Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:30 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Oh yeah, that is me with a piggy, I have one with a calf and one with our chickens and several of me on hourses,,, hysterical.
The farm shots look like they came out of "Grapes of Wrath"

I got voted that in our junior year in one of the new rags the school put out. I was shocked,,, it was something like what is the perfect girl? And they named my body and another girls face...LOL Isn't that funny how we are? I didn't see the compliment then.

And I think being a military officer is sooo cool,,, what is your rank?? Is that how you say it? Tell us more!!

'Ola I can see you being shy and then totally coming into yourself and tearing it up at college!!
I never had the cool "college experience"... . I went later than others my age and was actually one of the middle aged people. I wonder how that would have influenced my life if I'd been able to do that. Oh well, everything we experience is what makes each of us unique... I have a GREAT personality!

Your body with someone else's face? Uh... well, I guess you could be happy that you were at least a "portion" of the perfect girl!

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

(And do i REALLY look like the type to let somebody give me a swirly??? )
Nope.

I could never be in the military... don't get me wrong... I've got some nuggets but... I would cry.

MINI-IZED- If that had been an option for titles at my school, I would have won hands down! I was definitely known for that. I drove a big bomber and I was always running late. My younger brother and I knew where cops would sit on the highway and he would use his Casio calculator stop watch and we'd time it. I'd always fly past other kids going to school... SO funny! Now post a pic of yourself!

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:40 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok gonna go for awhile. My battery is running on E and my feet are freezing.

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:41 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Uh Oh... I should have remained a lurker. Now they are requesting pictures, Gotta go...

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:46 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
(And I'm a Major, my specialty is logistics.)

Uhoh, that is awesome!! I am so proud to know you!! You should shout that from the rooftops....
guess it is too much to ask for a shot of you in uniform??
Thank you for all you do for our country.... *where is that saluting smiley*

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:48 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I never had the cool "college experience"... . I went later than others my age and was actually one of the middle aged people. I wonder how that would have influenced my life if I'd been able to do that. Oh well, everything we experience is what makes each of us unique... I have a GREAT personality!

Your body with someone else's face? Uh... well, I guess you could be happy that you were at least a "portion" of the perfect girl!

See??? YOu get it.... I always felt somehow it was a slam.....

pictures......pictures,,,,,,pictures.......

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:48 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
Uh Oh... I should have remained a lurker. Now they are requesting pictures, Gotta go...

there are no free rides..... cough it up!!

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:56 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Uhoh, that is awesome!! I am so proud to know you!! You should shout that from the rooftops....
oh, cab, you're so funny! Thank you, though. I come from a long line of military types, although i'm the first female (and only, so far.) My "little brother" is also Army; my husband and I are dual military, too (which means we're both military) so getting assigned to the same location gets kinda tough sometimes.

As requested.
(first was about ...yikes! eight years ago.) (second was during a "chunky" stage - about six years ago, before I collected my "mexican general's bling".)

Old 02-10-2009 | 05:58 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
there are no free rides..... cough it up!!

Tell you what, lets have a little contest since the next post goal is going to be a ways away. If you can get MCWill to post an actual pic of himself, past or present, I will dig up an mullet-contest-winning-pic of me from waaaaaayyyy back. ***** in your court MCWill

Old 02-10-2009 | 06:03 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

See??? YOu get it.... I always felt somehow it was a slam.....

pictures......pictures,,,,,,pictures.......
Au contraire! I don't think it's exactly a slam - i mean, look at how lovely you are NOW? THose kids just didn't realize you were the whole package back then - they could only see part of the picture.

And 'Ola, the "cool" college experience isn't all it's cracked up to be - you probably got a helluva lot more out of it than most "cool college kids." I had a tough time putting up with the college kid crap, and I WAS their age! I had things to do and places to go, and didn't have time for all the shenanigans all the time. (Doesn't mean I didn't have fun, though.)

Nope.

I could never be in the military... don't get me wrong... I've got some nuggets but... I would cry.
It's not always easy, but if you've got some "nuggets" you'd survive...and everybody cries sometimes! (You just gotta time it right...)

Old 02-10-2009 | 06:09 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
MINI-IZED- If that had been an option for titles at my school, I would have won hands down! I was definitely known for that. I drove a big bomber and I was always running late. My younger brother and I knew where cops would sit on the highway and he would use his Casio calculator stop watch and we'd time it. I'd always fly past other kids going to school... SO funny! Now post a pic of yourself!

I can believe that especially after I read this post from a few pages back:

MINI-IZED- That commercial was hilarious! I think I had seen it before but it was still just as funny again!

Probably about a year ago I was going to see a movie with a friend of mine. Lots of people were there and the parking garage was pretty full. Drive up the first level... no spaces. Continue driving up to the second level... no spaces... then way at the end I see a young guy "standing" in a space to HOLD it open for someone. Well, the end of the level where he is is actually quite far from the entrance. While driving up the second level I had seen that the third level was open with lots of space... and going to the opposite end of the third level was MUCH closer to the entrance. Anyway, I decided that I was going to freak this guy out a bit for having the nerve to block a space. So as I was driving up toward him getting ready to turn the wheel left to go to the next level, I did one of those "FAKE throwing the football" moves except with the wheel looking like it was turning right at him.
OMG!!! We just about died laughing. I was crying and laughing so hard that I could barely see. That tough guy standing in that spot had this look and he jumped out of that spot SO fast... I bet he needed to check his underwear!My friend and I could hardly walk down the stairs because we couldn't stop laughing and we both thought we'd **** our pants. It was one of the funniest things ever. HOOK-LINE-SINKER!!!.

Old 02-10-2009 | 06:16 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Yup. Minola is a rebel.

