Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Just finally got caught up--4 pages of posts since last night! Sometimes this thread flies by. The pics of everyone are great. I know I've got some more candid shots somewhere, but they'll need to be scanned in & that takes time once I find the silly pics.
I have to admit I've "adopted" quite a few wonderful smiley's from this thread, and that My Candy one is PERFECT!!! I love it.
Y'all are too cool. I'm glad I found this thread.
Agreed, MY CANDY is so funny!! i saved that one too.

hey look who i found!!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Very seldom do I smile for photos, but once I get behind the wheel of my MINI.... , out comes the grin.

this is the first thing i thougth of reading your post.

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:08 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Wow, I bet you have some great twisties!
Oh, yeah. Twisties and ups and downs too! The road that leads from the Mill to my house has about 8 or 10 curves and rises about 200 feet in altitude in less than a half a mile.

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:11 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Just finally got caught up--4 pages of posts since last night! Sometimes this thread flies by. The pics of everyone are great. I know I've got some more candid shots somewhere, but they'll need to be scanned in & that takes time once I find the silly pics.
I have to admit I've "adopted" quite a few wonderful smiley's from this thread, and that My Candy one is PERFECT!!! I love it.
Y'all are too cool. I'm glad I found this thread.
I'm glad that you found this thread also!!
Now I have to say that I am tired,, and must say good night.

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:16 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa

this is the first thing i thought of reading your post.
Definitely gonna steal that smiley!

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:22 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Yeah I'm doing the same -
night all!

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Figures... you're going to bed now.

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Okay,, fine,,,, this will teach me to open my big mouth, the next time I delete them I most certainly not tell anyone. So to recap, the first is the obvious senior pic before I discovered contact lenses, the second is me as a little farm girl and third was oh, like 4 years ago at a Christmas party, I cropped it to protect others in the picture.
Good girl.

Thyodin- you're off the naughty list now. BTW- what does your name mean and what nickname would you prefer to be called?

So Hal is asking to be on the naughty list? Consider it done!

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:41 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hal, I can kindof relate to that. One, I trashed pics that I hated of myself. and until about 8 years ago my mother would not relinquish any of my childhood photos,,, you are forgiven your transgresssion. You photo of yourself and MINI were perfect....
but! If you can find some sortof occasion where you look less than perfect feel free to ask someone to shoot the picture and share it??

I know,, I am one sick pup!

oh, and I can't guarantee that Miniloa will be so lenient...
Thank you for straightening this out Cab. I think we all have to hold strong on this old pic thing. Once one exception is made then others will be upset. Gem worked all day to come up with one so I have to insist that Hal takes a pic of an old pic and posts. Cough it up!

Gem- You found your chocolate!!!

Cab- Where was that dive pic taken? The water looked nice. I was thinking... if I was the one in that water there would be a different look on my face. It would be one of fear... and a shark fin circling in the background!

Lil- It's always the quiet ones, right?!? Or the ones that USED TO BE the quiet ones.

Hal- I think I've been by your house before! Breathe easy though... I wasn't wearing a wig. I'll have to Google Earth the area and see. I don't ever know where I am... just know that I'm having a blast when I'm driving! **OK, just checked yhe map. I went to this place- http://www.backwoodszoocrew.com/home.html and that's where I got my cat George. Then we drove to the Dragon with George and drove back to Florida. I think this place is in Centre, AL... would your house be somewhere along the way to get to the Dragon? I've only been there once.

Last edited by miniola; 02-19-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Why are there all these green lights on but nobody's home?
Old 02-19-2009 | 08:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear
or rather .... thanks sika,, and I love it that your wife is close to my age!!
I always want to type silka instead of sika
So Sika- do you have yourself a Cougar?

Well, looks like I'm talking to myself so I guess I'll stop.

Gem, Cab, UhOh- You guys didn't like my pics? I posted incognito, FEET and a real one without big hair just for you.

Old 02-19-2009 | 11:11 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I've been powering over the last 7+ pages of this thread off and on for 2 days now. I FINALLY finish and everyone is GONE??!! East Coast/West Coast time difference, I guess.

Anyway, I'm celebrating MY 46th Birthday Today and have had a Fun Filled Day. Hubby and I drove up to Multnomah Falls, had Lunch, shopped in Downtown Portland, had Ice Cream at Ben&Jerry's, bought some Cupcakes for Dessert after my Birthday Dinner, went to Dinner at Original Roadhouse and came home to catch up on "As the MINI Turns..."

Since I wasn't named to the 'Bad List' I thought I'd bore you all with a HS Pic. of me, sorry it's so bad, I actually had to take a pic. of it with my cell phone. I had made a Collage of some Family Photos a long time ago, the frame is now falling apart, but the pics. are still attached to the backing so I'm balancing the pics. on my knee and trying to get a good enough pic.

I've always had Razor Straight Hair (Straw)...I had an accident when I was 2 Years Old and my Mom says the meds. they gave me while I was in the Hospital is what caused my hair to be so straight. Before then I had Ringlettes all over my head.

