Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:34 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
*insert evil rubbing of hands together* 'Ola and I: We've been busy converting others to the dark side! Don't know about 'Ola, but I was tracking some old threads that Apple either started or participated, which have now had some people asking for updates. So...we've been informing them of our off-topic-ish-ness, and that's how we've been getting converts!!! YAY!
Very fun! Someone thinks I must have been in the "Big Toe Foot Club" to know about Sandy Apple and her feet. HA! I don't have a giant big toe... and I am very happy to say that I do not belong to any other of that "woman's" clubs... just NAM... and I think she's not welcome here anymore. I really wonder when she's going to come out of hiding and what her new alias will be. I just know she will.

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:49 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi guys! Sorry, I was distracted with something else (the big toe thing) so that was my first post for today.

You guys have some interesting allergies! Cab- your toilet smiley is me after certain tomato based Italian food! "Rumble from the rear"... ... never did find out if that guy figured out what his problem was. Maybe it was pork? BTW- Cab- I've got no problem with allergies to coffee or chocolate... were you referring to Gem? You were correct to assume that I have some issues though. Maybe one day I will pm you about it.

As for Tequila... knowing that a worm has lived in it is enough to make me barf.

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:51 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
welcome back OLA we were worried!
Hope you are ok also!

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:53 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
welcome back OLA we were worried!
Hope you are ok also!
Ditto!

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:53 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Very fun! Someone thinks I must have been in the "Big Toe Foot Club" to know about Sandy Apple and her feet. HA! I don't have a giant big toe... and I am very happy to say that I do not belong to any other of that "woman's" clubs... just NAM... and I think she's not welcome here anymore. I really wonder when she's going to come out of hiding and what her new alias will be. I just know she will.
she will be around sooner or later, you are correct, she needs to make money some how!
unless she got the "centerfold" job in "Toes Monthly Magizine"...

Old 02-25-2009 | 01:01 PM
miniola
6th Gear
she will be around sooner or later, you are correct, she needs to make money some how!

Old 02-25-2009 | 01:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Ditto!
Was I gone that long?

I just love you guys! You make me laugh.

Old 02-25-2009 | 01:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
long enough to make us worry.... you do that again, you should request a hall pass so we don't ask if you are ok?

Old 02-25-2009 | 01:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OLA you know i was joking on that last statement- right....

Old 02-25-2009 | 02:05 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hey Hal... How ya get them in the pipe?!
Ha Ha, everyone's a comedian.

Unless of course I make my next smoker out of piece of 3 foot diameter pipe.

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:01 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OLA you know i was joking on that last statement- right....
About getting a hall pass? I'm just not accustomed to asking for one... I'll try to remember.

Just got back from a little drive. The husband calls from work and then I go "pick him up". Well, I drive with the top down and somewhere along the route we meet up and then he follows me home. It's a funny little thing we do sometimes. It's good for when I haven't had a good day. Anyway, we came home to drop the car off and he jumped in the MINI and went looking for orange blossoms. Weird... guess they're only blooming in the center of the state right now.

For all those who do not know... it's not ok to stop on the side of the road and pick oranges from the trees... that is stealing. But... on one of the country roads (through orange groves) there were a bunch of oranges on the side of the road! Looked like a truck filled with oranges must have been a bit full... and when they made the corner out of the grove... well I guess some rolled out! So the husband jumped out and picked up some of the good ones. I was the lookout. I am such a rebel ... except that they were NOT on private property. (not THAT much of a rebel...)

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:45 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Wow there is only about 2 other people i have meet in my life time to tell me they have a pork allergy also. I'm the same with beef. very very rare indeed.

You hubby can eat ham and pepperoni? wow, I'm thinking I couldn't do pepperoni at all because after many months and months of tests, my body can't break down the fat in these foods and since pepperoni is very greasy, I think i'll stick to a salad!
If we go out and I forget to ask if it was made with meat (e.i. pasta sauce) within 20 minutes I'm violently ill.

