Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:02 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Wow! This thread's still going? I haven't dropped in for a week or two, did I miss anything? Anyone want to recap?

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:05 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIdave
Wow! This thread's still going? I haven't dropped in for a week or two, did I miss anything? Anyone want to recap?
BOY are YOU asking for a lot!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 09:04 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
And just because I CAN do it:
Where did you get the spinning MINI from, and could I get one to match my MINI; Dark silver with a white roof?

Old 01-31-2009 | 09:06 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
3000 posts the next goal? Sounds good, but if MCwill wins another one I think his prize should be he has to make the next 10 or more posts of him and his MINI!!!

Oh and minola, thanks for more story! For a minute I thought you may have gone Apple on us!! LOL

gemgirlpa, sorry the smilies didn't work out for ya, but I am always weary of places like smiley central. Oh well what, are you gonna do?
You are welcome! "Going Apple" meaning not delivering ... surely there must be a "Going Postal" joke in there somewhere. PS I liked your summary... very intuitive!

Old 01-31-2009 | 09:50 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
good morning everyone/peeps/masses/and NAM addicts

I had a lousy night. My poor pup is really under the weather and will take him to the vet this morning. He has a fever and shakes all of the time and seems to have some serious pain in his stomach or intestinal area. This guy is like Hoover- sucks up everything he sees before taking time to analyze it so I hope this isn't some sort of ingested blackage.
I ended up putting him on the couch and spooning him and one of my Mexican wool blankets wrapped around him. ( I have such a stiff neck this morning form the position, ha)
And 'Ola,, no it isn't the one who knocked me down the stairs (although he was right there adding to the chaos) and no, he isn't the one who was afraid I would fall on him the other night,,,,*L* This is the male cocker and his name is Sweet Pete.
We woke up abruptly early am to the sound of a dog fight. I made him a special bed in the kitchen right by the heat source and I guess Lacey tried to get on his bed. He is one grumpy dog today! so, now I sit and wait for the vets to open!!

Okay, Re: the mini series: I love it!! What a cliff hanger!! We all should give our guesses on what is "out there? I think that could be our next contest????

anyways,,, I think the cop was driving around the perimeter because he came up upon a huge area of a "marijuana garden"
Later after this series is over I will tell you guys about my farming days and what these people would do to our crops. ( normal, legal crops!)

skillet, you amaze me with what you (and your "cohort,, heheh, can't leave THAT person out!) have been able to find out. Have you noticed that Sandy is laying low on the other forums? I haven't had time to keep an eye on it this week.
kiki- OMG your farewell was beautiful!! I guess coz I am tired and sore and worried it made me a little misty..... we have a lot of real talent on this thread.
RJ you make a good point.....how can you get current google earth prints???

GEM-- so sorry about your smileys,,,, I too, had looked at the smiley central a while back and my viral warnings started popping up immediately. I didn't notice where yours came from or I would have warned you too. I actually thought as pilotart and that I had my setting too agressive.

Just keep looking for the free normal ones,, they are out there. It is funny I go to a couple of my old forums and ****** some form them!! and I keep thinking that I should go back through this site and copy and save all of miniola's smileys,, they are my favorite with their little skinny feets and hands,... hahaha pkay now you have no doubt that I am totally addicted to this....* insert rabid maniacal laughter**
Is he pooping? If he's not pooping then I think a vet visit is definately in order. My Jackie gets really sick acting and shaky after she eats a hairball or kitty poo poo. I know it's gross but even though we've been able to keep her from the litter... she scoffs up the hairballs like a madwoman. Her guts make these awful rumbling sounds. We give her Pepto... we call it her "medicine" and we use a straw, suck up the Pepto through the straw and blow the Pepto through toward the back of her throat. Sometimes we do a second dose so we get a new straw and do it all over again. The Pepto is never contaminated. It usually always works after a second dose. But if your pooch is blocked... ughh.

kiki- Have fun with your piano lessons. I laugh at your comment about touching the floor. I'm not sure I would be able to even now!

RJ- Do you know why Google has gone back to some of the old pics?

Skillet- I am wondering if THAT house is actually the house for the # you have. I'll look into it later. I'm just typing from memory yesterday and haven't gone back to check.

MINI dave- YOU are funny. No, he doesn't have it... nothing to see... nothing to see...

Thank you to all the good people on here. You make me smile.

Gem- I get my free smiley faces from (pics 4 ever .com). There are many FREE smiley faces. Usually I open another page with that link open... so I have this open and the smiley page open. It says to insert the code for different applications but I just click on the picture I want, right click, copy, come back here, right click and paste into my message. I am sure that RG knows that this is not the proper way... but it's the way I figured out that works.

Please feel free to copy any of my stolen free smiley faces! I'd love to see more of them. (BTW- these are my personal favorite style). I think there are some really cool ones on (millan .net)... but I haven't bought any of those yet. It's pretty cheap but just haven't done it. I love the expressions on those. SO cute.

Hope I didn't forget anyone... if I did, please forgive me. I am being rushed. I have to go... got lots of stuff to do. I won't be posting until later tonight.

