Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hot chocolate always make me tired, so i will be leaving you soon. Thanks for staying up and keeping me company. I'm feeling a whole lot better, with your help...
now you should get some sleep too and let your new meds kick in... hope tomorrow you feel better!
meanwhile i need to google vics and see what the other way, it was just on the news last week i think.
good night.

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I'm amazed that my husband has escaped my germs,,, (so far)
He is so busy with his 4 classes and with the IC work he is doing that it would be disaster for him.. not that it hasn't really messed up my schedule!!

I think I may call it a night and see if I can get a few hours sleep...

If anybody shows up tell them "hey" for me and I will "see" you tomorrow,,, sounds like we are getting some high winds,,, make sure Nugget is safe in her garage!! night night

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:21 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
UHOH is very quiet,,, do you think she is plotting some revenge on that CEO??? She's probably thinking about the "logistics" of it all....
UHOH I bet you have seen your share of arrogant "higher ups"??
Actually, I was puttering around with some of my other network sites (like Facebook, etc.) They're getting smart and linking themselves to each other if you want.

You BETCHA I've seen my fair share. I even had one that was bi-polar and would literally throw things at me (which, if you didn't know it, is a HUGE no-no; you can go to jail for hitting subordinates!) I hated that guy. H*A*T*E*D. ANd of course he got promoted. Totally unprofessional.

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
wow - yeah i forgot that she even typed here (Apple that is), but yes she did.
That was one of the things that drew my attention to her - her spelling and grammar drove me nuts. (One of my majors was English - editing is second nature even to this day!) One other NAMer did the same kinds of things - spelling, grammar, and even some of the attention-getting techniques -- , although I think his problem was partially that English wasn't his first language and he was exceedingly immature. Haven't seen him pop up on the threads for a LONG time now.
yeah let's keep her on OUR SIDE..

UHOH, my husband is a veitnam vet in the Navy, he doesn't talk about it much but I'm very proud of him too!
for Christmas i found a miltary site and special ordered his ship on a hat for him, he had tears in his eyes when he opened it. That is what it is all about!
Awww....that's so cute, and very sweet of you. Please just make sure if you have kids, they understand and respect what he did...It saddens me when folks don't understand their parents accomplishments and significant events - military or NOT. But being in the military is kind of like a really weird bonding...it's a really huge family - and just like family, you don't get to chose them!! I'll bet he loves that hat. My dad's the same way with USMC stuff. He's gotten more nostalgic for that stuff the older (and sicker) he gets.

UHOH if i missed this question, sorry, but who out ranks who? you or the hubby?
TECHNICALLY, he does...but only by a few months, and it really doesn't count in the eyes of the military. He was also prior-service (was enlisted before getting commissioned) and so his national guard/reserve time counts as extra years for pay (woo hoo!!!) but those years don't count for retirement. Wanna see the engagement photo? It's kinda funny - i was working overtime and barely made it to the photographers in time (we were in Germany, so you can bet I was speeding on that autobahn!) I had five minutes to do my hair, and I COMPLETELY forgot my nametag, so when we went to do the uniform pic, i had to ARTISTICALLY hide behind him.

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Actually, I was puttering around with some of my other network sites (like Facebook, etc.) They're getting smart and linking themselves to each other if you want.

You BETCHA I've seen my fair share. I even had one that was bi-polar and would literally throw things at me (which, if you didn't know it, is a HUGE no-no; you can go to jail for hitting subordinates!) I hated that guy. H*A*T*E*D. ANd of course he got promoted. Totally unprofessional.

That was one of the things that drew my attention to her - her spelling and grammar drove me nuts. (One of my majors was English - editing is second nature even to this day!) One other NAMer did the same kinds of things - spelling, grammar, and even some of the attention-getting techniques -- , although I think his problem was partially that English wasn't his first language and he was exceedingly immature. Haven't seen him pop up on the threads for a LONG time now.

Awww....that's so cute, and very sweet of you. Please just make sure if you have kids, they understand and respect what he did...It saddens me when folks don't understand their parents accomplishments and significant events - military or NOT. But being in the military is kind of like a really weird bonding...it's a really huge family - and just like family, you don't get to chose them!! I'll bet he loves that hat. My dad's the same way with USMC stuff. He's gotten more nostalgic for that stuff the older (and sicker) he gets.

TECHNICALLY, he does...but only by a few months, and it really doesn't count in the eyes of the military. He was also prior-service (was enlisted before getting commissioned) and so his national guard/reserve time counts as extra years for pay (woo hoo!!!) but those years don't count for retirement. Wanna see the engagement photo? It's kinda funny - i was working overtime and barely made it to the photographers in time (we were in Germany, so you can bet I was speeding on that autobahn!) I had five minutes to do my hair, and I COMPLETELY forgot my nametag, so when we went to do the uniform pic, i had to ARTISTICALLY hide behind him.

