Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:13 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
MCWill you are incorrigible!!! I am not even trying anymore. I know somehow you will swoop in and win....

Okay, now this is unorthodox, but if any of you want I can offer up a prize that will be guaranteed to keep you out of the office/worklace for several days.
I can mail you some of my germs!!!

Old 02-09-2009 | 05:22 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
'OLA I have been worrying about the same thing,,,, wondering if Scoop is okay at his workplace.....

maybe if we all join hands and concentrate we can conjure him up tonight....

SCOOOP....SCOOOp....SCOOop...SCOoop....SCooop...Sc ooop..scooop,,,scooop

Old 02-09-2009 | 06:57 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
LOL,,, I actually DID take a ride in Sloopy- straight to CVS to pick up drugs..........now I am tucked into the recliner with my hot tea.....
Cabwy...in the AM try a drink of "Honey and Lemon" in Warm Water. This is supposed to help you feel better.

Get Better Soon!!

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:16 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Cabwy...in the AM try a drink of "Honey and Lemon" in Warm Water. This is supposed to help you feel better.

Get Better Soon!!

I am actually eyeing my husband's Scotch even as I type this!! But maybe the warm tea with honey and lemon would be a healthier choice...

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I am actually eyeing my husband's Scotch even as I type this!! But maybe the warm tea with honey and lemon would be a healthier choice...
Take the Scotch!!

Do the tea, honey and lemon thing in the morning.

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:27 PM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Warm tea with honey, lemon...and a shot of Scotch...is good for you. Helps you sleep, which is what your system needs to fight off that nasty cold. I hope you kick the bug fast. Oh, and I appreciate the offer of the germs, but I just can't possibly accept such generosity. Even though we were all taught as children that it's good to share, there are some things that shouldn't be shared, ya know??

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:31 PM
miniola
6th Gear
'OLA I have been worrying about the same thing,,,, wondering if Scoop is okay at his workplace.....

maybe if we all join hands and concentrate we can conjure him up tonight....

SCOOOP....SCOOOp....SCOOop...SCOoop....SCooop...Sc ooop..scooop,,,scooop

Scooop hasn't posted in awhile. I hope he still has a job.

I was just looking through the posts and trying to find the name of the supposed Grandma. BTW- her name is MARTHA BISHOP. The funny thing about Apple is that she likes to post part truth and part big fat lie... (like her son's age and that his name is David). I wonder where this Martha Bishop was supposed to have been driving from. Don't think we ever got that info.

Anyway, looking back through the posts has actually made me kind of sad.

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Warm tea with honey, lemon...and a shot of Scotch...is good for you. Helps you sleep, which is what your system needs to fight off that nasty cold. I hope you kick the bug fast. Oh, and I appreciate the offer of the germs, but I just can't possibly accept such generosity. Even though we were all taught as children that it's good to share, there are some things that shouldn't be shared, ya know??
Alcohol is good for you... unless you drink too much of course.

And I agree with LilB on this... cabwy- you keep your cooties to yourself!(I know... these are APPLE cooties... but we've had too many.)

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:54 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Alcohol is good for you... unless you drink too much of course.

And I agree with LilB on this... cabwy- you keep your cooties to yourself!(I know... these are APPLE cooties... but we've had too many.)

Okay,,,*sniff* I'll keep the darn things to myself... miniola I was looking for that cootie bug ---and I couldn't find it... yep, I think there is some scotch in my near future and I guess I will be sitting up tonight if it doesn't help!!

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
How ya feelin' today, cabwy? Did the scotch help?

Old 02-10-2009 | 09:30 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I was wondering the same thing... perhaps a little too much Scotch?

cabwy- hope you're feeling better after your morning tea!

I wonder if Gem started her new job today?

It's been very quiet here. Has everyone turned into a secret lurker now?

xuhohx- What shortened name would you like to be?

