Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009 | 10:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Random - MCWill -west coast answers - poor excuse!!! Look I'm unemployeed and while this is happening make a point to get up earlier to entertain me!!! DRINK MORE COFFEE

Sika- good excuse but while i don't have an office to open anymore, poor excuse!

Old 02-20-2009 | 10:55 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Random - MCWill -west coast answers - poor excuse!!! Look I'm unemployeed and while this is happening make a point to get up earlier to entertain me!!! DRINK MORE COFFEE

It is not possible that you consume more coffee per day than I do. I got up, had a 24 oz white chocolate mocha with 2 shots of espresso, and just fired up my espresso machine to pull another two shots so I could make a 20 oz vanilla latte.

I live in the land of coffee and light, home state of Starbucks, in a county where you can't swing a cat without hitting a java hut. There are 7 java huts within five minutes of my house. I promise you, my coffee consumption per day makes yours look like child's play.

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:00 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Thank you for straightening this out Cab. I think we all have to hold strong on this old pic thing. Once one exception is made then others will be upset. Gem worked all day to come up with one so I have to insist that Hal takes a pic of an old pic and posts. Cough it up!

Gem- You found your chocolate!!!

Cab- Where was that dive pic taken? The water looked nice. I was thinking... if I was the one in that water there would be a different look on my face. It would be one of fear... and a shark fin circling in the background!

Lil- It's always the quiet ones, right?!? Or the ones that USED TO BE the quiet ones.

Hal- I think I've been by your house before! Breathe easy though... I wasn't wearing a wig. I'll have to Google Earth the area and see. I don't ever know where I am... just know that I'm having a blast when I'm driving! **OK, just checked yhe map. I went to this place- http://www.backwoodszoocrew.com/home.html and that's where I got my cat George. Then we drove to the Dragon with George and drove back to Florida. I think this place is in Centre, AL... would your house be somewhere along the way to get to the Dragon? I've only been there once.

'OLA-- that dive shot was in Palau, Micronesia. We were on a wonderful "liveaboard" and dived 5-6 times a day, which is ALOT!
I had two wetsuits with me and when I switched to the thicker heavier one it made me more bouyant and I have to ascend to get more wieght,, that is what he is hadning me. The divemaster took a picture to make fun of me. To be underweighted is what they consider a "rookie" mistake.. hahah
You would love the water there, so pristine and clear, you could at times see down 50-60 feet. If you look on my shoulder on the left side of the photo you will see a rectangular yellow thing. It was a GPS tracking device-the currents are so strong there and it is a safety precaution,, when they told me that I needed one I must confess I did get a teensy bit worried.....
Gem I am sorry you have such a phobia with water- it is one of my greatest joys - to be underwater and able to breath and be weightless and so relaxed....

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:03 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
It is not possible that you consume more coffee per day than I do. I got up, had a 24 oz white chocolate mocha with 2 shots of espresso, and just fired up my espresso machine to pull another two shots so I could make a 20 oz vanilla latte.

I live in the land of coffee and light, home state of Starbucks, in a county where you can't swing a cat without hitting a java hut. There are 7 java huts within five minutes of my house. I promise you, my coffee consumption per day makes yours look like child's play.
GREAT ANSWER!!!
can't top that except that coffee sounds great, white chocolate mocha with exspresso!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:04 AM
cabwy
6th Gear

Woof!!! You sound like my husband. He drinks these huge mugs of coffee, I think he has at least 4 every morning and the mug holds at least 2 cups each. I worry that he drinks so much of the stuff..... sigh.
I am a tea drinker... and I rarely drink alcohol,,,, pitiful, I now.