Old 02-10-2009 | 06:41 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I can believe that especially after I read this post from a few pages back:
Mini-ized,,, so glad you brought this back up.... somehow I missed this story....!! Must have been when I was drinking my hot toddy???

And BTW if I continue to cough this hard I will need Depends.......

UHOH,,, awesome photos,, I am surprised that you are " allowed" to wear that "ruffley" blouse...
Hey when you guys got married did you both wear your uniforms??? You will sooo regret me finding this out,, I will pester you with question after question.

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:36 PM
miniola
6th Gear

+1

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:44 PM
miniola
6th Gear
oh, cab, you're so funny! Thank you, though. I come from a long line of military types, although i'm the first female (and only, so far.) My "little brother" is also Army; my husband and I are dual military, too (which means we're both military) so getting assigned to the same location gets kinda tough sometimes.

As requested.
(first was about ...yikes! eight years ago.) (second was during a "chunky" stage - about six years ago, before I collected my "mexican general's bling".)

1st pic looks a little like a brunette J Foster. But funny, you look happier and healthier in your (so called "chunky" ) Mexican bling pic. Were you? The first pic definitely looks like no chance of a swirly happening!

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:50 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Yup. Minola is a rebel.
Sometimes "cute and innocent" gets a girl a long way!

MINI-IZED- If you only knew.

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:59 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Tell you what, lets have a little contest since the next post goal is going to be a ways away. If you can get MCWill to post an actual pic of himself, past or present, I will dig up an mullet-contest-winning-pic of me from waaaaaayyyy back. ***** in your court MCWill
We'll never get MCWill to post a real pic of himself. Guess we're all going to have to just visit the "Rate My Mullet" site for our Mullet fill.

Hey cab, hope you're feeling a little better tonight.

Wonder where Gem went tonight. She didn't even try to compete for the post... hope she's ok. Hope she didn't have to go to Sam's Club and by the big bulk bag of Hershey's Kisses.

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:44 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Mini-ized,,, so glad you brought this back up.... somehow I missed this story....!! Must have been when I was drinking my hot toddy???

And BTW if I continue to cough this hard I will need Depends.......

UHOH,,, awesome photos,, I am surprised that you are " allowed" to wear that "ruffley" blouse...
Hey when you guys got married did you both wear your uniforms??? You will sooo regret me finding this out,, I will pester you with question after question.
Poor cab! Maybe you need fresh air? Is it getting ANY better? Barking at a lower volume maybe?

That "ruffley" blouse is a serious PITA, and is regulation!! When we got married, only HE wore the dress uniform (i.e. the Mexican general bling one) -- I got to be the princess that day. At all the "formal" functions, i have to wear uniforms instead of pretty dresses (even if it's HIS function, not mine), so I was adamant about a real dress at the wedding. The invites still had both our ranks though.

1st pic looks a little like a brunette J Foster. But funny, you look happier and healthier in your (so called "chunky" ) Mexican bling pic. Were you? The first pic definitely looks like no chance of a swirly happening!
That first pic is actually one of our official photos -- gotta submit one of those before promotion boards, etc. I WAS happier and healthier in the second - although I might say a little TOO healthy!!! Unfortunately for females in the military, especially ones built like me (let's just say more Ruebenesque than Twiggy?), there's a fine line we always have to walk...*sigh* I come from a long line of strong, stout, strapping Irish and Welsh women....I just happen to be taller than they were.

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:44 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Old 02-11-2009 | 06:46 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
We'll never get MCWill to post a real pic of himself. Guess we're all going to have to just visit the "Rate My Mullet" site for our Mullet fill.
Heyyy...maybe you could "research" MCWill like you did Apple!? Look at the wealth of information you found on her, not to mention toe-pics! Maybe we could find stuff on HIM....???

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:28 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Good morning all! I had a sucky night,,, coughed so hard that I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my ribs and sternum. So off I go to see my doctor this afternoon, I am seriously worried that I won't be working again next week. sigh
UHOH I loved that movie promo,,, good catch on the cabrio

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I saw that 'Ola and MINI-ized saw the NAMer asking for the "cliff notes" version of this thread. Poor guy. Couldn't bear to read all 122 pages of us.

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:40 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi everyone not my self today, just a quick check in...
first i would like to say love the photos, didn't finish reading though not much time.
Now let me start by filling everyone in after all the congrats. When i got the job offer friday night i was on my way out to dinner, and wanted to discuss things with hubby. we satruday and sunday i was studying for my exam and monday i email back to the guy and accepted the offer of the job... his email yesterday was (as i told you all)"we will get back to you next week". Not understanding this so i called him and he said " i didn't seem excited enough about the offer and he has received 140 resumes and so he is going to interview more people!
he took the offer back. After i scrapped my jaw off the floor, i cried all night and all morning.
sorry to bum everyone out...
I did however put the top down on my car this morning took and pup out for a hour long drive it did me some good.
I now have to go get ready for an interview (made a bunch of calls this mornign to other contacts).
All i can is is Mean People suck - excuse my language I'm really mad!

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:19 AM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
What a crappy thing to do!! I am sorry to hear that Gem. If they offer the job again are you going to tell them to take a hike?

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
All i can is is Mean People suck - excuse my language I'm really mad!
No excuse necessary, more language required!! I hope you find something better, this almost sounds like a place you wouldn't want to work at anyway especially if they pull crap like this!

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:42 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Cute movie promo, and IT HAS A MINI CABRIO!

http://videogum.com/archives/chick-f...on_049072.html
That was really funny... although I am bummed that there will NOT be a MINI CABRIO chase!!! I love those!

And no, I am not going to try and resarch MCWill... as long as he doesn't offer MINI/Mini. Research on Apple served a real purpose... a means to an end of the drama as we knew it.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...