Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
It is not possible that you consume more coffee per day than I do. I got up, had a 24 oz white chocolate mocha with 2 shots of espresso, and just fired up my espresso machine to pull another two shots so I could make a 20 oz vanilla latte.

I live in the land of coffee and light, home state of Starbucks, in a county where you can't swing a cat without hitting a java hut. There are 7 java huts within five minutes of my house. I promise you, my coffee consumption per day makes yours look like child's play.
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
GREAT ANSWER!!!
can't top that except that coffee sounds great, white chocolate mocha with exspresso!!
Don't worry about the coffee, coffee is actually good for you in moderation. As long as he stops drinking it before 6 pm, he'll be fine and supposedly, coffee drinkers have less incidences of alzheimer's disease and heart disease.

If you're concerned about caffeine, you could always go to Macy's and buy an espresso machine. There is about half the caffeine in 2 shots of espresso than in half of his cups of coffee, and espresso shots produce the same amount of flavor as a cup of coffee does. You could also make it doubly healthy by mixing the shots with an unsweetened soy milk, which is really high in protein and nutrients the body needs.

A starter machine should run you right around 100$. I really recommend avoiding krups machines because they just aren't constructed very well. They cost more than they are worth. Delonghi makes a 100$ very basic espresso machine that should last you for a while. If you find you want to upgrade, or want something nicer, PM me and I'll give you the low down on the machines in detail. I have the cadillac of espresso machines and even though I paid about as much for it as I did for my laptop... it paid for itself in about three months because it saved me all those trips to the java hut for 3$ mochas.
CAARREEFuull, there, Gem...You're talking to RG - self-appointed (ok, husband-appointed) Sexy Barrista. She has her own coffee bar set up and EVERYthing. Can talk intelligently about "scaling." *insert climactic organ music* DUM DUM DUM.... (See what I mean!? The woman has no mercy.)

Last edited by x uh oh x; 02-21-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2009 | 09:18 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
First off, Happy Birthday RJ!

Second, as far as knowing people who share one's birthday: I actually have 2 relatives that share my birthday with me, and one who almost does. My uncle and my cousin's daughter and I were all born on the same day in January, but quite a few years apart. And I was born around 4:30 a.m., and the next day my mom was wheeling herself around the hospital (which is what the hospitals did way back when) and she sees her sister was there. My aunt gave birth to my cousin 22 hours after I was born, but alas, at 2:30 a.m. the next day.
Wow - when in January? So far, I've never met anybody with my birthday. I was born on the Epiphany.

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:25 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Did some looking around and did find one old picture. It is either my junior or senior year (about 36 or 37 years ago).

And yes, this was one of the few times I smiled for a pic.
Now that's a good-lookin' guy! (But she's right - that IS a big honkin' bowtie!) You really should smile more often.

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:31 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Wow - when in January? So far, I've never met anybody with my birthday. I was born on the Epiphany.
Same as Elvis Presley and David Bowie: 2 days after the Epiphany, Jan. 8.

My sister's birthday is Dec. 31, her husband in Jan. 2, and they had a son on Jan. 4, which is also another cousin's birthday. In my immediate family, we have all of our birthdays within 72 days of each other; the 3 grandparents I knew were all born in January or February. Makes you wonder what was going on 9 months before....

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:33 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Random- i agree with you -Starbucks is stale and burnt tasting.. my opinion of course. Not to offend any Starbucks lovers out there, everyone has their own taste.
Welll...I utterly ABHOR the Pikes Peak crapola they sell (cheap or not, THAT is burned.) But I do like their French Roast and Christmas Blends beans...but I much prefer to brew it at home than buy the ready-to-drink coffee.

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:38 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Same as Elvis Presley and David Bowie: 2 days after the Epiphany, Jan. 8.

My sister's birthday is Dec. 31, her husband in Jan. 2, and they had a son on Jan. 4, which is also another cousin's birthday. In my immediate family, we have all of our birthdays within 72 days of each other; the 3 grandparents I knew were all born in January or February. Makes you wonder what was going on 9 months before....
Maybe a chilly spring!? Or maybe the smell of spring was just really heady that year!

