Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:12 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem- you won't believe this but I used to line dance with the best of them!! I actually took lessons with my then husband. Hubby and I always talk about possibly taking lessons here but it never seems to happen.
oh and the wind is horrible,, I just emailed my next door neighbor to tell him that his shutter was hanging by a thread.....Thank goodness it didn't fall off and hit my Sloopy!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:14 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
That's more than unprofessional that's unethical, but you're better off not working for someone like that. He essentially offered you a contract and took it back, I wonder if you could take him to small claims court? Hope you're feeling better.

I've wondered that myself, surely there is some kind of law against this sort of thing? I feel like it is a form of discrimination...

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:25 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
That's more than unprofessional that's unethical, but you're better off not working for someone like that. He essentially offered you a contract and took it back, I wonder if you could take him to small claims court? Hope you're feeling better.
The guy's name isn't Mr. Apple, or Mr. Gambini, is it?

Old 02-12-2009 | 12:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy

Old 02-12-2009 | 12:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Wow! You guys were busy last night!

Funny, I see Gem just checked off.

So much to read. Usually I like to acknowledge individuals... but there are SO many posts that I don't think I'm able to.

Hope the sick ones are feeling better.

Hope the sad ones are feeling happier.

Wish uhoh didn't have to think about going to war.

CC- Dorky pics WERE the point. But nice to see my cohort.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH USING THE KEYBOARD TODAY? MINE KEEPS MISSING LETTERS AND IS TAKING FOREVER TO TYPE ANYTHING!

Gem- I'm thinking that the truth is that you just can't live without us on NAM! It's ok to admit it.

Now cabwy's gone too? Must be my punishment for not being here last night.

Last edited by miniola; 02-12-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2009 | 12:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
ok... bye.

Old 02-12-2009 | 12:59 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Yesterday I woke up feeling badly. Stuffy, headachey. I took sinus medicine, Tylenol, naps. Didn't make much difference. Took an Airborne, ate some dinner, took more medicine. Tried to check in on the thread and got a message that the site was down for maintenance. Went to bed. Woke up this morning feeling WAY better and find 4 pages of posts. So sorry for not posting anything, and Gem, sorry that the guy is a deck; I'd betchslap him if I were you!
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Welcome back and glad you are bettter,
Cabwy your getting everyone sick!!!
Yep - giving everybody COOOTIES.

And isn't it the best thing to have a man that loves to dance?? Bob is a good dancer,, well except when he tries to do the "mashed potato" from way back when. When he does that he looks like he is trying to get a wedgey out of his crack.....okay now I need to find a shot of him........

For anyone not living in Pa right now we have very heavy winds. well i just got home and let the pup out the back door and i'm looking at some thing very strange.
our back door leads to a huge deck we had built about 4 years ago, with a 5 foot privacy fence built around the hot tub...

looking out the door, there way no fence , who stole my fence!! the wind blew a 5 foot solid wood frencing right off the deck. Holy crap. Now all the deer can see in!

4 years older does count! I like older men, becuase I love his gentlemen ways that he was brought up with. Holds the door for me, still to this day helps me on with my coat... That is what the men of that generation are made of!
Hubby is 2+ years older than me (I like to tell him and everybody he's WAY older than me - a whole 2yrs and a month!), but he still does nice chivalrous stuff like this...too bad his poor, overworked, underappreciated mother couldn't teach him some clean-up tricks while she was working on the rest of his training!

Old 02-12-2009 | 01:04 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Got a new smiley from the Random Thoughts Thread! Plumbers Crack!

Old 02-12-2009 | 01:08 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Got a new smiley from the Random Thoughts Thread! Plumbers Crack!

OMG! That is so effing CUTE!!!

Old 02-12-2009 | 01:12 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

Hubby is 2+ years older than me (I like to tell him and everybody he's WAY older than me - a whole 2yrs and a month!), but he still does nice chivalrous stuff like this...too bad his poor, overworked, underappreciated mother couldn't teach him some clean-up tricks while she was working on the rest of his training!
Hate to be the one to break this to you, You have many years of "breaking" in to do with him! What his mom didn't teach him you will, don't let one single thing go by the sooner you do it the better he will be trained!!

