3rd Gen FAQs 3rd Gen Common Questions & Answers!

Bimmercode App

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 03:29 PM
TechTurbo
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
No work arounds to mapped FRA BLINKED you will get an error on US cars.

As I mentioned set blinked, and map to BL and BFD, that will NOT trigger an error.

The error comes from the turn signal circuit.
I did the BL and BFD mapping for 1 and 2 respectively, and it caused the 8041C3 code mentioned above. This is the exact reason why I reverted back to the defaults. Again I do believe BL and BFD are the right values but the computer thinks the mapping is not appropriate at least on UJ light for USA version.

Old 03-20-2022, 02:52 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 520 Likes on 432 Posts
And you set
Both Left and Right
as

BFD_x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BFD_x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BFD_x_IS_LED - aktiv

BL_x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BL_x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BL_x_IS_LED - aktiv

FRA h _x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
FRA h _x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
FRA h _x_IS_LED - aktiv

Old 03-20-2022, 04:53 PM
TechTurbo
2nd Gear
And you set
Both Left and Right
as

BFD_x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BFD_x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BFD_x_IS_LED - aktiv

BL_x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BL_x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
BL_x_IS_LED - aktiv

FRA h _x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
FRA h _x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - nicht_aktiv
FRA h _x_IS_LED - aktiv
That is correct and these are needed for the UJ setup. Code 8041C3 is about the mapping, and unless someone can proof me wrong the ECU on USA version car just do not expect one to change BRAKEFORCED_1 and BRAKEFORCED_2 to EU values (bl and bfd respectively).

Old 03-20-2022, 06:26 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TechTurbo
That is correct and these are needed for the UJ setup. Code 8041C3 is about the mapping, and unless someone can proof me wrong the ECU on USA version car just do not expect one to change BRAKEFORCED_1 and BRAKEFORCED_2 to EU values (bl and bfd respectively).
The video I posted above proves that it works!!

The code comes from setting blinking to fra.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:23 PM
TechTurbo
2nd Gear
The video I posted above proves that it works!!

The code comes from setting blinking to fra.
Again I trust it works but does not mean the computer is not storing a code. This is 100% true when you code BFD on UJ light for USA cars. My post above is to help folks understand this and see if someone has solved it.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:57 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
The code you acquired was setting blinkend and leaving fra
as it say in the settings blinking-brake lights. Not blinking turn signals

Old 03-20-2022, 09:05 PM
TechTurbo
2nd Gear
The code you acquired was setting blinkend and leaving fra
as it say in the settings blinking-brake lights. Not blinking turn signals
No, the code I shared is when you set blinkend and map to bl and bfd per the instructions posted here. I shared the defaults and clearly it was area enlargement. Since I don't think you have UJ light and seen the code, I can understand it is hard for you to understand.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:00 AM
jwzimm
2nd Gear
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Question for the group here. I currently have a 2023 Cooper SE on order and it should be arriving in month or so. The car will come with the Mini LED headlights as I understand. My VO currently include the 8S4 "Variable Light Decoding" option on the build. I have been researching to see if anyone has had luck with removing this from the VO and activating the VLD and matrix headlight function on the Mini? See this video for them in action:

The following users liked this post:
NBCGLX (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 12:48 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
You ask a good question that I'm very curious to hear the answer to. I do believe folks in the BMW world have figured out how to code the additional functionality that is (currently) only offered outside the U.S. I guess the first question to answer is whether or not the U.S. headlights have the same physical capabilities as the non-U.S. matrix lights. That is, do they have the actual components necessary in the headlights themselves. If they do, then the next question is, is there a separate module that provides the matrix functionality? If no, can the existing modules be programmed accordingly with the proper VO code(s), or can the appropriate model be retrofitted?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:10 PM
TechTurbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
You ask a good question that I'm very curious to hear the answer to. I do believe folks in the BMW world have figured out how to code the additional functionality that is (currently) only offered outside the U.S. I guess the first question to answer is whether or not the U.S. headlights have the same physical capabilities as the non-U.S. matrix lights. That is, do they have the actual components necessary in the headlights themselves. If they do, then the next question is, is there a separate module that provides the matrix functionality? If no, can the existing modules be programmed accordingly with the proper VO code(s), or can the appropriate model be retrofitted?
I agree... do you actually have the identical hardware? If the answer is yes then the chance of coding the functionality to work is pretty high.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:46 AM
bizzenwoof
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwzimm
Question for the group here. I currently have a 2023 Cooper SE on order and it should be arriving in month or so. The car will come with the Mini LED headlights as I understand. My VO currently include the 8S4 "Variable Light Decoding" option on the build. I have been researching to see if anyone has had luck with removing this from the VO and activating the VLD and matrix headlight function on the Mini? See this video for them in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXWuJYXjcI
Hey! I’ve actually tried this on my 2020 F56 and after many attempts with a coder, we found out the USA headlights are different from the European variant and sadly lack the components for Matrix LED. You could totally just replace them with the Euro version, code them, and it would work (the coder mentioned they’ve done this before). I’ve found the part numbers before but can’t seem to locate them right now… I’ll keep looking and update if I find them.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:55 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bizzenwoof
Hey! I’ve actually tried this on my 2020 F56 and after many attempts with a coder, we found out the USA headlights are different from the European variant and sadly lack the components for Matrix LED. You could totally just replace them with the Euro version, code them, and it would work (the coder mentioned they’ve done this before). I’ve found the part numbers before but can’t seem to locate them right now… I’ll keep looking and update if I find them.
Well this is a bummer, but also what I expected of the U.S. lights. Now to find a source for the European headlights for my 2023 F60… Unfortunately, my 2019 F57 doesn’t have the KAFAS camera, so I don’t think it would work at all for that car.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:40 AM
21JCW
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Question, I was unable to see/locate if the app had the ability to clear interval maintenance reminders of oil change/brakes/etc ....

