Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OKMini
99 to go to 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread will at least make it to 3,000.......:thumbsu p:

I finally brought my classic home for the re-installation process

Here are some pics after I unloaded it from the trailer:

Attachment 40050

Attachment 40051

Attachment 40052

Here is a link to some more pics.....

http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/q...odson/Painted/

Glad to here that Petey is doing well.......

To our friends in FL - hang in there, this freeze and the loss has been tough - but no one was hurt and that is important to remember!

Wow, OKmini, it looks gorgeous!! I cannot even begin to imagine how you will put all of the pieces back together!!! Eesch!! Does this classic have a name?

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:30 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
It looks like Punxsutawney Phil sitting on top of a washing machine.

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey Any of you guys with Classic minis....? Can you describe the difference in the handling of one of those vs. a 2cnd generation MINI?
Not too technical,, just the basic "feel" and the differences in that "feel"

And for god's sake can anyone tell me what this picture is supposed to be??
I have a co-worker whose close friend is a Mini Classic fanatic evidently...and this guy (although not an owner) has been bitten by the bug too - he's been playing middleman to MINI/Mini emails back and forth from us! This Mini Classic fanatic says the only thing he'd recommend driving that's better than the Mini is a Bently.

I think it's a monkey in a top hat and diaper sitting on a washing machine?

OH, and Good news! "Mints" (the MINI) is now "Minty Fresh!" He got a spa day with an **** retentive mom doing the detailing. Pics to follow when the cell recharges!

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:43 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
By jove, I think you are right!! It IS a monkey in a daiper on a washing machine!! I initially thought he was on the pot,,,,, but of course we know where my mind has been all week.

I wanted to wash Sloopy so badly today but was afraid I would end up with pneumonia.....
send pics when you can...

Mmmmiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooolllllaaaaaaaaa !! Where aaaarrrrrrrreeee you????

Old 02-08-2009 | 06:47 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Loook at him! He's BEYOUUTIFUL. And check out those white rims! (I won't bore you with exactly HOW LONG it took me to get them white again - instead of the new color, "brake dust black.")

Old 02-08-2009 | 07:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hey Any of you guys with Classic minis....? Can you describe the difference in the handling of one of those vs. a 2cnd generation MINI?

I thought it was a Monkey sitting on whatever trying to get WARM...ya' know like you guys out East!! (Throw Snowballs PLEASE!!!) We had a light dusting this morning, but I got up to late and missed it.

Attachment 40050

Attachment 40051

Attachment 40052

To our friends in FL - hang in there, this freeze and the loss has been tough - but no one was hurt and that is important to remember!
OK...I'm Soooooo Jealous!!! If Hubby was 'mechanically inclined' in anway what so ever, I would love to have a Classic MINI in that color. I think that's why I chose the Oxygen Blue Color for Molly, it's just so beautiful!!

He's not, but I L<3VE him anyway!!

Old 02-08-2009 | 07:36 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Loook at him! He's BEYOUUTIFUL. And check out those white rims! (I won't bore you with exactly HOW LONG it took me to get them white again - instead of the new color, "brake dust black.")

Mints a BEAUT x uh oh x!! Makes me realize how Bad of a Mom I am for not taking better care of Molly. I've neglected her for a couple of weeks now, 'cause it's been so cold. She got a 'hose off' today at the DIY Car Wash. It's in the Low 40's here, go ahead and laugh, I feel awful 'cause I haven't give her more attention!!

Old 02-08-2009 | 09:57 PM
miniola
6th Gear

I'm pretty sure this is a naughty monkey using the spin cycle for cheap thrills. He's on a front load washer... spins faster than top load (I think).

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

LOVE this funkin' pimp on skates!!Totally cool!

Beautiful white wheels! Did you use the Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser"? I saw that on a commercial the other day. Actually, I've used the Magic Eraser to get the yellowed handles on white appliances "white" again. Also used it on painted white interior house trim (that we thought we were going to have to repaint... but didn't have to!) Pretty impressive.

