Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 04:12 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
My smilies are now gone
but appreciate the info!

Let's see, did i miss anything? oh yeah post 3000 - wow that will be here soon. MCwill put some photos in your gallery. Besides I did give you a trophy for the 100 page, hum does that go unnoticed????
Oh yeah! Thanks! It was very nice of you.

Old 01-30-2009 | 04:17 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
You are SUCH a tease, 'OLA!!!!!!

But I have a technical question...Do you have TWO full baths, or was this a kama sutra thing...? I refer to:
TWO. But we have sep tub/shower in master... sorry... we're boring.

Old 01-30-2009 | 04:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
TWO. But we have sep tub/shower in master... sorry... we're boring.
Just yankin' your chain, sweetie...

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:17 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Just yankin' your chain, sweetie...
Trust me... I was not offended in the slightest. Actually I thought the question was legit and it made me laugh! I can usually tell when someone is joking.

But there was a comment from someone else today that I thought was pretty rude. Almost decided to not write anything else... but then I figured I'd just make him suffer. (Guess it's a him?)

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:21 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Trust me... I was not offended in the slightest. Actually I thought the question was legit and it made me laugh! I can usually tell when someone is joking.

But there was a comment from someone else today that I thought was pretty rude. Almost decided to not write anything else... but then I figured I'd just make him suffer. (Guess it's a him?)
Talkin' about the "don't have to read her dumb posts" quip? I'm almost positive he (she? it?) was referring to Apple, NOT you. How COULD he??? Your stories are such cliffhangers!!!

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:26 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Talkin' about the "don't have to read her dumb posts" quip? I'm almost positive he (she? it?) was referring to Apple, NOT you. How COULD he??? Your stories are such cliffhangers!!!
Was wondering if that was the intention... but in reading back through and keeping it in the context of the conversation prior to (my internet going bad... no one hearing from me for more story) it made more sense that he was talking about me. Perhaps not... but I've asked for clarification. I don't think my posts are any more "dumb" than anyone else's... but I am biased.

Actually, the thought had crossed my mind that it could be Apple... you know, starting "fresh" and all. But there's not enough bragging in any of the posts!

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
You mean like this?

Gotta love that Google Earth "Street View"!

Nice photoshop BTW.

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:36 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
The thing I like about both Simon and Gordon Ramsey is that they both tell it like it is. They love what they do, and don't want to accept crap, like so many people do. So if it isn't any good, they'll tell you, and maybe not in such a nice way. Gordon seems a little harsh at times, but if you notice, the things he complains about are legitimate: undercooked food, burnt food, risotto made with sugar instead of salt, and so on. I used to work in Purchasing for Food and Beverage in hotels, and I can tell you, working in a kitchen is hard work! But the things these "chefs" try to get away with on the show with Gordon is crazy. The stress is enormous, but come on!

And surely you'd heard "Aquarius" before 40 Year Old Virgin!
Hi MCWill,,,,!! I agree with you 100%, I like people who say it like it is. I tend to be a little blunt... my only wish is that I could learn to "sweeten it" just a bit.
And I hope to heck you know my creep comment was in fun??? If no one offers you up a prize I could send you one of my new shiny nekked trolls?? It has sparkly pink hair for good luck......
But so help me if you win anymore of our competitions I will hunt you down in sunny san diego and take a picture of you....!!!!

And I am reading all of these posts for the first time right now and it appears I have a sick doggie,, he acts like he is in real pain so I will catch up a little later.... sorry Miniola for not chiming in this afternoon I have had a really busy week,,,,,but I will get back on asa I can.....

Old 01-30-2009 | 05:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh no cabwy... which one is it? The one that tripped you and that you almost wounded the other night?

Old 01-30-2009 | 07:00 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
RE: the
"don't have to read her dumb posts" quip? I'm almost positive he (she? it?) was referring to Apple, NOT you. How COULD he??? Your stories are such cliffhangers!!!
FWIW, I also immediatly assumed it referred to cybergypsy/apple/sandy and the thought of never reading any more of her posts was pleasant.

Yes, miniola sure spins a good tale!!!

Old 01-30-2009 | 07:27 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pilotart
RE: the
FWIW, I also immediatly assumed it referred to cybergypsy/apple/sandy and the thought of never reading any more of her posts was pleasant.

Yes, miniola sure spins a good tale!!!
Aww shucks... you're too sweet.

Old 01-30-2009 | 07:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
cabwy- Hope your pooch is ok.

And just for the record... I think everyone knows that cabwy loves her MCWill.

Calling it a day... at least on the computer.

Goodnight all.

Old 01-30-2009 | 08:55 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Well, if your binary is right, that is the binary for 86, which is "V" in ascii... so um... why would she want that?