That's an awesome shot!!!! Thanks for sharing... so what is his and yours status at this time?? And I imagine that my typos and English slay you then,,,

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
GEm,,,!! Wake up!! We have company!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hi everyone not my self today, just a quick check in...
first i would like to say love the photos, didn't finish reading though not much time.
Now let me start by filling everyone in after all the congrats. When i got the job offer friday night i was on my way out to dinner, and wanted to discuss things with hubby. we satruday and sunday i was studying for my exam and monday i email back to the guy and accepted the offer of the job... his email yesterday was (as i told you all)"we will get back to you next week". Not understanding this so i called him and he said " i didn't seem excited enough about the offer and he has received 140 resumes and so he is going to interview more people!
he took the offer back. After i scrapped my jaw off the floor, i cried all night and all morning.
sorry to bum everyone out...
I did however put the top down on my car this morning took and pup out for a hour long drive it did me some good.
I now have to go get ready for an interview (made a bunch of calls this mornign to other contacts).
All i can is is Mean People suck - excuse my language I'm really mad!
WHOLLY CRAP gemgirl...that Guy is a TOTAL piece of Dog Dooo!!! How can he say "you didn't seem excited??", it is totally normal to talk with ones 'other half'...I almost typed 'better', but we all know BETTER!!

What was he expecting??

I'm glad you took the Pup for a ride and I hope you are feeling better now. We've got your back and if you need it, a sholder to cry on too!!
Now show us who this duffus face is and we'll work him over Good!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-11-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 08:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
That's an awesome shot!!!! Thanks for sharing... so what is his and yours status at this time?? And I imagine that my typos and English slay you then,,,
Whatcha mean "status?" Active duty? We're both active, and have been since commissioning (yikes!) 11 years ago.

And I don't mind your typos - you're a sweetie, not an attention seeker. I confess to an urge to "help" edit others' posts sometimes, but I can overcome it...besides...when I'm tired, my fingers try and type "secret" coded messages, too!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Whatcha mean "status?" Active duty? We're both active, and have been since commissioning (yikes!) 11 years ago.

And I don't mind your typos - you're a sweetie, not an attention seeker. I confess to an urge to "help" edit others' posts sometimes, but I can overcome it...besides...when I'm tired, my fingers try and type "secret" coded messages, too!
So you may have to go to Afghanistan? Iraq? Pakistan?

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Oh i love that photo - thanks for sharing...
Funny you say about making sure the kids know it... My husband and i have only been together around 10 years, he has 2 grown, married kids with babies of their own now.. (I have all the fun and none of the hard work, never had kids of my own) Anyway, his ex was not very nice and never even acknowledged his service time, shame some are like that but he started contacting some in the last 10 years which there is a reunion coming up and i want him to go.
what I was getting to with this before I got side tracked, is during the holidays his kids and families were over and he had his hat sitting there and when he showed it to his daughter she just looked at it and rolled her eyes (too much like her mother) I turned to her and said in a firm voice, Your father served for this country and you should be proud of him!
She was so stunned at my comment she didn't know what to say, but i guarantee she will NEVER do that again!
He had enough of that treatment many years ago!
so again, i thank you and your husband!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thanks for the support RJK, I needed a good cry, brush myself off, as you read take the pup out topless for a bit and reorganize!
Get another plan!
Chocolate is our friend!!
and most important my friends...

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:43 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Funny you say about making sure the kids know it... My husband and i have only been together around 10 years, he has 2 grown, married kids with babies of their own now.. (I have all the fun and none of the hard work, never had kids of my own) Anyway, his ex was not very nice and never even acknowledged his service time, shame some are like that but he started contacting some in the last 10 years which there is a reunion coming up and i want him to go.
what I was getting to with this before I got side tracked, is during the holidays his kids and families were over and he had his hat sitting there and when he showed it to his daughter she just looked at it and rolled her eyes (too much like her mother) I turned to her and said in a firm voice, Your father served for this country and you should be proud of him!
She was so stunned at my comment she didn't know what to say, but i guarantee she will NEVER do that again!
LOL,, good for you Gem !! And as for the typos,, my main problem is that I get so excited and my thoughts are way ahead of my fingers,,,, I get so mad when I hit send and then I see the flubs.... argh!!! You oughta hear me talk in person,,, I speak very fast and kindof stattico (sp?) my poor hubby can never keep up....
Gem, I bet you were away washing your face and brushing your tetth???

