Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:01 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
it just now ocurred to me, is there any sort of prize for that creep ( oops I meant our good buddy) MC Will who keeps hogging ( oops, there I go again, keeps winning) the prizes that we set up??

Can we just let our contests dwindle away like this??
I'm not a creep!!!

I do recall someone saying the next prize should be for the first page 100 post, but never recall anyone offering anything up. So, I guess I am just waiting on one prize and not two. Maybe just the joy of winning is enough.

This heatwave we are going through is crazy. But I'll take it over what most of you are experiencing. I feel your pain; it's why I moved out of Indiana in the first place.

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:08 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Could be high settings... hard to say.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here.
Yes, thank you.

Checked that Smiley Central Program again, it was not a Hueristic Detection, but the real thing.

You can read a report on it and what it does here:

http://www.avira.com/en/threats/sect...search.au.html

Probably more annoying than dangerous as Viruses go, being static,
and perhaps if you just removed its registry edits, hooks and malicious text files you could use it without the cost.

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:09 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
I'm not a creep!!!

I do recall someone saying the next prize should be for the first page 100 post, but never recall anyone offering anything up. So, I guess I am just waiting on one prize and not two. Maybe just the joy of winning is enough.

This heatwave we are going through is crazy. But I'll take it over what most of you are experiencing. I feel your pain; it's why I moved out of Indiana in the first place.
So what's the next post target? Pages aren't good - an unscrupulous apple could edit their previous post........... never mind..

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pilotart
Yes, thank you.

Checked that Smiley Central Program again, it was not a Hueristic Detection, but the real thing.

You can read a report on it and what it does here:

http://www.avira.com/en/threats/sect...search.au.html

Probably more annoying than dangerous as Viruses go, being static,
and perhaps if you just removed its registry edits, hooks and malicious text files you could use it without the cost.
We can't take away Gem's new smiley faces. PS- I don't know what any of that stuff meant on the link.

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:27 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
So what's the next post target? Pages aren't good - an unscrupulous apple could edit their previous post........... never mind..
Post 3000 seems like a natural goal (since we blew right through 2500).

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I'm not a creep!!!

MCWill- you have NO pics in your gallery. You don't feel comfortable enough with us yet to share anything? (I guess you did post a couple pics of Daisy and Cooper but...) I think most all of us (at least the regulars) have SOMETHING posted there. You're not feeling the love?
Here's some-

It's kind of cold here today too... although I don't think it will get as cold as it was a week or two ago. Precisely why I don't live in Maine.

Last night I watched American Idol and they played the Aquarius song when there was one of the free spirited nudie wanna be girls (pink dress). Anyway, got to thinking about "Aquarius" and realized that we MISSED Apple's BIRTHDAY! Maybe someone would like to throw her a party?

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Post 3000 seems like a natural goal (since we blew right through 2500).

I'll just keep posting my "dumb posts".

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I didn't even think to look in my own back yard!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...82-post14.html

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:38 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
MCWill- you have NO pics in your gallery. You don't feel comfortable enough with us yet to share anything? (I guess you did post a couple pics of Daisy and Cooper but...) I think most all of us (at least the regulars) have SOMETHING posted there. You're not feeling the love?
Here's some-

It's kind of cold here today too... although I don't think it will get as cold as it was a week or two ago. Precisely why I don't live in Maine.

Last night I watched American Idol and they played the Aquarius song when there was one of the free spirited nudie wanna be girls (pink dress). Anyway, got to thinking about "Aquarius" and realized that we MISSED Apple's BIRTHDAY! Maybe someone would like to throw her a party?
I have various pics posted throughout various threads of my 2 MINIs, the wheels on both, and the dogs. I suppose I could put them in my gallery as well.

We watched AI last night too (and Hell's Kitchen, which I just love). I don't think anyone here wants to throw Apple a party, we just want to throw things AT her.

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:43 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I have various pics posted throughout various threads of my 2 MINIs, the wheels on both, and the dogs. I suppose I could put them in my gallery as well.

