Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009 | 09:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
RJ you make a good point.....how can you get current google earth prints???
cabwy not sure you can...as I know it (I could be wrong), the pics. are updated only every few years. The satellite orbits earth and is not always in the same place twice, so how to tell when a new image may appear is a mystery...unlike Apple!! sorry, couldn't resist!!

Old 02-01-2009 | 04:08 AM
glangford
6th Gear
Cabwy,

I sure hope your dog is ok. I feel your pain. I have a cat that had mega-colon. They wouldn't let him come home, stool softeners and enemas until he cleared out, about 2 days, then a special diet for quite a while. The cat was a stray that was found in a fast food place trash can. He was really sick. The colon problem came on after about 2 months once we got him somewhat healthy. I know it was painful, he just sat in his litter box.

The fast forward this year, he developed struvite crystals and his bladder blocked. That was much more medically serious and a much longer and more painful recovery. He is fine now, and on another special diet. We are now constantly on the guard, cleaning and keeping a watchful eye on his litter box.

BTW, the mini got named after the cat, Munchie, short for Munchken, as he is really tiny (malnourishment when we found him).

I'm hoping everything is ok with your dog, let us know.

Old 02-01-2009 | 04:53 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
good morning all, first and most important how is Pete today??

second, ok now i'm really confused, OLA you said someone always dies, but no one died?

I need more story!! is today we will get more of hte story??? we need something while waiting for Pooping Pete!!! (hope that was ok Cabwy)..

Old 02-01-2009 | 07:37 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
*L* hi guys!! Top of the mornin to ya!!

Gem you are okay to call him pooping pete,,, wish it were true

All I can say for now is he isn't living up to his name Sweet Pete,,, this is a real messy painful ordeal. He is still feverish, weak in his hindquarters, but on the positive side he looks as if he isn't in as much pain. And he is passing teensy little amounts. (sorry guys, but you asked!)
This little guy must have ben fighting an infection for quite some time, you wouldn't believe all of the infection that keeps draining out. guess who gets to mop him up?????

And thank you Glangford,, I am confident this will turn out okay in the long run, I am not too worried about death or anything, but I sure wish I could ease his discomfort. I am starting to accept that he is going in tomorrow am for xrays.... sigh. I hope this doesn't turn out to be mega colon,,, I am kindof thinking this could be the case... we had a yellow lab who had mega esophagus - in the end it progressed to the point that he was slowly starving to death and we had to put him down,,, he was one of the best dogs ever and it was really difficult.

I am tired, I tried to sit up late with him and got up during the night to check on him and of course I scheduled a client for this afternoon ( what was I thinking?????)

Okay on a brighter note:

Anyone have any good Super Bowl plans? We are going to a friends house and luckily they live maybe 2 miles away so I can get back to Petey in a timely fashion.....

now this is just my opinion and you all can shoot me down if you don't like it but I think the next installment of the mini series should come tonight after the Super Bowl.....we can all get online and read and comment to our hearts content then......'Ola, will this be the final part???

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:00 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
I'm here.

Woohoo! Does this mean I'm still a contender for the right answer!?!
I'm SO sorry that I didn't see you hiding behind your couch last night! I see you now. I just posted and then turned off the computer.

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:03 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Aww....But....buttttt.... *sigh* I'm supposed to be going to friends' house for a SBparty, but I'm NOT a football fan - if I find a nice comfy corner I may even be knocked out before 8pm! And by then.... snif snif....I won't be able to read any more 'Ola installments!!

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:04 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I'm SO sorry that I didn't see you hiding behind your couch last night! I see you now. I just posted and then turned off the computer.

Snif - snif...I KNOW! I thought you were ignoring me.

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:35 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
good morning all, first and most important how is Pete today??

second, ok now i'm really confused, OLA you said someone always dies, but no one died?

I need more story!! is today we will get more of hte story??? we need something while waiting for Pooping Pete!!! (hope that was ok Cabwy)..
Gem- That comment about someone having to die was just kind of a random thought of sorts... meant to liven the conversation about the mystery of Apple's "doings"... being a "Gambino" and all. So, if someone always has to die... I was wondering who it was?? Was it the person that owns the trailer? Related to a stolen identity perhaps? It just happened to be on the same post when I briefly mentioned that I had helped solve a crime with the Cooper.

You're all good though... no one has guessed yet.

MCWill- nice catch there! (And BTW MCWill... pink haired trolls are no good? Maybe you could dye the hair a different color? Hey that's a thought... I wonder how that would work?)

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Snif - snif...I KNOW! I thought you were ignoring me.
What a sad little guy. Aww... . I would never ignore you. I had waited after the first two posts and I had figured that since no one had said anything that I would just call it a night.

