Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 09:56 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
so do we think this is Sandy's house? I'm not convinced.
I am still thinking it is a trailer because of the infomation the "gate person" gave Skillet when he called- trailer park, name is Sandy and she used to have a MINI.
????????

Old 02-03-2009 | 10:00 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Pete's a fine boy, he'll get better!

Old 02-03-2009 | 10:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
so do we think this is Sandy's house? I'm not convinced.
I am still thinking it is a trailer because of the infomation the "gate person" gave Skillet when he called- trailer park, name is Sandy and she used to have a MINI.
????????
Maybe "Sandy" is the "gate person"?

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Maybe "Sandy" is the "gate person"?

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:38 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
it won't stop snowing....

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:35 PM
2phun
4th Gear
Phonebook results for "sandy gambino" ocala florida

#mr{width:40%}#res #mr{width:auto}Sandy Gambino (352) 502-4494 7825 NE 20th Ct, Ocala, FL 34479 Map

Clicked on the map link, then did the street view and that's what came up. Now, do we know if Sandy Gambino is the right Sandy? No idea. If we get some more specifics, there's an amazing amount of things you can find out about a person...all through public record.

And of course this address is not currently owned by a Sandy Gambino. Sandy purchased the house in 2004 for $67000 and sold it in 2006 for $114000 (right before the market tanked...good call on her part). Wouldn't be surprised if that was the pile of cash that was in the photo.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:37 PM
2phun
4th Gear
No current properties owned by a Sandy Gambino in Marion County.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
so if she sold then we are not looking at the right trailer, OOOPPPS I mean house!

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:41 PM
2phun
4th Gear
correct

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:52 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
I have read this entire thread. I feel bad for skillet.. Unfort, its a typical too good to be true moment we have all been witness to. Now that other crap you dug up is pretty bizarre. I think this woman needs help.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:08 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
I have read this entire thread. I feel bad for skillet.. Unfort, its a typical too good to be true moment we have all been witness to. Now that other crap you dug up is pretty bizarre. I think this woman needs help.
Hey week 23er, yes this is sad for Skillet.
She does need some seriouse help!!!

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:18 PM
2phun
4th Gear
I feel bad for Apple's parents.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:19 PM
2phun
4th Gear
And for John Travolta.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 2phun
I feel bad for Apple's parents.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:27 PM
2phun
4th Gear
Looks like Google had it off a bit. After checking parcels, it looks like this one was her actual house.
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q...31791752338137

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:28 PM
miniola
6th Gear
And for John Travolta.
And Johnny Depp.

Actually, I think that she has posted that both of her parents are dead. I remember that January 6th was going to be hard for her because of her father in a coma... just one more reason why she couldn't get pics of the car for Skillet. But I guess the car show she went to was killa'!

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:30 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Looks like Google had it off a bit. After checking parcels, it looks like this one was her actual house.
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q...31791752338137
Awww... too bad she sold it to someone else though. Hopefully no one makes the trip to go see the new guy! Nice pic!

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:40 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
I seen SKILLETS classic mini-Yes I did_

I gotta tell ya-all. I was watching a TV show called Top Gear on the BBC channel and I saw this Red Mini Classic going down a ski slope in Norway or someplace and I think it was Skillits classic mini.
Ronnie948

Old 02-03-2009 | 07:09 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
And for John Travolta.
hysterical....!!!

Hey gem,, I LOVED your snoiwng smiley!! But isn't this a pretty snow?? everything is white and magical.....

And no he isn't much better, he showed a slight improvement tonight for 10 minutes and is now sleeping and shivering again. But that is all I want to write about it. (I figured you all were wondering)

Miniola,, your crime busting sotry was the best ever. You really do have good instincts!! Did you ever get to eat that pizza??? You guys are lucky that your home that you had rented and were refurbishing didn't get robbed....and you never said. did the refurbishing pay off? did you get that home sold?
Maybe you should flip houses???? Like someone else we know???

And ? Kiki?? Does it get any worse than puking in your head cone?? Poor poor Krissy.....that just sucks. I am thinking of getting some of that waterless shampoo- Petey's hind end is pretty stinky and I really don't want to risk a bath... have you ever tried that? Maybe that would help Krissy?

Old 02-03-2009 | 07:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by glangford
I've use this guy for 20 years and 5 cats. I put more care into finding a good vet then I did my own doctor. At least I can speak for myself, the cat can't. A good vet is priceless.
I can't agree MORE!