We watched AI last night too (and Hell's Kitchen, which I just love). I don't think anyone here wants to throw Apple a party, we just want to throw things AT her.
Hell's Kitchen? That guy seems crazy and scary! (Even makes Simon look like a sweetheart!)

I like the Aquarius song from "40 Year Old Virgin".

Sikamini- Did you get your baby all clean and shiny? Can you still feel your fingers?

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:49 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hell's Kitchen? That guy seems crazy and scary! (Even makes Simon look like a sweetheart!)

Sikamini- Did you get your baby all clean and shiny? Can you still feel your fingers?
Working on it right now! Just came in to check what was new!

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:54 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear

The thing I like about both Simon and Gordon Ramsey is that they both tell it like it is. They love what they do, and don't want to accept crap, like so many people do. So if it isn't any good, they'll tell you, and maybe not in such a nice way. Gordon seems a little harsh at times, but if you notice, the things he complains about are legitimate: undercooked food, burnt food, risotto made with sugar instead of salt, and so on. I used to work in Purchasing for Food and Beverage in hotels, and I can tell you, working in a kitchen is hard work! But the things these "chefs" try to get away with on the show with Gordon is crazy. The stress is enormous, but come on!

And surely you'd heard "Aquarius" before 40 Year Old Virgin!

Old 01-30-2009 | 01:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:06 PM
miniola
6th Gear
The thing I like about both Simon and Gordon Ramsey is that they both tell it like it is. They love what they do, and don't want to accept crap, like so many people do. So if it isn't any good, they'll tell you, and maybe not in such a nice way. Gordon seems a little harsh at times, but if you notice, the things he complains about are legitimate: undercooked food, burnt food, risotto made with sugar instead of salt, and so on. I used to work in Purchasing for Food and Beverage in hotels, and I can tell you, working in a kitchen is hard work! But the things these "chefs" try to get away with on the show with Gordon is crazy. The stress is enormous, but come on!

And surely you'd heard "Aquarius" before 40 Year Old Virgin!
Well, perhaps I had heard it when I was very young... but I especially liked the rendition at the end of the movie.

Old 01-30-2009 | 02:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
We can't take away Gem's new smiley faces. PS- I don't know what any of that stuff meant on the link.
yes now i'm scared and want to delete my smilies....

HI all i'm back -gone all day fluffling, and trying to catch up.

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
CRIME FIGHTING COOPER… the MINI SERIES (5)
So there’s a cop… he's pulled over and talking to “dog pooping guy”. We’re still all hyped up but we’ve lost the perps in the BLUE CAR. Uh, thanks for getting here so quickly (insert green roll-eyes guy). I pull up and ask if he was the one that was sent out for our call and he replied, “Yes”. I explain that we tried to follow as long as we could but that we eventually lost them. He tells us that he was in another area looking for this activity… so basically the play by play that we were giving dispatch wasn’t following through.

I briefly explain what we saw in the woods and express my concern to the cop that I don’t think this was just a case of kids hanging out there. I tell him that we can show him where they came out and maybe he can check it out. He says “Ok” but I feel a bit like, “What if I’ve been over-reactive?”. I’m sure we’ve all had that feeling from time to time when something is happening and we wonder if we are doing the right thing. "Should we just mind our own business? Should we trust our instincts? What if the instincts are wrong?" Well, I was willing to take the risk and look like a fool rather than potentially let something go and find out later that I could have done something.

“FOLLOW ME!", I say. Dog pooping guy watches the cop leave with us. So here’s the problem. I’m not a cop and I don’t have cop lights to turn on. It’s important to get back to “the scene” but I’m afraid to speed! LOL! I’ve got a cop behind me that can pull me over for speeding at any time… because that WOULD be a crime. Uggh… I forgot to ask for permission to drive faster. So the cop is right on my butt and I’m trying not to go more than 5-7 mph over. SO stupid… but I don’t know what else to do… call dispatch and ask if they can call the cop behind me to see if I can go faster? Thankfully it wasn’t too far… probably about 4 miles or so.