Hey GEM- I saw Holly this morning!! I had to leave Sloopy for a few hours to get her window issue solved and chatted for a bit. She has been super busy and did Atomic17 PM you? She sold him a MINI!!! Woo Hoo!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:19 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Woof!!! You sound like my husband. He drinks these huge mugs of coffee, I think he has at least 4 every morning and the mug holds at least 2 cups each. I worry that he drinks so much of the stuff..... sigh.
Don't worry about the coffee, coffee is actually good for you in moderation. As long as he stops drinking it before 6 pm, he'll be fine and supposedly, coffee drinkers have less incidences of alzheimer's disease and heart disease.

If you're concerned about caffeine, you could always go to Macy's and buy an espresso machine. There is about half the caffeine in 2 shots of espresso than in half of his cups of coffee, and espresso shots produce the same amount of flavor as a cup of coffee does. You could also make it doubly healthy by mixing the shots with an unsweetened soy milk, which is really high in protein and nutrients the body needs.

A starter machine should run you right around 100$. I really recommend avoiding krups machines because they just aren't constructed very well. They cost more than they are worth. Delonghi makes a 100$ very basic espresso machine that should last you for a while. If you find you want to upgrade, or want something nicer, PM me and I'll give you the low down on the machines in detail. I have the cadillac of espresso machines and even though I paid about as much for it as I did for my laptop... it paid for itself in about three months because it saved me all those trips to the java hut for 3$ mochas.

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:21 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

Hey GEM- I saw Holly this morning!! I had to leave Sloopy for a few hours to get her window issue solved and chatted for a bit. She has been super busy and did Atomic17 PM you? She sold him a MINI!!! Woo Hoo!!
Cab- sounds like i drink as much coffee as your hubby! Yes I'm a major coffee drinker... I'm going to Random's house soon..

Holly sent me an email, and Atomic PM'ed me last night, we chatted a bit... exciting time for him, wasn't too long ago you and i were just as excited...
Did he contact you too? Sounds like you, Holly and I should try to schedule to meet up again!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:24 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Don't worry about the coffee, coffee is actually good for you in moderation. As long as he stops drinking it before 6 pm, he'll be fine and supposedly, coffee drinkers have less incidences of alzheimer's disease and heart disease.

If you're concerned about caffeine, you could always go to Macy's and buy an espresso machine. There is about half the caffeine in 2 shots of espresso than in half of his cups of coffee, and espresso shots produce the same amount of flavor as a cup of coffee does. You could also make it doubly healthy by mixing the shots with an unsweetened soy milk, which is really high in protein and nutrients the body needs.

A starter machine should run you right around 100$. I really recommend avoiding krups machines because they just aren't constructed very well. They cost more than they are worth. Delonghi makes a 100$ very basic espresso machine that should last you for a while. If you find you want to upgrade, or want something nicer, PM me and I'll give you the low down on the machines in detail. I have the cadillac of espresso machines and even though I paid about as much for it as I did for my laptop... it paid for itself in about three months because it saved me all those trips to the java hut for 3$ mochas.
Thanks for the info!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:25 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Random, you do know I was joking with the comment about getting up earlier to entertain me- right???

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:27 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Thanks for the info!!
Anytime! I am a total coffee nerd.

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:28 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Random, you do know I was joking with the comment about getting up earlier to entertain me- right???
Yes... why do you think I pulled out phrases like "you can't swing a cat without hitting... " in my post?

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:28 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Why you name RandomGemini?
Are you a Gemini?? I am, just curious!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:31 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Anytime! I am a total coffee nerd.
Our kids got us a coffee roaster for xmas last year and so we have been trying out roasting our own "green beans" and different roasts and grinds.

Nothing beats the smell of fresh roasted and ground coffee!!! Nothing...

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:40 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Why you name RandomGemini?
Are you a Gemini?? I am, just curious!
Yes. My best friend and I both happen to be Gemini. The story behind the name is as follows: One day, she and I were wandering around a shopping mall downtown and we both got attracted to all the same stores and noticed that we had a taste for things that sparkled. Glittery scarves, shiny shoes and handbags, and the jewelry stores were our absolute downfall. We joked about how Gemini are naturally attracted to all things shiny and had a great time.

