Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Just got back from a little drive. The husband calls from work and then I go "pick him up". Well, I drive with the top down and somewhere along the route we meet up and then he follows me home. It's a funny little thing we do sometimes. It's good for when I haven't had a good day. Anyway, we came home to drop the car off and he jumped in the MINI and went looking for orange blossoms. Weird... guess they're only blooming in the center of the state right now.
That is so cute!!! I love that you and he do things like that!

also sorry you had a bad day! anything you want to talk about? the sign is hanging *insert Lucy from the Peanuts* 5c.

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:58 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
It is very interesting to me. How long have you been separated from your "major" hubby in the past?
Welll...When we went to move to Germany, we weren't married, so we didn't have the authority to get assigned to the same place (only married people do.) So we were about an hour apart (all autobahn driving, BTW - it's probably 2hrs) and I was deployed to OIF 1 (just after it kicked off.) I ended up spending a whole 11 months there (no leave) and any time I was back in Germany, I ended up always going to the field. Out of 4.5 yrs there, I probably spent about six months actually LIVING in my apartment. We got married during a very short break three weeks before I deployed the second time - so week #1, wedding; week #2, honeymoon (whoohoo! Mediterrenean cruise!); week #3, move 600 people and myself to a combat zone. We were in Kuwait for an unusually long time (mission called for it), and HE deployed to Kuwait...only three days before he got there, i got orders to move into Iraq. My dad was undergoing stem cell transplant, and I didn't want to NOT be able to get home if something happened, so I didn't take any R&R leave. (I do NOT recommend this, BTW.) I redeployed to Germany in November 2006, but HE was still in Kuwait until July 2007.

Long story short, by the time we celebrated our third anniversary (just before we came back to the US) we had spent 60 NONconsecutive days together, in four different countries. !!!! This is the first year we've actually lived together! And I haven't throttled him yet. *insert very proud of myself voice!*

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:59 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
No no no... she makes Apple flavored Toe Food!

She probably is selling an apple shaped coffee mug that conveniently fits our minis and on the side of the mug is a Big Toe print..... makes your coffee taste ooohhh sooooo good... oh and after you drink all of the coffee you see a diet tip in the bottom of the cup

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
YUCK!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:00 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
About getting a hall pass? I'm just not accustomed to asking for one... I'll try to remember.

Just got back from a little drive. The husband calls from work and then I go "pick him up". Well, I drive with the top down and somewhere along the route we meet up and then he follows me home. It's a funny little thing we do sometimes. It's good for when I haven't had a good day. Anyway, we came home to drop the car off and he jumped in the MINI and went looking for orange blossoms. Weird... guess they're only blooming in the center of the state right now.

For all those who do not know... it's not ok to stop on the side of the road and pick oranges from the trees... that is stealing. But... on one of the country roads (through orange groves) there were a bunch of oranges on the side of the road! Looked like a truck filled with oranges must have been a bit full... and when they made the corner out of the grove... well I guess some rolled out! So the husband jumped out and picked up some of the good ones. I was the lookout. I am such a rebel ... except that they were NOT on private property. (not THAT much of a rebel...)
That really IS cute.

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Welll...When we went to move to Germany, we weren't married, so we didn't have the authority to get assigned to the same place (only married people do.) So we were about an hour apart (all autobahn driving, BTW - it's probably 2hrs) and I was deployed to OIF 1 (just after it kicked off.) I ended up spending a whole 11 months there (no leave) and any time I was back in Germany, I ended up always going to the field. Out of 4.5 yrs there, I probably spent about six months actually LIVING in my apartment. We got married during a very short break three weeks before I deployed the second time - so week #1, wedding; week #2, honeymoon (whoohoo! Mediterrenean cruise!); week #3, move 600 people and myself to a combat zone. We were in Kuwait for an unusually long time (mission called for it), and HE deployed to Kuwait...only three days before he got there, i got orders to move into Iraq. My dad was undergoing stem cell transplant, and I didn't want to NOT be able to get home if something happened, so I didn't take any R&R leave. (I do NOT recommend this, BTW.) I redeployed to Germany in November 2006, but HE was still in Kuwait until July 2007.

