4th Generation MINIs Discuss the new EV Hardtop and ICE Hardtop models here.

ICE daytime running lights on the 2025 Cooper???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 06:38 AM
pallotto316
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daytime running lights on the 2025 Cooper???

The newly designed headlights on the F66 have two horizontal crossbars. In some promotional photos those are lit up as part of the daytime running lights along with the halo. But in other photos the DRLs are just the halo (though it appears the crossbars are still physically present, just not illuminated). See attached photo.

Is that a programable option? In other words, in the settlings can you choose between plain halo DRL versus halo + crossbars DRL? Or is it a physical option, where perhaps the "classic" trim package doesn't have the crossbars, but the "favored" trim package does?

The crossbars are something I might get used to, but my initial reaction is to dislike them.

Old 07-04-2024, 01:41 PM
Altruist
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Choices….yes!

I’ve had my F66 for a few weeks now. Flawless! And yes, there are three choices of configuration of DRLs and rears. No shortage of choices for almost everything on the 2025. Definite learning curve.

Originally Posted by pallotto316
The newly designed headlights on the F66 have two horizontal crossbars. In some promotional photos those are lit up as part of the daytime running lights along with the halo. But in other photos the DRLs are just the halo (though it appears the crossbars are still physically present, just not illuminated). See attached photo.

Is that a programable option? In other words, in the settlings can you choose between plain halo DRL versus halo + crossbars DRL? Or is it a physical option, where perhaps the "classic" trim package doesn't have the crossbars, but the "favored" trim package does?

The crossbars are something I might get used to, but my initial reaction is to dislike them.

Old 07-04-2024, 02:10 PM
pallotto316
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Altruist
I’ve had my F66 for a few weeks now. Flawless! And yes, there are three choices of configuration of DRLs and rears. No shortage of choices for almost everything on the 2025. Definite learning curve.
Congrats on your purchase!

You say there are three configs for the DRLs? What are they? I assume halo and halo + crossbars are two of the configs. What's the third?

And what are the configs for the rears?

I know this is a weird thing to be curious about, but I've always found Minis' headlights and taillights to be one of their most distinct and sharp features.

Old 07-04-2024, 08:58 PM
Altruist
1st Gear
As follows:

Must be in park to configure.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 05:23 AM
pallotto316
1st Gear
Thanks for sharing those screenshots. I really appreciate it.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:24 AM
Altruist
1st Gear
My pleasure…which do you favor…or uh…favour?🤣

Old 07-05-2024, 08:48 AM
pallotto316
1st Gear
For the headlights, I prefer the classic style of simple circles. I've always loved Mini's circular headlights. Circular headlights gives them character and makes the brand distinct. There are only a few other cars on the road with circular headlights (Jeeps and Ford Broncos are the only ones that come to mind). Nearly every other modern car has angular headlights, which make them generic and indistinguishable. With that said, the preferred style (halo + crossbars) could potentially grow on me. I'd be willing to give them a chance. The only style I don't like is the JCW (crossbars-only).

For the taillights, I'm not sure which configuration I prefer. I'd need to see them in person. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the new taillights. I don't like their triangular shape, and I don't like way they're segmented (I'm not sure if that's the right word...). They look like Spider-man's webs to me. I really love the Union Jack taillights on the previous generation -- it will be hard for me to give those us.

Which configuration of lights are you using on your car?

Old 07-05-2024, 11:04 AM
Altruist
1st Gear
I am besot with various choices setting up my F66! Probably more than 50. Haven’t given the exterior lighting much thought…but it seems that the “favoured” configuration generates the most DRL coverage….safety is my priority. So….for now, it’s “favoured.”

Did you order an F66? What’s your tire choice?

Old 07-06-2024, 05:40 AM
pallotto316
1st Gear
I'm considering ordering a F66 for my wife. She currently drives a 2011 F56, so it's time for an upgrade. She's in love with the new Ocean Wave color. Other than that, she'll defer to me to select the details. I'll go for whatever is the largest wheel option (17" or 18"?). Are they now offering all-season tires instead of run-flats? That would be a tough call. I love the security of a fun-flat, but prefer the ride and affordability of an all-season.

I drive a F60 Countryman. I have no interest in the new U25 version. It's too big to be a Mini. And the front-end has to many straight lines and hard angles (not just the angular head lights, but the bonnet as well). It looks like every other crossover on the road. Minis should have soft, rounded bodies.