Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:09 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Silka- i'm guessing early 90's....
nice!!!!
The school pic is from my HS id in 1977.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear

as for the rest of you greedy, toe loven, freaky high school interested people... keep your shoes on... i'm can't find the camera... so tomorrow will be the dam high school picture. ONE and i'm done...
you can laugh if you want but remember, I can go back to the pages of funky hair posting...because in high school i didn't have that permed crazy thing until years later, and there was not enough time to snap a photo before it was cut off.
Gem- You are funny! I also see that you're putting in some major effort to get a pic.So what time does the husband get home with the camera? We'll be looking forward to your "ONE" pic.

Thy- Congrats on the new car! The husband thought he wanted the center arm rest part when we got the '05. When we got the '08, it had it and it was a huge PITA. We are very different in height though so it works better for him. I am 5' and he is 6'5"... the seat is either all the way forward or all the way back. It bothered me for awhile because it was in the way of me using the E-brake. Now I put my sunglasses in it. Definitely wouldn't pay extra for it but some people really love it. He likes it... but I never let him drive so.... And BTW- good effort for your pics too... except that we can't giggle about it. I think you still might have to be on the naughty list. Cab/UhOh... what do you think?

Oh yeah, and as for height... Big Norm's got us all beat. He's like 8' and fits into the smaller classic mini. (Ok... 6'11"... close enough!)

x uh oh x
6th Gear
wow never tried that. I thought you had to pay for internet to do that.. let me try...

ok if is works let's try to keep the bubble headed comments to a minimum!!!

holy moly it worked!!!!
I was going to say, "ha ha ha, Gem, you're so cute" to your first post, but then your pic showed up too. You ARE cute! No shame in that HS photo! Isn't it funny how we tend to get rid of most of the embarrassing photos of ourselves? I keep one or two really horrific ones, just to remind myself that my "bad hair day" could REALLLY REALLY be worse...and ONCE WAS!!!!

gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
The school pic is from my HS id in 1977.
I get points right??

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:14 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
OK here is my high school photo!!! you asked for it.... thanks for your help OHUH (aka X)
i'm off the bad list!
Great pic gem!!!! I had a hard time finding one. I think my mother still has all my other pics.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:16 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
I get points right??
Sure! Since your the one that was closest you win!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:19 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Yeah i've been meaning to talk to you about that.... dam games!!!
thanks for introducing me to them!
You're welcome!

Nice pic, btw. You look like my sister in it, kinda.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
I was going to say, "ha ha ha, Gem, you're so cute" to your first post, but then your pic showed up too. You ARE cute! No shame in that HS photo! Isn't it funny how we tend to get rid of most of the embarrassing photos of ourselves? I keep one or two really horrific ones, just to remind myself that my "bad hair day" could REALLLY REALLY be worse...and ONCE WAS!!!!
Thanks for the compliment! My hair was so thin and straight, it was down to my butt... my sister trimed my hair for me, i had no idea she was drunk and took about 12 inches off of it!!! that was the last time it was that long.

And the embarrassing part, I have been testing for a 1000 years (almost) and never knew i could send it to my address without paying for the extra service!!!

thanks for not making comments about the bubble headed friend you have on this thread!!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:21 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
You're welcome!

Nice pic, btw. You look like my sister in it, kinda.
maybe i am!!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:22 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
............[edit].............................
just to remind myself that my "bad hair day" could REALLLY REALLY be worse...and ONCE WAS!!!!
Mine was always out of control! But, at least I had some to have a bad hair day with!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear

I think it is from the 3rd grade. And notice the fine MINI mouse pad backdrop....
MCWill- You did it! Now THAT is a funkin' shirt! Wish I had a Travolta Disco smiley... big props for that one. So this means that Sika HAS to post right? He probably already did while I'm playing "catch up" here.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:24 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
MCWill- You did it! Now THAT is a funkin' shirt! Wish I had a Travolta Disco smiley... big props for that one. So this means that Sika HAS to post right? He probably already did while I'm playing "catch up" here.
I already did!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:28 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
maybe i am!!!
No, you have much better taste in cars!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:29 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Chances are that if your cell phone can take pics, it can also send them to an email account.
Hey blue eyed hottie,,, oops I meant McWill--- I was going to say that very same thing,,, gem just email your camera picture to your email, download it and poof! Job done..

I have so much to catch up on!! Thyo- I likie your picture, I can tell you are tall. And you better be careful,,, Gem is eying you as if you were covered in chocolate..
Okay I am returning to the thread to continue catching up.
Oh!! For what it is worth, I got a pretty nice Adventure kit from MINI.

A nice journal to write my traveling notes in (I will use it for work related stuff)
MINI pen
antenna ball Union Jack Flag (already have one that my MA gave me)
Decals to go on the MINI
3 D glasses and a deciphering kit that I am supposed to use when I see a MINI Cooper ad? I guess it gives me clues towards free things or discounts? Has anyone else got this?? Or won anything??

All in all it was a pretty cool little package of goodies!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
No, you have much better taste in cars!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
LOVE this look for you!

KIKI- That second pic is awesome! I think probably most of us had "mom-cut bangs" (and some even "self-cut" bangs ) in our past. But that look on your face is exactly what I feel like everytime I get in my MINI!