Long story short, by the time we celebrated our third anniversary (just before we came back to the US) we had spent 60 NONconsecutive days together, in four different countries. !!!! This is the first year we've actually lived together! And I haven't throttled him yet. *insert very proud of myself voice!*
WOW, amazing!! "You haven't throttled him yet"

the first year my hubby and i lived together, i wanted to kill him; good think i don't know how to use a gun! things got better for us, don't want to kill him any more. turns out he's a great guy.

You my dear, have a very rough life, and every time i think about it, i want to just say THANKS for all you do, all over again!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
She probably is selling an apple shaped coffee mug that conveniently fits our minis and on the side of the mug is a Big Toe print..... makes your coffee taste ooohhh sooooo good... oh and after you drink all of the coffee you see a diet tip in the bottom of the cup
that was funny!!!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:18 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I bet you were standing look out and telling your hubby "Orange ya goin to pick that up?!"

(welcome back Ola!)

For all those who do not know... it's not ok to stop on the side of the road and pick oranges from the trees... that is stealing. But... on one of the country roads (through orange groves) there were a bunch of oranges on the side of the road! Looked like a truck filled with oranges must have been a bit full... and when they made the corner out of the grove... well I guess some rolled out! So the husband jumped out and picked up some of the good ones. I was the lookout. I am such a rebel ... except that they were NOT on private property. (not THAT much of a rebel...)

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:23 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
WOW, amazing!! "You haven't throttled him yet"

the first year my hubby and i lived together, i wanted to kill him; good think i don't know how to use a gun! things got better for us, don't want to kill him any more. turns out he's a great guy.

You my dear, have a very rough life, and every time i think about it, i want to just say THANKS for all you do, all over again!
No need - there are other dual military couples who have it worse than we do...good thing hubby's got a sharp wife. There was ONE point I really DID want to kill him...it was a tremendous test of courage and patience to move out of two different houses, live in three separate hotels (within three months) with FOUR animals (not little bitty ones, either), INTERNATIONALLY... We had the four animals in one little bitty hotel room before we got the house, and we only had one rental car (our cars were being shipped.) He kept taking the freakin' frakin' keys!!!!!!! Take my wheels and I'm a raving lunatic. After 40 days of it, I just about snapped. Argh. But...took a deep breath....and another.... and kept going. He's a pretty good dude, although he's still in training. Our electric bill was out of this world (and I challenge anybody on how high!!) because he didn't follow up with the HVAC guys...so I made him pay for it.

As long as we have people like you guys rooting for us, the military job ain't so hard.

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
that was funny!!!
ewww...wasn't that really kinda gross??

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:27 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I bet you were standing look out and telling your hubby "Orange ya goin to pick that up?!"

(welcome back Ola!)
YOU are on a roll tonight, woman!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:28 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Would that be Toe jam?

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:35 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gasmini03
Would that be Toe jam?

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:48 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Is this your military smiley with the "MAJOR" part in there?

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:53 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Is this your military smiley with the "MAJOR" part in there?
Nope. These are!

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:15 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Would that be Toe jam?

eh... apple butter toe jam?

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:56 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Aww... looks like I missed a bunch of stuff tonight. BOO HOO.

And man, I think the dog just squeaked one out! Damn!

OK...

TNMM- You had to say "Orange ya goin' to... ?" OMG. At least I see you have my sense of humor.

Hey Lucy (Gem)- Thanks for the offer. Fortunately I have documentation from an actual Psychiatrist that I am not crazy! Boy, did I fool him!

