3rd Gen FAQs 3rd Gen Common Questions & Answers!

Bimmercode App

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:52 AM
playahammer
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spotted
I tried to code the rear fog lights and got them to work. (in expert mode)

Then I tried under 'Air Conditioning' to 'remember last settings'. (in standard mode)
Now I can't turn off the air conditioning. I can raise it but not turn it off. It also keeps the rear defroster on but it keeps blinking. And the auto start/off doesn't activate on stopping. The light works but not the function.

I tried to restore but get an error. I just get a red light on the app next to air conditioning.

I also disconnected the battery but it didn't effect anything.

I email their customer support so waiting on a response.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I can't hard code it anymore since my laptops (mac&win) stopped connecting to my car.
Start the engine after coding, the ac need to alignment. after it done it will be able to turn off.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:22 AM
JosephM635
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by playahammer
sorry bro, this brake light really makes me laugh, I register this site just for replying! good luck to your brake light!
playahammer,

I reversed the coding and now have the "full" brakelamp and the fogs are no longer brakelamps. It seems that some F56s don't code correctly for "rear fogs as brakelamps" with the Bimmercode app. I don't think anyone with this condition has figured out how to code it correctly.

Cheers

-Joseph

The following users liked this post:
Walt (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 09:24 AM
ToolmanMini
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JosephM635
playahammer,

I reversed the coding and now have the "full" brakelamp and the fogs are no longer brakelamps. It seems that some F56s don't code correctly for "rear fogs as brakelamps" with the Bimmercode app. I don't think anyone with this condition has figured out how to code it correctly.

Cheers

-Joseph
Same as with my F55 - I only got half the brake light, and reversed everything to get back to normal. Not worth giving up half of the PRIMARY brake light in order to light up some more way down low.

curlywurly (12-13-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 02:54 PM
SJM
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m looking for an option regarding the ‘Brake Force Display’

its simple enough to adjust the force and activation speed to make all brake lights to flash but .... is there an option to choose to have just the centre (high level) brake light to flash?

Old 11-01-2019, 07:37 AM
ApexF60SE
2nd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Considering purchasing this app.

I need to know if the app is capable of coding auto fold, auto tilt wing/side mirrors on an F60 that doesn't yet have the hardware and wiring installed. I have all the parts and about to install. I know I'll need to code the features via either the service software or an app like this. I think this app would be the simplest approach, but wanted to confirm it is capable of performing the coding.

Can someone please let me know it can do this?

TIA!

Old 11-01-2019, 07:49 AM
6FT6
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ApexF60SE
Considering purchasing this app.

I need to know if the app is capable of coding auto fold, auto tilt wing/side mirrors on an F60 that doesn't yet have the hardware and wiring installed. I have all the parts and about to install. I know I'll need to code the features via either the service software or an app like this. I think this app would be the simplest approach, but wanted to confirm it is capable of performing the coding.

Can someone please let me know it can do this?

TIA!
You will need Esys to VO code the mirrors. You can use Bimmercode after that for any fine tuning

ApexF60SE (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 01:33 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by R53hyperblue
I just did the coding to see Videos in movement in my F56 JCW but in the USB I can only play the video files as music not video.

What I am doing wronf ?, let me know!
@R53hyperblue did you ever get this resolved? i just got a 2020 JCW CTM and am running into same issues as you with mp4 video files on a flash drive. only plays as music. i have the full 8" Navig NBT_EVO headunit with every option on my Countryman. Videos only play as audio files. they are named as mp4 and are encoded to work on iOS devices. also i don't see the option to see playlists in my infotainment either. hmmmm

tia!

Old 11-01-2019, 01:54 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Originally Posted by seamonkey420
@R53hyperblue did you ever get this resolved? i just got a 2020 JCW CTM and am running into same issues as you with mp4 video files on a flash drive. only plays as music. i have the full 8" Navig NBT_EVO headunit with every option on my Countryman. Videos only play as audio files. they are named as mp4 and are encoded to work on iOS devices. also i don't see the option to see playlists in my infotainment either. hmmmm

tia!
Park and handbrake up, you should be able to see the video.
For vid in motion I don’t think it works in the US.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:45 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 6FT6
Park and handbrake up, you should be able to see the video.
For vid in motion I don’t think it works in the US.
yea, tried that too and no luck. gonna reformat usb drive and try a few others but doubt its my file system format since i see files and can play as audio. oh well, i emailed bimmercode app about it too and will check w/my MINI MA peeps too. thanks for the reply!

Old 11-04-2019, 05:01 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
yea, tried that too and no luck. gonna reformat usb drive and try a few others but doubt its my file system format since i see files and can play as audio. oh well, i emailed bimmercode app about it too and will check w/my MINI MA peeps too. thanks for the reply!
So I just tried this, (I have a retrofitted NBT Evo from a 2018 F60) and VIM works.

These were the steps I took a while back. One thing to remember, the VIM doesnt stick if you code your with BimmerCode again and the unit resets, you must go through the activation process again.

1. With BimmerCode, I selected the video in motion option
2. When the unit rebooted, followed the steps to push the controller foward until progress is complete
3. There will be a pop up to turn off "lock"
4. VIM activated

Also, just place one video file on a formatted fat32 flash drive. No audio files. When I did the test I only had that one video file.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:42 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Unhappy

So I just tried this, (I have a retrofitted NBT Evo from a 2018 F60) and VIM works.