The other day I found my senior pictures and they are hysterical! My hair was SO huge! And last night at the grocery store I saw two hairspray brands that I think I probably used. In junior high of course it was "AquaNet" (which smells a little different now ... better than it used to) and high school I think I used "Rave". I had a "moment" where I showed my husband how I'd hang upside down and just spray like crazy. I was thinking of posting the pics and thinking that other people could post theirs. There's one pic I found where I have this huge golden mane and I am sitting on the grass with some trees behind me. It almost looks like I just crawled out of the den!

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Old 02-10-2009 | 09:40 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I was wondering the same thing... perhaps a little too much Scotch?

cabwy- hope you're feeling better after your morning tea!

I wonder if Gem started her new job today?

It's been very quiet here. Has everyone turned into a secret lurker now?

xuhohx- What shortened name would you like to be?

The other day I found my senior pictures and they are hysterical! My hair was SO huge! And last night at the grocery store I saw two hairspray brands that I think I probably used. In junior high of course it was "AquaNet" (which smells a little different now ... better than it used to) and high school I think I used "Rave". I had a "moment" where I showed my husband how I'd hang upside down and just spray like crazy. I was thinking of posting the pics and thinking that other people could post theirs. There's one pic I found where I have this huge golden mane and I am sitting on the grass with some trees behind me. It almost looks like I just crawled out of the den!

Hope everyone's having a good day.
You crack me up! Brightens the day, that's for sure, 'Ola. As for short name, most of the kids on Random Thoughts and EMRT call me X or something, although the intent with the name (and the license plate) was for the UHOH part. the Xs were just for space markers - or to simulate eyes scrunched shut!!!! (sorry, my scrunch-eyes smiley isn't working today.)

I SECOND the motion to post hilarious old pics!! Although I honestly haven't changed much over the years - once I outgrew the babyfat face, I still look pretty much the same! I have naturally curly very dark hair, and (GOD HELP US) my mother convinced me that I need to get a body-wave and a cut (from below shoulder length to a bob below the ears) to help "tame" it...yeah...that did NOT work. I left the salon with wet hair, and as we drove home it dried. I ended up looking like a giant fuzzy black lion and NO amount of gel or mousse was getting it tamed. AND THEN the chemicals ended up streaking my hair RED!! Mom was never allowed any say-so on my hair ever after. (All my pics are at home, so all I can do is talk smak right now. )

Old 02-10-2009 | 10:14 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
You crack me up! Brightens the day, that's for sure, 'Ola. As for short name, most of the kids on Random Thoughts and EMRT call me X or something, although the intent with the name (and the license plate) was for the UHOH part. the Xs were just for space markers - or to simulate eyes scrunched shut!!!! (sorry, my scrunch-eyes smiley isn't working today.)

I SECOND the motion to post hilarious old pics!! Although I honestly haven't changed much over the years - once I outgrew the babyfat face, I still look pretty much the same! I have naturally curly very dark hair, and (GOD HELP US) my mother convinced me that I need to get a body-wave and a cut (from below shoulder length to a bob below the ears) to help "tame" it...yeah...that did NOT work. I left the salon with wet hair, and as we drove home it dried. I ended up looking like a giant fuzzy black lion and NO amount of gel or mousse was getting it tamed. AND THEN the chemicals ended up streaking my hair RED!! Mom was never allowed any say-so on my hair ever after. (All my pics are at home, so all I can do is talk smak right now. )
Always wanted a "tee hee" guy! LOVE IT! I can call you "UHOH"... works for me. (I'm trying to remember the name of the first home "body wave" perm that I had. Was it "Toni"? The neighbor lady almost drowned me while rinsing it out... I cried and went in the bathroom where I repeatedly washed it with PERT to get rid of it. I was told it would "relax" on its own... but I didn't give it time.) I have had a horrific "red" story too!I'm betting that the two of us aren't the only ones.

So I just noticed the title of this thread was edited to "FREE CLASSIC MINI was all a lie...".

I wonder if we should start a different thread for this? I liked your idea before about "Goofy Girls in MINIs"... I'd be all for that! I had also thought about a kind of "Guess What Era This is From" thread where people post pics of themselves with various hairstyles, clothing styles, etc. and we try and guess (and laugh of course) about how things change. NAM is a place for ALL types of people... and for the most part we all just sort of mesh together because of the love of one little car.