SIKA- OMG allergic to chocolate, what would i do??????
Hubby is, from what I understand, allergic to an enzyme that is only found in pork and is destroyed when the meat is smoked or salt cured.

I think most people with meat allergies aren't actually allergic to the meat itself, but something that is commonly found in them... like you with the fats, and my hubby with the enzyme.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:07 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
As for Tequila... knowing that a worm has lived in it is enough to make me barf.
Technically, sweetie, I don't think it ever "lived" in it. But I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. Hubband says tequilla uses his stomach like a trampoline. And that tequilla country song (Tequilla Makes Her CLothes Fall Off) also cracks me up - if you haven't seen the video, it's very funny.

Speaking of foods that do bad things to us - don't know about you guys, but I AbSOLUTELY cannot eat sun dried tomatoes...They make my breath smell for at least five days afterwards, no matter how many times I brush teeth, or what I gargle!! It's horrible. I never had a reaction to anythign else quite like that. And not just once, either. Eeeewwwww......

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I totally agree, I keep thinking that she will come back as an alias. I also think that she has gone silent on some of the other forums that have her figured out. It is a weird cycle- she is on there bragging and conniving because she is lonely and then she blows it with her lies and scams and ends up lonlier (if that's a word?)

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:23 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Technically, sweetie, I don't think it ever "lived" in it. But I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. Hubband says tequilla uses his stomach like a trampoline. And that tequilla country song (Tequilla Makes Her CLothes Fall Off) also cracks me up - if you haven't seen the video, it's very funny.

Speaking of foods that do bad things to us - don't know about you guys, but I AbSOLUTELY cannot eat sun dried tomatoes...They make my breath smell for at least five days afterwards, no matter how many times I brush teeth, or what I gargle!! It's horrible. I never had a reaction to anythign else quite like that. And not just once, either. Eeeewwwww......
my breath would get like that after eating a certain taco salad with extra guacomole.... it was at one of those little mom and pop joints --my ex husband would sleep with his head covered with a pillow for two nights after I ate one of those....
When I go home ot visit I will still stop there and get my breath all boogered up!!!
'Ola,,, now I will have to go back and find your post,,, I don't think you meant you were sick like now or anything, I think you were referrring to something that manifested itself a year or few back, No biggie though, I most certainly do not want to pry,,,, well maybe not too much,,,

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:38 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Uhoh?? Did you mention previously that you might possibly have to relocate?? And leave your beautiful refubished older home??
There was a point back there where I feel I wasn't able to keep up and digest what I was reading

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:38 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
She went THERE. Tsk tsk tsk...and you talk about temptation and then DON"T avoid it!?!? *sigh*

Sorry... was raised in a mixed religious family- no one knew when guilt was appropriate, so while the adults debated it, I was left to temptation!!!

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:45 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Uhoh?? Did you mention previously that you might possibly have to relocate?? And leave your beautiful refubished older home??
There was a point back there where I feel I wasn't able to keep up and digest what I was reading
Yup - we will probably end up moving again (called PCSing - permanent change of station, but the military makes verbs out of acronyms!) by the fall/winter unless I can convince hubband we need to stay another year. We'll have to rent out the house - we plan to keep it as an investment.

Sorry... was raised in a mixed religious family- no one knew when guilt was appropriate, so while the adults debated it, I was left to temptation!!!
You too, huh??? Me TWO!!!

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yup - we will probably end up moving again (called PCSing - permanent change of station, but the military makes verbs out of acronyms!) by the fall/winter unless I can convince hubband we need to stay another year. We'll have to rent out the house - we plan to keep it as an investment.

Okay, how does convincing your husband that you all should stay another year help with the Army? Meaning how does that help change therir minds to move you??

And I am so glad to hear that you would keep the house.

Last edited by cabwy; 02-25-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: becoz my note was all jarbled..!
Old 02-25-2009 | 06:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
About getting a hall pass? I'm just not accustomed to asking for one... I'll try to remember.

