Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I am already wearing my sweatshirt inside out, so you are well on your way to a snow day, missy!!
I love, love, love those smilies,,, look at that cool dude enjoying the fire and wine.....
My first two clients just called( husband and wife) they don't want me slip sliding over tomorrow at 8 am. I am already on my way to a snow day! Which could be nice since my son should be here by then( if he can make it through the snow)

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:41 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I am already wearing my sweatshirt inside out, so you are well on your way to a snow day, missy!!
I love, love, love those smilies,,, look at that cool dude enjoying the fire and wine.....
My first two clients just called( husband and wife) they don't want me slip sliding over tomorrow at 8 am. I am already on my way to a snow day! Which could be nice since my son should be here by then( if he can make it through the snow)
Good luck to him! I hope YOU get your snow day too!

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:51 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey, just for you cab: (and coz I haven't figured out a way to plug them into our conversation yet...)

Old 03-01-2009 | 07:06 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hey, just for you cab: (and coz I haven't figured out a way to plug them into our conversation yet...)

OMG!!! uhoh,, I love them!! I am ROTFL....!!

You need to start planning your snowman...................

Old 03-01-2009 | 07:37 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hate to rain on your "carding" parade, but a lot of states have passed laws the require anyone selling alcoholic beverages must card every customer that is purchasing or consuming.

Old 03-01-2009 | 07:39 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hate to rain on your "carding" parade, but a lot of states have passed laws the require anyone selling alcoholic beverages must card every customer that is purchasing or consuming.
Hal, Hal, Hal....We have chosen to believe the realities we've created. make us happy, tell us how young we look, and how beautiful we are. And we won't mob you.

Old 03-01-2009 | 07:41 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hal, Hal, Hal....We have chosen to believe the realities we've created. make us happy, tell us how young we look, and how beautiful we are. And we won't mob you.
Just stating the facts.

Old 03-01-2009 | 07:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Just stating the facts.
I know you are, dear. And we appreciate your honesty. Just not when it comes to looking our ages. You understand, right?

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
RJ way to go AGAIN!!! Good for you!!! carded 2 times in one weekend.
Thanks Gem...Yeah, I was like It odes feel good...until Hal came along and SPOILED IT!!

RJ,,, that is wonderful about getting carded again!! Woooo Hoooo!! You young hot thang you!!
Now Cab...I'm Blushing over here.

Where's that Flame Breathing/Throwing Smiley when I need IT??!!

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:17 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
* doin' the SNOOPY dance!* I got my snow day!!!!

Last edited by x uh oh x; 03-01-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2009 | 08:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
OH...btw...Molly gave her Pre-Birthday Detailing Today. I missed my Car Washing Window this AM, but I hosed her off outside and put her back in the garage to do a SprayOn Car Wash and finish Detailing her. I did the interior yesterday, Vacuumed, 303'd and Stoner's Invisible Glass. Today, I washed her, Swirled all Windows/Sun Roof, Pillars, and Headlights , Black Wow'd the Trim, Polished all Exterior Chrome. Cleaned the Rims and Shined the Tires!! She's lookin' might spiffy!!

On Thursday she will get to wear a Princess Antenna Ball until Her Delivery Anniversary which will be on April 19th. Can you tell I L<3VE MY MINI!!??

Click on the url...
http://www.happyballs.com/Merchant4/...ode=happyballs

Last edited by RJKimbell; 03-01-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2009 | 08:33 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Good for you uh oh Enjoy!!!

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:41 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I know you are, dear. And we appreciate your honesty. Just not when it comes to looking our ages. You understand, right?

you gals have to remember that Hal is one of those detail people.... you know like an engineer, only worse???

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:46 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

congrats uhoh,,,, sadly for me though, my son just called, he is about 1.5 -2 hours away and the roads were really slippery. So he pulled over to stay in a Holiday Inn til things clear up. I have been sitting up, worried for him so while I am relieved, it is also killing me that he is so near yet unreachable!!
He saw several cars off the road and watched a semi jack knife in front of him, I think there is a layer of ice under the snow..

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:56 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
congrats uhoh,,,, sadly for me though, my son just called, he is about 1.5 -2 hours away and the roads were really slippery. So he pulled over to stay in a Holiday Inn til things clear up. I have been sitting up, worried for him so while I am relieved, it is also killing me that he is so near yet unreachable!!
He saw several cars off the road and watched a semi jack knife in front of him, I think there is a layer of ice under the snow..
Better he be safely off the roads Cab than be IN the 18-Wheelers Sandwich!! It must be one heck of a Storm!!

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:07 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Better he be safely off the roads Cab than be IN the 18-Wheelers Sandwich!! It must be one heck of a Storm!!