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Aww....But....buttttt.... *sigh* I'm supposed to be going to friends' house for a SBparty, but I'm NOT a football fan - if I find a nice comfy corner I may even be knocked out before 8pm! And by then.... snif snif....I won't be able to read any more 'Ola installments!!
I will post BEFORE the Super Bowl ends. I like football but unless it's one of my teams playing, I don't care too much about it. We are not going anywhere

With that being said... THIS installment will be the last one. Not like this is the final episode of "LOST" or anything. I know... it doesn't hold any competition to the Super Bowl. So I won't be crushed if no one responds 'til tomorrow. Not too crushed anyway.

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:47 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by glangford
Cabwy,

I sure hope your dog is ok. I feel your pain. I have a cat that had mega-colon. They wouldn't let him come home, stool softeners and enemas until he cleared out, about 2 days, then a special diet for quite a while. The cat was a stray that was found in a fast food place trash can. He was really sick. The colon problem came on after about 2 months once we got him somewhat healthy. I know it was painful, he just sat in his litter box.

The fast forward this year, he developed struvite crystals and his bladder blocked. That was much more medically serious and a much longer and more painful recovery. He is fine now, and on another special diet. We are now constantly on the guard, cleaning and keeping a watchful eye on his litter box.

BTW, the mini got named after the cat, Munchie, short for Munchken, as he is really tiny (malnourishment when we found him).

I'm hoping everything is ok with your dog, let us know.

But I like the name "Munchie"!

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:58 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
*L* hi guys!! Top of the mornin to ya!!

Gem you are okay to call him pooping pete,,, wish it were true

All I can say for now is he isn't living up to his name Sweet Pete,,, this is a real messy painful ordeal. He is still feverish, weak in his hindquarters, but on the positive side he looks as if he isn't in as much pain. And he is passing teensy little amounts. (sorry guys, but you asked!)
This little guy must have ben fighting an infection for quite some time, you wouldn't believe all of the infection that keeps draining out. guess who gets to mop him up?????

And thank you Glangford,, I am confident this will turn out okay in the long run, I am not too worried about death or anything, but I sure wish I could ease his discomfort. I am starting to accept that he is going in tomorrow am for xrays.... sigh. I hope this doesn't turn out to be mega colon,,, I am kindof thinking this could be the case... we had a yellow lab who had mega esophagus - in the end it progressed to the point that he was slowly starving to death and we had to put him down,,, he was one of the best dogs ever and it was really difficult.

I am tired, I tried to sit up late with him and got up during the night to check on him and of course I scheduled a client for this afternoon ( what was I thinking?????)

Okay on a brighter note:

Anyone have any good Super Bowl plans? We are going to a friends house and luckily they live maybe 2 miles away so I can get back to Petey in a timely fashion.....

now this is just my opinion and you all can shoot me down if you don't like it but I think the next installment of the mini series should come tonight after the Super Bowl.....we can all get online and read and comment to our hearts content then......'Ola, will this be the final part???
It's so hard to tell when they're sick because (as I've been told by the vet) it's natural for them to try to hide it. I've heard that the glands can get really impacted. We've had a few issues with Jackie. The vet tech told me she should have them "expressed" more often but the vet said that he'd never had them doen with any of his dogs. Sometimes I wonder if once you do it... if there's a pocket left that then fills again and again... like it becomes a constant event?

Is Pete eating? I was just wondering if maybe he hasn't eaten much then he wouldn't poop much? Hope it would be something as simple as that. I've never heard of this "mega" anything. I've really only dealt with renal failure. Probably take a few days of antibiotics. Sounds like not much fun though.

(Never used this one before but always wanted to... that's Pete on the pooper... reading while everyone "waits" for him. )

Old 02-01-2009 | 09:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks OLA for clearing that up, I tend to read too fast sometime and miss details...
MY guess is it is pot field and it is some kind of drug ring

I'm hoping Pete is feeling better really soon, with meds and rest!! I have to go hug thistle right now, excuse me for a moment..

We are staying home tonight, we don't do foot ball but like the commercials, once a year i say that... so we have all the food and pig out day, and watch movies and such. We call this a NON SuperBowl Party, anyone can come over who is not interested in the game. we are the only ones that attend...

Old 02-01-2009 | 09:39 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok just have to say this being a PETA member, did anyone see that PETA commercial was ban for tonight's game... I saw the commercial (googled it) and I thought it was a riot and don't know why they ban it... come on now we say Janet Jacksons boob, this is not bad but funny!!! other opinions???

Old 02-01-2009 | 09:53 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Wow, been busy at at work for the last few days and look what I've missed.

cabwy - Sorry to hear about Pete, but I wished I hadn't been eating breakfast when I read about the oozing infection part.

miniola - Well we're all waiting on the edge of our seats for more of your story.

I gonna agree with gemgirlpa about the pot (nice smiley)

Next time I look, MCWill will be getting his prize for the 3000th post.

skillet - That's some good sleuthing. She's not too popular on a lot of forums, huh? But I guess that karma thing that she talks about is catching up with her.

Oh yeah, Go Cards!

