Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:06 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Nite everyone!!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
My hubby and I all dressed up ..
and then one at a Jeep show, (I sold my jeep for my MINI, he still has his)

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-img_0379-small-.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-jeep-show-small-.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:09 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Attitude is my middle name yes...
He is a very active and handsome man, we met dancing! let me see if i can find a good one of us!
Age does not mean anything to us, we know people that are a lot younger then he is that look and act very old.
Wish I could get my *relatively* young hubband out dancing. I loved to go out dancing...but unfortunately, it's now my job to make him more fun...man, I've got a lot of work to do!

I'll be looking for that pic in the morning, young lady! I gotta hit the hay, or I'll fall asleep and have funky key-board imprints on my face! G'night kids!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:11 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
My hubby and I all dressed up ..
and then one at a Jeep show, (I sold my jeep for my MINI, he still has his)
That's one snazzy dress! (why wasn't he as dressed up as you?) And is that THE hat?? He looks like a very happy man!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Pictures posted - night all!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
No that isn't the hat, this photo was taken about 5 or so years ago the Jeep was about 3 years ago.
He had his sports jacket in the car, it was a hot day.
Everyone thinks he looks like Bill Gates, wish he had that money with the looks.

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:15 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
night night!

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:24 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Gemgirlpa, I am so very sorry about the job offer. I don't care what the economy is like or the state of the nation, there is no excuse for being a bast.... That behavior is simply not professional and should not be accepted. I for one also feel that companies are using the economy as an excuse for getting fat and sassy over the years and are now taking advantage of the situation to downsize and streamline. Even when things are good, there is no excuse to not watch costs and avoid expanding beyond what can be consistently supported. Ok, enough of my soapbox.

Gengirlpa, believe in yourself and don't let anyone make you feel small or unworthy. You have to do what you think is best for you and dam the rest! Another favorite saying of mine:

Look your chances in the eye - it's "you" you have to satisfy!
You can never dream too big or set your sights to high!
If they say you can't, if they say that you are not the one,
if they say no one has ever done it before,
you must always say ... Just Watch Me!

Cabway, it sounds to me like you have the crupe (sp?) you know like kids get? Adults can get it too. I got it in my mid 20's once and pulled so many muscles in my side that I thought for sure that I must have broken a rib. My sister and I always had bronchitis when we were growing up and even as adults we get it on occassion. Gosh, ten or so years ago, I got bronchitis twice in a row and then went into asthma. Now when I get a bad cold, first it's the bronchitis and then asthma. My doctor has me get a flu shot every year and a pneumonia shot every five years or whatever the time period is. We do the Vicks thing and even wrap a soft cloth around our necks to keep the chest warm. One winter we were so sick and used the vaporiser for so long, I thought for sure that the wallpaper was going to just fall off the walls! Warm honey and lemon juice gargled helps and sucking on peppermint candies at night helps prevent coughing too. Of course if you drool you might find your face glued to the pillow in the morning! Also gargle your cough syrup too. I know this sounds stupid but the longer it stays in the throat the more it helps the cough. I doubted too until I tried it

I do apologize for lurking. I have been internet challenged this week. Both the phone and the internet keep going out when it is raining but comes back when the rain stops. Of course the phone company will not come out when it is raining so at this rate it may never get fixed. I know what the problem is, the squirrels bit the phone line and water is getting in. Just give me the stupid wire and I will fix it myself! They have done this to the TV cable and the electrical feed to the house before, so why not the phone line. It must be time for the after dinner mint!

Oh Gem, one more that I like:

Continue to Climb

Follow your dream...take one step at at time and don't settle for less, just continue to climb.
Follow your dream...if you stumble, don't stop and lose sight of your goal, press on to the top.
For only on top can you see the whole view, can you see what you have done and what you can do,
And can you then have the vision to seek something new....
Press on, and follow your dream.

Old 02-12-2009 | 05:42 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Gemgirlpa, I am so very sorry about the job offer. I don't care what the economy is like or the state of the nation, there is no excuse for being a bast.... That behavior is simply not professional and should not be accepted. I for one also feel that companies are using the economy as an excuse for getting fat and sassy over the years and are now taking advantage of the situation to downsize and streamline. Even when things are good, there is no excuse to not watch costs and avoid expanding beyond what can be consistently supported. Ok, enough of my soapbox.
You are so right - I suspect they're going the path of cheapest/lowest bidder instead of quality and longevity/endurance. (I say this being totally cloistered in my job, but I see and work with a LOT of contractors.)

Cabway, ...Of course if you drool you might find your face glued to the pillow in the morning! Also gargle your cough syrup too. I know this sounds stupid but the longer it stays in the throat the more it helps the cough. I doubted too until I tried it.
I laugh, only because I've done this.

I do apologize for lurking. I have been internet challenged this week. Both the phone and the internet keep going out when it is raining but comes back when the rain stops. Of course the phone company will not come out when it is raining so at this rate it may never get fixed. I know what the problem is, the squirrels bit the phone line and water is getting in. Just give me the stupid wire and I will fix it myself! They have done this to the TV cable and the electrical feed to the house before, so why not the phone line. It must be time for the after dinner mint!
YOu sound like ME!
Wow, Kiki, when you join in, you REALLY come with whoppers!