We’re on the TWISTY and again… it’s dark. I am dying to go faster... just hurry up and get there before the bad guys get rid of whatever they had. As I mentioned before, we were in a rush to follow them and were trying to find landmarks for the exact location to come back to. “There’s a green power box… is that it? No the median was closer than that. Is that it up there? It looks like that could be the pond… but maybe it was one before?” And on top of it all I have a cop that’s ready to run over me! “This looks like the place!” I pull over and we get out of the car. The cop gets out his big flashlight and we’re walking around looking for fresh tire tracks. We tell him, “We think it’s back there!” and as he shines his big flashlight along the edge of the pond we can see that some of the grass looks like it’s recently been pressed down by tires. Then looking on the curb and street there are signs of a bit of fresh grass… bet this is it.

The cop says he’ll go check it out and he gets in his cruiser. We get back in our car and wait. He drives over the curb and starts heading down toward the woods very slowly. He turns on the spotlight on the side of his car and continues driving… VERY SLOWLY… but he doesn’t stop. In fact, to us, it doesn’t look like he sees anything at all! He doesn’t get out of the car in the area where we saw the car come out and he just continues driving all the way around the pond.

So the husband and I talk about it and figure that if there had been anything there, the cop probably would have stopped… and since he didn’t… well, guess we’ll just go home. We decide that we did our part by showing him the location and we’ll just never know if there was anything or not. BUT… it sure was exciting! We head home.

Once home, the husband jumps in the shower and I jump in the tub. We’ve got our PJ’s on and are ready to reheat the pizza (which was salvageable BTW) and watch a little TV before we go to bed. We continue the conversation about how weird the whole thing was and what happened. I am concerned now that since these people “got away”… they could be driving around the area looking for our car. We decide that the husband will take the MINI to work for awhile (since he drives to work going the opposite way) and I’ll drive the other car.

It’s been a bit more than an hour and the pizza is being re-heated… we are totally bummed out. Oh well… no regrets, right?

AND THEN THE PHONE RINGS… it’s the cop!

YUP! It goes very well together!

Last edited by miniola; 01-30-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2009 | 03:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
My smilies are now gone
but appreciate the info!

ok alot of ground was covered today, in a nutshell, no I don't want to throw a party for Apple, yes i do want to throw something at her!
I really like the show Hell's Kitchen, it is true, sometimes hurtful but true!
I'm really confused on Apply's identity.
and it is so dam cold here and supposed to be worse tomorrow and add wind on top of it all!
Let's see, did i miss anything? oh yeah post 3000 - wow that will be here soon. MCwill put some photos in your gallery. Besides I did give you a trophy for the 100 page, hum does that go unnoticed????
Ola, I'm on my knees saying please add more to the story...

think that's it for now, going out for pizza tonight... be back later!!! Anyone want some?

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:08 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ola- I guess saying please gets me everywhere... now reading and then going for pizza...

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:16 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ask and you shall receive! Enjoy your pizza 'cause you're gonna be pissed when you still don't know what's "out there"!

One more... tomorrow. (tee hee)

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ola-please please please don't stop now!!!! please continue.... it's friday night and you can stay up late.... i didn't even call for the pizza yet...what did the cop say? what is in the woods?? why did he just drive away???????

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:27 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Ola-please please please don't stop now!!!! please continue.... it's friday night and you can stay up late.... i didn't even call for the pizza yet...what did the cop say? what is in the woods?? why did he just drive away???????
I'll just say that the cop was VERY thankful... and .

Enough with my DUMB posts for today.

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:31 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I'll just say that the cop was VERY thankful... and .

Enough with my DUMB posts for today.
You tease!!!!!!!!!!!

gone for pizza...

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:46 PM
skillet
6th Gear
I think it was "0101001" (but I'd have to go check again)...
You mean like this?

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-0101001.jpg  
Old 01-30-2009 | 03:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OMG!

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:56 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
You are SUCH a tease, 'OLA!!!!!!

But I have a technical question...Do you have TWO full baths, or was this a kama sutra thing...? I refer to:
Once home, the husband jumps in the shower and I jump in the tub....

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...