Cab- Never thought of "road kill" oranges... me likey! Hey, I appreciate the concern. I am in fact a medical mystery... (and no, I am not a hermaphrodite )... problem is that I have no detective to put it all together and figure it out. It is something that I have to deal with every day and there are days that I just don't deal well. I don't talk about it much and I wouldn't disclose anything on here. Nothing personal... I just try to pretend that I am the same as anyone else and not dwell on it. The last two years have been the most difficult but actually, being on here has helped with my spirits. Well, that and when I see my Troll's pink hair flying in the wind! It's a long term thing... been dealing with it since I was about 14. The last Doctor I saw told me that lots of things are happening with genetics and that maybe in another 5 years they will know exactly what they can do to help. Until then... well hell... what's another 5 years right?

We all have our own stories/issues... some people pretend to have free cars to give away... some people chew toe nails off and eat them... and some people need to brag about themselves on hundreds of forums. Oh, who am I kidding... we all know who I'm talking about. (And it's NOT me.) Oopsy. (Now where's that little "tee hee" smiley? )

UhOh- I hope you don't have to move. What a stressful life... and your house is really nice. Would you ever be able to move back into it? What about getting a new husband? "ORANGE ya glad I'm just joking?" Would it help if I wrote to the army and said that you have a MINI that needs you and really cool smilies that make me laugh?

It's late and obviously my meds are kicking in and making me seem extra silly. I'll watch my Jon Stewart and go to bed. I'll say good night... but it will be morning before you guys read this... so GOOD MORNING!

Old 02-26-2009 | 06:24 AM
LilBeastie
2nd Gear
Good morning! It's a wonderful day in paradise. Hope everyone has/is having a great day today!!

Old 02-26-2009 | 07:22 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
morning all...
ok to all - the toe jam jokes are disgusting!!! trying to eat breakfast here, and reading.... yuck!!!

X- love your military smilies! And sounds like you showed increadible strength in living in hotels with 4 animals and a hubby that takes the keys.... yes your a much better person then i am!

OLA, for the good days you have i hope they are great, and for the not so good days you have, know tomorrow is coming, either way, we care, you are one of us now and know when you need a smile or laugh, we are here for you!!! you don't need to tell us anything. From experience I have had the toughest 3 months and you all helped /helping me through this... that is what is so great about this Free,toe jamming, apple thread...

oh and can you throw some road kill oranges my way please????

Old 02-26-2009 | 07:29 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yes, good morning,,, and it is a wonderful day in dreary, gray Pennsylvania.......

'Ola,, you are a wonderful,, intelligent person, whatever it is I am sure you make the best of it!!
And you are correct, we all have our issues and burdens to bear... dammit!!

So glad you liked my road kill line...

uhoh, you siad that your father had some stem cell procedures?? I didn't know that was allowed to happen a few years back??

Your 60 days in 3 years is sadly a familiar story in military families, huh? The way my husband has been behaving,,,,,,, it might be a good thing!! hahahahahah just kidding hubby,,,,just kidding,,,,,woooh,,,, that was funny.....

okay, signing off for this morning for a bit. You all have a great day!!

Old 02-26-2009 | 08:35 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Aww... looks like I missed a bunch of stuff tonight. BOO HOO.

And man, I think the dog just squeaked one out! Damn!

OK...

TNMM- You had to say "Orange ya goin' to... ?" OMG. At least I see you have my sense of humor.

Hey Lucy (Gem)- Thanks for the offer. Fortunately I have documentation from an actual Psychiatrist that I am not crazy! Boy, did I fool him!

Cab- Never thought of "road kill" oranges... me likey! Hey, I appreciate the concern. I am in fact a medical mystery... (and no, I am not a hermaphrodite )... problem is that I have no detective to put it all together and figure it out. It is something that I have to deal with every day and there are days that I just don't deal well. I don't talk about it much and I wouldn't disclose anything on here. Nothing personal... I just try to pretend that I am the same as anyone else and not dwell on it. The last two years have been the most difficult but actually, being on here has helped with my spirits. Well, that and when I see my Troll's pink hair flying in the wind! It's a long term thing... been dealing with it since I was about 14. The last Doctor I saw told me that lots of things are happening with genetics and that maybe in another 5 years they will know exactly what they can do to help. Until then... well hell... what's another 5 years right?