Old 02-03-2009 | 07:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Cawby,

I'm glad Pete has some medication and is sleeping. At least there is no obstruction as well. You did mention he had bits of pooh, so maybe things will be improving. I'm hoping for you and Pete.

A good vet is everything. I'm blessed with a great one. When Munchie had his bladder blocked I had to use the emergency vet on Sat. They put a cath in, cleared the obstruction, and kept him on IV fluids. (He was maybe 24 hours from renal failure.) I picked him up with Cath still in and took him to my vet on Monday morning. The cath caused some urethra scarring and my poor kitty, even unblocked wasn't able to urinate. For a week, my vet had me bring him in in the morning and evening, drew urine from his bladder with a needle through the stomach, while keeping him on demerol. I was in tears about the whole time. On friday, he said he might need to operate and asked me to leave him with him over the three day holiday weekend. The operation would have been like a sex change operation basically, creating a wider urethra opening, not as susceptible to blockage. My vet on a three day weekend cared for Munchie all weekend, and called my two to three times a day to tell me his progress. He did a bunch of stuff to try to get him to urinate on his own. Sunday morning he called and said he'd schedule surgery on tuesday after the three day weekend and that Munchie was doing fine. He was going to put a cath back in monday morning in prep for the surgery. Well he called Monday morning and said Munchie started peeing on his own, no surgery required. Anyway to make a long story short, my vet is fantastic. He spent his whole holiday weekend caring for Munchie and trying everything to avoid surgery, and it worked.

I remember when we brought Munchie home thinking we had a 8 week old kitten found in a garbage can at an interstate fast food place. I took him Monday morning to this vet. Munchie had pneumonia, two types of worms, puss coming out of every orifice, and ear mites. My vet gave him a whole bag of about 7 different medicines and vitamins, cleaned him up. He told us Munchie was malnourished and stunted as he was really 4 months old, not eight weeks. He sent me home with Munchie and told me to come back in about 2 weeks and let me know how he was doing in the interim. I think his assistant called a few times. The whole visit was 90 bucks medicines included. I don't think he thought Munchie was going to make it and charged us accordingly. When I came back, Munchie was better and had put on a pound or two. The vet looked at him and proclaimed that 'you have to be the luckiest cat alive'. Munchie was a fighter, small, stunted, but with a heart of a lion, which was why the Mini was named after him.

I've use this guy for 20 years and 5 cats. I put more care into finding a good vet then I did my own doctor. At least I can speak for myself, the cat can't. A good vet is priceless.

Well Cawby, I don't know why I went into all that. My best advice is love Pete, one of the best medicines. I can say from experience, that our love for Munchie pulled him through a couple of bad times and today I can see that look in his eye every time he looks up at me while sitting in my lap.
"Stupid Keyboard!!"

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-03-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2009 | 08:00 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Cawby,

I'm glad Pete has some medication and is sleeping. At least there is no obstruction as well. You did mention he had bits of pooh, so maybe things will be improving. I'm hoping for you and Pete.

A good vet is everything. I'm blessed with a great one. When Munchie had his bladder blocked I had to use the emergency vet on Sat. They put a cath in, cleared the obstruction, and kept him on IV fluids. (He was maybe 24 hours from renal failure.) I picked him up with Cath still in and took him to my vet on Monday morning. The cath caused some urethra scarring and my poor kitty, even unblocked wasn't able to urinate. For a week, my vet had me bring him in in the morning and evening, drew urine from his bladder with a needle through the stomach, while keeping him on demerol. I was in tears about the whole time. On friday, he said he might need to operate and asked me to leave him with him over the three day holiday weekend. The operation would have been like a sex change operation basically, creating a wider urethra opening, not as susceptible to blockage. My vet on a three day weekend cared for Munchie all weekend, and called my two to three times a day to tell me his progress. He did a bunch of stuff to try to get him to urinate on his own. Sunday morning he called and said he'd schedule surgery on tuesday after the three day weekend and that Munchie was doing fine. He was going to put a cath back in monday morning in prep for the surgery. Well he called Monday morning and said Munchie started peeing on his own, no surgery required. Anyway to make a long story short, my vet is fantastic. He spent his whole holiday weekend caring for Munchie and trying everything to avoid surgery, and it worked.