I like the idea of a contest for guessing what was in the woods! Sounds fun.

Last edited by miniola; 02-02-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2009 | 10:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Gem- I get my free smiley faces from (pics 4 ever .com). There are many FREE smiley faces. Usually I open another page with that link open... so I have this open and the smiley page open. It says to insert the code for different applications but I just click on the picture I want, right click, copy, come back here, right click and paste into my message. I am sure that RG knows that this is not the proper way... but it's the way I figured out that works.

Please feel free to copy any of my stolen free smiley faces! I'd love to see more of them. (BTW- these are my personal favorite style). I think there are some really cool ones on (millan .net)... but I haven't bought any of those yet. It's pretty cheap but just haven't done it. I love the expressions on those. SO cute.

Hope I didn't forget anyone... if I did, please forgive me. I am being rushed. I have to go... got lots of stuff to do. I won't be posting until later tonight.

I like the idea of a contest for guessing what was in the woods! Sounds fun.

Let's try this... hey this works!!! thanks, not as easy as the last but better then having a virus...

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok the MINI SERIES CONTEST IS ON...

my guess of what is in the woods is...hum... I think if the cops would have left and not stayed and called peramedics, then it's not a body.
My guess is a party area, empty beer bottles, and some marijuana plants?

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:26 AM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
That sounds more like a punishment than a prize!

Oh I see how you are, you I was thinking you could share the wealth with the rest of us!

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Thanks appreciate the information and oh well, but where did you get these smiles? can i have them?????

All accept the shrug smiley was from NAM, the shruger I got from here. I have to warn you some are, shall we say, risky. To get them just right-click on the image that you want, then go to properties, highlight the address URL (example: http://whatever/pic/you/want), then hold the CTRL key and press C. Next post a reply on NAM, click the insert image button (it looks like two mountains and a sun to me) When it askes you to enter an address hold CTRL and press V, and now you have hunted down a cool smiley!! I am sure you could find many others on the web. Have fun with it!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:49 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok... leaving RIGHT NOW.

Just an FYI- WE left... the cop just continued driving all the way around the pond and we didn't wait for him because he didn't act like he found anything.

I know I write frivilous stuff from time to time but... would I really go through all the trouble to write the MINI SERIES just to end up having it be a party place? Well, maybe I would... but I am not.

Gem is that your final answer?

Be back later guys!

In the meantime... easy on the chicken wings!
(The husband says I spend too much time on here... but he had NO idea that there was a chicken wing shortage! )

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:50 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Where did you get the spinning MINI from, and could I get one to match my MINI; Dark silver with a white roof?
I got it from another NAMer last year...you can see where it came from if you right click on it and select "properties." Sorry!

Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
All accept the shrug smiley was from NAM, the shruger I got from here. I have to warn you some are, shall we say, risky. To get them just right-click on the image that you want, then go to properties, highlight the address URL (example: http://whatever/pic/you/want), then hold the CTRL key and press C. Next post a reply on NAM, click the insert image button (it looks like two mountains and a sun to me) When it askes you to enter an address hold CTRL and press V, and now you have hunted down a cool smiley!! I am sure you could find many others on the web. Have fun with it!!
Yah - this is how I've made my collection! Instead of having to go back and forth searching and copy-pasting (which is what control C and control V do for you, BTW) , I copy-pasted them into a word document with little descriptions (so I can do a "find" search easily.) I also include a little freeze-screen shot so I know what it looks like.

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:53 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
What was in the woods?

Hmm....'Ola originally described it as busting a crime ring...

...She lives in Florida....

I'm guessing it was a drug drop or weapons smuggling drop! The cop has to do a routine scope-out of the area to make sure no one was hiding and could ambush him before he exits his "safe" vehicle to investigate further, so it would look like he "didn't find anything."

Old 01-31-2009 | 11:05 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok... leaving RIGHT NOW.

Just an FYI- WE left... the cop just continued driving all the way around the pond and we didn't wait for him because he didn't act like he found anything.

I know I write frivilous stuff from time to time but... would I really go through all the trouble to write the MINI SERIES just to end up having it be a party place? Well, maybe I would... but I am not.

Gem is that your final answer?

Be back later guys!

In the meantime... easy on the chicken wings!
(The husband says I spend too much time on here... but he had NO idea that there was a chicken wing shortage! )
No not my final answer, i think i need another installment to make another guess, I guess I'm "wearing rose colored glasses" i don't want it to think about someone hurt...

I'm really worried about Cabway's pup, she should be back by now... Cabway please tell us he is ok!!! prayers to you and pup!!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 12:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Doggie report,,, involves poop so it is rated "P"

Hi everyone!!

okay Pete is back from the vets, and yep he was sick, still is. They kept him for a bit and used IV's to get his fever down. And 'Ola you are right, at this point the poor thing can't poop. He tries and you can tell he is in such pain and he shivers and shakes with his fever,,, he has colitis and of course the dreaded infected **** glands it was quite a mess when she palpated those buggers. But the other worry is that maybe he ingested something and that is why he is so pakced up and sick. Soooo the best part is that we are giving him a laxative that has a lot of vaseline in it to try to move him along. If not back he goes for xrays and possible surgery. I am hopeful though since he has a fever that is is "just" the infections.

