2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 JCW wing retrofit to S

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 07:51 AM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JCW wing retrofit to S

Does anything have leads on wings for a standard S?
Or has anyone done a JCW wing retrofit?

As I am looking at some adding a wing / spoiler to my car, I am finding basically nothing for the S.... everything is for a JCW. So, looking into the JCW parts, it appears that only the upper & lower pieces are needed (items 1 & 2 in this diagram), correct?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_2727

Old 08-26-2024, 10:06 AM
Saabbug
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256805...apt=4itemAdapt. This is the wing I ordered and installed on my 2018. Make sure you select S and not JCW. It is knock off of the AG Duell. Finish isn't great but you can't really tell.

Old 08-26-2024, 10:23 AM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
@Saabbug that is basically exactly what I was looking to do... I did not realize they had a non-JCW version, hence looking for a JCW retrofit. lol
I have a couple quick questions now:

- Having never ordered from AliExpress, and frankly being highly skeptical of that site in general, how is it dealing with them?

- Did you get the carbon or FRP version? Hard to tell in the pic... looks like just a gloss black, which is perfect for me too.

- And what about the finish isn't great? Something that needs reworked, or just kinda looks like something worn?
I bought my car used & it isn't pristine, so not looking 100% showroom isn't the end of the world.

Old 08-26-2024, 10:34 AM
Saabbug
1st Gear
I got the FRP in gloss black. Ordering wasn't difficult at all but I did use a regular visa card not a bank card just incase there was an issue. Took about 2 months to arrive and fit pretty well. They will send double sided tape but it's junk. Get some good 3m vhb. The quality isn't bad. I have heard the carbon fiber quality isn't that good.

Old 08-26-2024, 10:54 AM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
Ah, I see what you mean now... just not really super smooth & kinda like a slight orange-peel paint job. That doesn't look terrible & will work fine for now, considering the price of a full AGD wing.

I definitely would use a credit card for sure, shame it's such a long wait, though. lol

Thanks for the extra info & pics, I wasn't finding much at all about standard S stuff otherwise.

Old 08-26-2024, 10:56 AM
Saabbug
1st Gear
For the price it's not a bad item. Worse case is repaint at some point if it gets bad or wrap. Good luck. Not much for our f60s in way of body kits.

Old 08-26-2024, 11:11 AM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Saabbug
For the price it's not a bad item. Worse case is repaint at some point if it gets bad or wrap. Good luck. Not much for our f60s in way of body kits.
Yea, coming from my R53, the lack of "stuff" for the F60 was a bit of a surprise when I started diving in. This car is intended to be more civil, though, so it isn't a massive issue for me.

The other thing I am running into, which is a bit more disappointing, is that my car was a very early build F60, so I apparently cannot use the Mini app or get a couple goodies that require being after March '18 or whatever. Again, not the end of the world, though. Just a small letdown.

Old 08-26-2024, 11:36 AM
Saabbug
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Matt Clark
Yea, coming from my R53, the lack of "stuff" for the F60 was a bit of a surprise when I started diving in. This car is intended to be more civil, though, so it isn't a massive issue for me.

The other thing I am running into, which is a bit more disappointing, is that my car was a very early build F60, so I apparently cannot use the Mini app or get a couple goodies that require being after March '18 or whatever. Again, not the end of the world, though. Just a small letdown.
As far as I know the app is no longer supported it doesn't work on my f60 or my wife's f57 which is a 2019. I will say if your looking for some go fast stuff. Deff look into getting the dme tuned by Dinan and add the pedal boost. Huge improvement. The throttle lag is horrible in the countryman and I don't want to drive around in sport mode all the time. So adding the pedal boost took care of that. Deff more touchy depending on the setting.

Old 08-26-2024, 12:31 PM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Saabbug
As far as I know the app is no longer supported it doesn't work on my f60 or my wife's f57 which is a 2019. I will say if your looking for some go fast stuff. Deff look into getting the dme tuned by Dinan and add the pedal boost. Huge improvement. The throttle lag is horrible in the countryman and I don't want to drive around in sport mode all the time. So adding the pedal boost took care of that. Deff more touchy depending on the setting.
They quit support? Well that is even more disappointing.

Yea, I was looking at the tunes, and like that Dinan does a couple more integrations to make things better yet. Just have a hard time sending the ECU out for a week or so right now. I was hoping the tune sorted the pedal feel too. We'll see what I get into with that stuff.... got a few other priorities for spending on first. lol

The following users liked this post:
Saabbug (08-26-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 05:53 PM
Mr Meowgi
2nd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Clark
They quit support? Well that is even more disappointing.

Yea, I was looking at the tunes, and like that Dinan does a couple more integrations to make things better yet. Just have a hard time sending the ECU out for a week or so right now. I was hoping the tune sorted the pedal feel too. We'll see what I get into with that stuff.... got a few other priorities for spending on first. lol
just wanted to add that the pedal booster the other member mentioned instead of a pedal Commander or something of that nature you can go on Amazon look up a throttle response controller for your car and they can get them like 50 to 70 bucks versus the power my pedal Commander over the more expensive ones and it works just the same I have one on both my Mini's, a charger, and a challenger. Top notch. 9-drive is the most common name. It will definitely take all the lag out of your accelerator pedal

The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Meowgi:
Matt Clark (08-29-2024), Saabbug (08-29-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 06:20 PM
Matt Clark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Meowgi
just wanted to add that the pedal booster the other member mentioned instead of a pedal Commander or something of that nature you can go on Amazon look up a throttle response controller for your car and they can get them like 50 to 70 bucks versus the power my pedal Commander over the more expensive ones and it works just the same I have one on both my Mini's, a charger, and a challenger. Top notch. 9-drive is the most common name. It will definitely take all the lag out of your accelerator pedal
Awesome. Thank you for the heads up.... a quick search shows their 875 model for BMW & Mini. For all the more we need, that does sound like a much better option.

Amazon Amazon