Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 08:25 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
MCWill, I"m sorry I missed you in there, I was rereading and saw your congrats.

Thanks you... !! and welcome back!!! did you catch up on the pages?
I'm all caught up now. Thanks.

That commercial about the steering wheel was so good I had to watch it twice right away. Looks like something we would try around here too (except for the causing another car to spin out part).

Old 02-08-2009 | 08:25 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Everyone!

Cab- hope you feel better soon. No fun feeling icky. Especially on a weekend when you can be out playing.

Gem- great news on the job front. I know that takes a ton of stress off you. Sorry to hear about your dad, but that layoff did give you some extra time with him. What a blessing in disguise.

Mini-mized (I think)- that commercial was Brilliant! Thanks for putting a huge wicked grin on my face!

It's a beautiful day, again, here in the mid south. I'm planning on being outside for most of it, working on the garage, my horses, the pigs and maybe even trying to find my garden! (now that's a concept).

I've tried to post a pix of my goat and the foster pig, who's leaving next Friday (woo hoo... he's cute and wonderful, but I'm up to my eyeballs in piggies), but I keep getting told I can't cause I already posted on another thread. I'll grab another pix today and post here.

Enjoy the day-

Old 02-08-2009 | 08:26 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
And...............

Looks like under 100 posts to go to get to 3000!

Old 02-08-2009 | 08:32 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Looks like under 100 posts to go to get to 3000!
Hi MCWill. Welcome back!

Looks like, for the most part anyway, people have been pretty quiet here. Are we winding down?

Old 02-08-2009 | 08:43 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hi Everyone!

Cab- hope you feel better soon. No fun feeling icky. Especially on a weekend when you can be out playing.

Gem- great news on the job front. I know that takes a ton of stress off you. Sorry to hear about your dad, but that layoff did give you some extra time with him. What a blessing in disguise.

Mini-mized (I think)- that commercial was Brilliant! Thanks for putting a huge wicked grin on my face!

It's a beautiful day, again, here in the mid south. I'm planning on being outside for most of it, working on the garage, my horses, the pigs and maybe even trying to find my garden! (now that's a concept).

I've tried to post a pix of my goat and the foster pig, who's leaving next Friday (woo hoo... he's cute and wonderful, but I'm up to my eyeballs in piggies), but I keep getting told I can't cause I already posted on another thread. I'll grab another pix today and post here.

Enjoy the day-
Hey there!

The husband has our mini garden dug up and is ready for planting. Didn't take much digging to find it though. The last garden wasn't too successful... but I think it got too hot. We grew beets and spinach the best, except for his hot Tabasco peppers that make him cry... those things grew like CRAZY and no bugs ever bothered them. We'll try the tomatoes again and cucumbers, peas, beans... I guess we did ok with the green peppers but... it's a work in progress.

2phun- That really bites about losing landscaping. Sorry. It's amazing that the weeds don't die too... but I guess they stay perky just to make us crazy. How's citurs doing up there? I heard on the news that the biggest problem was tomatoes but citrus and strawberries were ok.

Old 02-08-2009 | 09:02 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
I was thinking of two things--the toy that is a steering wheel on a small dash, & a driver's ed car that has a steering wheel for the instructor to take over. The images just flashed in my head when MtyMous said that about his girlfriend. My mind works in strange ways sometimes, but it's entertaining for me!

In Panama City FL it's currently a nice 61 degrees, with a high today of 69. WOOHOO!!! Going to get out there & enjoy some of this Florida Sunshine!!!

OKMini--looking forward to seeing your pics! The more time I spend in this thread, the more I want a Classic Mini of my own, though I do love my LilBeastie:
I thought it was a GREAT idea to put another steering wheel in... like the driver ed kind. Anyone looking in the car (at least at first glance) would be thoroughly confused. Ahhh... Classic Mini... me too.

OKMini- I'm picturing the second wheel for your son (a real one) and I just imagine the bonding you two could have with that! Taking all those corners... driving along "with" you... OMG that would be an awesome memory for both of you! (Not like just driving/riding in the Classic isn't good enough already... just icing on the cake!!) Maybe you could attach something to the floor on his side so that when he gets in you guys can attach his wheel and remove it after if you want to. It would be a beautiful thing for you to do. Wow... I wish I'd had a dad like that.

Mty- All that snow for Tink's first snow? Is that called "tough love"? She doesn't get special treatment and blanketed with fuzzy warm comforter?

Old 02-08-2009 | 09:27 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
MINI-IZED- That commercial was hilarious! I think I had seen it before but it was still just as funny again!

