1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Waiting to sail the big blue...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting to sail the big blue...

...Just found out this morning that MINIme has been released to a carrier and is "awaiting transportation to the port of exit"! I'll talk to a real person later today.

So psyched! Thought it would be fun to find out who else is in this stage and if you've just gotten on a boat, feel free to post as well.

Would be great to find out who MINIme will be sailing with, Countryman pirates sailing the big blue aboard barnacled ships! Come on boats, sail fast!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Kosmo
1st Gear
Mine is awaiting transport as well, though when I talked to ASKMINI they said that it was still waiting to "change hands" with the carrier, so I don't think its actually at the dock yet...

cheers!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
MiniSpeedRacer
Neutral
I think Pip is at the dock waiting for a carrier as well, that is what ASKMINI's status says. I have been trying to get ahold of my MA to see if he has any information as to which ship Pip is on, but he must be on vacation because it has been over a week and he is still not answering any of my calls. So hopefully Pip gets on one of the ships this week!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
SpeedRacer, call AskMini again and then talk to the operator. She can give you a better idea.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
garmjoe
2nd Gear
I think mine will be on your ship as well...and port of Galveston bound in TEXAS!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
MiniSpeedRacer
Neutral
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
SpeedRacer, call AskMini again and then talk to the operator. She can give you a better idea.
Thanks MiniMouse, they couldn't provide me with any more information than what the automated voice says. They also told me to call the MA and he could provide more information. ha!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
My CM4 is awaiting transportation since last week. Here's the schedule for the upcoming ships leaving Bremerhaven to port of NY. Hopefully some of us will be on the next one!

Attached Thumbnails Waiting to sail the big blue...-ship-schedule.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
NickyD999
2nd Gear
My Countryman is at the port waiting to set sail. I talked to my MA today and he estimates I should see the vehicle the end of this month!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
I am at the same stage! My CMS All4 finished assembly yesterday and is awaiting transport to the port. Looks like 1130km from Graz, Austria to Bremerhaven. Does anyone know if the cars go by train or truck?

This will be my second Mini. I enjoyed tracking my R53 in 2005, and I hope the Countryman is as good of a car as my current Mini. 90,000 fun and mostly trouble-free miles, but we have a baby due in 3 weeks, and I need something bigger!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NickyD999
My Countryman is at the port waiting to set sail. I talked to my MA today and he estimates I should see the vehicle the end of this month!
Yay Nicky! I'm hoping to see mine by the end of the month, but we'll see. Not going to count my Countryman before they hatch!

Originally Posted by aznqtboy984
My CM4 is awaiting transportation since last week. Here's the schedule for the upcoming ships leaving Bremerhaven to port of NY. Hopefully some of us will be on the next one!
Thanks for this aznqtboy!

Originally Posted by garmjoe
I think mine will be on your ship as well...and port of Galveston bound in TEXAS!
Garmjoe!! YAY!! Texas or BUST!!! I haven't even met my MA yet. Everything was done over phone/email/fax. I emailed him today and told I couldn't wait to meet him face to face and my MINI face to grill!

Originally Posted by MiniSpeedRacer
Thanks MiniMouse, they couldn't provide me with any more information than what the automated voice says. They also told me to call the MA and he could provide more information. ha!
That's good to know. I've emailed my MA and may call tomorrow or Friday depending on if I hear from him through email.

Guys, it's getting close!! I imagine myself driving MINIme already and the looks I'll get. MINIme will be one of maybe 2 other CM's I've seen around my town BUT she'll be the only S!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pulsetn
I am at the same stage! My CMS All4 finished assembly yesterday and is awaiting transport to the port. Looks like 1130km from Graz, Austria to Bremerhaven. Does anyone know if the cars go by train or truck?