Thnaks!

Old 07-09-2022, 10:11 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't recall that it does. I just use the onboard system (trip reset button) to clear the codes.

Old 07-27-2022, 04:07 PM
nodrog321
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm trying to code my power folding side mirrors to fold/unfold on lock/unlock. I got it to work by using the remote to lock/unlock but the door handle buttons dont work. I think if i unlock the door using the door handle, it will unfold the mirror but when i use the button to lock, it doesnt fold. Anyone know?

Old 07-27-2022, 04:21 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by nodrog321
I'm trying to code my power folding side mirrors to fold/unfold on lock/unlock. I got it to work by using the remote to lock/unlock but the door handle buttons dont work. I think if i unlock the door using the door handle, it will unfold the mirror but when i use the button to lock, it doesnt fold. Anyone know?
Same behavior with the 2023 F60. Mirrors fold automatically with the key fob, but only with the door button if I hold it.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:14 PM
minor1000
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I always use the door handle button, holding it down for a few seconds, but I don’t know how to do it from the fob. Does it have to be coded to make that work?

I would like them to fold whenever I lock the car.

2019 F60 CMS

Old 07-27-2022, 08:47 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by nodrog321
You have to hold the door handle button for a bit. It's about a second on our '22, and about 3 seconds on our '19.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:48 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by minor1000
I always use the door handle button, holding it down for a few seconds, but I don’t know how to do it from the fob. Does it have to be coded to make that work?

2019 F60 CMS
Yes, you can set that option with Bimmercode.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:07 PM
nodrog321
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by minor1000

2019 F60 CMS
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
Same behavior with the 2023 F60. Mirrors fold automatically with the key fob, but only with the door button if I hold it.
Originally Posted by chrunck
You have to hold the door handle button for a bit. It's about a second on our '22, and about 3 seconds on our '19.
thanks guys! I just had to hold the door handle button for slightly longer (not even that much longer. Maybe just a split second) when locking and it folded the mirrors

Old 08-11-2022, 12:07 AM
Nervos
2nd Gear
Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
I am retrofitting an original alarm system into R53 (1st gen). Will I be able to code alarm system by this app?

Old 08-25-2022, 05:53 AM
reidmefirst
2nd Gear
Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
I didn't see anybody post about doing this previously, but it worked fine:

On my F54 (2019, pre-lci2) I retrofitted a fog light switch into the car. I coded the fog light switch so that it would turn on just the rear left light in the barn door. I coded the brake lights to activate both lights in the barn doors (both left and right).

I was curious if the brake lights and fog light would function under these settings they do. If I turn on the fog lights, just the left barn door light activates. If I then depress the brake pedal, both barn door lights are on. If the fog light is turned off, and I depress the brake pedal, both lights are on.

Now to figure out wiring for the front fog lights retrofit =).

Old 08-27-2022, 02:41 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Nervos
I am retrofitting an original alarm system into R53 (1st gen). Will I be able to code alarm system by this app?
Unfortunately, no.
https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/mini/cooper/r50/

Old 10-29-2022, 09:21 AM
THE ITCH
5th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I am a real newbie at this stuff. Hopefully someone may be able to answer a question for me. I have received a 2023 JCW Clubman. I have the pop up display showing speed as well as tachometer. When I move the selector into the manual shift position the circle inside the RPM shows me which gear I am in. Is their a way I can program this to show which gear the car is in even when it is in automatic mode?
Thanks for the help, Steve

Old 11-01-2022, 11:17 AM
miniRogue1
4th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Finally found the end of this thread!

Anyways, are there any issues or problems that people run into using Bimmercode. I basically bought it just for the fullscreen carplay, but am hesitant to try it at all due to possible issues and then maybe warranty concerns.

Anyone know of anything?

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: Bimmercode App