These were the steps I took a while back. One thing to remember, the VIM doesnt stick if you code your with BimmerCode again and the unit resets, you must go through the activation process again.

1. With BimmerCode, I selected the video in motion option
2. When the unit rebooted, followed the steps to push the controller foward until progress is complete
3. There will be a pop up to turn off "lock"
4. VIM activated

Also, just place one video file on a formatted fat32 flash drive. No audio files. When I did the test I only had that one video file.
tried all of these steps and then some. i had to go into expert mode and change a few other settings in bimmercode to even get the video options to show even though i do have the NBT_EVO module. sadly i think our HUs don't do video.. seriously, i have one of the most expensive MINIs out there and i can't do video? oh well. emailed bimmercode and they believe the same and awaiting a response from mini about it. i believe we have a headunit similar to the BMW F48 models.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:28 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
tried all of these steps and then some. i had to go into expert mode and change a few other settings in bimmercode to even get the video options to show even though i do have the NBT_EVO module. sadly i think our HUs don't do video.. seriously, i have one of the most expensive MINIs out there and i can't do video? oh well. emailed bimmercode and they believe the same and awaiting a response from mini about it. i believe we have a headunit similar to the BMW F48 models.
One thing, when I got my fsc the coder also installed the component protection unlock fsc with all the patches. Maybe that’s why it’s working?
Btw I’m in the US with a 2018 F56.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:30 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Question

One thing, when I got my fsc the coder also installed the component protection unlock fsc with all the patches. Maybe that’s why it’s working?
Btw I’m in the US with a 2018 F56.
i'm listening... and googling that now too. hmm.. looks like i need something like FemtoEVO ? https://fscmap.com/femtoevo/

Old 11-05-2019, 05:32 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
i'm listening... and googling that now too. hmm.. looks like i need something like FemtoEVO ? https://fscmap.com/femtoevo/
Yup...I won’t be able to direct you to the best one out there. I can only vouch for the coder I used.

I know there are a bunch of different people offering VIM fsc.

seamonkey420 (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 07:09 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
@seamonkey420 this is what the fsc and patch screen looked like from my coder

Old 12-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Kaktus
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone figured out how to code Sport steering and/or sport throttle in non-sport modes? i.e. sport steering in mid mode all the time.

I'm trying to do this because the rumble of the car in sport mode is becoming very tiresome.

cooperjunkie (12-13-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 01:01 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kaktus
Has anyone figured out how to code Sport steering and/or sport throttle in non-sport modes? i.e. sport steering in mid mode all the time.

I'm trying to do this because the rumble of the car in sport mode is becoming very tiresome.
I guess mid is still too soft a steering for you?

Old 12-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Craigger
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kaktus

code out the Active Sound and you'll get your sport steering with a quiet cabin.

MoBoost (09-02-2021)
Old 01-05-2020, 05:12 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I’ve been trying to code my head unit in a 2020 F54. Specifically, I’m trying to code the warnings at startup off. Whenever, I’ve tried it, I get an error during coding. My head unit then stops working after the ECU goes to sleep and the ignition comes on again. I’ve been able to restore a backup, both times, and get the head unit display back, but it is nerve racking. Anybody else had any trouble coding the head unit with BimmerCode.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:14 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chini
I’ve been trying to code my head unit in a 2020 F54. Specifically, I’m trying to code the warnings at startup off. Whenever, I’ve tried it, I get an error during coding. My head unit then stops working after the ECU goes to sleep and the ignition comes on again. I’ve been able to restore a backup, both times, and get the head unit display back, but it is nerve racking. Anybody else had any trouble coding the head unit with BimmerCode.
Maybe bad Bluetooth connection, which adaptor are you using?

Old 01-05-2020, 05:35 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Maybe bad Bluetooth connection, which adaptor are you using?
I’m using a Vgate WIFI. I know it’s no longer recommended, but I’ve successfully coded other stuff without a problem. I’ve ordered a Bluetooth one that’s on the recommended list. I’m not going to do anything else, until that comes in.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:52 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 571 Likes on 487 Posts
Are the 2020s cleared for take off by Bimmercode?

Old 01-05-2020, 06:07 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
I’m using a Vgate WIFI. I know it’s no longer recommended, but I’ve successfully coded other stuff without a problem. I’ve ordered a Bluetooth one that’s on the recommended list. I’m not going to do anything else, until that comes in.
I had a Vgate and it didnt work well, it was quite temperamental. Also as MTM said, compatibility with the 2020 models may not be there as yet. Best to wait for the other adaptor as you said.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:40 PM
chini
3rd Gear
I had a Vgate and it didnt work well, it was quite temperamental. Also as MTM said, compatibility with the 2020 models may not be there as yet. Best to wait for the other adaptor as you said.
Yes, temperamental was my experience. I bought the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth. The website for BimmerCode states compatibility with the F54 from 2015 onwards.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:22 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Yes, temperamental was my experience. I bought the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth. The website for BimmerCode states compatibility with the F54 from 2015 onwards.
Ok, I got the new Bluetooth dongle and coding was successful!

6FT6 (01-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Bimmercode App