Here's another perspective of the Ocala area.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-ocala.jpg  
Old 02-01-2009 | 09:56 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
ok just have to say this being a PETA member, did anyone see that PETA commercial was ban for tonight's game... I saw the commercial (googled it) and I thought it was a riot and don't know why they ban it... come on now we say Janet Jacksons boob, this is not bad but funny!!! other opinions???
Gives me a new respect for veggies!

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:03 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Gives me a new respect for veggies!

whole new meaning to "eat your veggies". sorry i shouldn't have gone there!!!

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:26 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
It's so hard to tell when they're sick because (as I've been told by the vet) it's natural for them to try to hide it. I've heard that the glands can get really impacted. We've had a few issues with Jackie. The vet tech told me she should have them "expressed" more often but the vet said that he'd never had them doen with any of his dogs. Sometimes I wonder if once you do it... if there's a pocket left that then fills again and again... like it becomes a constant event?

Is Pete eating? I was just wondering if maybe he hasn't eaten much then he wouldn't poop much? Hope it would be something as simple as that. I've never heard of this "mega" anything. I've really only dealt with renal failure. Probably take a few days of antibiotics. Sounds like not much fun though.

(Never used this one before but always wanted to... that's Pete on the pooper... reading while everyone "waits" for him. )

Hey, I love the pooper smileys,,,,, perfect!! Wouldn't he be embarrassed if he knew we were all talking about his bodily functions,, well the lask of them??

well, initially she(the vet) thinks that his impacted **** glands started this mess(literally) the theory is that when they get impacted they then get infected and in the perfect scenario they drain outwardly. If they don't drain outward and drain inward it results in all that bacteria going up into the colon. which is where we are at. But he seems awfully sick and after 3 large doses of the laxative we aren't getting anywhere. He looked better this morning, now he is having some trouble using his hind legs,,, I swear Monday morning cannot arrive fast enough.
miniola you are so right, now we can look back and realize that he was in pain all last week, he even low growled at me a couple of times which is highly unusual. and he is eating, we are feeding him boiled turkey and rice, small servings several times a day. Poor Petey....
Ironically all of our farm dogs who ate anything and everything on four legs never had any of these problems,,, never had these **** gland issues,,, domestication isn't working here,,,,,!!
again I loooooove that bathroom smiley....

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:29 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
thanks OLA for clearing that up, I tend to read too fast sometime and miss details...

I'm hoping Pete is feeling better really soon, with meds and rest!! I have to go hug thistle right now, excuse me for a moment..

We are staying home tonight, we don't do foot ball but like the commercials, once a year i say that... so we have all the food and pig out day, and watch movies and such. We call this a NON SuperBowl Party, anyone can come over who is not interested in the game. we are the only ones that attend...
Hey are they allowed to guess my guess??? I think 'Olas said that wasn't correct anyways,, so I am taking it a step further and guess that they built some ramshackle meth lab down in them thar woods.....

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:31 AM
cabwy
6th Gear

cabwy - Sorry to hear about Pete, but I wished I hadn't been eating breakfast when I read about the oozing infection part.

miniola - Well we're all waiting on the edge of our seats for more of your story.

skillet - That's some good sleuthing. She's not too popular on a lot of forums, huh? But I guess that karma thing that she talks about is catching up with her.

Oh yeah, Go Cards!

CC that is an awesome shot and a great perspective...!! I love this!!! LOVE IT!!

I am sooo sorry to have ruined your breakfast.... it is really naaaasssttttyyyyyyyy

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:42 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yep, I am surprised that got banned,, really am. maybe a political move?

thanks for sharing this, I heard about it but haven't had time to look it up...

so the final chapter is coming soon??? I am sad that it is almost over....

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:00 AM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Whew. Finally got to the end. Well, the end as of right now. My goodness but this is a fascinating thread!
Loving the smiley's, thanks for the website on where to find those.

Skillet, I'm impressed. You are a true gentle man.

To the rest, I'm just trying to keep up! WOW but this thread can move fast!

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:01 AM
miniola
6th Gear

Oh yeah, Go Cards!

Yay! We have CC back! The trailer park location is confusing though... I'll have to get my maps out again! BTW- AAA had shown that route of 301 being a big speed trap area (way back when I drove from Maine in '98). It's in the middle of nowhere and now the cops are using LASER!

Last edited by miniola; 02-02-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2009 | 11:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear

Us too. We don't like people.

Boy, I have to tell you that you guys are guessing some small time stuff here!

BTW- last night I was looking for more stuff online and I think Sandy may have belonged to a "Snakes" Forum. The profile info doesn't match hers... but as we all know... it's pretty easy for people to make up fake profiles to join a group.

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:07 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Whew. Finally got to the end. Well, the end as of right now. My goodness but this is a fascinating thread!
Loving the smiley's, thanks for the website on where to find those.

Skillet, I'm impressed. You are a true gentle man.

To the rest, I'm just trying to keep up! WOW but this thread can move fast!
Just a note... I see that you are in "neutral" right now. Well, as you can see... I am now in 5th gear! There is no hope for you now!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...