Probably about a year ago I was going to see a movie with a friend of mine. Lots of people were there and the parking garage was pretty full. Drive up the first level... no spaces. Continue driving up to the second level... no spaces... then way at the end I see a young guy "standing" in a space to HOLD it open for someone. Well, the end of the level where he is is actually quite far from the entrance. While driving up the second level I had seen that the third level was open with lots of space... and going to the opposite end of the third level was MUCH closer to the entrance. Anyway, I decided that I was going to freak this guy out a bit for having the nerve to block a space. So as I was driving up toward him getting ready to turn the wheel left to go to the next level, I did one of those "FAKE throwing the football" moves except with the wheel looking like it was turning right at him.
OMG!!! We just about died laughing. I was crying and laughing so hard that I could barely see. That tough guy standing in that spot had this look and he jumped out of that spot SO fast... I bet he needed to check his underwear!My friend and I could hardly walk down the stairs because we couldn't stop laughing and we both thought we'd **** our pants. It was one of the funniest things ever. HOOK-LINE-SINKER!!!.

Old 02-08-2009 | 09:31 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OKMini- I'm picturing the second wheel for your son (a real one) and I just imagine the bonding you two could have with that! Taking all those corners... driving along "with" you... OMG that would be an awesome memory for both of you! (Not like just driving/riding in the Classic isn't good enough already... just icing on the cake!!) Maybe you could attach something to the floor on his side so that when he gets in you guys can attach his wheel and remove it after if you want to. It would be a beautiful thing for you to do. Wow... I wish I'd had a dad like that.
You know...we MINI drivers have so much fun and don't mind the twisties as much as passengers probably because we always (HOPEFULLY!!!) have the steering wheel to grip...it'd probably make ALL our MINIs that much more fun to passengers if they could have one too! (although not functional.)

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:00 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi MCWill. Welcome back!

Looks like, for the most part anyway, people have been pretty quiet here. Are we winding down?
Nooooooooo!

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:24 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey guys!! Petey is much improved!! he truly didn't bounce back until late last night, he still shivers and walks a little pinched towards his flanks but he looks much brighter. He actually went on a few errands with the husband today,,,, It took him a FULL week to recover,,,jeez. He will be on antibiotics for another 10 days and hopefully this is the end of a bad bug.

I, on the other hand am sick,,, and bummed becasue I was hosting a party tonight and had to cancel it. I keep asking Pete if he passed his bug onto me!! actually I had a client come to me sick last Friday and boom I was sick by Tuesday,.,...great, thank you very much....
I will catch up later on, I am enjoying napping on the couch and watching Flip This House and Sell This House, I really enjoy those shows.
It's up to 45 degrees here and it's to be even warmer by tomorrow, hopefully I be able to enjoy some of it.
cabwy- Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Here... maybe this cup of tea with the diving smiley will help!
Glad to hear that Pete is doing better... have you learned anything new about him? Did you end up taking him to the vet yesterday or did you decide not to since he was acting better?

Yesterday, there was awhile when we couldn't find Josie. We finally found her... she was lying in her litter box. Anyone that knows kitties knows this isn't a good sign. She seems ok today... and we've had LOTS of extra time to spend with her... but maybe the time is coming now. We don't know "when"... just that it "is".

Gem- Hope you're enjoying your "mini" vacation before the new job.

There... now I've bumped up a few more posts for MCWill to come in for the win!

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:27 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
You know...we MINI drivers have so much fun and don't mind the twisties as much as passengers probably because we always (HOPEFULLY!!!) have the steering wheel to grip...it'd probably make ALL our MINIs that much more fun to passengers if they could have one too! (although not functional.)
You may be onto something there!

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:32 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Nooooooooo!
I think so... I think we're dying.

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:36 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
I think so... I think we're dying.
Gotta make that 3000. .......before.... <gasp>.... wateeeeer.......

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
that guy would be the originator of FUNK "George Clinton"......would prob move as far north as possible....Minnesota would be good for us.....would love to live somewhere way off the map too....like Helsinki....That would be great
Helsinki is fantastic, great place to live! Great place for summer music festivals too! Lived there for years.

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:18 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everyone!! First of all, Pete is much improved!! I decided not to call the vet and go back in. He is like 98% back to normal, a little thinner but eating well,, pooping well, sleeping well but not all day!

I am sorry I haven't contributed much lately, I am sleeping alot.
'OLA, gosh, sorry to hear that you found Josie in the litter box.. that really sounds worrisome-----Why oh why can't our pets talk to us???
We need to revitalize this thread again,, let's see,, don't you all think seeing pics of TNmm's animals would be a good start??

