4th Generation MINIs Discuss the new EV Hardtop and ICE Hardtop models here.

ICE '25 Cooper S review

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 12:01 PM
ToyCar
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Great review. Love the looks of your Mini, but that interior would probably halt me from upgrading. Not a fan of nothing in front of the steering wheel-seems like a manufacturing cost cutting effort to more easily switch to right hand drive models. I imagine the heads up display would alleviate my concerns. (Didn't much care for the version before now as it looked tacked on.) Other than that-very nice!

Last edited by ToyCar; 08-06-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2024, 07:40 AM
Kerosene
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyCar
Great review. Love the looks of your Mini, but that interior would probably halt me from upgrading. Not a fan of nothing in front of the steering wheel-seems like a manufacturing cost cutting effort to more easily switch to right hand drive models. I imagine he heads up display would alleviate my concerns. (Didn't much care for the version before now as it looked tacked on.) Other than that-very nice!
The nice thing is that the speed display is at the top of the screen. And just off to the side of your vision. Instead of glancing somewhat downward at a speedometer in front of you, you look a bit over. I thought it would be a nuisance but it's not. I do find the headsup display more distracting. I tried it for an hour one day and it's been turned off ever since.

The following users liked this post:
ToyCar (08-06-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 12:34 PM
elkay
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyCar
Great review. Love the looks of your Mini, but that interior would probably halt me from upgrading. Not a fan of nothing in front of the steering wheel-seems like a manufacturing cost cutting effort to more easily switch to right hand drive models. I imagine he heads up display would alleviate my concerns. (Didn't much care for the version before now as it looked tacked on.) Other than that-very nice!
While I would have agreed in the past, the only 3 things I've looked at in recent years as far as dash are concerned are 1) Speed 2) Tach 3) Range. Speed is available in a much safer manner via the HUD so you only have to glance down slightly to see your speed, if even look down at all. Can see it with periphery vision. Tach is no longer necessary with an automatic. Range I don't need in front of me at all times. So I quickly grew on the clean look of the driver's side interior and don't miss having a cluster at all. This is just my opinion and I'm sure some will hate it, but I agree with the design decision at this point.

The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (08-03-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 12:37 PM
elkay
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerosene
Yep, no Homelink. It's gone. I velco taped my button in front of my storage bin. Completely hidden while seated in the driver/passenger seat and easy to reach.

I don't have the center console and was wondering what I was going to do, but both my garage and gate remotes fit almost perfectly in the gaps to the two sides of the charging pad clamp. Can be tapped without removing them. I won't use the charging pad, so I'm not worried about them getting in the way and honestly they probably still wouldn't, anyway.

Old 08-07-2024, 04:42 PM
spyked
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice new ride! I'm not in the market yet, but seeing these reviews and pics is getting me closer. I hope you can get one with a black headliner but without the gold/bronze trim around the front grill and on the interior trims, when my time comes. When I search online, it seems like their packages or trims aren't aligned to my preferences yet.

Old 08-16-2024, 04:39 AM
JayGee
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Really hoping they do a software update soon. Almost once a day, some part of the OS doesn't work when starting the car. I've had black screens from the speedometer, map, spotify, camera. Usually restarting the car fixes it, but really they need to fix some of these glitches before adding features.

Old 08-16-2024, 04:50 AM
Kerosene
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JayGee
Really hoping they do a software update soon. Almost once a day, some part of the OS doesn't work when starting the car. I've had black screens from the speedometer, map, spotify, camera. Usually restarting the car fixes it, but really they need to fix some of these glitches before adding features.
Same!

Old 08-25-2024, 05:01 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple issues we are running into- Music, GPS, Sunroof

Wife is experiencing the music dropping out if playing through her phone. GPS is off by 15 miles directly NE if that matters- it has our car 15 miles away on the map but tracking from there seems accurate. If we drive north it tracks us north just 15 miles off course which renders directions for NAV useless. Through Waze and carplay everything works fine. And finally the sunroof froze closed and will not move. Tried the reset by holding buttons open and closed, Nada. Dealer ordered a part for sunroof but seem stumped on the GPS./ NAV but they will check it out when its back in for the sunroof. Dealers seem to be just learning these cars as well.

Old 09-04-2024, 08:47 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
update. We found a few over the air updates and downloaded them. It fixed then nav. At the dealer now getting new sunroof switch mechanism. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by JDPaddle
Wife is experiencing the music dropping out if playing through her phone. GPS is off by 15 miles directly NE if that matters- it has our car 15 miles away on the map but tracking from there seems accurate. If we drive north it tracks us north just 15 miles off course which renders directions for NAV useless. Through Waze and carplay everything works fine. And finally the sunroof froze closed and will not move. Tried the reset by holding buttons open and closed, Nada. Dealer ordered a part for sunroof but seem stumped on the GPS./ NAV but they will check it out when its back in for the sunroof. Dealers seem to be just learning these cars as well.

Old 09-04-2024, 09:15 AM
Kerosene
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JDPaddle
update. We found a few over the air updates and downloaded them. It fixed then nav. At the dealer now getting new sunroof switch mechanism. Fingers crossed.
Hey JD,
Where did you find the updates? Theyre supposed to viewed via the MINI Connected app. I haven't seen anything yet.
thanks!

Old 09-07-2024, 06:46 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
sorry for the late response. Wife says she found them in the cars menu. one of the icons is for software updates and she did it from the car. Not the app on the phone.
hope that helps.