1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused:

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused:

CM was completed and released for transport yesterday according to ASK MINI!! I think there are a few others that finished in week 33 as well.

Based on 1st gear forum info and my West coast destination of Port Hueneme, CA, the next boat out is the Toscana departing Bremerhaven a week from today (8/27/11). I'm guessing I and other week 32/33/some of 34 should be on that one assuming there's space available. The next ship out after that is the Platinum Ray scheduled to depart on 9/10/11, arrive in CA on 10/25.

Since it was done yesterday, that leaves at least 5 days to complete the ~10 hour drive/rail trip from Graz to Bremerhaven. Once out of Bremerhaven, a few stopovers in Belgium (8/29), UK (Southampton to pick up some smaller cousins - 8/30), enter the Panama Canal on 9/12 and finally Port Hueneme on 9/21.

Assume 3-7 days at the VDC, then trucked here to Colorado and finally delivery no later than first week of Oct.

It'll end up being a 4 month wait since order if the ship's not full. Otherwise, I won't get it until late Oct/early Nov and that's 5 months. Hope it's worth it!

If any other west coast port folks get some info, please share and mention your production date!

Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4-5 MONTHS!!!! my MA said 10 weeks until delivery. i ordered july 15th. and checked aug. 18th with my MA and was emailed the form showing my countryman was finishing painting on aug 18th and being assembled now. it sure would be hard waiting 4-5 months. i wonder if the countryman takes longer to put together than a standard mini? the owners lounge is not as helpful as you MA. i wonder what the average wait is on a countryman order?

Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
I got caught up in the automatic transmission & MINI Connected supply issues after the Japan tsunami. Production on CM with those options didn't ramp up until mid-late July. You should be fine on your 10 week estimate. That's what mine would have been had there not been supply issues.

Sounds like ours were on the line at the same time and if you're headed to the west coast, they might be shipmates too!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Latka
5th Gear
Ordered our '11 Cooper Countryman 6MT on 14 May 2011. Just drove 'er home today from MINI of Hawaii. Tracking the ship was cool...and frustrating. Saw it in Europe, and then when it reached Nova Scotia. Looked like it stalled there, then poof- Panama. From there it was pretty quick up to Oxnard.

I think unless you pay for some kind of AIS update you don't get updates unless the ship is in a sea zone near a port.

SO glad we got an '11 car. I would have gone bonkers if we had to wait longer!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Congrats Latka!!! I'll bet it's a pretty rare sight out there right now! I was in Kauai last month and maybe saw 2 hardtops in the 2 weeks traversing that small island. I think I saw more Smart cars with surfboards strapped to the top!! Funny that the board is so much bigger than that car.

Enjoy it and if you have a chance, post a pic - you've got some gorgeous scenery there!

Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Latka
5th Gear
We've got the remnants of a tropical storm goin overhead, but I'll grab at least a rainy day pic when we go out in a bit. . Kauai is pretty, but I'm not surprised you didn't see a whole 'lotta cars. Here on O'ahu MINIS are pretty popular - probably about 20-30 classics on the island too!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 PM
minilauren
2nd Gear
I'm not sure if any of this helps, but...I'll try. To start with, my Ladybug (2012 ALL4) completed production on Wednesday and reached the vague status of 153 which is basically "Moving from the factory in Graz, Austria to the port of Bremerhaven." I've been talking to the General Sales Manager at Mini of Peabody and he told me that he has seen this trip take as little as 3 days and as much as 3 weeks. Anyway, if you have your VIN, which you should by this point, you can find out what ship it's on but only after it has reached the port and is ready to be loaded. Of course, once you know the ship name you can track it.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 AM
camminich
5th Gear
I do think that trip from Graz to Bremerhaven is via Albuquerque. Took my CM 8 days to make that trip. Although a few have done it in 2, many take even more. It's a crap shoot. The WW site is not much help either since they do not book CMs until they are sitting at the port. The MC/MCS get the luxury of knowing their boat as soon as they leave Oxford.

If you want to drive yourself a bit loonie (which I do recommend) just keep watching the Bremer webcam. Its seems like eventually all CMs appear on it. After 7 days of thinking my CM was sitting in an empty lot never to get loaded, I got a glimps of it on a train car. Next day, it was on the WW site with a status of in Bremen and scheduled for a boat.

Just stick with it, good luck...

Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
CM51
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
Ordered our '11 Cooper Countryman 6MT on 14 May 2011. Just drove 'er home today from MINI of Hawaii. Tracking the ship was cool...and frustrating. Saw it in Europe, and then when it reached Nova Scotia. Looked like it stalled there, then poof- Panama. From there it was pretty quick up to Oxnard.
For those of us on Oahu, just wondering how long after production Jack made it to Port Hueneme and then how long to Oahu? Does it come over on Matson? Were you able to track it during it's journey from Oxnard to Oahu?

Sorry, don't mean to give you the third degree, but I'm sure you know the wait can make you a bit cuckoo. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
blaietta
Neutral
I live in Colorado and my CM finished production on 8/18 and now it is on its way to the port. I have a feeling our CM's are making the journey together. I also ordered mine back in June so we've both waited the same amount of time. I ordered a Cooper S back in 02 and had to wait over 8 months to get that car so this isn't as bad for me.

Please let me know if you hear anything new on which ship yours is loaded on and I'll do the same since they will probably be on the same one.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by camminich
I do think that trip from Graz to Bremerhaven is via Albuquerque. Took my CM 8 days to make that trip. Although a few have done it in 2, many take even more. It's a crap shoot. The WW site is not much help either since they do not book CMs until they are sitting at the port. The MC/MCS get the luxury of knowing their boat as soon as they leave Oxford.