Old 02-10-2009 | 10:17 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
HI everyone!! Here I am!! Here I am!!
I actually didn't do the Scotch,, I got to worrying about all of the tylenol that I was ingesting and didn't want to risk damaging my kidneys. Yes, that would be my luck, totally!
I did find a bottle of cough syrup with codeine and enjoyed a healthy dose of that.
But it was a long night, coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed.....getting the picture???
So I had some toast and drugs for breakfast and returned to bed. I am looking at my schedule and I have decided that this week is going to be a bust. Even though I doubt that I am still contagious this dry barking cough would scare anyone right off the table!!
I love the old pictures idea... I truly don't have too many of myself during my teens. But I am sure I could scrounge up something.
Isn't it sad what we all did to our hair?? I had one of those disastrous perms to try to control my curly/wavy hair also.... It was a horrible time...
Maybe,,just maybe MCWill can find an older photo that he would like to share??

Old 02-10-2009 | 10:20 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey!! "ola,,, good eye in noticing the new title to the thread..... wow, I wouldn't have ever noticed that..

Old 02-10-2009 | 10:40 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Yeah, I'm thinking no one is going to want you coughing like a YAK while they're trying to relax! If I was the patient I'd be thinking about you coughing and your "TB droplets hanging in the air" and "did you just cough on that hand that you are touching me with?". I'm pretty sure I'd have to cancel the appt.

cabwy- How long have you been married? Surely you must have some old pics from the '70's or '80's or '90's? Now, I'm thinking Skillet's senior pic would probably look almost the same as he looks now. He had a hell of a nice Knight Rider thingy going on though!

I'd like to see some REAL mullets too! Fancy bell bottoms, acid washed jeans? Anyone? I know that not everyone would have a senior pic so that's why I'd open it up to any crazy old pics. Also considered Driver's License/ Photo ID pics (personal info marked out of course... unless it's Apple ).

So my thinking is that if we started a new place we might get more activity. We'd get our friends from here plus some new people that maybe aren't coming here to FCM due to the fact that there are too many pages to keep up with. What do you guys think?

Old 02-10-2009 | 11:43 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Of course, with a black roof and tinted windows, I think black wheels are so much better looking for my car. And I imagine they are a lot easier to keep clean than the white, as well.

As far as a prize for post 3000: Hmmmmm. Maybe I could offer up the prize I got for post #2009. (But what if I win, then what?)
+1 on that!

Silver is just as hard to keep clean though I imagine you don't notice the black dust as much on silver as you would on white. Viola's wheels end up turning black after a week. I have considered swapping out the brake pads so that I don't have to clean the wheels as much, but figured I may as well just do it when it needs to be done. Also, I understand that less brake dust = harder brake pads which = less responsive braking. I love the way the car responds right now, so I guess I can put up with the gross black crud on my wheels... though there are days when I think about tracking down a set of matte black wheels so that I don't have to bother with the mess.

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi guys it's me and i'm back...
long and short of it is i've been doing as OLA said and a mini vacation, before i start my new job.... so running around the last 2 days.

so yesterday morning i emailed the new job and accepted - to my understanding they wanted me to start right way.I told him in the email that i could start this week or Monday his choice. So this morning, i got an email from them and it said "thank you and we will contact you next week"....

SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS?????
So here i sit and thinking I have a job and now they will "get back to me". Talk about confused!!! I tried to call his office and keep getting his voice mail and I don't want to leave a message- I want to talk to him in person, to make sure he hasn't changed his mind??? I don't get these games!

anyway enough about this job thing.
Didn't notice the title change, high school and yes did the same with the perm thingy, does anyone remember Rosanna Anna Danna from SNL... yup i looked just like her after my home perm. Bad thing was I had long straight hair down past my waste and my sister cut it and did this home perm because she was training in Cosmotology!!!

Cab 'bout time you call a doctor?
Maybe I will drink the Scotch!!!