Old 02-21-2009 | 09:56 AM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
Holy cow! I'm gone for a day and I miss 4 pages of stuff...

Ok, as far as my name goes, I don't think it means anything. I think there was a "Throdin" in "The Hobbit", but I read that after I started using the name. I used it in Junior high and High school to play games online, and I've stuck with it because Nobody else on the entire internet uses it. I've never had to put numbers behind my name or use funny spellings, no matter how long a site has been around or how many people are on it.

Oh, and yes I play the Violin, although very occasionally anymore.

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:15 AM
miniola
6th Gear
UhOh... we missed you. I was worried that you got called away to handle classified business!

So obviously I need to go back and answer a few posts from earlier.

But one thing I have to say FIRST is... I will win the slipper contest... hands down. And I have MINI COOPER slippers!

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:28 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Of course, there is no corrollary between visiting this thread and reading page 144, and then promptly seeking out and viewing the galleries on mulletjunky.com.
That was awesome! I visited the site yesterday and was just crying. And then there's "the RAT TAIL"... I wanted one SO much when i was in 7th grade! Some of the popular high school girls had them and I totally wanted one. Too bad I never got one.

As for my mullet wig... I think of it as a transitional mullet of sorts. When I was trying to find a Donald Trump wig for the husband (for that wig party)... all I could find was one lone mullet on the shelf (not opened). So with my creative mind and spirit I visualized that this wig could be used as a mullet... or if spun sideways, it can be combed over and instantly... it's Trump! This multifunctional wig comes in handy because it allows the user to switch identities in an instant... just in case surroundings change. I take it with me on road trips... just in case.

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:33 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Did some looking around and did find one old picture. It is either my junior or senior year (about 36 or 37 years ago).

And yes, this was one of the few times I smiled for a pic.
Awesome effort Hal! That was exactly the kind of pic I was hoping for. The bowtie was huge... but I liked the hair!

Officially off the naughty list now!

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:43 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Ok, I've been pretty busy at work (I guess I should be thankful), but I've been trying to keep up with the craziness. I've enjoyed the pictures, and if I wasn't completely heads over heels in love with my wife I would have to make some road trips.

To try to get me off the naughty list here is the only "early" picture I have available right now. I have some other pictures on one or two of my many hard drives including some of my Army pics. But those'll have to wait for my weekend. I work a compressed shift (4 on, 4 off, 3 on and 3 off) so my weekend is Sun thru Wed this week. Yay. Going on a Fun Run with the local MINI/Mini club on Sunday.

This picture is the only one in existance of all of my family in one picture. My Mom and Dad, 3 brothers, 1 step brother, 1 sister and 3 step sisters. We had the Brady Bunch beat. I'm the 2nd to the smallest in the plaid shirt. Ok, I found another one. Taken about 12 years ago, I'm the one getting ready to put rabbit ears on my little brother.
Ok... I guess you're off the naughty list.

I love that family pic with the fab outfits! And YOU were quite a blonde then! (C'mon... be truthful... do you still have "blonde days"? )

As for the second pic- you DO look like a bit of a trouble maker... you're one of those rabbit ear making guys? Just wondering... was that back in your Tom Selleck days? You definitely had the 'stache going! Who's that really shaggy dude to your left???

UhOh- So did you end up buying a TROLL?

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:48 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

I love that family pic with the fab outfits! And YOU were quite a blonde then! (C'mon... be truthful... do you still have "blonde days"? )

As for the second pic- you DO look like a bit of a trouble maker... you're one of those rabbit ear making guys? Just wondering... was that back in your Tom Selleck days? You definitely had the 'stache going! Who's that really shaggy dude to your left???
+1

No, I didn't...didn't know if you guys would really want them or not. And since I hate dusting, I don't usually buy things I don't REAAAALLY want. But if you guys want me to go get 'em, I will!

