Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:13 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gem in answer to your question I feel beat all to hell!! It is hard to resume a full schedule, especially when your work is so physical. I can tell that I was sick and missed 10 full days of work!! But the income makes me very happy... hhhmm, now where is my shot of all of my loot laying on my berber carpet???? Ohh,, I bet it is with all of my toe shots..... darn...
all kididng aside I do actually have a picture of my toes,,, it was on a dive trip and I got a pedi right before the trip and had dive flags painted on my big toes... it was a big hit for the dive group, everyone took shots of them,,,LOL
You are too funny, I just looked in your gallery just to see if you had the nerve to put your toes shot there!!!

Gald you are up and running, well walking...
Last week when i was starting with a sore throat and was popping everything i could to not get sick, well guess who had a cold this weekend! Yup the grandson, and guess who has a cold now, yup GrandJo...
could be worse, i could have what you had - no thanks!!!! this is a simple cold...

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 02-18-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
LBeastie,,, okay that is a start----on the pictures, that is keep em coming...!
+1

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:16 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Thyodin
Holy Cow. I "just" (over the last couple of days) read through every single page of this thread. What a Journey! It's been like a good novel... Tales of lies and deception. Downright scary googling/people tracking skills. Car Chases, sick pets who are well again, and poor Gem's on-again-off-again jobs!

I was sad to find out that Skillet never got his free Mini and now I'll be wary of anybody named Sandy. Especially if they boast about cars owned or proximity to John Travolta.

I finally have to go to bed tonight (I stayed up late to get through the final push to page 132) but Hello everybody! And I'm sure I'll be back in the Morning.
Well good morning and welcome to the crazy side, Thyodin,

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:17 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Yup, good kids except when trying to wake em up for school... then they're demon spawn. I swear they're abducted by space aliens during the night, and MY kids aren't brought back until later. Hmmmm... (Whatcha think, add a bit of Sci-Fi to this thread?!)
OK, Funky broken blaze (I think is actually called an interrupted blaze, we always referred to it as upside down exclamation mark) is a 6 yr old belgian/qh cross. He came here as a 4 month old, he's a PMU foal from Alberta, and was destined for the slaughter house and someone's dinner plate. Most of my horses were going to be steak... It was the only way I could get back into horses, buy 'em cheap as foals and start 'em myself (with the help of some friends).
No preggo piggies- all ladies are spayed, all gentlemen are neutered. (or as we tell 'em, they got Tutored). They're just, uh, healthy... yeah, that's it!

I'm trying to figure out how to get a pix of my mini pigs, my mini horses and my MINI Clubbie... heh heh heh...

TTFN

Great pics!! I especially love the one of your kids....You have a blue eyed and a brown eyed.... seriously, they look like really neat kids...

I am especially interested in the horse with the funky broken blaze. I love him,,, reminds me of my last big paint---- sigh..

Oh and the pb piggies,,hysterical! Please tell me that a couple of them are pregnant in that photo??

How many acres do you have?

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:18 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Love the pic of Dancer trying to drive the golf cart! That's great!!

got a couple somewhere of Opie the goat IN the golf cart... Silly critters all think they can just go anywhere and do anything!

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:23 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
I am totally stunned. I cannot believe how unprofessional the work environment has become. Maybe I am just isolated and with 14 Unions we simply cannot (and would not) even think of doing the things that have happened to you. I don't care if at the moment firms are considering this to be an employers' market. Don't they understand that their behavior sets the tone for employee behavior? I just hope they are not surprised when the tables are turned and employees treat them like .......

Time for another favorite saying -

The courage of conviction,
the strength to persevere,
the hope that survives disappointment -
these are the keys to success.

Hang in there, not all employers are like what you have had the unfortunate luck to run into. It may not seem like it at the moment but the right job is out there, it really is.
KIKI you are such an inspiration - thank you for all you kind words... I agree, the unprofessional attitude is amazing..

if you ever come to the East coast let me know - i would like to meet up with you!

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:27 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Although I appreciate the effort of your cute pics... I didn't see a senior pic (or equivalent older pic) anywhere... or even a recent one. Who are you?

In the words of Manuel in Fawlty Towers, "¿Qué?"

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:36 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So last night i wanted to stay up after the hubby went to bed and chat with everyone, and at 9:15 my eyes closed and I was out for the count...
I have to admit tylenol night are great stuff!
not feeling better but sleeping great!

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:52 AM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
Good morning everybody and thanks for the Welcomes.

Yes, 'ola, I'm definitely glad I missed the feet pictures. And I was glad I was able to read your whole chase story in one sitting. I couldn't imagine waiting days to hear the ending of that!

And Will, I'm always amazed how small the world is. Like most people from Indiana, I had always hoped to escape. I'm originally from Northern Indiana and this is as far south as I've gotten. It's nice to see some people do make it further.

Old 02-18-2009 | 07:54 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi Thyodin! Morning everyone!

Old 02-18-2009 | 09:20 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
I'm trying to figure out how to get a pix of my mini pigs, my mini horses and my MINI Clubbie... heh heh heh...
Oh sweetie, PLEASE don't put all of them in your clubbie just to get a pic. That would be ....well...Hilarious, actually, but a PITA to clean up when you're done!

Welcome, Thyodin!

Old 02-18-2009 | 09:26 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Oh sweetie, PLEASE don't put all of them in your clubbie just to get a pic. That would be ....well...Hilarious, actually, but a PITA to clean up when you're done!

Welcome, Thyodin!

I'd like to see the pigs in a MINI! Pics!!!!

Old 02-18-2009 | 09:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
+1

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:15 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I love the photo of you dog yawning.... what's his/her name?

His name is Reilly. He's somewhere between 12 and 14 and he's very patient and adorable and... he's my partner in crime.

Here's a pic of me. I got bored and was playing with photo booth when I took it. My hair's a mess in this shot... *cringe*

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:16 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini

Kind of reminds me of pigs in a blanket...

Last edited by cabwy; 02-18-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2009 | 10:32 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
His name is Reilly. He's somewhere between 12 and 14 and he's very patient and adorable and... he's my partner in crime.

Here's a pic of me. I got bored and was playing with photo booth when I took it. My hair's a mess in this shot... *cringe*

Hi RG!!!!! NIce to meet and see you for the first time

Now,, where is your senior pic?? Yes, greedy,, I know.. and i think your hair is very cute

Gem, I am sorry to hear that you have a cold,, just don't let it migrate to your chest.

Thyo good to have you aboard, I figure if we keep accumulating "new blood" this thread has a chance of never dying...

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:37 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Yup, good kids except when trying to wake em up for school... then they're demon spawn. I swear they're abducted by space aliens during the night, and MY kids aren't brought back until later. Hmmmm... (Whatcha think, add a bit of Sci-Fi to this thread?!)
OK, Funky broken blaze (I think is actually called an interrupted blaze, we always referred to it as upside down exclamation mark) is a 6 yr old belgian/qh cross. He came here as a 4 month old, he's a PMU foal from Alberta, and was destined for the slaughter house and someone's dinner plate. Most of my horses were going to be steak... It was the only way I could get back into horses, buy 'em cheap as foals and start 'em myself (with the help of some friends).
No preggo piggies- all ladies are spayed, all gentlemen are neutered. (or as we tell 'em, they got Tutored). They're just, uh, healthy... yeah, that's it!

TTFN
Don't worry too much about those aliens,,aka kids-- it is just the ages that they are, it all gets better. Well, after it gets alot worse,,,, hahahahahahahhaah whew, gotta get a grip here..

Personally I like broken blaze better than interrupted,, but I do love him, does he have a name? Does he trail ride? How many hands?

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:51 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Random aborable, nice to meet you. If you think you are having a bad hair day, don't even knock on my front door.
love Reilly!!!

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:54 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Kind of reminds me of pigs in a blanket...
Yum, I love pigs in blanket! Maybe, a pig in a blanket in a MINI! Hmmmmmm.....[pic Homer]...mm...drool..

Old 02-18-2009 | 10:57 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Random aborable, nice to meet you. If you think you are having a bad hair day, don't even knock on my front door.
love Reilly!!!
That can't be a bad hair day. I scare myself every morning when I look in the mirror!
Now, where's one with you in a MINI!

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:01 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi. Trying to read this and type but I'm watching Bernanke and trying to figure out the latest. Can't do all so well.

And now for the analysis... does anyone have that smiley with its head up its ***?

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hi. Trying to read this and type but I'm watching Bernanke and trying to figure out the latest. Can't do all so well.

And now for the analysis... does anyone have that smiley with its head up its ***?
Sorry - this is the closest one I have....

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:13 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Sorry - this is the closest one I have....
Nice pink cheeks! Made me laugh. BTW- I LOVE your "WELCOME" with the pop out smiley faces.

I think I must be feeling sensitive...

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Nice pink cheeks! Made me laugh. BTW- I LOVE your "WELCOME" with the pop out smiley faces.

I think I must be feeling sensitive...
I'm always looking for good spots to put my funky smilies! Actually - I must admit...I "acquire" them from other threads, and I"ve started a "collection" with intent to share.

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:21 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I'm always looking for good spots to put my funky smilies! Actually - I must admit...I "acquire" them from other threads, and I"ve started a "collection" with intent to share.
I always appreciate good smilies! LOVE 'EM! I don't have my smiley page open right now so just have to use stock.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...