Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I have decided this is me! what do you all think remind you of anything?
Gem that is the perfect smiley for you!!!!!! That is sooo funny.. good to see you bouncing back

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I have decided this is me! what do you all think remind you of anything?
Ooopsy, now I am submitting posts twice,,,, sorry peeps!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Cab - if it's a barking cough, have you tried a humidifier? If nothin' else, we're all hoping you get better soon.

Gem - you probably don't need to work for somebody like that anyway. "Didn't sound enthusiastic" my hind leg. People like that just **** me off.
You and i do have the same attitude! Yes people like that **** me off too.
today going on that interview with the agency, guess what they said when i told them what happened... He said " yes that is the new thing, with this economy they can just move to the next candidate!"

amazing, that is all i can say.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I was sitting here thinking about how this thread got started in the first place and was trying to imagine what in the heck would possess someone to post a thread on wanting to give away a free ANYTHING ??

I still wonder if Apple was hoping to get some cash up front for shipping or maybe she was dumb enough not to know how much a classic was worth and decided to sell it?
Of course if she just wanted to stir things up,,,wow!! To start with a granny like friend who was to visit and so on and so on,,,,well, she really should try writing for a living!!
I agree with what 'Ola said yesterday ( or the day before) if you go back and start re reading this thread it IS a little sad.....
WEll, until you get to those beers on the wall....

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:27 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
You and i do have the same attitude! Yes people like that **** me off too.
today going on that interview with the agency, guess what they said when i told them what happened... He said " yes that is the new thing, with this economy they can just move to the next candidate!"

amazing, that is all i can say.
Well, to me that makes him a rude bully...... doesn't he know he is messing with YOUR LIFE???
This economy sucks and if this is how people with jobs and who are hiring think they can behave,,,,well it is pathetic.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:28 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Good for you!! You are hanging tough and not letting it get you down...!!
Gem,,? Should we mention that we were up to 66 degrees today??? It killed me that I was in no shape to wash Sloopy.....:(
Ok since you brought it up, I'm going to say at 10:30 this morning, I wiped the tears from my eyes, I pulled Nugget out of the garage and put the doggie cover in the back seat, dropped the top, put the harness on thistle and yup we drove and drove! She was so happy and i had the music up and we drove in a huge circle up to the highway and then back home again!
I looked like this after. I needed to, yes, brush myself off and move on.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:30 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Gem that is the perfect smiley for you!!!!!! That is sooo funny.. good to see you bouncing back
Much thanks to this group!
thanks everyone...

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:30 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ok since you brought it up, I'm going to say at 10:30 this morning, I wiped the tears from my eyes, I pulled Nugget out of the garage and put the doggie cover in the back seat, dropped the top, put the harness on thistle and yup we drove and drove! She was so happy and i had the music up and we drove in a huge circle up to the highway and then back home again!
I looked like this after. I needed to, yes, brush myself off and move on.
Yah bbaybee!!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:33 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Well, to me that makes him a rude bully...... doesn't he know he is messing with YOUR LIFE???
This economy sucks and if this is how people with jobs and who are hiring think they can behave,,,,well it is pathetic.
That is exactly the same words i used this morning, this is someone's life he is messing with, that just isn't nice.

You do realize if he calls me next week i will say yes and then tell him, in a nice way, of course "I told you so"!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I did something funny last night,, I literally am soaking my chest and nose and lips with Vicks vapor rub... I know,,, it's gross but on some level it soothes me, all right??

Well, the little girl dog,, Lacey-- was bouncing up on me and digging around on my wool blanket and just generally being a little pest... LOL... so after smearing on my Vicks I took my finger and rubbed it on her nose... OMG she was so funny,, she kept licking her nose and making these funny snuffling noices,,,, sooo cute.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:37 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
That is exactly the same words i used this morning, this is someone's life he is messing with, that just isn't nice.

You do realize if he calls me next week i will say yes and then tell him, in a nice way, of course "I told you so"!

It will be interesting to see what transpires next week, for sure.
OUr thread is truly an "As the mini Turns"

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Cab- I was thinking the same about Apple, messing with skillet's life, but my feeling is, She never had a mini, because why wouldn't have Martha sold the car herself? She was rearranging her life and selling her home. I'm sure she could use the extra money of selling her car too.
Maybe Apple WANTED the car, and then her imagination kicked in and decided she needed a friend for a moment

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey I just saw something that Vics isn't as good as they thought and something else was better - dam what was it??

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:40 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Cab- I was thinking the same about Apple, messing with skillet's life, but my feeling is, She never had a mini, because why wouldn't have Martha sold the car herself? She was rearranging her life and selling her home. I'm sure she could use the extra money of selling her car too.
Maybe Apple WANTED the car, and then her imagination kicked in and decided she needed a friend for a moment
Well it is a shame that she doesn't put that imagination to a much better use!! I love the page where she is acting as if she is sick and writing little messed up abrupt messages on here.....then saying she is too tired to correct her typos..... gosh it seems like such a long time ago.

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:44 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey I just saw something that Vics isn't as good as they thought and something else was better - dam what was it??

WHAT!!! WHAT!!!!???? For God's sake woman,,, I needs to know!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
UHOH is very quiet,,, do you think she is plotting some revenge on that CEO??? She's probably thinking about the "logistics" of it all....
UHOH I bet you have seen your share of arrogant "higher ups"??

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow - yeah i forgot that she even typed here (Apple that is), but yes she did.

You have me thinking of a hot toddy!
OH maybe i will do some hot chocolate before bed tonight. Have you ever tried Hershey's Good Night Kiss Chocolate? it is the best!
oh dam be right back,
and I'm NOT a chocolatholic!!!! WANT SOME?

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 02-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
UHOH is very quiet,,, do you think she is plotting some revenge on that CEO??? She's probably thinking about the "logistics" of it all....
UHOH I bet you have seen your share of arrogant "higher ups"??
yeah let's keep her on OUR SIDE..

UHOH, my husband is a veitnam vet in the Navy, he doesn't talk about it much but I'm very proud of him too!
for Christmas i found a miltary site and special ordered his ship on a hat for him, he had tears in his eyes when he opened it. That is what it is all about!

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:54 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
UHOH if i missed this question, sorry, but who out ranks who? you or the hubby?

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
UHOH if i missed this question, sorry, but who out ranks who? you or the hubby?
Ooooh, good question!! I was going to ask if she had a picture of them both but I was afraid that was being too invasive.....

Hey Gem I found a smiley that shows your good side warring with your bad side on how to handle this job and that CEO.....

Don't you just love it?? And, no thanks, no chocolate here,, I am actually sucking on a large spoonful of honey..

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I love it, I love it...
that is so me right now, because i so want to tell him what he can do with his job BUT i so want a job!!!
I HATE not being in control!!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
so tell me what does this say???
I can't stop it long enough to read it...

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:07 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I was able to make it stop by hitting the refresh button and watching,,, it says I'd Hit it.... I bet you were like me and thought it siad I'd Had it?

I hope 'Ola is okay,, she said she was coughing today...

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:12 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
maybe you should pack up some vics and send it her way.
I hope she is ok too. if you are that contagious, don't send it my way pleaseeee!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:15 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So this weekend we are going to have my grandson for the entire weekend, the "kids" (his parents) are going to Mexico for a long weekend.
I think we are going to have another grandchild in the making!
I love having him over but boy he wears you out! and this will be ALLL weekend long.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...