Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 07:52 PM
Apple
|
6th Gear
She is here now trying to get here aticket to van couver, been doing tons of errands for her, worn to the bone.

Sone as we get her on a plane brian will come down and get it... it been hell...I have not felt so sick one day hot next day 32.... I am getting tired

Old 12-06-2008 | 07:53 PM
Apple
|
6th Gear
^ I am too lazy to fisx typos.....................

Old 12-06-2008 | 08:05 PM
emu2swan
1st Gear
Miniola, OT for a mo, I've been reading here and other mini sights voraciously since I picked up my buggy almost 2 months ago< Hc clubby. NAM, to me, is far and away the best sight. Lots friendly, funny and clever ppl and packed jam full of useful info.
*Takes 94 off the wall chugs it and takes 93* I'm parched.

Thats good news Apple, hope you get some rest soon.

Old 12-06-2008 | 08:51 PM
DChap
5th Gear
92 has my name written all over it, but i'm too short to reach the top of the wall

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:57 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
92 has my name written all over it, but i'm too short to reach the top of the wall
Get Big Norm to help you I'm sure he can reach it for you.

Old 12-06-2008 | 10:10 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
i know it's off topic, but this thread is all over the place anyways......since were on my height issue, figured i'd share this with ya, here is a shirt i made about a year ago.....people get a kick out of it when i wear it out in public

Name:  DSCN1318.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1319.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 12-06-2008 | 10:16 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Will be interesting to see how this all plays out now.

Tomorrow on "As the Mini Turns"... Will Skillet get his $29.00 tickets?
Sweet dreams my friends!

Old 12-07-2008 | 05:29 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Love the shirt Big Norm!!!
From a small person at 5'1" who married into a tall family (hubby 6'1", step son 6'7", even step daughter 5'11")
let's just say our wedding picture you can tell the Italians in the family!!

Old 12-07-2008 | 05:44 AM
OKMini
4th Gear
Big Norm - Love the shirt! At 6'-4" I don't get too many tall comments.

Since your shirt indicates your spirit of willingness to help those that are vertically challenged, I will partake of bottle #91.

Ummm? Beer on my wheaties this morning - haven't done that since college .

I agree with "gemgirlpa" - Where's Skillet? What are you doing? Where have you been? We have a right to know!!!!

W'ere waiting... again... so out us out of misery OK?

We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics! We want Pics!

Old 12-07-2008 | 08:07 AM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Great shirt Big Norm and also a great altitude wait I mean attitude you have.

Old 12-07-2008 | 08:29 AM
DChap
5th Gear
nice shirt, i was being sarcastic on the height thing though, i'm 6'0 haha.

where be the MINI?????? i want to see photos

Old 12-07-2008 | 09:14 AM
SpitfireMkI
6th Gear
Photos Photos Photos !

Old 12-07-2008 | 09:37 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
i know it's off topic, but this thread is all over the place anyways......since were on my height issue, figured i'd share this with ya, here is a shirt i made about a year ago.....people get a kick out of it when i wear it out in public

That made me spray beer #90 out of my nose!

Old 12-07-2008 | 10:04 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
i made the shirt because i got tired of people always asking me the same old questions...lol

Old 12-07-2008 | 10:23 AM
miniola
6th Gear
OK... was anyone else shocked that "APPLE" posted twice and Skillet did not post ANYTHING for us last night? I think someone's about ready to be "sleepin' with the fishes" *insert mafia accent* if you know what I mean.

BigNorm- Do people really hate you for being tall? Nice T-shirt though. I was wondering how big the font was... you know... wondering if all those short people could read it from SO far away. I get the "You must've played basketball" comment ALL the time! Ok... so the husband always gets it but I hear it... even way down here. I think I'm going to make a T-shirt that my husband can read that says "NO I DON'T need a freakin' step stool... just reach up there and get it for me!" You think he'll like it?

gemgirlpa- I had to laugh when I read that you are 5'1"! I distinctly remember having to order the cap and gown for graduation from high school and I think the lowest range went from 5'1" and above. That was the first time I lied about my height. Eventually I convinced myself that I was 5'1" and lived with that for many years. (Actually I think it still says 5'1" on my license!) Funny how much that extra inch in height makes a difference!

DChap- Don't feel sad if you are short... it's ok. We don't have to lie about our height anymore! It's all good. We're all cool because of the cars we choose to drive. And besides that... BigNorm's T-shirt says that he doesn't mind reaching things for us.

OKMini- LOVIN'IT!!!!

So I notice that some people announce when something is "off topic". Are we supposed to do that? Is there anything really off topic here?

Perhaps we should rename the thread to something like:
"Will he get the FREE Mini" or
"While we insanely WAIT for him to get the FREE Mini" or
"What happens when we don't get hourly updates from Skillet about the status of the FREE Mini".