OMG do any of you guys and gals ever get that ugly barking cough that sounds like you are calling home the elk and bison???
That is where I am at right now,,,,it is such an unfeminine sound....sigh.

Hey!! I just have to say that I love my Sloopy more and more with each passing day. She is such a dream to drive and handles so nicely. I am usually in stop and go traffic and I am averaging arund 24 MPG and I am quite pleased with that. We turned in my Pacifica about a week ago and that was my first time driving it in 3 weeks and it felt like I was driving a hay wagon,,, it was wallowing all over the place.....
Then I get back into my Clubman and I felt as if I was floating

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:27 AM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 2phun
What of my landscaping that didn't die in the freeze a couple weeks ago died this past two days. The only thing that didn't die is the weeds.
Sorry to hear about that 2phun. It's horrible that the weeds survive the freezes but the good stuff doesn't. It's like some conspiracy or something. I'm just glad I'm too lazy to do any real landscaping in the mini-sized backyard I have. Other than the 15 minutes it takes me to mow it (with a weed-wacker) I don't do much with it. But I do have some weeds that have nice flowers, so it's not all bad. And at least it's mostly green. Gotta look at the bright side.

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:46 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Lilbeastie, I'm sorry, I missed your post about losing your plants. So sorry to hear that. I don't know about you but I get really attached to my plants and hate to lose any of them....

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:25 PM
AstroBlackS
5th Gear
82 to go!

Old 02-08-2009 | 01:25 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
if i had the funds to move i would get the hell outta Florida in a hearbeat.....i don't like it here, except my family being near by....
I used to live just above you in Pinellas Park. Lived in Pinellas county for 37 years; the wife had lived there 39. We decided to move out after that bad hurricane season in the fall of 2004. When we couldn't evacuate out of the area due to too damn many people living there, we decided it was time to get out of Dodge.

The wife started looking around the Middle Tennessee area with help from a cousin who is a real estate agent. Together they found a place listed on the Internet that we currently live in now. Funny, it was only the second out of three places we looked at while up here over the 2005 Thanksgiving weekend. We were also fortunate to sell our house down there just prior to the "bubble" bursting on house sales. That was in June '06.

We actually came up here without any job prospects lined up. I found a better paying job than I had down there and the wife found a job that she enjoys also.

I wish you good luck in finding someplace that better suits you to live in.

Old 02-08-2009 | 03:46 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
[quote=cabwy;2659918].....We turned in my Pacifica about a week ago and that was my first time driving it in 3 weeks and it felt like I was driving a hay wagon,,, it was wallowing all over the place....[/quote]

I know the feeling. My previous daily driver (which I still own) was a '99 F-350 dually, diesel, crew cab truck. About every two weeks or so I'll take it for a drive to keep things loosened up. Feels like I'm driving my living room down the road.

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:42 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
[quote=HalAC;2660158]
Originally Posted by cabwy
.....We turned in my Pacifica about a week ago and that was my first time driving it in 3 weeks and it felt like I was driving a hay wagon,,, it was wallowing all over the place....[/quote]

I know the feeling. My previous daily driver (which I still own) was a '99 F-350 dually, diesel, crew cab truck. About every two weeks or so I'll take it for a drive to keep things loosened up. Feels like I'm driving my living room down the road.

I like that analogy,,, driving your living room,,,, still laughing

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey Any of you guys with Classic minis....? Can you describe the difference in the handling of one of those vs. a 2cnd generation MINI?
Not too technical,, just the basic "feel" and the differences in that "feel"

And for god's sake can anyone tell me what this picture is supposed to be??

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:56 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I have no idea... but don't show it again! Ow! My eyes! My eyes!

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:57 PM
OKMini
4th Gear
99 to go to 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread will at least make it to 3,000.......:thumbsu p:

I finally brought my classic home for the re-installation process

Here are some pics after I unloaded it from the trailer:

Free Classic Mini...-pict4274.jpg

Free Classic Mini...-pict4266.jpg

Free Classic Mini...-pict4270.jpg

Here is a link to some more pics.....

http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/q...odson/Painted/

Glad to here that Petey is doing well.......

To our friends in FL - hang in there, this freeze and the loss has been tough - but no one was hurt and that is important to remember!

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:17 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
I have no idea... but don't show it again! Ow! My eyes! My eyes!

sorry RG,,, but I just have to know what this thing is????

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...