3rd Gen Countryman (U25) Talk (2025+) 3rd Gen Countryman SUV discussion. U25

ICE U25 Countryman Spare Tire Kit

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 05:53 PM
cjhinpa
|
Neutral
U25 Countryman Spare Tire Kit

Hello! Just joined this forum - glad it exists!
We took delivery of our U25 in June out of dealer stock as the color and option combo we specified happened to be in the dealers ample inventory of these cars. Our car has the trailer hitch, but did not have the compact spare tire kit. We asked the sales manager at the time of purchase to get us one of the compact spare kits and that was a "no problem, we don't have them yet, but we'll get you one" response.
I visited the dealer parts desk today to inquire about acquiring a spare kit and was told something that left me incredulous:

The parts rep said that if you did not order a spare kit from the factory, there is no option to purchase one after the car is built - it cannot be added later or retrofit. The "mobility kit" (compressor with can of goo) is the only solution they could offer. The rep could not explain why this would be the case, other than to eluding to the underfloor space in the cargo area is different somehow. He also said that the actual spare wheel will only fit a mini which has the factory spare kit upon build. I can place a full size mounted wheel in the space under the rear floor, so that doesn't hold up as a reason

I could not help but say "You realize how absurd this sounds to a customer, right?" Which he did at least acknowledge.

So now I am reaching out to this group of fellow owners to gain insight on this magical spare kit. Does anyone have one? What does it look like? Anyone else as annoyed as I am about this?

I am combing the aftermarket to seek out a solution to this silly situation.

Any insights appreciated!

Chris

Here's our beast...

Old Today | 08:38 AM
MiniCM12
Neutral
I would be interested to know those who have the kit - what size tire was provided.

Old Today | 11:46 AM
USC
1st Gear
I have the full size spare which I ordered are you saying you have NO solution whatsoever if you get a flat? Did yours come with run flats? That is very odd. I will admit my GT3 and M3 have the stupid can etc and I would NEVER use them and jeopardize the expensive rims, I call AAA.

Old Today | 01:43 PM
cjhinpa
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by USC
I have the full size spare which I ordered are you saying you have NO solution whatsoever if you get a flat? Did yours come with run flats? That is very odd. I will admit my GT3 and M3 have the stupid can etc and I would NEVER use them and jeopardize the expensive rims, I call AAA.
As delivered, the dealer solution to flat is "Call AAA". Their only aftermarket solution is the compressor/goo kit - not going with that.

I would be VERY interested in some photos of the spare kit your car has. Ideally with it is its storage location.

Is it in a bag under the rear load floor?

Chris

Old Today | 01:44 PM
cjhinpa
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by USC
Our car does not have run-flat tires

Old Today | 01:44 PM
MiniCM12
Neutral
what tire size is on the spare you received?

Old Today | 01:48 PM
USC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cjhinpa
As delivered, the dealer solution to flat is "Call AAA". Their only aftermarket solution is the compressor/goo kit - not going with that.

I would be VERY interested in some photos of the spare kit your car has. Ideally with it is its storage location.

Is it in a bag under the rear load floor?

Chris
Not in a bag, it's under the load floor like an old school spare back in the day. All the tools like jack etc. Not sure of the size but I have a JCW with 20" rims and big brakes so it has to clear those.