Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Good morning all! I had a sucky night,,, coughed so hard that I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my ribs and sternum. So off I go to see my doctor this afternoon, I am seriously worried that I won't be working again next week. sigh
UHOH I loved that movie promo,,, good catch on the cabrio
cabwy- Is your Yak cough a dry cough? If so... I think I got your cooties somehow.

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:52 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem!!~ I am sooo sorry... my first thought is that I don't think you really want to work for this kind of person, he sounds like a head job.

You mentioned another company that was interested in offering you a job? Can you contact them really quickly?? Any chance at all you can fix that??

What a crum bum,,,really.... a creep

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:56 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hi everyone not my self today, just a quick check in...
first i would like to say love the photos, didn't finish reading though not much time.
Now let me start by filling everyone in after all the congrats. When i got the job offer friday night i was on my way out to dinner, and wanted to discuss things with hubby. we satruday and sunday i was studying for my exam and monday i email back to the guy and accepted the offer of the job... his email yesterday was (as i told you all)"we will get back to you next week". Not understanding this so i called him and he said " i didn't seem excited enough about the offer and he has received 140 resumes and so he is going to interview more people!
he took the offer back. After i scrapped my jaw off the floor, i cried all night and all morning.
sorry to bum everyone out...
I did however put the top down on my car this morning took and pup out for a hour long drive it did me some good.
I now have to go get ready for an interview (made a bunch of calls this mornign to other contacts).
All i can is is Mean People suck - excuse my language I'm really mad!
Wow... that really BITES! You need lots of these...

So I guess people can't take the time to think about it anymore? Is this his way of negotiating in hopes that you'll be begging him to work for less?

Sorry Gem. Really sorry.

What ever happened with that job where the lady was sick? Anything there?
Good luck on your interview today.

Old 02-11-2009 | 10:59 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem I just ran this whole mess by my husband, for what it's worth he thinks you should talk to this guy again and tell him you are really interested in this position, and by doing this you are showing him you DO really want this job.
Personally I think the man is an egotistical person who knows he has many people desparate for employment and the power is going to his head....

This sooo sucks

Old 02-11-2009 | 11:12 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gem I just ran this whole mess by my husband, for what it's worth he thinks you should talk to this guy again and tell him you are really interested in this position, and by doing this you are showing him you DO really want this job.
Personally I think the man is an egotistical person who knows he has many people desparate for employment and the power is going to his head....

This sooo sucks
Maybe a good idea actually. I'm just thinking too... there's a good chance that he's pressed by his boss to fill the position ASAP (unless he's TOP DOG/OWNER)... but still... he obviously needs someone. You did say that you thought he would want you to start immediately. Or he could be just a d'head. But did you get that sense when you interviewed with him? Maybe go see him in person... not phone or email... it's a tough time out there. It would be much harder for him to dismiss you to your face. Maybe just stop by unannounced without a set appointment?

Old 02-11-2009 | 12:22 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
'Ola,,, now way!! You are getting my dry hacking cough??? Who knew that I could send my germs through the internet.

Old 02-11-2009 | 01:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
What a crappy thing to do!! I am sorry to hear that Gem. If they offer the job again are you going to tell them to take a hike?

No excuse necessary, more language required!! I hope you find something better, this almost sounds like a place you wouldn't want to work at anyway especially if they pull crap like this!
Thanks, if they offer the job again, i will take it but only until i find something else, No i could not work for a company that treats people like that.

dam dam dam dam dam!!

sorry everyone this thread turns out to be my sounding board of bitc**ing lately!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 02-11-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok I'm back and THINK i have caught all messages.
UHOH- thank you for all you do for us. Love the uniform.
Everyone thanks for the kind words, I thought about calling him and explaining but he even knew i was taking an exam - when he called on friday night he asked how it went forgetting it was sunday.
I don't know, i really have mixed feelings now. I really don't understand how people can play with others lives (LIKE APPLE) and sleep at night!
Cabwy-what did the doc say?
OLA- you had some HAIR!!! but dam cute!!! if i called you hot that would be weird, so i will stick with cute...

i have to read back to see if i forgot anything! AND NO I HAVE NO PICTURES!!! SORRY!!

SERIOUSLY, I want to thank you all for your support, and yes i have 2 more hershey kisses left in the bag but found 2 "1 pounder" blocks of hershey bars in the cabnet... that should hold me for another day!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 02-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 02:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hey i finally get on here and everyone leaves me... dam i really am having a bad day!
I'm better really but will take hershey donations

i have a few photos in my computer but they are all recent last 10 years, nothing from high school, my sister has all those... don't ask why but she is the keeper of all the "growing up" photos.

Old 02-11-2009 | 04:17 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Wow, look at all I've missed. MCWill didn't win.

Gem, sorry about the job. Want me to go talk to him (see pic below)?

x uh oh x: congrats on the win (what did you win?)
miniola: Wow, flashbacks to the big hair days.
cabwy: hope your feeling better, more hot toddy

Sorry that I'm sure I missed out alot of stuff, but I gotta take my daughter to softball tryouts (Little League).

And No I'm not going to post a high school pic of myself (too dorky)

But here's a recent mean one and one at the Renaissance Festival.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-me.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-bananas-crop.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009 | 04:37 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Wow, look at all I've missed. MCWill didn't win.