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:44 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
okay I need to go to bed, now I am posting things twice!!! I keep getting error messages and I think it didn't send and I hit send again and,, and,,, and,,,,,, good night!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:47 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
You GO girl! In case he'd like to try and find other buddies, you might want to let him know about this site: http://navy.togetherweserved.com/usn/index.jsp
It's a really cool professional connection site - kinda like military Facebook, without all the extra hooo-haaa. The only glitch that they're trying to fix with it is you can't connect between the services (i.e. I can't list my dad who is Marine Corps on my "brothers" or "friends" list because I'm Army.) They're trying to fix it though.

And yes, Cab, that's what it means. We're actually "taking a break" from deployment cycles by being here in Virginia - when we celebrated our two year anniversary, we had seen each other for 60 NON-consecutive days in FOUR countries within those two years. !!! I deployed a week after the honeymoon, and while I was gone to Iraq, he was deployed six months later to Kuwait....so we weren't on a great cycle. For a little while, I was tag-teaming countries with my brother, too! Mom was LESS than pleased.

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:49 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
LOL,, good for you Gem !! And as for the typos,, my main problem is that I get so excited and my thoughts are way ahead of my fingers,,,, I get so mad when I hit send and then I see the flubs.... argh!!! You oughta hear me talk in person,,, I speak very fast and kindof stattico (sp?) my poor hubby can never keep up....
Gem, I bet you were away washing your face and brushing your tetth???
That's the beauty of typing - we can keep up with you! And I just think you're funny. In a GOOD way.

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
no i was smoking a cigarette!
Cab, you are going to laugh, we are so much alike.. my spelling is bad also, not my strong point, always going back and hitting edit... but more important, i'm never at a lose for words and also talk fast and type faster then i can spell check!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:51 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
no i was smoking a cigarette!
Cab, you are going to laugh, we are so much alike.. my spelling is bad also, not my strong point, always going back and hitting edit... but more important, i'm never at a lose for words and also talk fast and type faster then i can spell check!
You guys are great "see" you all tomorrow

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I did something funny last night,, I literally am soaking my chest and nose and lips with Vicks vapor rub... I know,,, it's gross but on some level it soothes me, all right??

Well, the little girl dog,, Lacey-- was bouncing up on me and digging around on my wool blanket and just generally being a little pest... LOL... so after smearing on my Vicks I took my finger and rubbed it on her nose... OMG she was so funny,, she kept licking her nose and making these funny snuffling noices,,,, sooo cute.
Ummmm...cabwy...my Husband doses himself with that stuff and then comes to bed!! He has allergies and it clears his sinus's at night.

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks for the website, not sure which one i was on while looking for a place that would embroyer the hat i got him, but one site on the home page was people looking for people and there was a message from someone looking for him! We were so excited he send him a message that night and they hooked up.
I'm very proud to be his wife... and just for the record, since we are "girl talking" tonight, I am not my husband's age... we are many years different. 19 years different to be exact, but everyone thinks he is close to my age, he looks very young. so NO i'm not in my 60's!!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:56 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ummmm...cabwy...my Husband doses himself with that stuff and then comes to bed!! He has allergies and it clears his sinus's at night.

OOooh my husband HATES when I do that and I love the stuff.... I really need to go but I can't make myself turn this off....!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Yup, i'm turning in too - good night every one!

Old 02-11-2009 | 08:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem when she thought she had the job-----

Gem after she was renigged on-------

You smoke?? And I bet you never get a hacking cough,, I have never ever smoked and my lungs are pathetic!!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OMG I THINK I WOKE MY HUSBAND UP LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!

that is too funny, and you are correct, i am smoking a lot more being laid off! but hopfuly not that bad!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
thanks for the website, not sure which one i was on while looking for a place that would embroyer the hat i got him, but one site on the home page was people looking for people and there was a message from someone looking for him! We were so excited he send him a message that night and they hooked up.
I'm very proud to be his wife... and just for the record, since we are "girl talking" tonight, I am not my husband's age... we are many years different. 19 years different to be exact, but everyone thinks he is close to my age, he looks very young. so NO i'm not in my 60's!!!
Soo....Show us some pics, girl! Let's see this "hawt" hubby of yours. Age doesn't mean ANYthing - it's your attitude, and I'm pretty sure we all got some of THAT.

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:02 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Gem when she thought she had the job-----
That looks like a celebratory joint!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Attitude is my middle name yes...
He is a very active and handsome man, we met dancing! let me see if i can find a good one of us!
Age does not mean anything to us, we know people that are a lot younger then he is that look and act very old.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...