Mine was broken in many years now i have to undo some damage, like leave the check book alone, I handle the finances you don't !

But you know what I wouldn't trade my guy for anyone in the world! he is my life partner!

Old 02-12-2009 | 01:17 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Sika and Cabwy, thanks for the support!

I not sure if i mentioned this yesterday (and don't want to go back to read) but the agency that i went to yesterday said "yes this is the way it is and the economy is turning into" Employers think they can and they do this". I was amazed when he told me he has heard of employeers doing this before!

Seriously I thought to myself while talking to him "hey have i got a girl to set you up with"... hahaha but Apple is too far away for him!

Old 02-12-2009 | 01:18 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
gotta go take care of dinner.. I will try to get on tonight but Grays is on tonight.
Cab my lights just flickered!!! we lost 1/2 our deck already... did anyone see that!
talk later!

Old 02-12-2009 | 03:42 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Awwww,, miniola, I am sorry that I missed you.I still have to take my nappies....

But I am back and ready for another grand night of witty intellectual reparte's from my NAM buddies,, and if anyone wants to thrwo in a photo or two that would be nice also..
RG I am loving the butt crack smiley!!
And wouldn't my husband freak if he knew his style of dancing has been "exposed: on NAM?????

Gosh, I hope Gem didn't lose her electric and I hope 'Ola comes back

Old 02-12-2009 | 03:44 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
gotta go take care of dinner.. I will try to get on tonight but Grays is on tonight.
Cab my lights just flickered!!! we lost 1/2 our deck already... did anyone see that!
talk later!
You must not have a laptop?? I have been lounging in my recliner with the remote and NAM on and pogo.com on (while I am housebound I am giving into my word whomp addiction)

Old 02-12-2009 | 03:59 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
You must not have a laptop?? I have been lounging in my recliner with the remote and NAM on and pogo.com on (while I am housebound I am giving into my word whomp addiction)
Holy moley!! I play on Pogo too!!! What's your name there? I'm Will92103

Old 02-12-2009 | 04:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Holy moley!! I play on Pogo too!!! What's your name there? I'm Will92103

See?? Our world continues to get smaller and smaller,,,,, and um,,, my name on there is the same as on NAM
I am on word whomp even as I type..
you don't happen to play Euchre, do you?

Old 02-12-2009 | 04:42 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
See?? Our world continues to get smaller and smaller,,,,, and um,,, my name on there is the same as on NAM
I am on word whomp even as I type..
you don't happen to play Euchre, do you?
I do, but its not my favorite game; I MUCH prefer Spades.

Old 02-12-2009 | 04:46 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I do, but its not my favorite game; I MUCH prefer Spades.

Hmmm, I guess we aren't compatible,,,,
I used to play spades, but haven't in a long time. I am always trying to find people in PA who can play Euchre and I have decided that Euchre must be a Midwestern sport..

Old 02-12-2009 | 04:51 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Hmmm, I guess we aren't compatible,,,,
I used to play spades, but haven't in a long time. I am always trying to find people in PA who can play Euchre and I have decided that Euchre must be a Midwestern sport..
Yeah, I'm from the midwest originally and people played it ALL the time when I was in college. I had never even heard of it before then, and figured if it was that addictive I didn't want any part of it. But once I learned how to play it never really did much for me.

Old 02-12-2009 | 05:08 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
That's right!! I keep forgetting that you lived in Indiana.

Old 02-12-2009 | 05:14 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
So, are you a badge ho? I imagine you are in Club Pogo, right?

Old 02-12-2009 | 05:36 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
No, actually I am not in Club Pogo... I am the free pogo "ho"

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:34 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Have you used a free guest pass before? If not, I can send you one.

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:56 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Have you used a free guest pass before? If not, I can send you one.
Awww, Thanx McWill-- I actually, at one time was a Club Member,, it was a few years ago and I thought I got a computer virus from their site. So I stopped my membership and have stayed away for quite some time, but being home sick for over a week made me try it again.

I don't remember the particulars,,, isn't it a monthly or yearly fee?

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gosh we are the only ones on here,,,

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...