Just got back from a little drive. The husband calls from work and then I go "pick him up". Well, I drive with the top down and somewhere along the route we meet up and then he follows me home. It's a funny little thing we do sometimes. It's good for when I haven't had a good day. Anyway, we came home to drop the car off and he jumped in the MINI and went looking for orange blossoms. Weird... guess they're only blooming in the center of the state right now.

For all those who do not know... it's not ok to stop on the side of the road and pick oranges from the trees... that is stealing. But... on one of the country roads (through orange groves) there were a bunch of oranges on the side of the road! Looked like a truck filled with oranges must have been a bit full... and when they made the corner out of the grove... well I guess some rolled out! So the husband jumped out and picked up some of the good ones. I was the lookout. I am such a rebel ... except that they were NOT on private property. (not THAT much of a rebel...)

A fresh picked "road kill" orange sounds sooo good to me right now....

We used to have people who would stop on our road and pick our corn as if it was theirs,,, I know exactly what you mean by not going onto private property....

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:20 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Gem-
the food allergies don't bother me much- the blue cheese is due to an allergy to mold (can't do penicylln, used bookstores, or Goodwill shops either)- besides Blue Cheese is some stanky stuff!

giggle :P

Morning all,
Hal- keep us informed on the cookoff!! Please, you should do it though. Not only would it be fun but if this is your first one, it could be a learning experience too!!!
TN- that is some food allergies!!! Blue Cheese!!! i love blue cheese... Salads and fish are ok to stick with though!
I personally think it is not the meat itself but the chemicals they inject into the meat for a "longer shelf life". But I'm afraid to try any kind of organic meats just in case. Usually within about 20 minutes i can tell if i have ingested anything with pork, beef byproducts in it. Not a pretty sight (skipping details for those eating breakfast).

Gotta run for an appointment... later!!!

where is OLA htese days???

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Okay, how does convincing your husband that you all should stay another year help with the Army? Meaning how does that help change therir minds to move you??

And I am so glad to hear that you would keep the house.
Who said anything about helping the ARMY???? We have to ask for specific assignments if that's what we want - but we're always subject to the "needs of the Army." No, convincing him to stay here another year means we both have to find assignments that will keep us here for one more year (theoretically extending the jobs we have - not always easy.) There are certain gates we have to pass through for career progression - and since we're in the same specialty (logistics) and the same rank, we're essentially competing against each other for jobs, school time, etc. So when we move, we really OUGHT to move together (same time, same installation.) If we don't, it might be a while until we get matched up at the same place, same time again. It's kinda complicated.

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Who said anything about helping the ARMY???? We have to ask for specific assignments if that's what we want - but we're always subject to the "needs of the Army." No, convincing him to stay here another year means we both have to find assignments that will keep us here for one more year (theoretically extending the jobs we have - not always easy.) There are certain gates we have to pass through for career progression - and since we're in the same specialty (logistics) and the same rank, we're essentially competing against each other for jobs, school time, etc. So when we move, we really OUGHT to move together (same time, same installation.) If we don't, it might be a while until we get matched up at the same place, same time again. It's kinda complicated.
It is very interesting to me. How long have you been separated from your "major" hubby in the past?

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:51 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Howdy Gem-
the food allergies don't bother me much- the blue cheese is due to an allergy to mold (can't do penicylln, used bookstores, or Goodwill shops either)- besides Blue Cheese is some stanky stuff!

giggle :P
Interesting, I too am allergic to Penicyllin, but i can do blue cheese! But my allergy came at age about 7 so I could have out grown it. Doctors don't want to test it! I also found out about 2 years ago i also have an allergy to morphine!!! After some major surgery I flipped out in recovery and for another almost 24 hours before they finallly took the IV out realizing it was that! Morphine no good, but I found out it turns me into the Increadible Hulk stregth wise i mean of course!!!

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:55 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear

No no no... she makes Apple flavored Toe Food!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...