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:13 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

Gengirlpa, believe in yourself and don't let anyone make you feel small or unworthy. You have to do what you think is best for you and dam the rest! Another favorite saying of mine:

Look your chances in the eye - it's "you" you have to satisfy!
You can never dream too big or set your sights to high!
If they say you can't, if they say that you are not the one,
if they say no one has ever done it before,
you must always say ... Just Watch Me!

Oh Gem, one more that I like:

Continue to Climb

Follow your dream...take one step at at time and don't settle for less, just continue to climb.
Follow your dream...if you stumble, don't stop and lose sight of your goal, press on to the top.
For only on top can you see the whole view, can you see what you have done and what you can do,
And can you then have the vision to seek something new....
Press on, and follow your dream.
OMG that is beautiful and thank you for typing this for me. You are very right, and Yes, I think people are taking advantage of this whole mess of the economy.
I am better and ready to move on, people can push me down but when I stand back up again, Look out!!!
thank you so much for your kind words.

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:15 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
gotta run this morning, Cab have to go to the doctors... you sure your not contagious???
Just joking, just a check up!

Old 02-12-2009 | 07:52 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
gotta run this morning, Cab have to go to the doctors... you sure your not contagious???
Just joking, just a check up!
Some people think they are fuuuuunnneeeeeee this morning??
*L* Gem you really gave me a scare... I was thinking OMG I got both 'Ola and Gem sick!!!!

Kiki,, honey, you can lurk all that you want as long as your input is as good as this last one...

We had the same problems when living in Ohio, there was a fuse that would blow on one of the transformers and when we had really bad snows and drifting and high winds the thing would blow. Sometimes we would go 2-3 days before someone could get through and fix it. We started sking if we could have a spare fuse and just fix it ourselves....

Of course the electirc company wouldn't even consider that option. There was one storm where the farmers took out their own equipment and cleared the roads themselves, then called the E company and told them the roads were cleared and that they were going to KEEP them cleared so get out there ASAP!!

ahhh, now those were the days,,,,,not!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:08 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Gem: Didn't see anybody tell you what your smiley said. It says, "I'd hit it."

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:12 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
3000 went by in a flash! Hi everyone!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:33 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I was sick

Yesterday I woke up feeling badly. Stuffy, headachey. I took sinus medicine, Tylenol, naps. Didn't make much difference. Took an Airborne, ate some dinner, took more medicine. Tried to check in on the thread and got a message that the site was down for maintenance. Went to bed. Woke up this morning feeling WAY better and find 4 pages of posts. So sorry for not posting anything, and Gem, sorry that the guy is a deck; I'd betchslap him if I were you!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:39 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Yesterday I woke up feeling badly. Stuffy, headachey. I took sinus medicine, Tylenol, naps. Didn't make much difference. Took an Airborne, ate some dinner, took more medicine. Tried to check in on the thread and got a message that the site was down for maintenance. Went to bed. Woke up this morning feeling WAY better and find 4 pages of posts. So sorry for not posting anything, and Gem, sorry that the guy is a deck; I'd betchslap him if I were you!

Will, I really do love you... Your last line to Gem was hysterical!!!

Glad you feel better,,, wish I could have pulled off a speedy recovery like that

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:42 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
and Gem, sorry that the guy is a deck; I'd betchslap him if I were you!
Now that made me laugh outloud!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:45 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem!!! I am so sorry, I just relaized that I missed your photos!! I didn't know that they were on here until I saw a post from UHOH..

Your photos are awesome... I have ALWAYS had a 'thing' for older men, I really have!!
Does it count that my hubby is 4 years older than me??

And isn't it the best thing to have a man that loves to dance?? Bob is a good dancer,, well except when he tries to do the "mashed potato" from way back when. When he does that he looks like he is trying to get a wedgey out of his crack.....okay now I need to find a shot of him........

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:45 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
OH and Gem??? your are a hotty......

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:47 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
For anyone not living in Pa right now we have very heavy winds. well i just got home and let the pup out the back door and i'm looking at some thing very strange.
our back door leads to a huge deck we had built about 4 years ago, with a 5 foot privacy fence built around the hot tub...

looking out the door, there way no fence , who stole my fence!! the wind blew a 5 foot solid wood frencing right off the deck. Holy crap. Now all the deer can see in!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:54 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
OH and Gem??? your are a hotty......
wow thanks, what are you doing friday night??

My husband and i both Country Line Dance. He is very good! but yes he get a wedgie when it comes to fast dancing (shhhhh don't tell)
We are currently building a dance floor/ bar in the basement. I can't wait for the to be complete!

4 years older does count! I like older men, becuase I love his gentlemen ways that he was brought up with. Holds the door for me, still to this day helps me on with my coat... That is what the men of that generation are made of!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Gem: Didn't see anybody tell you what your smiley said. It says, "I'd hit it."
Thanks Random, yes Cab figured it out last night, i didn't get that!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 10:59 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
.............[edit].......
he took the offer back. After i scrapped my jaw off the floor, i cried all night and all morning.
sorry to bum everyone out...
I did however put the top down on my car this morning took and pup out for a hour long drive it did me some good.
I now have to go get ready for an interview (made a bunch of calls this mornign to other contacts).
All i can is is Mean People suck - excuse my language I'm really mad!
That's more than unprofessional that's unethical, but you're better off not working for someone like that. He essentially offered you a contract and took it back, I wonder if you could take him to small claims court? Hope you're feeling better.

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:00 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Welcome back and glad you are bettter,
Cabwy your getting everyone sick!!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:09 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Welcome back and glad you are bettter,
Cabwy your getting everyone sick!!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...