Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009 | 06:10 AM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Good luck with the job search gemgirl. Just keep plugging away, a good opportunity will come along. I know it's hard to be patient! Neither of those places realize what an asset they've let slip by.

Old 02-17-2009 | 07:27 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks Lil, I feel the right one will come along, just got a call for a interview this afternoon, for a 6 month temp position.
Best part is i have my resume out in so many places, the communation lines are open, just need the right place!
I believe it will happen, i'm too impatient...

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:39 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi all!! I really don't have anything to post about but wanted to say hi!! I will be away until this evening. Hopefully when I return I will see some interesting posts to read on here...

Old 02-17-2009 | 01:18 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
thanks Lil, I feel the right one will come along, just got a call for a interview this afternoon, for a 6 month temp position.
Best part is i have my resume out in so many places, the communation lines are open, just need the right place!
Have you tried starting up a twitter account? My hubby got like 8 job offers within a month of using twitter.

Old 02-17-2009 | 01:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
never heard of it, but i'm open to anything - i will google it. thanks

Old 02-17-2009 | 01:42 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
just looked it up, it's like LINKEDIN and i'm a member of that!

thanks for suggesting.

Old 02-17-2009 | 02:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
come on guys, we need to find something else to talk about other then Gem's employment problems...
TN i request some horsey pictures please!!
OLA were are you?
Cab feeling better?
CC when is your trip?
Mtmous hows Tink?
MCWill -oh by the way thanks for the addiction of the pogo!!! great!!!
Skillet stop in onces in a while to say hi!!!
LIL and Random, we have no picutes of you both... let's get busy...
hum miss anyone???

Old 02-17-2009 | 02:52 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I'm putting pix in my gallery....

come on guys, we need to find something else to talk about other then Gem's employment problems...
TN i request some horsey pictures please!!
OLA were are you?
Cab feeling better?
CC when is your trip?
Mtmous hows Tink?
MCWill -oh by the way thanks for the addiction of the pogo!!! great!!!
Skillet stop in onces in a while to say hi!!!
LIL and Random, we have no picutes of you both... let's get busy...
hum miss anyone???

Old 02-17-2009 | 03:14 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Pix have been posted in my gallery. We're a bit nutty here!~

Old 02-17-2009 | 04:30 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I was supposed to post a picture of myself? Um... okay... *digs around on hard drive*

Old 02-17-2009 | 04:42 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Yeah. I work as a print press operator for National Envelope (makes envelopes) and we have about 10 plants but we're not getting much business because of rising mail prices and everyone wants to save the trees...
Bummer, I can see how your company is a victim of our times... I must confess I pay most of my bills online.
Hang in there and I hope your company continues to hang in there..

Last edited by cabwy; 02-17-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2009 | 04:48 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Great pics!! I especially love the one of your kids....You have a blue eyed and a brown eyed.... seriously, they look like really neat kids...

I am especially interested in the horse with the funky broken blaze. I love him,,, reminds me of my last big paint---- sigh..

Oh and the pb piggies,,hysterical! Please tell me that a couple of them are pregnant in that photo??

How many acres do you have?

Old 02-17-2009 | 04:51 PM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Here's one of LilBeastie

Have to find one of me. I'm usually hiding from the camera.

Old 02-17-2009 | 04:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem in answer to your question I feel beat all to hell!! It is hard to resume a full schedule, especially when your work is so physical. I can tell that I was sick and missed 10 full days of work!! But the income makes me very happy... hhhmm, now where is my shot of all of my loot laying on my berber carpet???? Ohh,, I bet it is with all of my toe shots..... darn...
all kididng aside I do actually have a picture of my toes,,, it was on a dive trip and I got a pedi right before the trip and had dive flags painted on my big toes... it was a big hit for the dive group, everyone took shots of them,,,LOL

Last edited by cabwy; 02-17-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2009 | 04:55 PM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Love the pic of Dancer trying to drive the golf cart! That's great!!

Old 02-17-2009 | 05:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Here's one of LilBeastie

Have to find one of me. I'm usually hiding from the camera.
LBeastie,,, okay that is a start----on the pictures, that is keep em coming...!

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:30 PM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
Holy Cow. I "just" (over the last couple of days) read through every single page of this thread. What a Journey! It's been like a good novel... Tales of lies and deception. Downright scary googling/people tracking skills. Car Chases, sick pets who are well again, and poor Gem's on-again-off-again jobs!

