Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

Chicagoland MINI spottings!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
aya aya :impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 PM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here Fishy Fishy

SPOTTED @ 6:30pm
Custom Paint Job and Graphics MCS parked in Four Flags Shopping Center in Niles. Left a Spotter Card.
Chicagoland MINI spottings!-070410-mini-spotting.jpg

As far as this thing ""... I don't know how it got there. Maybe it's the essence of my Motoring Spirit in virtual form?!?!
_____\______
____/___l____\__
___/____\____l__ \
___-----------___

Last edited by True Joy; 04-10-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Graphic Edit
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
^^ ooooo, now that's cool (and original)

Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
betawriter
Neutral
Hi! That's me. I was tickled pink to see the card on my window! I was at REI picking up a new pack for my next camping/roadtrip. This one is from a trip I took to Wyoming over Christmas.

I live in Evanston and commute to Motorola in Schaumburg most every day. So if you see me, it's probably on Golf Rd.

Uh, so HI!

Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Dielectric
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by betawriter
I live in Evanston and commute to Motorola in Schaumburg most every day. So if you see me, it's probably on Golf Rd.
Yup, I've seen you a couple of times in the morning on Golf. You probably don't notice me waving because I'm traveling at near-light speed most of the time. Your car looks great.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
DanC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by french_toaster
_____\______
____/___l____\__
___/____\____l__ \
___-----------___
Nice one Jon, i mean french toaster! Glad to see you out and about the MINI world. Blue fishey is a common sight along golf, nice gal, always throws a peace sign at you if you make eye contact while in the MINI.

Give me a call if you have a weekend free, maybe go upto the farnsworth house or something. I'm quiting my weekend gig next week so I'm looking forward to washing/driving my MINI regularly.

For those who are curious, FT and I are old college buds. I'd like to think I had a little something in luring him into the MINI world, along with the stars alignment.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
So if you see me, it's probably on Golf Rd.

Uh, so HI!

Haven't seen you on Golf Rd in while.. I don't leave work until after 6pm now.. I'm sure that has something to do with that. Hopefully we'll see you once this weather gets better

Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
betawriter
Neutral
Originally Posted by MiniMac2005
Haven't seen you on Golf Rd in while.. I don't leave work until after 6pm now.. I'm sure that has something to do with that. Hopefully we'll see you once this weather gets better
Hey! You're the one with the Mickey Mouse antenna thingamabob. I haven't seen you in a long time either. You turn...left...? on Waukegan? I know we both travel along Golf for quite some time.

Well, next time I see you, I'll know who you are. Kind of.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
True Joy
3rd Gear
kenchan,
Thanks for the compliment, but you sir need some kind of medal for 16K posts. Maybe a warp gear or something.

betawriter,
WOOHOO!!! I brought in a newbie to NAM!!! That is sooooo cool!!! I was at REI also, picking up a tent for MOTD! Did you happen to see a tall, blond walikng around. No? That's okay, I was the short Filipino dude in the B&W leather jacket.

Dan...I mean bjerk,
Recognize the Rene technique? LOL! Yup, Dan & I are college buds. I was his older shorter asian brother, and he was my younger taller sister. You can probably see a pic of us hamming it up in the Jelly Belly tour portion of the Spring Forward Drive. And yes my friend, I was interested in the MINI, and when you got yours, I was soooooo jealous. Good thing I had a car accident that retired my '96 Nissan Sentra (Fred - as in the Flintstones - was a good car). So you , the stars, and the Dumass in the Jeep Cherokee all aided the MINI selection.

MiniMac2005,
I figured out that your wife works at Lutheran Gen, but I could not figure out where you work. Also, I am going to MOTD. Maybe we should start a thread to unite all the Chicagoland participants because up until recently, I only knew Gabe was going. E-mail me at hotmail, same as my NAM name.

DANG! All this writing and no spot. Oh well....always nice chatting with MINI owners.

_____\______
____/___l_Q _\__
___/____\____l__ \
___-----------___

Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
kenchan,
Thanks for the compliment, but you sir need some kind of medal for 16K posts. Maybe a warp gear or something.
_____\______
____/___l_Q _\__
___/____\____l__ \
___-----------___
He needs to prove he exists and show up at a meet first

Old 04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
ernesto
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe we should start a thread to unite all the Chicagoland participants
Here is your Chicagoland MOTD meetup thread.. I know there are a handfull of people going.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 PM
zagadka
4th Gear
I think all of the people i regularly see in the Libertyville area aren't on here... bumtastic. meaning, bummer...

maybe just maybe one day i'll be spotted: "sassy lady in DS/W MCS with new tires"...i may have a comb over/ newscaster hair from having the windows down...but that's a fate i'm willing to accept.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Hey! You're the one with the Mickey Mouse antenna thingamabob. I haven't seen you in a long time either. You turn...left...? on Waukegan? I know we both travel along Golf for quite some time.