Sorry I missed you guys today. I was here earlier... talked to Sikamini a bit but mostly to myself.

I think I'll head to bed now. Watching Desp. Housewives but I should close up this computer.

I would love to test out a Classic one day. (dreaming dreaming dreaming)

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Gem- Hope you're enjoying your "mini" vacation before the new job.
good morning, i'm trying to catch up on the last couple pages.
first we are not winding down, it was the first nice spring weekend and i washed both cars. I was out for as long as i could, but also trying to get that last minute studying done for the final that i took last night.

OLA, you are right, today i woke in a great "MINI vacation" mood and i want to take my nice clean Nugget out for a drive and do all the things in one day that i couldn't do in the last 3 months waiting for that job offer.
As it stands the offer is on the table and I am waiting for a return from him, to find out when he wants me to start, could be tomorrow....

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:36 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X UH OH X - nice job on your car, you are right it is beautiful. And oh my gosh, please tell us how you got those wheels so clean!! and do you have time to do mine????

RJ -hopefully I will not throw a snowball at you for the rest of the season. NO SNOW ON THE DECK for the first time in months!!! yes!!!

Cab how are you feeling this morning and hope to hear Pete is running around again!
OKMINI - do love that color on you classic.

Old 02-09-2009 | 06:48 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hello all!! Gem you wondered how Pete and I were doing?? I only wish that I felt as good as he does!! He is back to normal, well, still a little subdued but his full appetite has returned and he is prancing around the house like he owns it agian!

I am miserable,,, just miserable and have canceled another day of clients which I really hate to do. This is a nasty bug and I am now waiting fro an Rx to be filled at my local CVS to help me stop this downward spiral!!

x uhoh x that is one mighty fine looking MINI!! OMG, just the sight of those white wheels is intimidating to me!! I feel horrible that I haven't been up to washing Sloopy, I am sure she is a itchy with that salt layer on her...
now listen up people, we need to set some sortof prize for the 3000th post,, what will it be?? Any suggestions?

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:09 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Cab, sorry you are so sick, is Pete laying and comforting you as you did with him?? Is't that always the way, the kids are off playing and expecting you to get up and feed them now... gotta love them.

I agree a prize for the 3000 post. MCwill what would you like? hum, I don't think i have anything cool to offer unless someone from Florida wins and would like one of my plants, but how do you ship a plant? hum anyone else?

Old 02-09-2009 | 08:03 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
LOVE this funkin' pimp on skates!!Totally cool!

Beautiful white wheels! Did you use the Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser"? I saw that on a commercial the other day. Actually, I've used the Magic Eraser to get the yellowed handles on white appliances "white" again. Also used it on painted white interior house trim (that we thought we were going to have to repaint... but didn't have to!) Pretty impressive.
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
X UH OH X - nice job on your car, you are right it is beautiful. And oh my gosh, please tell us how you got those wheels so clean!! and do you have time to do mine????
I used a BMW wheel gel cleaner (gel in a spray bottle...? Whatever!) that I got from the German BWM dealership (German as in IN Germany before I left) and a LOT of elbow grease. I haven't used it up yet, so I'm not sure what I'm going to switch to when it's gone, but I'm still researching. Then I used "Wheel Wax" from....MINI Mania? - which makes them shiny and much much easier to clean next time...as long as I don't wait MONTHS again and a couple long road trips. The brake dust really pitted them, and all my elbow grease wouldn't have gotten rid of it even if I had the engergy...I had forgotten how much curb rash I had on one of them, so might have to figure out how to fix that...does the Magic Erase to that? *Sigh* No matter how hard it is to keep 'em clean, I still LOVE the whiteness. Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Old 02-09-2009 | 09:07 AM
glangford
6th Gear
Hello all!! Gem you wondered how Pete and I were doing?? I only wish that I felt as good as he does!! He is back to normal, well, still a little subdued but his full appetite has returned and he is prancing around the house like he owns it agian!