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:08 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
To get the home perm out, wait a couple days to give your scalp time to recover, then go buy another box of perm chemical and put it on your head and comb your hair straight through... and let it sit for the appointed waiting time... then rinse. That *should* counteract the perm. Though I recommend going to a salon and having them fix it... just don't tell your sister about the salon part...

I hope you hear back about that job soon. Jobs are hard to come by in this economy.

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
To get the home perm out, wait a couple days to give your scalp time to recover, then go buy another box of perm chemical and put it on your head and comb your hair straight through... and let it sit for the appointed waiting time... then rinse. That *should* counteract the perm. Though I recommend going to a salon and having them fix it... just don't tell your sister about the salon part...

I hope you hear back about that job soon. Jobs are hard to come by in this economy.
No sorry i didn't make myself clear, I did that in High school!!! Many many many years ago!!! won't do that again, but if i have a weak moment thanks for the advice...

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:42 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Maybe,,just maybe MCWill can find an older photo that he would like to share??
To be honest, my mom convinced me to get a perm back in 1984. I did, and I actually liked it enough that I got another one when the first one grew out! There are pics, but none that are digital, and even if there were...........

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
come on Will, you need to show us something!!!
a permed Will!!!!

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
To be honest, my mom convinced me to get a perm back in 1984. I did, and I actually liked it enough that I got another one when the first one grew out! There are pics, but none that are digital, and even if there were...........
Take a picture of the picture... just like the rest of us that don't have digital pics or a color scanner.

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:56 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
OMG I just had a hot toddy and am I a mess!! I don't usually drink... just never have and that 1-2 ounces of Glen Livet Scotch is really hitting me hard!! trouble is I am still coughing, but maybe not as much?

"ola I will be married 9 years this May..... LOL okay okay, this is my second marriage. I was married 26 years the first time around and we eloped so we have no photos. And a lot of photos have been "lost" during the "friendly"
dissolution... but I have some stuffed in a drawer somewhere,,, I will work on finding some while I am home recuperating. I just canceled everyone for tomorrow, I think I am pretty much screwed this week. So I might as well go find some humiliating shots of myself,,, TNMM maybe I can find a hoss shot or two...I have one when I was 9 or so riding one of the race horses,,,, is that too far back?

Gem, that sucks about that guys wording on the job front and it sucks that I am too sick to keep our luncheon. TOTALLY SUCKS!!

sorry, I think that was a hot toddy rant...
Gem,,, ( inititally I wrote germ,,hahahahaha) I hate going to see the dr. I am on antibiotics and I know how my body likes to carry on when it gets a flu like this so I will ride it out.... if it is still this bad on friday I will go see him, at times in the past I have had to go on steroids to settle down my lungs....jeez It seems to be my weak spot and it never goes into pneumonia it just sits in this nasty coughing stage. I am so blessed.

I have a stethoscope so I listened to my lungs, no rattle, creak or wheeze so far.

So, will we just stay here on this thread or move on to another thread? I kindof hate to move away, I have felt so safe and cocooned here on our little nook in cyberspace. But maybe it would be nice to have others join in?? I am sooo on the fence...

I am wary of asking this but heck, now the scotch is talking so here goes: is anyone on Facebook? I have several photos on there........

Funny I still feel like krap but the hot toddy makes me a little less concerned about it,, kindof like morphine... great, now I am seeing double....

Old 02-10-2009 | 01:06 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Cab-you are too funny, please don't worry about tomorrow, and to be honest, I don't want to get sick. so get better and besides Holly had plans too but wants to do coffee some other time. So don't worry and have another hot toddy and make me one too!!!
I've decided i will go out for a topless drive tomorrow in the 60 degree weather and take the pup with me!

I don't know what to think but would they really offer me a job and then take it away? i would hope not becuase i don't have a back up anymore either. I'm hoping it is just they are trying to get the office set up. I'm Staying Positive.

I have a facebook with only 1 photo in it, only because i set it up last week for my godchild request... no help there.

I don't care if we move or not, I kinda of like it here, but then again, ?? undecided.

more chocolate anyone????

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...