Also... binary's not a mac or pc thing, it's an old school puter nerd thing. I had to ask one of the brain trust boys what it meant because a google search only turned up that it was the title of a song by a group called "binary". Ah... the irony.
When I Googled it tonight it came up the number 41 and the character ). How hold is she? Is she a smiling 41? Who knows?

No. 41 / Binary 0101001 / and symbol ) in ASCII code.

I need to keep reading, I have fallen behind......

Old 01-30-2009 | 09:21 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
3000 posts the next goal? Sounds good, but if MCwill wins another one I think his prize should be he has to make the next 10 or more posts of him and his MINI!!!

Oh and minola, thanks for more story! For a minute I thought you may have gone Apple on us!! LOL

gemgirlpa, sorry the smilies didn't work out for ya, but I am always weary of places like smiley central. Oh well what, are you gonna do?

Old 01-30-2009 | 09:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I wonder how old this pic is... before or after the foreclosure?

On Google Earth, they used to have my house and then they went back to an old pic for some reason. I've lived here for 3 years and it just shows dirt.
Looking at Google Earth you can see when the pic. was taken by looking at the bottom of the screen. This pic. looks like it was taken in Nov. 2004, 5 Years for a Foreclosure?? She's fed someone another line!!

Old 01-30-2009 | 09:58 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Oh man, I have to wait until tomorrow for another installment? And to top it off, I will be away from the computer for part of the day as I will be taking my first piano lesson in ...... well the number of years really don't matter. I do however suspect that I will be the oldest person in class. Fine, but I will be able to reach the pedals, neener neener.

I have signed up for lessons at the local community center each Saturday for the next six weeks. My piano really needs tuned again as the new strings are stretching out. I figure that I will be so bad in the beginning that more than likely I will not notice the difference anyway. Besides, if I tune it a few weeks from now, it will sound like I have greatly improved.

Well, nite nite to all.

A fond farewell to today, a warm welcome to tomorrow. The sunset of a beautiful part of the past, and the sunrise of a bright new future.

No limits but the sky.

Old 01-31-2009 | 04:13 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
good morning everyone/peeps/masses/and NAM addicts

I had a lousy night. My poor pup is really under the weather and will take him to the vet this morning. He has a fever and shakes all of the time and seems to have some serious pain in his stomach or intestinal area. This guy is like Hoover- sucks up everything he sees before taking time to analyze it so I hope this isn't some sort of ingested blackage.
I ended up putting him on the couch and spooning him and one of my Mexican wool blankets wrapped around him. ( I have such a stiff neck this morning form the position, ha)
And 'Ola,, no it isn't the one who knocked me down the stairs (although he was right there adding to the chaos) and no, he isn't the one who was afraid I would fall on him the other night,,,,*L* This is the male cocker and his name is Sweet Pete.
We woke up abruptly early am to the sound of a dog fight. I made him a special bed in the kitchen right by the heat source and I guess Lacey tried to get on his bed. He is one grumpy dog today! so, now I sit and wait for the vets to open!!

Okay, Re: the mini series: I love it!! What a cliff hanger!! We all should give our guesses on what is "out there? I think that could be our next contest????

anyways,,, I think the cop was driving around the perimeter because he came up upon a huge area of a "marijuana garden"
Later after this series is over I will tell you guys about my farming days and what these people would do to our crops. ( normal, legal crops!)

skillet, you amaze me with what you (and your "cohort,, heheh, can't leave THAT person out!) have been able to find out. Have you noticed that Sandy is laying low on the other forums? I haven't had time to keep an eye on it this week.
kiki- OMG your farewell was beautiful!! I guess coz I am tired and sore and worried it made me a little misty..... we have a lot of real talent on this thread.
RJ you make a good point.....how can you get current google earth prints???

GEM-- so sorry about your smileys,,,, I too, had looked at the smiley central a while back and my viral warnings started popping up immediately. I didn't notice where yours came from or I would have warned you too. I actually thought as pilotart and that I had my setting too agressive.

Just keep looking for the free normal ones,, they are out there. It is funny I go to a couple of my old forums and ****** some form them!! and I keep thinking that I should go back through this site and copy and save all of miniola's smileys,, they are my favorite with their little skinny feets and hands,... hahaha pkay now you have no doubt that I am totally addicted to this....* insert rabid maniacal laughter**

Old 01-31-2009 | 04:28 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
"Dumb posts"? And you are referring to... ???

And honey, I really think he/she was referring to Apple,, even before this ever started (and remember that I am a recent addition to NAM) I was already sick to death of reading her posts and listening to her bragging and unneccesary needling of people. Esp after she sold her mini and then started gloating about her Bimmer which most on here couldn't give a rat's a** about....