I remember when we brought Munchie home thinking we had a 8 week old kitten found in a garbage can at an interstate fast food place. I took him Monday morning to this vet. Munchie had pneumonia, two types of worms, puss coming out of every orifice, and ear mites. My vet gave him a whole bag of about 7 different medicines and vitamins, cleaned him up. He told us Munchie was malnourished and stunted as he was really 4 months old, not eight weeks. He sent me home with Munchie and told me to come back in about 2 weeks and let me know how he was doing in the interim. I think his assistant called a few times. The whole visit was 90 bucks medicines included. I don't think he thought Munchie was going to make it and charged us accordingly. When I came back, Munchie was better and had put on a pound or two. The vet looked at him and proclaimed that 'you have to be the luckiest cat alive'. Munchie was a fighter, small, stunted, but with a heart of a lion, which was why the Mini was named after him.

Well Cawby, I don't know why I went into all that. My best advice is love Pete, one of the best medicines. I can say from experience, that our love for Munchie pulled him through a couple of bad times and today I can see that look in his eye every time he looks up at me while sitting in my lap.
Where's the "tears rollig down the face" smiley icon when you need it??

I'm with glanford on finding a good Vet. I tout this tune more often, but as well get the "I don't want to leave my Vet" a lot of the time. We carry Pet Insurance through Banfield Pet Hospital, if you happen to have any one of those around I suggest you check them out @ www.banfield.net.

Our 2 Kids are relatively healthy. Sadie (almost 7), has to have Heart Medicine everytime she goes in for dental work. They both have skin issues, not sure why. Rosey (just turned 3), has had a Fish Hook go clean through her jowl, that was a trip to the Emergency Room @ Dove Lewis Animal Hospital.

Sadie instantly knows when we are going to see "Her Friends" as I call them, she goes Ape Nuts as we exit the Freeway. They are 11 miles from us and though there plenty of vets a lot closer we will not change.

Cabwy glad Petey is resting, it's been a tough few days for both of you. Keep us updated. We'll will be saying prayers for you tonight!!

Old 02-03-2009 | 08:55 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I gotta tell ya-all. I was watching a TV show called Top Gear on the BBC channel and I saw this Red Mini Classic going down a ski slope in Norway or someplace and I think it was Skillits classic mini.
Ronnie948
JET POWERED!! NICE!!!

Old 02-03-2009 | 08:59 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
hysterical....!!!

Hey gem,, I LOVED your snoiwng smiley!! But isn't this a pretty snow?? everything is white and magical.....

And no he isn't much better, he showed a slight improvement tonight for 10 minutes and is now sleeping and shivering again. But that is all I want to write about it. (I figured you all were wondering)

Miniola,, your crime busting sotry was the best ever. You really do have good instincts!! Did you ever get to eat that pizza??? You guys are lucky that your home that you had rented and were refurbishing didn't get robbed....and you never said. did the refurbishing pay off? did you get that home sold?
Maybe you should flip houses???? Like someone else we know???

And ? Kiki?? Does it get any worse than puking in your head cone?? Poor poor Krissy.....that just sucks. I am thinking of getting some of that waterless shampoo- Petey's hind end is pretty stinky and I really don't want to risk a bath... have you ever tried that? Maybe that would help Krissy?
Sorry Pete is not feeling much better. And yes, we were wondering.

Glad you liked the story. I know you were looking forward to the ending and then all this stuff with poor Pete is making you sad.

Yeah, of course we ate the pizza.

And since we had purchased the home new, major overhaul wasn't needed. The most important part was that we present it well enough to stand above the rest. I think we probably spent about $4-5k total to get it ready and it sold in less than 60 days... leaving the competition in the dust. We did pretty well... although if we'd sold it the previous year we would have made about $100k more. We sold for about $30k less than we would have liked. Oh well, right? But it was a cash buyer with no contingencies and a large downpayment... closing in 10 days. I think THAT person actually though she'd flip it but... didn't happen. Hey, sorry I didn't take pictures of all my money on the frieze carpet. Just a thought... a really YUCKY thought... I'm glad no one has run into a pic of "HER" rolling around in the buff on that pile o'money! I think that might top pukey in the cone.

Old 02-03-2009 | 09:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
JET POWERED!! NICE!!!

Wow! Now that is a pretty good way for Skillet's Mini to go... you know... if he can't have it... fire it down a jump!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...