Well, next time I see you, I'll know who you are. Kind of.
someone recognizes me I still roll with that antenna topper! it actually matches the BRG I turn left at Shermer Rd and head north a little. I work just south of 90 and Arlington Hts Rd. Love that Suicide Circle

yeah.. haven't seen you in some time.. I think the last time was in DEC... it was already dark so I wasn't sure if you recognized me.. stealth MINI

Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
MiniMac2005,
I figured out that your wife works at Lutheran Gen, but I could not figure out where you work. Also, I am going to MOTD. Maybe we should start a thread to unite all the Chicagoland participants because up until recently, I only knew Gabe was going. E-mail me at hotmail, same as my NAM name.

_____\______
____/___l_Q _\__
___/____\____l__ \
___-----------___
Originally Posted by ernesto
Here is your Chicagoland MOTD meetup thread.. I know there are a handfull of people going.
Hey FT... yup, she works there... really convenient for us. I wish I worked closer to home so I'd have more time to motor yup again.. doing MOTD for the 2nd year in a row the CMMC crew is together again to tame the Dragon and plan on taking it easy this year.. another run on the Dragon in the rain?!?!? we'll see. including myself, we have 10 going. Unfortunately, we're not caravaning together going there, but we should be leaving together. We're all staying at Fontana, hopefully our cabins are next to each other. I'll add you to our MOTD email list.

Thanks Steve for the link we've been emailing each other for.. well... since JAN in anticipation of MOTD. Here's a pic of us from the Farewell Dinner last year :

Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 PM
amorican
4th Gear
Yes

Ken, indeed, nice meeting you too. I just wish you had your car with you, I love what you have done with it! It was nice meeting up with a fellow MINI enthusiast. I used to be so heavily involved in the Porsche Club (trying to sell my last car right now) and have never even really considered following the same path with this community. Maybe that will change.
TJM

Originally Posted by kenchan
i spotted JB/B amorican at target schaumburg 12:30pm today.
nice seeing ya.

<= wats with this thing?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Hi amorican. Thanks on the compliment. My MCS is going to be 5yrs old this summer. Time flies. looks like before you know it you will have tons of bells and whistles on yours.

Hey motoron- I do exist, just ask amorican.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Spotted :
  • IB/W MC parked @ s/w corner of Golf Rd/River Rd @ 9:00am
  • HO/B MCSC eb- Golf Rd/Elmhurst Rd @ 9:10am - I think you waved

Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
  • CR/B Ela Rd 0710-Thanks for the wave!
  • BRG MCc Ela Rd 0715-ignored due to cell phone. Glad it wasn't you Francis Young female instead
  • HB/W RT12@RT59 0730-ignored

Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
pdflint
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wednesday spotted a CR/W MCS parked at the Metra lot on 115th street.

Today
7:15 AM - PW/B MCSC on the inbound Ike. Waved, but no response.
7:45 AM - '07 PW/B MCS southbound on Stony Island around 63rd St. Waved, again, no response.

My first time seeing an '07 MCS on the road. I don't know if its the color of the aluminum rear suspension, but the rear of the car looked like it was jacked up on air shocks.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM
ernesto
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a wave from CoolBlue2 at Rt. 41 and Rt. 22!!

She didn't have the convertible top open this morning

Old 04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
minizaz
2nd Gear
R56 Alert - Spotted a CR/W MCS with bonnet stripes about to head east bound on Old Orchard Rd from south bound Skokie Blvd around 12:40 PM today.

I flashed my lights and waved but no response.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM
PiercedMini
3rd Gear
I got the same responce from her yesterday. 07' CW MCS on Emerson/Golf in evanston around 5:30pm

Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
PiercedMini
3rd Gear
Also have a newer regular blue with a white top MC just moved into my building. That makes three mini's in one underground garage!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
CoolBlue2
Neutral
While in town last week I took my wife's Mini out for a drive. Hey, I'm in TX most of the time and often hear her talking about other Mini’s who chose not to courtesy wave (nor acknowledge), well... I totally experienced it first hand!! Whew, does this person sound familiar?

Pulled up next to a CR/W MCS with bonnet stripes while sitting at a light while talking on my cell in the North burbs on RT 41 last Monday afternoon. Waved, but the lady totally didn't wave, acknowledge or otherwise as we sat side by side simply waiting for the light to change... who does that?

Know what, Mini owners should learn the Mini Etiquette... properly waving, smiling, flashing lights and/or something creative and fun is the minimum required response when encountering other Minis on the road... hey, I don't make up the rules, they were established in the 50's...

Keith (CoolBlue2's other half)

Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 AM
Dielectric
2nd Gear
Last week I was running about 50% on the wave-return tally. Most guys will wave back, most ladies won't.

Quick Reply: Chicagoland MINI spottings!