it still worked. I just touched the controls in the car so it wouldn’t sleep.

any info is appreciated

Old 01-21-2022, 01:09 PM
Hudsonguy
Neutral
iDrive Update

I recently installed a new digital dash (OEM) in my 2018 Countryman All4, and it coded. Everything is working well except the "turn by turn" still appear on my "heads up display" not the new dash as they are supposed to do. I was told to go to the BMW website and update my iDrive software to a thumb drive and instal in the car. aI followed the instructions and my iDrive tells me that my current software is up to date and won't instal. Any help would be greatly appreciated to resolve this situation

Old 06-24-2022, 05:43 PM
grc0456
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just purchased 2023 F60S ALL4

Hello,

Newbie here. We just purchased a brand new 2023 Countryman S ALL4 for my wife. It’s a beauty with in Sage Green Metallic, Chesterfield Malt leather, white roof/mirrors, 19” Turnstile wheels and Iconic trim. Although I am currently an owner of a 2013 R56S 6M in Ice Blue, I have never explored the world of coding to access any hidden features. Is there a stick or primer on steps for a non-technical person to get started? I do have a Blue Driver OBDII reader.

The following users liked this post:
NBCGLX (06-25-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 03:25 AM
Angry Yoda
Neutral
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by grc0456
Hello,

Newbie here. We just purchased a brand new 2023 Countryman S ALL4 for my wife. It’s a beauty with in Sage Green Metallic, Chesterfield Malt leather, white roof/mirrors, 19” Turnstile wheels and Iconic trim. Although I am currently an owner of a 2013 R56S 6M in Ice Blue, I have never explored the world of coding to access any hidden features. Is there a stick or primer on steps for a non-technical person to get started? I do have a Blue Driver OBDII reader.
welcome! If you search YouTube there are a couple videos that give you a sense for what to expect and how it works.

personally I stick to the basic functions and never venture into advanced settings (With my luck I will cause an expensive problem given the chance).

I did run into errors but was able to restore my previous settings. A couple times the restore failed which caused a mild heart attack. But restarting my phone and doing the things BimmerCode recommends helped.

i also keep a journal of changes made, organized by coding “categories”, so I can remember what I did in case I have to restore from a backup.

I’ve downloaded my backup files too just in case something happens to my phone.

The following 3 users liked this post by Angry Yoda:
dwilsonfl (01-18-2023), grc0456 (06-25-2022), NBCGLX (06-25-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 04:40 AM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Yoda
welcome! If you search YouTube there are a couple videos that give you a sense for what to expect and how it works.

personally I stick to the basic functions and never venture into advanced settings (With my luck I will cause an expensive problem given the chance).

I did run into errors but was able to restore my previous settings. A couple times the restore failed which caused a mild heart attack. But restarting my phone and doing the things BimmerCode recommends helped.

i also keep a journal of changes made, organized by coding “categories”, so I can remember what I did in case I have to restore from a backup.

I’ve downloaded my backup files too just in case something happens to my phone.
I’ve been “coding” cars since the early 2000s and one of the smartest things I’ve done in those 20 years is keep a manual log of the changes I’ve made (both original settings and the changes I’ve made). It’s tedious, sure, but well worth it, made easier now by being able to screenshot your phone and such.

dwilsonfl (01-18-2023)
Old 06-25-2022, 04:41 AM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Hudsonguy
I recently installed a new digital dash (OEM) in my 2018 Countryman All4, and it coded. Everything is working well except the "turn by turn" still appear on my "heads up display" not the new dash as they are supposed to do. I was told to go to the BMW website and update my iDrive software to a thumb drive and instal in the car. aI followed the instructions and my iDrive tells me that my current software is up to date and won't instal. Any help would be greatly appreciated to resolve this situation
I thought that cars with the HUD display the nav info in the HUD unless the HUD is closed??

The following 2 users liked this post by NBCGLX:
eric.stewart (06-28-2022), miniRogue1 (12-02-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 08:51 AM
Sailorlite
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
grc0456 - I have a 2023 Iconic on order and have been told I won't be getting the "Power Tailgate" option. Sorry for the interruption, but does your '23 have the power tailgate? Thanks.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:15 AM
grc0456
Neutral
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
grc0456 - I have a 2023 Iconic on order and have been told I won't be getting the "Power Tailgate" option. Sorry for the interruption, but does your '23 have the power tailgate? Thanks.
No power/kick to open tail gate was available (and no push button to close) at the time we ordered due to chip supply issues. Same with heated steering wheel and alarm system. They did credit us, but still bummed not to get full features. First world problems, as they say….lol. Frankly, I don’t really care about kick to open. We had that on her prior car (CRV) and never used it. Heated wheel in NE sure would have been nice in winter, though.

Sailorlite (06-25-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 11:16 AM
grc0456
Neutral
Thanks!

Old 06-25-2022, 11:17 AM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
Just took delivery of our ‘23 Untamed Countryman today and it does have the power tailgate. Another Untamed Countryman delivered on the same truck did not. It’s so hit or miss right now with certain options.

Sailorlite (06-25-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 12:27 PM
miniRogue1
4th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
Just took delivery of our ‘23 Untamed Countryman today and it does have the power tailgate. Another Untamed Countryman delivered on the same truck did not. It’s so hit or miss right now with certain options.
why hit or miss?

And with regard to bimmer coding...are there any common issues or problems that people run into using Bimmercode. I basically bought it just for the fullscreen carplay, but am hesitant to try it at all due to possible issues and then maybe warranty concerns.

Thank you in advance.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:25 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniRogue1
why hit or miss?

And with regard to bimmer coding...are there any common issues or problems that people run into using Bimmercode. I basically bought it just for the fullscreen carplay, but am hesitant to try it at all due to possible issues and then maybe warranty concerns.

Thank you in advance.
Hit or miss because, as in the example I gave, two identical cars produced at basically the same time as each other ended up with different equipment (despite being spec’d exactly the same).

BimmerCode can be relatively innocuous, but it can also screw your car up if you don’t know what you’re doing. I suggest reading the user documentation on their site, and going slow with coding changes until you really get a feel for what you’re doing. Also, I highly recommend making backups before you make changes.

Quick Reply: F60 Bimmer Coding the F60