1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group

Wondering if anyone else is waiting for their new baby. Mine is scheduled for production "by the end of the week", as I was told by a very nice MINI lady today at ASKMINI. I think I'll call back tomorrow and see if I can get a real date. I ordered 8/28 but I got lucky and my dealer had an open spot so they swapped me in so I have "Scheduled for Daily Pack Production" as my current status.

Anyone else waiting?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Count me in as in need of support, too. Just ordered today and don't have a production date yet. I'm sure I've been researching longer than I'll have to wait, though, so it should be downhill from here.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Give ASKMINI a call in the next couple of days, they'll be able to give you a date or week based on your production number. Hopefully you were able to snag an early production number from your dealer

Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 PM
CFRM
2nd Gear
Ordered mine third week of July. MA says it's already on the ship. Unfortunately where I live the MA is your only source of info for the whole process. Have yet to find out if MINI connected will be available or not. From what I've calculated it should arrive by the end of September. I'll keep you gys posted.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
MINI Connected isn't until later September builds or later I think. Lucky you though, get to play as soon as they're released!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
CFRM
2nd Gear
I'm hoping that, like in the UK for example, MINI Connected isn't delayed... I highly doubt it, but it would be nice Either way I can't wait anymore especially since I ordered Eclipse Grey while it had another color on the UK website. From what I've been searching it's the German website that has the "true" color now, We'll have to wait and see.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Well, if you guys need any info let me know. Mini Connected is Delayed. You can get it on your orders starting in October, but they aren't scheduled to start building US Spec with the Mini Connect until late November. Sorry to break anyone's heart. I personally don't care for it and wanted just the NAV in my JCW, but you can't even get that until they start building them with the MINI Connect :(.
My JCW's build date is Week 40.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
That sucks. Although, even though I found the MINI Connect to be cool, it could be highly distracting in the car. Unless I had a co-pilot, I doubt I would use it much. Traffic around here is, well, always traffic-y so that would be useless. I use my iPhone for maps/directions, or my GPS unit if I'm totally unfamiliar. Everything else is just a "cool feature". Would it have been nice to have? Sure. But I didn't want to have to wait till November or December either.
And hey at least you have a build date! They're still telling me nothing, even though it's scheduled for production...

Old 09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
I can't even order my Countryman yet. Hopeful to start officially waiting next month or early November when order guides and pricing are released.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Jodieanne
Neutral
I ordered my Clubman on Sept. 3, and was told it would arrive end of October or early November. Cost of cold weather package went up to $750 for the 2011. Other than that the Sirius radio may be standard .... Not sure. I am very excited for my hot chocolate mini, just in time for colder weather. All I can say is Woooo hooooo!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Sirius and HD radio are now standard options. One year sub for free. Your clubman will be built around the same time as my JCW hardtop. Just I'm lucky and only have to wait a week for delivery instead of a month Difference of a quick ferry then semi ride, compared to a large cargo ship going across the Atlantic.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Jodieanne
Neutral
Bloodycow - right you are. A cargo ship then a semi ride for mine. Lucky you.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
With any luck, after the credit check, mine will be ordered on 9/08, which is Wednesday, I believe. Mine will be a JCW hardtop, Midnight Black, Chili Red accents including the Roof and Mirrors, Cold Weather, H&K, and a few other options. I didn't go hog wild on options, just enough to make me smile. From what I have been told, a November 1st delivery in Schaumburg should be realistic. Mine's been ordered with a Private Suite, just like Dodgey's. I think that they might be room mates.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
From Des Moines huh? I grew up near Waterloo I miss Iowa and look forward to bringing my JCW back there after my tour over here in the Netherlands is done. I would have loved to get mine with the black with red, but i had to have my wife agree so we went White Silver with a black roof and mirrors. I think it will look sharp!
You will have to let me know how the mini does with Iowa winters though! I've only had trucks there ( miss my Tacoma) so going through 4 foot snow drifts wasn't a problem.
Hope your credit check goes through and everything works out for that November 1st delivery. My wife and I should have ours by the end of the second week of October. *Crosses Fingers*

Old 09-05-2010, 10:16 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Love the white silver. I've never really liked the PW (I know, everyone loves it, but I think it looks kinda dirty/faded..dunno), and thought the Pure Silver was too grey. The White Silver, however, looks like a sparkling, crisp, clean white with a hint of true silver. With a black roof, you're bound to have a beautiful color car. Try not to blend into the snow though

Did any get any interior upgrades? I was a bit cautious to spend $250 on a color line since PacBlue doesn't really match LsB, and the black-checkered base trim line sounds pretty nice. I think it'll match my black-checkered-cloth seats and tie in nicely with the all black interior. Course, I'm going from an all-grey interior, so I fear the heat, but I think it'll look classy, seems to follow the BMW interior-feel a bit more too. I did wrench a free checkered-mirror cap from my dealer though

Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Yeah, definitely not a fan of the PW color. Just looks like a color my grandmother would choose if that makes any sense I did get the Carbon Black color line. Kinda slid that 250$ price tag past my wife, along with the sports suspension that she didn't notice I put on the invoice! Would have loved to get the JCW suspension, but since I'm buying it over here in Germany they didn't have it as an option.
Can't wait to see pics of all these new JCW's. I'm glad I'm not the only one who passed on the MINI Connect and NAV since it got pushed back. Now I just have to buy another Garmin for the mini.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
You're right about the black, or dark seats, but what else does Mini offer, really? Look at me with a Black body and red roof? And, it does get hot in Iowa, look at this year. Many days in the 90's with humidity to match. Muggy hot weather makes the corn grow. Maybe I should put a white racing challenger stripe on it, that'd make it cooler.......not in my lifetime

Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Bloodycow, it's always good to have your wife agree, or you alter your thoughts to agree with her's. My Olga was the one that suggested Black with the Red roof and mirrors. I was all set to go BRG ll, and as a matter of fact, had an early order in for BRG ll, but that dealer cancelled my order to put in for a MCS for the dealership. That sucked but in the end, is better for me. Where near Waterloo did you live? I grew up in Waterloo.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:37 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
West Waterloo Class of 1964 here

Old 09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Ok, Class of 62 EAST HIGH. I was responsible for the Trojan Flag being run up the Wahawk Flag Pole in 62. Yup, that was me and my group.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:45 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Ah, the nostalgia

Old 09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Carbon Black colorline is standard in the US. and Pac blue colorline is not available anymore on 2011s.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Yeah the all black interior and black roof will maybe not be okay in VA summers, but I'm hoping it doesn't matter that much. Plenty of people around here drive black cars, sooo. I like keeping the checkered vibe anyways.
And good to know about the no-more-PacBlue. Don't like any of the other trims except maybe grey, and grey isn't worth $250. Although I do think that Carbon Black is the default color line trim, but Checkered Black is the standard dash/door ring trim. Another reason the 2011 configuration would be great right about now..I'm looking at you, BMWUSA

Old 09-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Bloodycow
2nd Gear
Actually Chakram, Carbon Black "Color Line" is 250$. You have to order it with cloth/leather cross check, gravity leather, lounge leather or punch leather seat for it to be a No Charge cost. Now Interior color Carbon Black is no charge, but I like the Piano Black myself for the dash.

I grew up in Dysart, about 25 miles straight south of Waterloo on Highway 21. I went to school in LaPorte City though. Which is a little closer on 281.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
bruce_wayne
2nd Gear
Week 40 build out waiting ... tickity tock tick tock!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2011" Support Group