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:54 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
You should be able to see my pic. now!!
Now THAT is Farrah Fawcett hair!

Like you, I shared the same problem of having stick straight hair. I think it was my 3rd grade pic that I had that hairstyle (or at least tried)... but my wings were falling down by the time they were ready for the pics at school. I had a peachy-beige colored velvet shirt (another signothetimes). This was before I was capable of doing hair art. Come to think of it... I think this was around the time I got talked into that TONI PERM! I was told that I would need a body wave to be able to style.

Cab- I keep picturing "trick dolphin for chocolate"! Too funny! Actually, it's hard to take ANYONE seriously when they have a dive mask on!

Thyodin- Interesting way to come up with a name... do you pronounce it like "thigh" or "tie"?

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:55 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilBeastie
Not trying to quibble, but Wenatchee is east of the Cascades, which puts it in Eastern Washington. Starbucks isn't the best coffee on the planet, never thought or said that it was. I switched from coffee to tea years ago, don't miss coffee, though I have to admit the smell of brewing coffee is wonderful. Just wish it tasted as good as it smells. Oh well.

It's okay, quibbling is fun sometimes with the right people who have a good sense of humor.

I got out a map. Wenatchee is east of the cascades, but the cascades do NOT run down the middle of Washington state. They are all in Western Washington. However, I would be willing to grant you that Wenatchee is in Central Washinton, being that it is almost smack dab in the middle of the state and due north of Yakima which is the half way point between where I live and Seattle.

As far as Eastern Washington goes.. I live almost as far East as it gets while still technically being in the state. The Idaho border is only a 30 minute drive from my house.

I highly recommend that you try some of the Good Earth and Numi teas if you like flavored teas. I love the Numi Vanilla Rooibos and make tea lattes with it at home. Just regular old Good Earth is my stand in for coffee if I run out of beans.

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:56 AM
miniola
6th Gear
+1

No, I didn't...didn't know if you guys would really want them or not. And since I hate dusting, I don't usually buy things I don't REAAAALLY want. But if you guys want me to go get 'em, I will!
No... YOU need a green one!

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:59 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
No... YOU need a green one!
Unfortunately, the green one was losing his scalp. (Yet still was selling himself for $4?)

Old 02-21-2009 | 11:01 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Cab, OLA, who is remaining on the bad list???
MINI-IZED!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2009 | 11:36 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
morning all!
RJK, you are beautiful!! just beautiful!! I remember when the "wings' were in style.... found him the other day appropriate for talking hair!!!
Thank you kindly Gemgirl...I don't know if I'd say that, though I am much more comfortable in my skin these days. I wouldn't want to have to re-live any of those years!!

Sounds like you had a really nice birthday! And don't worry - you WERE on the bad list, just not listed each time. But now you are absolved.
We did have fun, but I am now declaring My Birthday officially over, we ate the rest of the cupcakes for Breakfast this Morning!!

Have a Great Day All!! Hubby is researching a new Laptop, he needs for school, his is a dinosaur. Our newest one I got for my Photography. So I'll go and get the day started and hopefully by the time I'm done Beautifying he will be ready to go!!

Old 02-21-2009 | 02:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everybody!! WOW!! I feel like I have missed sooo much! I actually felt guilty for nit signing on early this morning. I have been running errands for most of the day and we are now getting ready to go for dinner and a movie.... Hot night --woo hoo!

CC- I love your pictures!! You really did have blond hair and your family shot is just so Americana-- I love it!

Thanks for conforming and bring on more photos!! I will catch up either later tonight or tomorrow am.

I am thinking that we are a really cool blend of peoples!!!

Old 02-21-2009 | 03:26 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hal- I think I've been by your house before! Breathe easy though... I wasn't wearing a wig. I'll have to Google Earth the area and see. I don't ever know where I am... just know that I'm having a blast when I'm driving! **OK, just checked the map. I went to this place- http://www.backwoodszoocrew.com/home.html and that's where I got my cat George. Then we drove to the Dragon with George and drove back to Florida. I think this place is in Centre, AL... would your house be somewhere along the way to get to the Dragon? I've only been there once.
I'm actually in the southern part of Middle Tenn. Not too many people have ever heard of Tullahoma. But I bet you've heard of my county seat, Lynchburg, the home of Jack Daniels sippin' whiskey. I live about eight miles from there.