Also, wanted to say one thing about the pics... I hope that no one feels bad about posting their pics. This is all meant in good fun. A "back in the day" of sorts. I know that not everyone has a senior pic... whether it was because we didn't want one, couldn't afford one, didn't graduate... hey, sht happens and there's no judgement. I posted my senior pics only because my hair was REALLY big and because it was definitely a style for the times... (and it does make me laugh ). I love that MCWill took the assignment and ran with it... LOVE the shirt!. The point is... we could have been a drop out or have a Master's Degree... rich or poor... in sickness and in health (haha)... it doesn't matter here (at least on THIS thread) we are all equals... here for friendship and the common love of the MINI/Mini.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:38 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
OK here is my high school photo!!! you asked for it.... thanks for your help OHUH (aka X)
i'm off the bad list!

Awww, what a little princess...... grin. No really Gem, that is an awesome senior shot. I look at senior pics and I love my first thoughts, My first thought was that you had a happy childhood.......

Hope I am right.
I initially missed this photo I had to scroll back two pages to discover it,, don't know how I missed a full page, maybe two but I really need to go back a few pages and re read everything. 'Ola yes, I feel invisable too sometimes on here... but I know it is hard to include everything and if you all are like me you miss some of the highlights.... I feel so behind!! So much good stuff on here today!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:40 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem- You are funny! I also see that you're putting in some major effort to get a pic.So what time does the husband get home with the camera? We'll be looking forward to your "ONE" pic.

Thy- Congrats on the new car! The husband thought he wanted the center arm rest part when we got the '05. When we got the '08, it had it and it was a huge PITA. We are very different in height though so it works better for him. I am 5' and he is 6'5"... the seat is either all the way forward or all the way back. It bothered me for awhile because it was in the way of me using the E-brake. Now I put my sunglasses in it. Definitely wouldn't pay extra for it but some people really love it. He likes it... but I never let him drive so.... And BTW- good effort for your pics too... except that we can't giggle about it. I think you still might have to be on the naughty list. Cab/UhOh... what do you think?

Oh yeah, and as for height... Big Norm's got us all beat. He's like 8' and fits into the smaller classic mini. (Ok... 6'11"... close enough!)
Yes, Thyo you are on the naughty list still, we need a nerdy, funky kind of gawky youngster shot...... puhleeeze?

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:41 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Also, wanted to say one thing about the pics... I hope that no one feels bad about posting their pics. This is all meant in good fun. A "back in the day" of sorts. I know that not everyone has a senior pic... whether it was because we didn't want one, couldn't afford one, didn't graduate... hey, sht happens and there's no judgement. I posted my senior pics only because my hair was REALLY big and because it was definitely a style for the times... (and it does make me laugh ). I love that MCWill took the assignment and ran with it... LOVE the shirt!. The point is... we could have been a drop out or have a Master's Degree... rich or poor... in sickness and in health (haha)... it doesn't matter here (at least on THIS thread) we are all equals... here for friendship and the common love of the MINI/Mini.
Well said!!!

but then again you did threaten us all with toe photos!!! what were we supposed to do???

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:45 PM
miniola
6th Gear
i'm off the bad list!
Sika- Lovin' the 17 year old pic!

Gem- All that cryin' about posting an old pic and you looked like THAT?!? You are so crazy! You looked great! Did you use the "posterize" on photoshop?

gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Awww, what a little princess...... grin. No really Gem, that is an awesome senior shot. I look at senior pics and I love my first thoughts, My first thought was that you had a happy childhood.......
Well let's just say "Princess" was never in my name!
I was a kid that had A LOT of attitude and showed it most of the time! Pictures can be deceiving.

cabwy
6th Gear
Okay

Attachment 40220
Me at 17.
Attachment 40221Attachment 40222
About 10 years later.

I've tried to protect the innocent, these are poor scans from not so good photos! I'll let y'all guess the dates!
Great shots!! Sika,, your high school photo reminds me of an old Soap Opera-Dark Shadows,,,,

And your "gown up" shots are really good, looks like you were at a party? And I can't guess on the timeframe of the more recent shots, I can't seem to remember when dotted pantyhose were in style,,, not that YOU were wearing them,,,, but they are in the shot.

You guys rock!! This is fun. And TNMM I copied a shot of me and my hoss but it is too blurry to put on here,,,, I will keep fussing, still not finished for the day (one more body) and then I will get it on here.

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Will, I love the blue eyes, but you know something? In High School a blue eyed young man really betrayed me and I have never,,,ever,, dated a man with blue eyes again. *sob* *gulp* Okay, shaking this memory off,, anyways, you are either shy or you were sad in that pic??

This is fun,,,,

Hey 'OLA!! I think we are still having some non conformists on here, I showed my dorky shot with the cat lady glasses, you showed that mane of fuzzy hair,, but Gem has only showed us glamour shots,,,, LilB only showed nice shots of herself, RG only showed a recent one,, who else?
McWill, how about an after to go with the before. I can't play Euchre with you until I have a face to picture in my mind. And I can't play euchre without talking krap and I can't talk like that to that young little shy/sad boy in the pic...

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Yes, Thyo you are on the naughty list still, we need a nerdy, funky kind of gawky youngster shot...... puhleeeze?

And I am almost caught up!

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Sika- Lovin' the 17 year old pic!

Gem- All that cryin' about posting an old pic and you looked like THAT?!? You are so crazy! You looked great! Did you use the "posterize" on photoshop?
You are too kind... thank you!

And you are asking ME that question? did you see how many posts it took from MCWill and X to tell me how to TEXT that photo???

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...