Anyway, thought I'd share. I have a Year Old Pic. of me in my Gallery, with quite a bit more weight on than what I have now, AND my Molly Car is beside me!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-20-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2009 | 04:50 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

Gem, Cab, UhOh- You guys didn't like my pics? I posted incognito, FEET and a real one without big hair just for you.

Awww sweetie, I loved your pics!! I'm sorry, when it moves this fast and furious I leave out important replies..
I loved the red wig,, and you eyes,,,well your eyes do look a little manic!! But I can still see the goodness in there, in truth I think you were trying to look sexy...
The feet were awesome and I am guessing that those mountains were in Colorado? Do you ski? I never ever have tried to ski, I figure with all of my injuries the last thing I need to do is strap on skis!!
And the other shot I saw of you on here somewhere before??? I think??
And I think your shorter hair style is adorable.
I really should re read these last 10-12 pages and see all that I missed.

Old 02-20-2009 | 04:53 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I've been powering over the last 7+ pages of this thread off and on for 2 days now. I FINALLY finish and everyone is GONE??!! East Coast/West Coast time difference, I guess.

Anyway, I'm celebrating MY 46th Birthday Today and have had a Fun Filled Day. Hubby and I drove up to Multnomah Falls, had Lunch, shopped in Downtown Portland, had Ice Cream at Ben&Jerry's, bought some Cupcakes for Dessert after my Birthday Dinner, went to Dinner at Original Roadhouse and came home to catch up on "As the MINI Turns..."

Since I wasn't named to the 'Bad List' I thought I'd bore you all with a HS Pic. of me, sorry it's so bad, I actually had to take a pic. of it with my cell phone. I had made a Collage of some Family Photos a long time ago, the frame is now falling apart, but the pics. are still attached to the backing so I'm balancing the pics. on my knee and trying to get a good enough pic.

I've always had Razor Straight Hair (Straw)...I had an accident when I was 2 Years Old and my Mom says the meds. they gave me while I was in the Hospital is what caused my hair to be so straight. Before then I had Ringlettes all over my head.

Anyway, thought I'd share. I have a Year Old Pic. of me in my Gallery, with quite a bit more weight on than what I have now, AND my Molly Car is beside me!!

RJ--- Happy Happy Happy Birthday!! Your special day sounds awesome!!
And you are still not off of the hook,,,, while I am sure it was just a mistake that you were not on the bad list-- you have to actually have a pic on here THAT ACTUALLY SHOWS UP

Get to work girl!!

I have to dash off now, I am actually driving to Ottos before my work day starts to have my driver side window fixed.....

Old 02-20-2009 | 05:33 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning folks...
Y'all can certainly talk a LOT! I tried to keep up last night but, sorry for this, Grey's/PP got me first!
Now it's time to get kids to school and me moving... Yawn! I swear someone took the caffeine outta my coffee - grrr... wonder if it's the sock troll, he's seemed a bit voracious the last few days, I'm beginning to think he's found my caffeine and it's causing him to eat more socks!
Cab, that pix of you in the water cracked me up! First thing I thought of was that you were imitating a trick dolphin, jumping up for a treat (was it chocolate?!)
Gotta run- TTYL-

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2009 | 05:52 AM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
I've been trying to keep up since I found this thread.

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:33 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
morning all!
getting started to catch up.

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:38 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:39 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Oh i totally loved it, was laughing and was so tempted to taking a pic of my slippers just to back you!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:51 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OK all caught up... first off...
RJK- repost a photo!!!
Cab, your snorkling photo is great, but would never catch me in the water, deathly afraid of water.. my BIG PHOBIA!!! but hubby snorkles and takes pictures for me to show me the bottom of hte ocean...
OLA- being totally honest that red wig scared the hell out of me for a sec... you are cute- stay away from florcent red wigs!!!
TN- control your caffine trolls!!! don't let them win!!!
LIL -you are female show your mulit tasking traits you were born with girl!!!

anyone notice the "GUYS" on this thread sleep in? they never seem to wake up early!! why's that???

oh and Happy Friday!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:54 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hello anyone out there today???????
Am I the only one here??????????

Old 02-20-2009 | 08:17 AM
sikamini
6th Gear

Yep! I'm her boy toy!

Old 02-20-2009 | 08:22 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
RJKimbell, happy birthday!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 09:33 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear

anyone notice the "GUYS" on this thread sleep in? they never seem to wake up early!! why's that???

oh and Happy Friday!!!
I'm west coast, so sleeping in to you is 3 hours difference. I'm usually up at 6:15-7, I just don't get on here right away as I have dogs to walk and fantasy sports stuff to check, emails, breakfast, etc.

So there!

Old 02-20-2009 | 09:43 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
What MCW said. I'm west coast too, so I miss out on a lot of the fun.

Old 02-20-2009 | 10:13 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
...........[edit]...............

oh and Happy Friday!!!
I have to open the office first!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...