We all have our own stories/issues... some people pretend to have free cars to give away... some people chew toe nails off and eat them... and some people need to brag about themselves on hundreds of forums. Oh, who am I kidding... we all know who I'm talking about. (And it's NOT me.) Oopsy. (Now where's that little "tee hee" smiley? )

UhOh- I hope you don't have to move. What a stressful life... and your house is really nice. Would you ever be able to move back into it? What about getting a new husband? "ORANGE ya glad I'm just joking?" Would it help if I wrote to the army and said that you have a MINI that needs you and really cool smilies that make me laugh?

It's late and obviously my meds are kicking in and making me seem extra silly. I'll watch my Jon Stewart and go to bed. I'll say good night... but it will be morning before you guys read this... so GOOD MORNING!
You crack me up, lady. (And even if you wrote the Army to say that, they'd write a nice letter back, patting you on the head and telling you, "OH, but we will ship her car almost anywhere for FREE! [as long as she doesn't mind a few broken pieces here and there.] And those smilies can keep on comin'! We'll even provide her internet...OK, well MOST of the time..." That's if you even GOT a response.) If we ever move back to this area, we would probably move back into it - but if anything, that would be in another 5-10 years. *Sigh* doesn't look like I"m eligible for a hubband upgrade any time soon, so I've just got to do the best I can with what I've got! I look at moving this way: it's the best way to weed out all unnecessary trappings and garbage, and the best way to clean house! (It's just I don't wanna leave my house this time. )

Yes, good morning,,, and it is a wonderful day in dreary, gray Pennsylvania.......

'Ola,, you are a wonderful,, intelligent person, whatever it is I am sure you make the best of it!!
And you are correct, we all have our issues and burdens to bear... dammit!!

So glad you liked my road kill line...

uhoh, you siad that your father had some stem cell procedures?? I didn't know that was allowed to happen a few years back??

Your 60 days in 3 years is sadly a familiar story in military families, huh? The way my husband has been behaving,,,,,,, it might be a good thing!! hahahahahah just kidding hubby,,,,just kidding,,,,,woooh,,,, that was funny.....

okay, signing off for this morning for a bit. You all have a great day!!
YOU crack me up too!! The stem cells were his own - there's a big fancy word for it, and if I hear it I'll recognize it, but it escapes me now. He has multiple-meyeloma cancer = blood cancer. SO they took his own cells out, essentially cleaned 'em up, trained 'em up and got them ready to fight infection, and put them back in. (Yeah, that's the "meyeloma cancer for dummies" version -- I use it as my reference tool!!) On top of that, the man is the energizer bunny in grizzly bear form. By the time he was my age, he'd already had three brain surgeries (benign fluid sac on his brain), and he's now developed congestive heart failure and diabetes. YAY! (yeah, not so much.)

I misspoke - it wasn't that bad: we saw each other for 60 non consecutive days in TWO years. Year #3 was the first one spent actually living together.

ANYWHOOOO...'Ola, I begin to suspect you have dark lurking thoughts about the founder of our thread?? It's OK sweetie, just take a deeeeeeep breath.....

Old 02-26-2009 | 09:04 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Morning everyone!

Old 02-26-2009 | 09:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:33 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
+1 Coooool!!!

Old 02-26-2009 | 12:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
-- for anyone that saw the original post, don't fret. I just got a message that this is older than the senders thought it was...Sorry to get everybody het up about it! It's just one of those heartstrings things, ya know?

Last edited by x uh oh x; 02-26-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2009 | 12:21 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
-- for anyone that saw the original post, don't fret. I just got a message that this is older than the senders thought it was...Sorry to get everybody het up about it! It's just one of those heartstrings things, ya know?
That's ok, my old coworkers have been sending me email almost weekly for couple year now, about labs needing homes. I love labs...
Yes it does pull on the heart stings doesn't it!!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...