4th Generation MINIs Discuss the new EV Hardtop and ICE Hardtop models here.

ICE First time Mini Cooper owner - car on order!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024 | 05:34 PM
optimusoctopus
|
Neutral
Smile First time Mini Cooper owner - car on order!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forums for the last few weeks and figured I'd introduce myself. I've got my very first Mini on order, a 2025 Cooper S four (five?) door. Sadly, it's going to be several more weeks before it enters production, and then a while after that before I get it. I'm hoping before the end of November. Attached is a picture of what it's supposed to look like. I'm super excited for it to get here!

The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (09-11-2024)
Old 09-11-2024 | 07:23 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome and congrat, Nice specs!

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-13-2024 | 01:18 PM
Kerosene
1st Gear
Originally Posted by optimusoctopus
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forums for the last few weeks and figured I'd introduce myself. I've got my very first Mini on order, a 2025 Cooper S four (five?) door. Sadly, it's going to be several more weeks before it enters production, and then a while after that before I get it. I'm hoping before the end of November. Attached is a picture of what it's supposed to look like. I'm super excited for it to get here!

Are there different S models? Your front end looks cooler than my 2025 S!

Old 09-13-2024 | 01:21 PM
optimusoctopus
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by Kerosene
Are there different S models? Your front end looks cooler than my 2025 S!
Mine is a four-door with the "John Cooper Works Style" applied. My understanding, and I might be wrong as this is(will be) my first mini, is that the JCW style adds the JCW cosmetic items (different front bumper, different rear wing, different interior, and (most importantly) steering wheel paddle shifters (this is why I got this style). It doesn't change anything from a performance perspective. This style is only available on the four-door, presumably full JCW will be available as a two-door.

Old 09-13-2024 | 01:31 PM
Kerosene
1st Gear
Mine is a four-door with the "John Cooper Works Style" applied. My understanding, and I might be wrong as this is(will be) my first mini, is that the JCW style adds the JCW cosmetic items (different front bumper, different rear wing, different interior, and (most importantly) steering wheel paddle shifters (this is why I got this style). It doesn't change anything from a performance perspective. This style is only available on the four-door, presumably full JCW will be available as a two-door.
Ah, that makes sense. I see a swap happening in my future!

Old 09-15-2024 | 11:59 AM
DaveInBK
Neutral

There is one potential change to performance with this package - the JCW style package includes standard Dynamic Damper Control, the amplitude reactive shocks. I drove a Mini back to back with that package and didn't feel that significant of a difference, but they both had different tires, so it was hard to differentiate the effect of the dampers versus the tires.

Old 09-15-2024 | 12:50 PM
optimusoctopus
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by DaveInBK
There is one potential change to performance with this package - the JCW style package includes standard Dynamic Damper Control, the amplitude reactive shocks. I drove a Mini back to back with that package and didn't feel that significant of a difference, but they both had different tires, so it was hard to differentiate the effect of the dampers versus the tires.
I asked my sales person about this and he said the same thing, he had a hard time noticing the difference. I'm glad they're included, but wouldn't have minded if they weren't.

Old 09-15-2024 | 04:23 PM
JayGee
1st Gear
I can say that the DDC is worth it if you regularly drive on crappy patched up streets.

Old 09-20-2024 | 12:17 PM
RonzMini
1st Gear
My wife ordered hers in mid July and she picked it up today. She got the 4 door Iconic and sadly it looks like they deleted home lnik on the 2025 models. Do you know anything about that?

Old 09-20-2024 | 02:51 PM
optimusoctopus
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by RonzMini
My wife ordered hers in mid July and she picked it up today. She got the 4 door Iconic and sadly it looks like they deleted home lnik on the 2025 models. Do you know anything about that?
They did. It’s not supported any longer, which is a bummer.