Oh, without a doubt! I was so afraid that he would push through, plus he worked all day and has been on the road since 5:30 pm. If I have to I will hitch a ride on a snow plow and go get him tomorrow! hah
I don't think the accumulation is that much yet, I think it is the ice under the snow on the roads, and the hills make it a bad combination.

So, he just called back, the place is full of people pulling off of the roads. He was afraid he wouldn't get a room but he did so now I can go to sleep, night night !

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:15 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
We're heading off to bed too!!! Nite All!!

Old 03-01-2009 | 11:11 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Out of whack...

Just heard this reported on the sports report and did the math and thought I would share:

Manny Rameriz/Ramirez turned down a deal from the LA Dodgers to play baseball for them for 2 years for $45 million dollars. He turned it down because it wasn't enough money for him.

If he were to play every game for those 2 years, his per game income would be $138,888.88. That is for EACH game, IF he played every game for 2 years. And that's not enough!! And the average baseball game is well under 4 hours long, so that's around $35,000/hr.

Meanwhile, I can't find a job that I can make any money at at all, so not even $35k/year or anything for me. I know he won't end up with the Padres, but I swear, whatever team he ends up with, I doubt that I'll part with even $10 for a cheap seat to see that creep on the off-chance he gets some of it. Greedy bastard!

Old 03-02-2009 | 04:51 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
McWill, I feel your pain. This is one of the reasons that I really can't enjoy major league baseball. I became very disillusioned during all of the strikes several years ago.

But to be fair, these guys show up for strenuous practises daily, I doubt if you can say that they only work 4 hours and only during the actual game.

But I agree that our value system in this country is really skewed.

Old 03-02-2009 | 05:32 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning Freebies-
It's a beautiful but extremely cold day here in Middle TN. Whopping 19 degrees by the time I got up at 6:30 am. Most of our snow from yesterday went the way of the dodo bird. boo hoo...

Will, I agree, that ball player is greedy. I don't like major sports because of the greed associated with it- and that you often hear all about the ones that go bad with all that money and rarely about the ones that do good with the money.

We've already turned over our garden plot. This cold will hopefully kill off any weed seeds and bad buggies... But most of my friends are doing big gardens this year (vs the small family garden) so that we can all share and even sell some produce. Think '150 things you can do with a zucchini'...

Well, time to get the kiddo up for school ... no snow day for her- boo hoo.

TTFN :P

Old 03-02-2009 | 05:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Just heard this reported on the sports report and did the math and thought I would share:

Manny Rameriz/Ramirez turned down a deal from the LA Dodgers to play baseball for them for 2 years for $45 million dollars. He turned it down because it wasn't enough money for him.

If he were to play every game for those 2 years, his per game income would be $138,888.88. That is for EACH game, IF he played every game for 2 years. And that's not enough!! And the average baseball game is well under 4 hours long, so that's around $35,000/hr.

Meanwhile, I can't find a job that I can make any money at at all, so not even $35k/year or anything for me. I know he won't end up with the Padres, but I swear, whatever team he ends up with, I doubt that I'll part with even $10 for a cheap seat to see that creep on the off-chance he gets some of it. Greedy bastard!
+1

Old 03-02-2009 | 05:44 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok so i totally love the fireplace and wine smily!!! that is me with out the wine this morning, replace with slippers and recliner!
Cab and X you got your snow day! and I'm not minding this, this morning because hubbby is home today too, and we are going to spend an "us" day!
deciding who is getting who the cough syrup!!

Old 03-02-2009 | 05:46 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Morning TN!

Cab - glad your son is safe, and hopefully you can see him later today! where is he coming from? or did you tell us and I missed it!

Old 03-02-2009 | 07:12 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Morning TN!

Cab - glad your son is safe, and hopefully you can see him later today! where is he coming from? or did you tell us and I missed it!
He is coming in from Ohio. I haven't heard a peep from him yet, I imagine that he is sleeping in. When we talked last yesterday I told him just sleep in since the storm was to continue into the afternoon and by noon hopefully all of the roads will be clear.
I figure I will hear from him soon. I wonder if I should see my 2 pm appt??? kindof waiting to see how the day progresses.....

Old 03-02-2009 | 07:28 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning Gem! Hope you and Hubby are not arguing over the cough syrup. Lots of good warm soup sound like it will do the trick. Actually if you can bear tobasco (cayenne pepper is better) add that to the soup. The capsicum (the part of the pepper that is hot) opens your pours and capillaries, allowing you to release toxins faster. In the case of capillaries, it allows blood to flow more, which will help flush out toxin. If either of you has a problem with bleeding disorders or blood pressure, then becareful, as this works like a blood thinner, even though it's short term. Also, drink LOTS of water.

Cab, I know it's torture having your son so close, yet so unreachable, but aren't you proud of him for having such good judgement?! Way to go Son Of Cab!!!

Ciao Freebies, gotta go get the chores done!

Morning TN!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...