If you want to drive yourself a bit loonie (which I do recommend) just keep watching the Bremer webcam. Its seems like eventually all CMs appear on it. After 7 days of thinking my CM was sitting in an empty lot never to get loaded, I got a glimps of it on a train car. Next day, it was on the WW site with a status of in Bremen and scheduled for a boat.

what is Bremen webcam and how do you access it?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CM51
For those of us on Oahu, just wondering how long after production Jack made it to Port Hueneme and then how long to Oahu? Does it come over on Matson? Were you able to track it during it's journey from Oxnard to Oahu?

Sorry, don't mean to give you the third degree, but I'm sure you know the wait can make you a bit cuckoo. Thanks.
No worries - I was going bonkers waiting for my car to arrive!

I got the name of the ship from my MA, and then I snooped around online for a few ship tracking sites. I saw the ship leave (Bremmerhaven? Somewhere in the north of Deutschland), then off to Denmark, then to England. I couldn't find it again until it arrived in Nova Scotia, where it seemed to sit for like 5 days. It popped up again as it crossed through Panama, and then again finally when it got to Oxnard. I want to say it took 3 - 3.5 weeks from when the production was done in Austria. Once the car hit the VPC it was pretty quick to board another ship (a few days perhaps?). I was told a good guess is 7 to 12 working days after it hits the VPC. Once it gets to O'ahu they have to unload it, do the final delivery inspection, then run it through the detail crew before they can release it to you.

A long wait, but so far I am very very happy!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by countryman-s
what is Bremen webcam and how do you access it?
Try this: http://www.blg.de/en/blg-logistics/s...am-automobile/

Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM
CM51
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blaietta
I live in Colorado and my CM finished production on 8/18 and now it is on its way to the port. I have a feeling our CM's are making the journey together. I also ordered mine back in June so we've both waited the same amount of time. I ordered a Cooper S back in 02 and had to wait over 8 months to get that car so this isn't as bad for me.

Please let me know if you hear anything new on which ship yours is loaded on and I'll do the same since they will probably be on the same one.
8 MONTHS! Now that is a shockingly long wait!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
CM51
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info Latka! I'm gonna shoot an email to my MA right now.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
haicu923
1st Gear
I ordered mines on 6/28 and it started production last friday, 8/19. Really hoping for it to be on the 8/27 boat but looks more certain to be on the 9/10 boat. is there a site to check out the boat dates and shipping dates?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrk5n
thank you mrk5n, that is cool.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by camminich
I do think that trip from Graz to Bremerhaven is via Albuquerque...

Thanks for the encouragement! Maybe it'll be sooner rather than later. My current car seems to know that the end is near. Slipping transmission, worn tires and in need of an oil change. Trying to get my attention while I try to hold off before trading it in!! It's been an awesome car for the past 12 years

Originally Posted by blaietta

You're a veteran! My luck, mine ill be in line after yours and it'll get the, please wait for the next ship while watching yours sail away! I'll let you know if I hear more. BTW, did you go with Schomp or Loveland? I'm southeast of Denver, but ran to the North based on experiences.

Originally Posted by mrk5n
Cool!! Thanks for the link. This is going to be an addition to the time sink pining away already is!!

Originally Posted by haicu923
I ordered mines on 6/28 and it started production last friday, 8/19. Really hoping for it to be on the 8/27 boat but looks more certain to be on the 9/10 boat. is there a site to check out the boat dates and shipping dates?
Seems that if you're on the left coast, you'll get shipped via WW. If you're on the east coast, it's either WW or K-Line. This post has all the deets to track from the UK. I found the Toscana and Platinum Ray through the WW site:

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/, then selecting 'search by ports' --> origin = 'Germany', destination = 'U.S.A.' --> origin port = 'Bremerhaven', destination port = '<select your port>' --> click 'Search'

You'll then get a list of vessels that match that route with departure and arrival dates and if you select a voyage, it provides the ships schedule. That said, the Platinum Ray is no longer shown (maybe it's fully booked?) and the next departure after Toscana is the Asian King on 9/24. Not sure how to do it on K-line. Hope this helps and I think for sure it'll get here by Nov!

Last edited by Rktcyntst; 08-22-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Hey enjoy the webcam.

I found most of the activity occurs early in the morning, so for most of us that means while we are sleeping (or should be). I had setup my PC at home with a brower script to do a screen capture ever 60 seconds, that way I could scan through all pics looking for MINIs. I was very surprised to see how fast they can unload a train car and load a ship.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
I have to bring my current car into the body shop. A tree limb fell on the roof last thursday night. It too has been acting up. Key fob works some of the time. Front speakers work occasionally. Just hope it makes it until our CM arrives completed 8/19 8/23 still awaiting transport maybe it will set sail on Aug 29th arriving in NY (actually Jersey City) on 9/9 and delivery??????

Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
blaietta
Neutral
I'm right in Denver and just ended up going with Schomp. Didn't feel like driving up to Loveland to get the car. Haven't been too impressed with the service but it was the same way when I bought my first Mini from Morristown Mini in NJ.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
See what ships are scheduled to leave Bremerhaven:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6-post147.html

Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
hooray, my countryman has completed production and is ready to ship!!! i wonder how many they gather to ship at a time?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
This is my understanding from have researched this. The ship is shared with BMW, Vehicles made in Graz, Austria are transported to Bremerhaven and are loaded on the same ship. It leaves Bremerhaven and sails to Belgium for more vehicles and then Southhampton. After that it sails to North America. Your R60 will probably be on the same ship as mine (Otello) leaving Bremerhaven on 31-Aug. Just hoping for smooth sailing. Check previous posts for links to the appropriate sites.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
i have looked at several links listed and seen several ships arriving to my port. it seems i found a link once that tracks your car by the vin number, but i cannot find it now.

Quick Reply: R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused: