Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 11:59 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I always appreciate good smilies! LOVE 'EM! I don't have my smiley page open right now so just have to use stock.
I've collected mine on a word document (with a little snapshot of what it looks like, and a descriptive word or two so i can "search & find" something.)

Some faves you might like:

And And just 'coz it makes me giggle:

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:03 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
I always appreciate good smilies! LOVE 'EM! I don't have my smiley page open right now so just have to use stock.
What's the easiest way to bring in smilies - just cut and paste?
I'd love to see that head up it's *** smilie!

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:05 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
I've collected mine on a word document (with a little snapshot of what it looks like, and a descriptive word or two so i can "search & find" something.)

Hmmmmm....... I'm going to have try that!

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:12 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
What's the easiest way to bring in smilies - just cut and paste?
I'd love to see that head up it's *** smilie!
You right-click on the smilie and select "properties" - that link is what you copy and paste. When you want to insert one into the thread, you select the "mountain & sun/moon in a box" icon from the reply tool bar (up there ^) a little call box opens, and you paste the link into it and hit enter. Voila!

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:20 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
You right-click on the smilie and select "properties" - that link is what you copy and paste. When you want to insert one into the thread, you select the "mountain & sun/moon in a box" icon from the reply tool bar (up there ^) a little call box opens, and you paste the link into it and hit enter. Voila!
Thanks, it works!

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:52 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
We briefly interrupt this program for a special announcement::::::::

Hey skillet,,!! where are you? How are you?? don't make me come get you through a PM......

We now bring you back to "As the Mini Turns" Thank you

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear

FUNNY! I love the big eyed ones best! Especially like this guy... ... especially condsidering that I've just been on the phone with the insurance company regarding medication!

I'm loving that APPROVED one too! I instantly think that it should be one used for a job for Gem! ONE THAT STICKS!
I think CC was right about the jinx... afraid to ask about the progress.

Old 02-18-2009 | 01:09 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
We briefly interrupt this program for a special announcement::::::::

Hey skillet,,!! where are you? How are you?? don't make me come get you through a PM......

We now bring you back to "As the Mini Turns" Thank you
I'm thinking that Skillet may have just given up... maybe it makes him feel sad to come back here.

TNMM- I didn't know what you were referring to so I had to GOOGLE it.

As for pigs in blankets- I made some for the Super Bowl and they were good! I'm thinking that TNMM can just put the rear seats down, open the barn doors, cover the area with a big sheet of plastic and stuff those muddy MINI pigs in!

RG- You have posted a pic that we can't chuckle at. You look too nice! Gem, you did the same thing!

Cab & UhOh- What's going on? We put ourselves "out there" with our old pics... but then there's no reciprocating with equivalent silliness? I think I might post a pic of my feet just to force people into playing by the rules. (Ok... my feet aren't bad at all so... I'll find Sandy Apple's feet instead or find some that are even worse!) C'mon... some of you guys MUST have some pics from the 70's or 80's?

So we're waiting for OLD pics from:
-Kiki
-Sika
-our new friend Thyodin
-CC
-Gem
-TNMM

Who else? I can only scroll back one page while typing this.

Oh yeah, MCWill.

Think of anyone else, please post. These will be naughty list people until they comply. Are you with me?

Old 02-18-2009 | 01:21 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I'm thinking that Skillet may have just given up... maybe it makes him feel sad to come back here.

TNMM- I didn't know what you were referring to so I had to GOOGLE it.

As for pigs in blankets- I made some for the Super Bowl and they were good! I'm thinking that TNMM can just put the rear seats down, open the barn doors, cover the area with a big sheet of plastic and stuff those muddy MINI pigs in!

RG- You have posted a pic that we can't chuckle at. You look too nice! Gem, you did the same thing!

Cab & UhOh- What's going on? We put ourselves "out there" with our old pics... but then there's no reciprocating with equivalent silliness? I think I might post a pic of my feet just to force people into playing by the rules. (Ok... my feet aren't bad at all so... I'll find Sandy Apple's feet instead or find some that are even worse!) C'mon... some of you guys MUST have some pics from the 70's or 80's?

-Kiki
-Sika
-our new friend Thyodin
-CC
-Gem
-TNMM

Oh yeah, MCWill.

Think of anyone else, please post. These will be naughty list people until they comply. Are you with me?
Agreed.

This one never fails to crack me up - hubband says I look like this when I drive: happy!

Oh, yeah...And I just think Skillet's been busy - he'd never abandon us intentionally.

Old 02-18-2009 | 01:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Agreed.

This one never fails to crack me up - hubband says I look like this when I drive: happy!

Oh, yeah...And I just think Skillet's been busy - he'd never abandon us intentionally.
Cute!

Cab are you with us? I have seen some ugly *** feet online ... please don't make me do it.

I had sent Skillet an email with additional info awhile ago but haven't heard from him.

Last edited by miniola; 02-18-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2009 | 01:35 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Don't worry too much about those aliens,,aka kids-- it is just the ages that they are, it all gets better. Well, after it gets alot worse,,,, hahahahahahahhaah whew, gotta get a grip here..

Personally I like broken blaze better than interrupted,, but I do love him, does he have a name? Does he trail ride? How many hands?

OK, his "show name" (should I ever show him) is MidLife Crisis. Stable name is: Beamer (i.e., he was my little red convertible, he's now a big red convertible). He trail rides, english and western, he does low level dressage, jumps, works cattle, and drives- he has both a 2 wheel buggie and a 4 wheel wagon he pulls. He's still "green" in that I could put a novice on him, but he just won't go anywhere. Not the fastest horse in the herd, but he's got a lot of stamina and when we trail ride, we go for hours on end. He's my baby...
Last time I measured him, he was just 4 and still rump high- so 15-3/4hh at rump, 15-1/4 at withers... and he's taller now- so I'm guessing he's between 15-1/2hh to 16hh at withers. I now need a fence or mounting block to get on him (mostly cause he's a barrel and I don't care HOW tight I cinch him, the saddle slips when I mount... and when we ride a tad... not that my weight could have anything to do with it, right?!)
Howz that Cab?! Got your horse mojo flowing???

giggle...

Old 02-18-2009 | 01:37 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
TN- love the photos of the animals and the kids. are just beautiufl...
Can i come and play at your house for a bit... i'll help with the cleaning and feeding of the animals!
come on out Gem...
I pay peanuts... but there's plenty o'parking
and wear your muck boots!

Old 02-18-2009 | 01:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

-Kiki
-Sika
-our new friend Thyodin
-CC
-Gem
-TNMM

Oh yeah, MCWill.

I don't want to be on the old list... but i don't have any old photos of me!!! I could find that year book and like you said take a picture of it - will that surfice???

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:03 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I'm loving that APPROVED one too! I instantly think that it should be one used for a job for Gem! ONE THAT STICKS!
I think CC was right about the jinx... afraid to ask about the progress.
I decided i'm not going to say anything about any job "offer" until i'm really on someones payroll....
but update, is no call yet from the Lawyers, they said they would get back to my by friday sometime.
The unethical company, well i received and email from them yesterday saying they will let me know on the 23rd... Letting me know what??? they are still considering me???? oh ok... now if i'm not working and they call and offer me a job, *where is that head up the *** smiley?*
Got a call today from a temp agency they asked if i could work for them until they find someone else! (Now there is a complaiment!!!) So I just might go in this company monday, who knows they might just like me and keep me!! I'm very likable!!

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

thanks for the tip on how you are saving these little smileys. i will try it. I never knew what the mountain and moon icon was for...

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok so we are in agreement the little icon will be used when i'm officially on payroll

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hey it worked thanks.

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
gotta go have some soup now, back later if my cold allows me...

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:26 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I don't want to be on the old list... but i don't have any old photos of me!!! I could find that year book and like you said take a picture of it - will that surfice???
YUP! Perfecto.

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:55 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear

My senior pics are all in a photo album in another state, I don't have access to them... I don't actually look a lot different, just take that picture and imagine it with dark brown hair cut in the same style that Madonna wore on her "I'm Breathless" album cover and red lipstick.

Old 02-18-2009 | 02:57 PM
miniola
6th Gear
When you're feeling down... just remember... turn that frown upside down!
(Ok... hardly as compelling as a KIKI quote ... but it's my contribution for today.)

ENJOY!

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:08 PM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
I don't really have any pictures of myself. My little sister is the family "keeper-of-the-photos", and I didn't get a senior photo taken so I don't even have that in a yearbook. I guess I'm not a pictures kind of guy. I can't even take a picture of my Mini because I haven't ordered it yet (ordering it next Friday). I know, I know.... worthless...

And since we're posting strange and silly videos, here's one for you guys. Although it's pretty strange even by this thread's standards:

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:55 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
It's gonna take me a while to find a pix of me from 'way back when'... (did they have cameras when the dinosaurs roamed?)
But I'll do it... (Ola knows how to make a gal feel guilty!)

(snicker)

(giggle)

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So Thy, what are you ordering next friday? you must have a list ready, brag a bit why don't you?!

Old 02-18-2009 | 05:46 PM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
Haha,

I'm getting a "Justa". I was mostly looking for something fun and fuel-efficient since I have a lot of road trips planned (family and friends on both coasts, as well as North and South). I've had a fast car before ('06 350z), and found out driving a fast car slow in town is even less fun than driving a slow car slow and once I'm on the highway I don't even notice the power, so I decided against the "S".

But, here goes:
Manual MC with British Racing Green/White roof and White hood stripes, Premium and Cold-Weather packages, Xenons with Front+Rear fog lights, factory armrest (I know I'm in the minority of people who like it), white turn signals, and that's really it. I was trying to keep the price low so I can invest more money in fixing up my house.

I'm a fairly recent convert to the new MINI fan club. I liked the look of them but always thought (before I looked into them) that they were expensive and not particularly fuel efficient. I started looking at new cars the middle of last year and was interested in a compact car I could fit comfortably in (I'm 6'3"), and the more I looked the more I kept coming back to the Mini. When I found out the new engine design gave the Justas maneagable performance and stellar gas mileage I decided to go ahead and see them in person. After I test drove one I was hooked! I set the end of February as my order date because I get my Bonus then, and it doesn't really get nice here till mid to late April, so this way It'll get here just in time for spring! Yay Spring!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...