When we got back to her apartment and took an inventory of our conquests, this is what came out of all of our bags.

6 volumes of manga (japanese comic books)
2 bottles of perfume from Nordstrom.
3 boxes containing various items of jewelry.
2 new pairs of shoes.
1 gun cleaning kit.
1 R/C car that was purchased for me, not for my children.
1 home repair and improvement book.
1 putty knife
1 package of sandpaper pads for a sander
and a couple of blocks of cheese.

When we got done, we looked at all of this stuff and said, "Wow, this is so weird... and completely random. I'm afraid that the people who saw this mess would think we're crazy."

After that, when we went shopping and had to run all over town to grab various items that had built up over a couple weeks, we dubbed them "Random Gemini Weirdness"... which then became the name of my blog... which became shortened to "randomgemini" when I registered my domain.

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:50 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Yes. My best friend and I both happen to be Gemini. The story behind the name is as follows: One day, she and I were wandering around a shopping mall downtown and we both got attracted to all the same stores and noticed that we had a taste for things that sparkled. Glittery scarves, shiny shoes and handbags, and the jewelry stores were our absolute downfall. We joked about how Gemini are naturally attracted to all things shiny and had a great time.
Great story, thanks for sharing and that is too funny, about gemini's being attracted to shiny things... I'm gemini and my hobby is jewelry, my favorite color is gold and if it is gold and sparlking it's mine!! Hense the Sparlking Silver car i now drive! As a matter of fact every car except for 2 have always been gold or the closest thing that particular car dealer has to gold!
My birthday is 23 of May, when is yours?

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:53 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Great story, thanks for sharing and that is too funny, about gemini's being attracted to shiny things... I'm gemini and my hobby is jewelry, my favorite color is gold and if it is gold and sparlking it's mine!! Hense the Sparlking Silver car i now drive! As a matter of fact every car except for 2 have always been gold or the closest thing that particular car dealer has to gold!
OK, so I'm really behind in this thread now. I really need to catch up as I'm sure I've missed responding to a few of you. This though ^ how awesome! I've met only 2 other people with my birthdate. Pretty cool

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:54 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
June 20. I'm also a cusp baby, but I'm on the opposite cusp with cancer, rather than with Taurus.

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:57 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Awww sweetie, I loved your pics!! I'm sorry, when it moves this fast and furious I leave out important replies..
I loved the red wig,, and you eyes,,,well your eyes do look a little manic!! But I can still see the goodness in there, in truth I think you were trying to look sexy...
The feet were awesome and I am guessing that those mountains were in Colorado? Do you ski? I never ever have tried to ski, I figure with all of my injuries the last thing I need to do is strap on skis!!
And the other shot I saw of you on here somewhere before??? I think??
And I think your shorter hair style is adorable.
I really should re read these last 10-12 pages and see all that I missed.
FIRST- things seem to be a bit slower today... so if you missed this yesterday... please look at this picture:
http://www.kingjames.co.za/images/up...llet%20man.jpg

Ok cab- you got me... I was trying to look like a sex kitten. It's supposed to be the balance of good and evil. The feet were in Champery, Switzerland. And "NO"... I do not ski. I was so cold and I was trying to get my teeth to stop chattering. I was forced to go by my MIL and I was there with the husband and his two obnoxious brothers. I was considering jumping! So I took pics of my feet instead! I also made a tiny little snowman. As for the other pic... did I already have that in my gallery? Is my Alzheimer's setting in early?

Your story about the warning to wear the GPS due to the fact that they may have to "locate" you reminds me of my wedding. (I know... how???) Well, we had a whitewater rafting wedding and once we were ready to get on the bus to go, they start talking about all of the dangers... head injuries, drownings all these ways to "survive". Unfortunately most everyone was so shocked about all the ways they may die... it was hard to pay attention to how to survive.