Gem, sorry about the job. Want me to go talk to him (see pic below)?

x uh oh x: congrats on the win (what did you win?)
miniola: Wow, flashbacks to the big hair days.
cabwy: hope your feeling better, more hot toddy

Sorry that I'm sure I missed out alot of stuff, but I gotta take my daughter to softball tryouts (Little League).

And No I'm not going to post a high school pic of myself (too dorky)

But here's a recent mean one and one at the Renaissance Festival.
And what's wrong with dorky school pics???
I love your photos,,, the Renaissance shot is funny...

Old 02-11-2009 | 04:38 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
hey i finally get on here and everyone leaves me... dam i really am having a bad day!
I'm better really but will take hershey donations

i have a few photos in my computer but they are all recent last 10 years, nothing from high school, my sister has all those... don't ask why but she is the keeper of all the "growing up" photos.
Come back Gem!! I'm here!! I had to go to that Dr appt and get new Rx's or I would have been here for you!!

I will watch for you and we all will "talk" later on..

Old 02-11-2009 | 05:46 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
sigh,, can't anybody come out to play?

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I'm here! Gem, sweetie, if we all were any closer we'd gang up on the bastard. (Ok, maybe nothing illegal, but...we'd THINK REALLY HARD about it!)

Last edited by x uh oh x; 02-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 06:11 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi UHOH,,, good to see you,, this thread feels like a ghost town tonight.

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:18 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Has anyone heard from skillet?

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:24 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
maybe it's the weather? I saw lots of storms rolling around lately. Are the drugs working yet?

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:49 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
maybe it's the weather? I saw lots of storms rolling around lately. Are the drugs working yet?
Ugh, not yet, but my appt wasn't until 4:15. He did give me some medicine that should keep the cough to a minimum,, I hope so because my ribcage and diaphragm are so sore,,
He switched me to a different antibiotic too... hope this works

I haven't heard anything or seen anything from skillet... and I miss him on here

Old 02-11-2009 | 06:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all looks like the gang is all here,
Cab, new drugs working?
CC, go kick some butt for me!
OHUH, wow with all the "back up" on my side, How could i lose.

I told my hubby what the general consensus of everyone here, about calling the guy (yes CEO) and explain how much I really wanted this job, but then I'm a proud, stubborn Italian, and one side of me says move on, another side say prove to him I was the one... Hubby says to call then though better that my temper might get in the way...

anyway, we will see next week. Meanwhile, I have contacted another company that my accountant works with that needs my help, Part time, so i think i will contact the Unemployment office and see what i can do without loosing my benefits and this is supposed to go full time eventually so, maybe that will be the route i should do just to get to know his company. Will know more next week. but promise i won't bore anyone with the details until it falls into place.

CC love both photos but like that mean one the best!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
where is OLA tonight?

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I'm here! Gem, sweetie, if we all were any closer we'd gang up on the bastard. (Ok, maybe nothing illegal, but...we'd THINK REALLY HARD about it!)
thanks much *looking for a hug smiley*

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I have decided this is me! what do you all think remind you of anything?

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:10 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Cab - if it's a barking cough, have you tried a humidifier? If nothin' else, we're all hoping you get better soon.

Gem - you probably don't need to work for somebody like that anyway. "Didn't sound enthusiastic" my hind leg. People like that just **** me off.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi all looks like the gang is all here,
Cab, new drugs working?
CC, go kick some butt for me!
OHUH, wow with all the "back up" on my side, How could i lose.

I told my hubby what the general consensus of everyone here, about calling the guy (yes CEO) and explain how much I really wanted this job, but then I'm a proud, stubborn Italian, and one side of me says move on, another side say prove to him I was the one... Hubby says to call then though better that my temper might get in the way...

anyway, we will see next week. Meanwhile, I have contacted another company that my accountant works with that needs my help, Part time, so i think i will contact the Unemployment office and see what i can do without loosing my benefits and this is supposed to go full time eventually so, maybe that will be the route i should do just to get to know his company. Will know more next week. but promise i won't bore anyone with the details until it falls into place.

CC love both photos but like that mean one the best!
Good for you!! You are hanging tough and not letting it get you down...!!
Good girl!! I like the sound of working part time with the accounting company.
You aren't boring us with this,, if anyone is boring this group it is me with my sick dog who couldn't poop and now me and my cough. I might be responsible for Ola being absent, she mentioned this afternoon that she was getting a dry hacking cough
I didn't know I was so potent,,,

Gem,,? Should we mention that we were up to 66 degrees today??? It killed me that I was in no shape to wash Sloopy.....:(

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:19 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Cab - if it's a barking cough, have you tried a humidifier? If nothin' else, we're all hoping you get better soon.

Gem - you probably don't need to work for somebody like that anyway. "Didn't sound enthusiastic" my hind leg. People like that just **** me off.
Yep we have two humidifers going,,, it is just a good case of bronchitis and I am sure the meds will help,, can't wait to try the new cough meds, he promises me that it will quiet it down and allow me to sleep....
Gosh I was going to insert a sleeping smiley and for the life of me I can't find it!!! argh!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...