I think the danger on here is you hit new post thinking your reply will follow the one you just read but someitmes 3-4 or 5 show up at the same time and then your post which you thought made sense all of a suddon doesn't sound too clear..... hopefully this is the case.

'Ola you don't get off that easily so get on here and give up the next part of the series!!! please please please,,, but maybe wait til this afternoon so I don't miss it like I missed last night's......
Okay that might be a selfish request,,,,,,sorry,, got carried away.....

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Oh man, I have to wait until tomorrow for another installment? And to top it off, I will be away from the computer for part of the day as I will be taking my first piano lesson in ...... well the number of years really don't matter. I do however suspect that I will be the oldest person in class. Fine, but I will be able to reach the pedals, neener neener.

I have signed up for lessons at the local community center each Saturday for the next six weeks. My piano really needs tuned again as the new strings are stretching out. I figure that I will be so bad in the beginning that more than likely I will not notice the difference anyway. Besides, if I tune it a few weeks from now, it will sound like I have greatly improved.
That's awesome Kiki!!! Congrats to YOU! Once you get the rusty bits taken care of, you MUST post a sample of your improvements!

Originally Posted by cabwy
I had a lousy night. My poor pup is really under the weather and will take him to the vet this morning. He has a fever and shakes all of the time and seems to have some serious pain in his stomach or intestinal area. This guy is like Hoover- sucks up everything he sees before taking time to analyze it so I hope this isn't some sort of ingested blackage.
I ended up putting him on the couch and spooning him and one of my Mexican wool blankets wrapped around him. ( I have such a stiff neck this morning form the position, ha)....We woke up abruptly early am to the sound of a dog fight. I made him a special bed in the kitchen right by the heat source and I guess Lacey tried to get on his bed. He is one grumpy dog today! so, now I sit and wait for the vets to open!!

....Just keep looking for the free normal ones,, they are out there. It is funny I go to a couple of my old forums and ****** some form them!! and I keep thinking that I should go back through this site and copy and save all of miniola's smileys,, they are my favorite with their little skinny feets and hands,... hahaha pkay now you have no doubt that I am totally addicted to this....* insert rabid maniacal laughter**
Cabwy - sorry to hear about the pup. I hope everything goes well for him today. I always advocate pet owners finding (and periodically keeping changes posted to hours, location, etc.) their local emergency vet when they first move to an area --- I've had some very very bad experiences when I didn't do that.

And YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Ever since I joined NAM, I've kept a running list of awesome smilies (with tiny sample pics - freeze screen) from everybody on NAM. And just because I CAN do it:

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:26 AM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Cabwy - sorry to hear about the pup. I hope everything goes well for him today. I always advocate pet owners finding (and periodically keeping changes posted to hours, location, etc.) their local emergency vet when they first move to an area --- I've had some very very bad experiences when I didn't do that.
Cabwy - I am sending good thoughts your way too. And x uh oh x excellent point about the Vet information. Our local Children's Hospital hands out little magnetic write-on signs that go on your refridgerator door so as to have your "child's" medical contact information handi. No one ever said that the child could not have four legs and an excessive amount of hair. In times of emergency I don't have to try to find the information I just grab it off the fridge.

Krissy is thinking of Pete too and saying little doggie prayers.

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:36 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
3000 posts the next goal? Sounds good, but if MCwill wins another one I think his prize should be he has to make the next 10 or more posts of him and his MINI!!!
That sounds more like a punishment than a prize!

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:42 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
That sounds more like a punishment than a prize!
GIFT HORSE....MOUTH....DON'T LOOK!!!!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:53 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED

Oh and minola, thanks for more story! For a minute I thought you may have gone Apple on us!! LOL

gemgirlpa, sorry the smilies didn't work out for ya, but I am always weary of places like smiley central. Oh well what, are you gonna do?

Thanks appreciate the information and oh well, but where did you get these smiles? can i have them?????

I'm still catching up from last night, but MINIOLA, I can't imagine anyone calling your posts dumb, i also think it was Apple they were talking about, Now for the ones that love you and this fantastic story, I need, NEED I tell you, and answer, what is in the woods??

Cabwy, OMG who is sick what is happening, you know how i feel about animals, I hope he/she is ok! Please inform...

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:56 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse

A fond farewell to today, a warm welcome to tomorrow. The sunset of a beautiful part of the past, and the sunrise of a bright new future.

No limits but the sky.
I love that! -Beautiful! thanks...

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:00 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
My opinion, I don't think Apple is intense enouth to use or understand Binary System, hell she paints her toe nails all day and posts on the internet, so my take on her plate is January 1, 2001... the day the world was "supposed to come to an end"... in her mind....

just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...