I couldn't get him in to the vet til noon and was there for 2 hours...I basically held him for most of the morning. He was shivering so hard I feared he would snap in two!!
Sooo, we were debating a movie but now with this laxative in him do I dare leave him alone???? I mean seriously!!!??

He has a dog door,,,,but,,,,

So, hey thanks for all of your concerns and well wishes,, Petey thanks you too and Kikimowse he LOVED Krissy's kisses this morning,,, I think he actually blushed a little...sure hope he isn't contagious....

Oh! And I just whipped up his boiled turkey and rice dinner that will be his meal for the next 3 days. Gosh I hope the infection is all that this is...

Old 01-31-2009 | 02:29 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
We are all sending best wishes your way and I just know that Pete will be good as new in no time.

My previous poodle at about age six, (Patrick) ate some wild strawberrys my Dad had in his yard and went through the same sort of thing. The strawberrys were growing under or near a rosebush and my Dad put rose food on the plant not realizing that the strawberries were so close. He also did not realize that the dog loved to eat them. I am sure you guessed the rest. He proceeded to make himself sick. The vet prepped him for surgery and whatever they gave him began clearing up the problem. Within a few days he was his happy little self. He lived to the ripe old age of fourteen.

My current baby, (Krissy) about two years ago, just suddenly lost total use of his back legs. I just knew he'd had a stroke or something. Come to find out, he had an enlarged prostate and it was penching his spine. The vet gave him meds to reduce the swelling and then a few days later removed his prostate. For a few months his little back legs were weak but now two years later, you would never know anything had occurred.

Think good thoughts and know that while we are not all with you in person; we are certainly with you in spirit and silent presence.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-thumbnailca9fam62.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009 | 02:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thistle is sending Pete her own paws of support too.. let's hope for poop!!!

please keep us updated!!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:46 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Good luck with Pete!

Old 01-31-2009 | 05:10 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Awwww, thanks guys!!! Poor guy still isn't doing very well. I am hopeful that if I stay up ti midnight and get another dose of antibiotics into him that maybe I will see his fever lessening by morning. Not to be gross but I haven't ever seen such a nasty draining mess as this (meaning his butt) and I have seen a lot of sick dogs, cats, pigs, cows, horses, sheep and so on.
I just hope it isn't something nasty that he ingested,, I guess time will tell.

So I will keep you all posted but let's not talk sh*t alll night!! hahahahah get it?? I crack meeself up!!

So, do any of you think there is a chance of another part to our series tonight??? I am doubtful....and miniola I quite understand if you need some time away from the kepboard tonight. I guess your husband deserves a LITTLE of your time...

Old 01-31-2009 | 05:30 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
My guess

Since I seem to recall Miniola saying someone ending up dead (or something like that) I am thinking that the crime involves getting rid of a body.

You really want to read my long story?

In case y'all haven't noticed... I write long posts (even though I try really hard NOT to. )

BTW- Does anyone remember that in the beginning of this soap opera thread I said that someone always dies???

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! (It's the YEAR of the OX... but will the waving cow do?")
Cab- Sorry to hear about the troubles your dog is having. I know I feel badly anytime our dogs aren't well. Good luck.

Last edited by minicooperwill; 01-31-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2009 | 05:52 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Since I seem to recall Miniola saying someone ending up dead (or something like that) I am thinking that the crime involves getting rid of a body.

You really want to read my long story?

In case y'all haven't noticed... I write long posts (even though I try really hard NOT to. )

BTW- Does anyone remember that in the beginning of this soap opera thread I said that someone always dies???

Man, how did I miss THAT!?! i need my investigators-guesser license revoked.

Old 01-31-2009 | 05:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
awww man, I forgot about that comment!! slapping my forehead here....

Thanks MCWill for the well wishes,, I am sure he will be okay but he sure is in pain,, it is hard to watch.. and again I sure hope you know I was just torturing you with the creep joke?????

And I bet your are torn,, you want my nekked troll but you are afraid to give me your address.........

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:21 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
awww man, I forgot about that comment!! slapping my forehead here....

Thanks MCWill for the well wishes,, I am sure he will be okay but he sure is in pain,, it is hard to watch.. and again I sure hope you know I was just torturing you with the creep joke?????

And I bet your are torn,, you want my nekked troll but you are afraid to give me your address.........
I know you were kidding.

One of my favorite sayings, and one I try to always remember is:
"What other people think of me is none of my business."

It helps me to remember that as long as I'm doing what I can to be a good person, whether people think ill or well of me, I know what I think of myself, and that is all that matters.

As far as the troll.....
maybe if it didn't have pink hair. I'm all for naked.

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Is anyone here?

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:37 PM
miniola
6th Gear
BTW- no one is dead or hurt... that I know of anyway ... yet.

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:53 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Is anyone here?
I'm here.

BTW- no one is dead or hurt... that I know of anyway ... yet.

Woohoo! Does this mean I'm still a contender for the right answer!?!

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OK... I'll just wait 'til tomorrow.

Goodnight!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...