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
OK, so I'm really behind in this thread now. I really need to catch up as I'm sure I've missed responding to a few of you. This though ^ how awesome! I've met only 2 other people with my birthdate. Pretty cool
Skillet, welcome back - we missed you!!! where have you been hiding, behind an apple tree???
Seriously you and I share the same date????
that is fantastic to know, I have only ever meet one other person!

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:02 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

BTW- I thought it was Sika that had to post if MCWill did... but I have discovered that it was MINI-IZED that made the promise to post. Umm hmmm... where is ol' MINI-IZED these days?!?!

(Just on for a sec... gotta go again.) Bye.
I haven't checked in for a while, on the job hunt and I may have found something. Anyways I was catching up on the last ten pages of posts, then I saw MCWill's pic and thought "oh crap, I've been beaten" Then I was reading along and thought "ah they forgot about me" But nothing gets by miniola. Now I have to go and dig up my mullet pic. (sigh)

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:06 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Skillet! LTNS!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:08 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Hey Skillet!! Haven't heard from you in a while, it will probably take a few days to catch up!! Ten pages in three days took me most of the morning! Good to hear from you!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I've been powering over the last 7+ pages of this thread off and on for 2 days now. I FINALLY finish and everyone is GONE??!! East Coast/West Coast time difference, I guess.

Anyway, I'm celebrating MY 46th Birthday Today and have had a Fun Filled Day. Hubby and I drove up to Multnomah Falls, had Lunch, shopped in Downtown Portland, had Ice Cream at Ben&Jerry's, bought some Cupcakes for Dessert after my Birthday Dinner, went to Dinner at Original Roadhouse and came home to catch up on "As the MINI Turns..."

Since I wasn't named to the 'Bad List' I thought I'd bore you all with a HS Pic. of me, sorry it's so bad, I actually had to take a pic. of it with my cell phone. I had made a Collage of some Family Photos a long time ago, the frame is now falling apart, but the pics. are still attached to the backing so I'm balancing the pics. on my knee and trying to get a good enough pic.

I've always had Razor Straight Hair (Straw)...I had an accident when I was 2 Years Old and my Mom says the meds. they gave me while I was in the Hospital is what caused my hair to be so straight. Before then I had Ringlettes all over my head.

Anyway, thought I'd share. I have a Year Old Pic. of me in my Gallery, with quite a bit more weight on than what I have now, AND my Molly Car is beside me!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Looking for something that sparkling... no can do. How about something shaggy? Will this work?

*Oh yeah, can't see your pic.

Last edited by miniola; 02-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2009 | 12:15 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
on the subject of birthdays....

First off, Happy Birthday RJ!

Second, as far as knowing people who share one's birthday: I actually have 2 relatives that share my birthday with me, and one who almost does. My uncle and my cousin's daughter and I were all born on the same day in January, but quite a few years apart. And I was born around 4:30 a.m., and the next day my mom was wheeling herself around the hospital (which is what the hospitals did way back when) and she sees her sister was there. My aunt gave birth to my cousin 22 hours after I was born, but alas, at 2:30 a.m. the next day.

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:15 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK all caught up... first off...
RJK- repost a photo!!!
Cab, your snorkling photo is great, but would never catch me in the water, deathly afraid of water.. my BIG PHOBIA!!! but hubby snorkles and takes pictures for me to show me the bottom of hte ocean...
OLA- being totally honest that red wig scared the hell out of me for a sec... you are cute- stay away from florcent red wigs!!!
TN- control your caffine trolls!!! don't let them win!!!
LIL -you are female show your mulit tasking traits you were born with girl!!!

anyone notice the "GUYS" on this thread sleep in? they never seem to wake up early!! why's that???

oh and Happy Friday!!!
Gem... Gem... Gem... dontcha know that if the guys woke up early, they'd have to make us coffee and breakfast in bed?! They're shirking sister, they're shirking!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...