I love creativity!

Hopefully we hear something soon. I'm getting off this computer for awhile to try to get some Christmas decorating done. Then I'll be working on my MINI Cooper cake parts for tomorrow. It will be a tribute to the past few years of stuffing 10'-11' trees in my Cabrio and bringing them home.

Bye.

Old 12-07-2008 | 10:44 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
gemgirlpa- I had to laugh when I read that you are 5'1"! I distinctly remember having to order the cap and gown for graduation from high school and I think the lowest range went from 5'1" and above. That was the first time I lied about my height. Eventually I convinced myself that I was 5'1" and lived with that for many years. (Actually I think it still says 5'1" on my license!) Funny how much that extra inch in height makes a difference!
ok so you just made me laugh out loud!! you caught me, i do add that one inch on for my own insurance! My dad is the same height i am but he refused to admit it! us Italians are small but MIGHTY! Why do you all think i like my MINI so much!!!
I always wear heals and when i don't the first comment is "boy your short"!
Yes i do own a step stool to get into the kitchen cabnets if hubby isn't home.
Funny thing is my husbands last name.... Small!!!
oh and my aunt is 4'8", i feel like big Norm next to her!

Old 12-07-2008 | 10:47 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Observation: Back to "As the Mini Turns"... anyone else notice Skillet posts and then Apple posts.... never the same day...
one and the same????????????? hum something else to ponder!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008 | 12:51 PM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Observation: Back to "As the Mini Turns"... anyone else notice Skillet posts and then Apple posts.... never the same day...
one and the same????????????? hum something else to ponder!!!!!!!!!
Hardly...

You guys know as much as I do at this point. The post she made on here is the most up-to-date information... At this point, I'm waiting until the middle of next week. I still do not have the photos. Yes, I have asked... So you guys are all up-to-date...no, I'm not Apple (aka Sandy)...

Norm, I love the shirt. Hilarious! Thank you all for being patient. I have to be, and I'm trying not to be pushy towards Apple. I want this to happen more than ever, and I promise you, you'll all be kept in the know.

I also do not have internet at my house, so that is one reason why I usually don't post late at night or on the weekends. If I do, it's on my Blackberry (which is a pain to navigate around NAM), at my parents house, or at work...

I'll take bottle #89 please....

Old 12-07-2008 | 12:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Skillet, these posts are to make you laugh as you go through the worst of the waiting period!!!
You do what you can and know that every single one of us is there for you and hoping that you get your early christmas mini!!!

Old 12-07-2008 | 01:01 PM
skillet
6th Gear
Thank you. I do appreciate you all waiting with me, it means a lot. It's tough, I'll be honest...my wife is about ready to go crazy I've even contemplated trying to help Apple locate tickets for her friend, but I don't want to push either of them I can wait ....honestly I just hope this doesn't drag out until the 16th (anniversary) or Christmas.

Old 12-07-2008 | 02:13 PM
LtRex
4th Gear
Old 12-07-2008 | 03:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Skillet, these posts are to make you laugh as you go through the worst of the waiting period!!!
You do what you can and know that every single one of us is there for you and hoping that you get your early christmas mini!!!
DITTO!

Anyone up for a road trip to get Granny to Vancouver? I bet we could find enough people to drive various sections. I can get her to Georgia! Who's got Georgia to South Carolina?

And gemgirlpa- you are so busted little woman! 5'1" PSSSSSHHHT! BTW I did look on my driver's license and it does show 5'1"!

Old 12-07-2008 | 03:48 PM
Minimad
6th Gear
We're all cool because of the cars we choose to drive.
Your car doesn't make you cool. Otherwise, we'd all be driving Corvettes, wearing open-collared shirts with gold chains....

Your cool because you chose Mini/MINI! That tells us something about you...

Old 12-07-2008 | 03:48 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Photo false alarm

Originally Posted by SpitfireMkI
Photos Photos Photos !

Oh man... When I read this email notification that there had been a posting, I thought that pictures had been posted! I'm bummed. Oh well, back to decorating the tree. I had to re-string the lights this year and that ate up two days. I have new respect for those folks that string the lights for all of those "pre-lit" trees.

We purchased this tree over 20 years ago (and no it is not real) and I pre-lit the tree even before everyone else thought of it. (Darn, I should have patented that thought). Anyway, the tree broke last year and I had to take the lights off to fix it. Probably about time since the light strings were over twenty years too. You might say the tree has had a "branch lift" and it does look much younger!

Hang in there Skillet, waitning for Santa is always part of the fun. This year he is just going to be driving you Mini!

Old 12-07-2008 | 03:51 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Where are you guys getting all of those cute smilies? Too cute. It's Christmas share.... please, please, please.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...