This will be my second Mini. I enjoyed tracking my R53 in 2005, and I hope the Countryman is as good of a car as my current Mini. 90,000 fun and mostly trouble-free miles, but we have a baby due in 3 weeks, and I need something bigger!
Congrats on the new baby and the CMS All4! My CMS will be our family car as well, but we don't have a baby on the way... yet.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ughhhhh - so jealous of all you waiting to sail

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
How exciting!! I'm still stalking my order info. It's been a week and I still haven't moved to the "production" line. :(

Can't wait to hear when you get yours!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by garmjoe
Garmjoe, do our cars land in Galveston? I didn't know where we would end up.
Any news on your Mini yet?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM
garmjoe
2nd Gear
Minimouse17-

Yes, I remember reading that Galveston was one of the ports in North America. Still no news of my Countryman boarding a ship yet...sigh I really think that once it's on it won't be too long...mid-March I hope

Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Still no news if MINIme is on a boat yet. I'm kind of thinking that since my car was so quick from "on order" to "assigned a carrier & awaiting transport", that it's going to be forever for her to get across the big blue and into my garage...

Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
My car seemed to be stuck on that status all week, and I was about to respond with "me too." But I just called ASK MINI, and the recording now says "your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit." i called this morning and heard the released to carrier status, so it just changed sometime in the last couple of hours.

Hopefully our cars are on the same train or carrier or whatever. I think another thread said there was a ship leaving Bremerhaven on 2/15. I am crossing my fingers that our cars will be on it!

It's frustrating knowing that my awesome new Mini was sitting in a parking lot all week instead of making its way to Nashville. I guess that's just how it goes.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:26 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Oh I know, pulsetn!! It's just sitting there waiting for me to drive her! I just called ASk MINI also and it said the same thing! I wonder what port your CMS will end up going to?
Oh, I hope our cars go out on Bremerhaven!!

Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
NickyD999
2nd Gear
My Mini is en route and adjusting to its "seawheels".

Old 02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
MiniSpeedRacer
Neutral
I just called ASKMINI and it said that Pip was in transit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get no information when I put my VIN into the WW website, so I can only assume that it is on the K-Line! I am hoping that it got on the Dover Highway and didn't update until just now! But the most likely prospect is that it is on the California Highway! Now to somehow get ahold of my MA and figure out which one!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
All CMs leave through the port of Bremerhaven since they are produced in Graz, Austria. Then all ships go to Southhampton to pick up regular Minis. Then they start sailing across the ocean. You can track it on marinetraffic.com once you find out what ship it is on. But just remember, according to the news, the crazy cold weather there is causing a lot of hold up because the water is so icy. I was terrified my car would be stuck, but luckily Barnacle was already in the Atlantic, but is probably still freezing bc of the cold weather!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 AM
NickyD999
2nd Gear
My mini is sailing the pond on the WW Tamerlane. According to the voyage schedule my countryman will be dropped off in Baltimore on February 19, 2012. Hopefully after that it's only another seven days before my dealer gets it then.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jenben04
All CMs leave through the port of Bremerhaven since they are produced in Graz, Austria. Then all ships go to Southhampton to pick up regular Minis. Then they start sailing across the ocean. You can track it on marinetraffic.com once you find out what ship it is on. But just remember, according to the news, the crazy cold weather there is causing a lot of hold up because the water is so icy. I was terrified my car would be stuck, but luckily Barnacle was already in the Atlantic, but is probably still freezing bc of the cold weather!
Jen, thanks for the info! Sounds like you're an old pro at this!
This is rough for us first time sailors!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
Jen, thanks for the info! Sounds like you're an old pro at this!
This is rough for us first time sailors!
Well with my first Mini, I wasn't as intense about the tracking mainly because I had just graduated from high school. This time around, I've become crazy obsessed because I just want to get rid of my Volvo, it is a total piece of crap! It's rougher this time because of the wait and my tracking skills. And for everyone else, my VIN didn't show up on WW's site for 2 full days. So don't lose hope yet!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NickyD999
My mini is sailing the pond on the WW Tamerlane. According to the voyage schedule my countryman will be dropped off in Baltimore on February 19, 2012. Hopefully after that it's only another seven days before my dealer gets it then.
When did the Tamerlane leave?

Quick Reply: R60 Waiting to sail the big blue...