I see you've been to the Dragon. Are you going to MOTD this year? The wife and I are planning on going there for Friday through Sunday.

Old 02-21-2009 | 04:21 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
*insert climactic organ music*

I read this oh so wrong...

In fact, uh, let's say my "read" would only be acceptable in the EMRT thread!

Old 02-21-2009 | 04:33 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I'm actually in the southern part of Middle Tenn. Not too many people have ever heard of Tullahoma.

I have! I have!!!

But I bet you've heard of my county seat, Lynchburg, the home of Jack Daniels sippin' whiskey. I live about eight miles from there.

I see you've been to the Dragon. Are you going to MOTD this year? The wife and I are planning on going there for Friday through Sunday.
Hal, I'm heading to the Dragon, possibly now on Wednesday (this seems to change on a weekly basis depending on my family's mood). I *believe* Md TN Minis will be going, I know a couple of guys in Brentwood are heading out in their clubbies on Weds & we may all convoy. I haven't been able to get on the Md TN Mini site, it just doesn't like me, but my spies (heh heh heh) tell me there's been some club discussions about going together... most of them work for da man, so possibly they'd head out on Friday.

Old 02-21-2009 | 06:18 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear

Yeah I was a tow head until my teens. I was one of those that my hair turned green if they put too much chlorine in the public pool. It started to darken in my late teens, went to shades of red and brown. Now getting more gray thanks to the 17 year old. Sometimes I have "blonde" moments, but I think it's age and my CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t) syndrome.

Do I look like a trouble maker? That would be Rotten of me!

Shaggy guy is one of my older brothers, Hoss. He's the biker of the family. I've been asked if he is my twin in that pic (even though he's 5 years older)

Originally Posted by cabwy
Hi everybody!! WOW!! I feel like I have missed sooo much! I actually felt guilty for nit signing on early this morning. I have been running errands for most of the day and we are now getting ready to go for dinner and a movie.... Hot night --woo hoo!

CC- I love your pictures!! You really did have blond hair and your family shot is just so Americana-- I love it!

Thanks for conforming and bring on more photos!! I will catch up either later tonight or tomorrow am.

I am thinking that we are a really cool blend of peoples!!!
We had a good time in the summers when we were all together. In a couple of days I'll try to dig out the yearbook and Army pics.

Oh, I finally got the Life's Short sticker put on my wife's car. Ignore the crap in the garage.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-img_0276-small.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009 | 08:02 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hal, I'm heading to the Dragon, possibly now on Wednesday (this seems to change on a weekly basis depending on my family's mood). I *believe* Md TN Minis will be going, I know a couple of guys in Brentwood are heading out in their clubbies on Weds & we may all convoy. I haven't been able to get on the Md TN Mini site, it just doesn't like me, but my spies (heh heh heh) tell me there's been some club discussions about going together... most of them work for da man, so possibly they'd head out on Friday.
We'll be heading to the Dragon on Thursday evening after the wife gets off work. We're staying in Robbinsville at the Microtel Inn. What activities are you planning to attend? I also see that x uh oh x is attending. Hopefully we can meet up sometime while we're there.

Old 02-21-2009 | 08:06 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
We'll be heading to the Dragon on Thursday evening after the wife gets off work. We're staying in Robbinsville at the Microtel Inn. What activities are you planning to attend? I also see that x uh oh x is attending. Hopefully we can meet up sometime while we're there.
'Zz matter of fact, TNMMama is stayin' with me! That is to say, I was able to snag a big enough cabin before they were all gone, and she and the clan are helping me fill it! Yep - I'm looking forward to meeting everybody! Ya'll know me by my plates. THey look vaguely like my username...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...