I was sad to find out that Skillet never got his free Mini and now I'll be wary of anybody named Sandy. Especially if they boast about cars owned or proximity to John Travolta.

I finally have to go to bed tonight (I stayed up late to get through the final push to page 132) but Hello everybody! And I'm sure I'll be back in the Morning.

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:59 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Thyodin
Holy Cow. I "just" (over the last couple of days) read through every single page of this thread. What a Journey! It's been like a good novel... Tales of lies and deception. Downright scary googling/people tracking skills. Car Chases, sick pets who are well again, and poor Gem's on-again-off-again jobs!

I was sad to find out that Skillet never got his free Mini and now I'll be wary of anybody named Sandy. Especially if they boast about cars owned or proximity to John Travolta.

I finally have to go to bed tonight (I stayed up late to get through the final push to page 132) but Hello everybody! And I'm sure I'll be back in the Morning.
THAT is amazing! Even though I've lived here since the beginning... and I have the emotional attachment to Skillet and his saga... I can't imagine reading through the whole thing again. WOW! I hardly feel worthy in your presence!

You are lucky though... you missed out on her "Big Toe Club" feet pictures. Those pics will forever be burned into my retinas!

Welcome!

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:24 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi everyone!

I know I've been quiet lately. It's late now though so I'm going to get ready for bed. I'll come back tomorrow. It's been a long day. Went to the dealership in Orlando again and of course they can't replicate my problems so they can't fix them. So far... minimum of 12 hours of driving back and forth and I guess I'm going to need to fix stuff myself.

Anyway, while waiting at the dealership I was thinking, "Sandy Apple's 550sf trailer is only about 30 minutes away" ... and I felt like I wanted to go knock on her door and ask her why she did what she did. Good thing I didn't have 2phun's phone number! (Well that and the fact that since the dealership won't give me a loaner... I would have had to pay 30 bucks for a rental car just to go there.) Oooohhh wait... I was originally thinking I'd pick 2phun up... but I guess he could have picked me up just as easily! Guess it could have worked. Maybe next time.

Good night.

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Although I appreciate the effort of your cute pics... I didn't see a senior pic (or equivalent older pic) anywhere... or even a recent one. Who are you?

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:12 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Thyodin

Hello you Carmelite! I'm originally from IN myself and lived in Irvington on the eastside of Indianapolis for a few years. Welcome to our crazy thread!

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:56 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear

I am totally stunned. I cannot believe how unprofessional the work environment has become. Maybe I am just isolated and with 14 Unions we simply cannot (and would not) even think of doing the things that have happened to you. I don't care if at the moment firms are considering this to be an employers' market. Don't they understand that their behavior sets the tone for employee behavior? I just hope they are not surprised when the tables are turned and employees treat them like .......

Time for another favorite saying -

The courage of conviction,
the strength to persevere,
the hope that survives disappointment -
these are the keys to success.

Hang in there, not all employers are like what you have had the unfortunate luck to run into. It may not seem like it at the moment but the right job is out there, it really is.

Old 02-17-2009 | 11:10 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Oh I almost forgot, I am back to having limited phone and internet access. It rained all weekend and the phone line with the squirrel chew marks is once again getting water in the line. The phone company finally sent out a repair person today and (duh) they agreed that it is not a problem inside the house but their line coming from the pole. First issue was that he did not have the right supplies on the truck to fix the line. The big truck needs to be dispatched. Then he started to go up the pole to check out what would needed and decided that the pole was too old and unsafe to climb. Gee, didn't I report that issue more than a year ago.....

Well the electric company has been attempting to change out the pole for the last two months but because of rain they have postponed that work three times. It looks like no rain for a day or two so who knows if the pole will get changed this week, and then maybe solid phone and internet service.

We do have cell phones but we do not have sufficient cell phone towers in the area so there are times when the system overloads and incoming calls go straight to voice mail. I do live in an older neighborhood, but hey even the hood needs service!

I have not abandoned the thread and so miss checking in. Someday I hope to have real phone service and regular internet access like the rest of the grownups! Heck, kids have better service than I do.

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:05 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN- love the photos of the animals and the kids. are just beautiufl...
Can i come and play at your house for a bit... i'll help with the cleaning and feeding of the animals!

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:08 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
I was supposed to post a picture of myself? Um... okay... *digs around on hard drive*
I love the photo of you dog yawning.... what's his/her name?

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...