I am miserable,,, just miserable and have canceled another day of clients which I really hate to do. This is a nasty bug and I am now waiting fro an Rx to be filled at my local CVS to help me stop this downward spiral!!

x uhoh x that is one mighty fine looking MINI!! OMG, just the sight of those white wheels is intimidating to me!! I feel horrible that I haven't been up to washing Sloopy, I am sure she is a itchy with that salt layer on her...
now listen up people, we need to set some sortof prize for the 3000th post,, what will it be?? Any suggestions?
Horray for Pete.

For you, Hope you get better soon.

Old 02-09-2009 | 10:04 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
It looks like Punxsutawney Phil sitting on top of a washing machine.

Old 02-09-2009 | 10:34 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well cabwy -- i know it's an "old wives tale" but it's true: you feel worst at sunrise & sunset. If you can build yourself up for those two times of day, you might feel a little better. Hope you DO feel better!

And the salt layer provides a thin layer of protection! (yeah,....yeahh, that's it!) Just don't "swipe" it off - that leads to scratches and then banishment by Obsessive Compulsive MINI Disorder (OCMD) types....

How about we put a little model MINI up for the prize? I think I can dig one up somewhere...

Old 02-09-2009 | 11:28 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Old 02-09-2009 | 11:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
Now THAT is FUNNY! Looks like this happens in lots of other threads too... we just happen to actually ENJOY each other's company. It's all good!

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:15 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear

Attachment 40050

Attachment 40051

Attachment 40052

How long does it take to take everything out of the car and put it back together?

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
cabwy- Try to go out for a ride in Sloopy... open the windows and let the fresh air flow past your snout... 'er... nose.

xuhohx- Don't think the "Magic Eraser" helps pits.

And to everyone else... hope you're having a great day!

Skillet, anything new?

Old 02-09-2009 | 02:02 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
cabwy- Try to go out for a ride in Sloopy... open the windows and let the fresh air flow past your snout... 'er... nose.

xuhohx- Don't think the "Magic Eraser" helps pits.

And to everyone else... hope you're having a great day!

Skillet, anything new?

LOL,,, I actually DID take a ride in Sloopy- straight to CVS to pick up drugs..........now I am tucked into the recliner with my hot tea.....

Old 02-09-2009 | 02:14 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Radom - great answer for the Pauxsutawany Phil - LOL

MINIspud, love that and up that is us alright!

Old 02-09-2009 | 04:14 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Re: white wheels

Of course, with a black roof and tinted windows, I think black wheels are so much better looking for my car. And I imagine they are a lot easier to keep clean than the white, as well.

As far as a prize for post 3000: Hmmmmm. Maybe I could offer up the prize I got for post #2009. (But what if I win, then what?)

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Of course, with a black roof and tinted windows, I think black wheels are so much better looking for my car. And I imagine they are a lot easier to keep clean than the white, as well.

As far as a prize for post 3000: Hmmmmm. Maybe I could offer up the prize I got for post #2009. (But what if I win, then what?)
Can you believe that post #2009 was back on page #81?!?

Can't stay... have to come back. MCWill, who was giving out that prize? Was it Scooop? I thought I remembered when he offered the prize you said something about any software that he had- you probably already had it? Can't remember for sure without going back. Did you end up pm'ing him for it? I think I remember him saying something about hurrying up to decide because his company was laying people off. Haven't seen him in awhile. Hope everything is ok with him.

And I would say that if there's a chance you're going to win again, offer up a REALLY good prize!

I also wanted to say to "spud"... I think the road sign that sikamini has with his info (curvy road) is probably more accurate of this group. I know it's lots of reading, but we go off topic and come back... go off and come back. So if there was an imaginary line that went straight through from top to bottom, we'd see that at some point we always come back.

And I'd like to thank the Academy... and...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...