Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:03 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
*hugs* Just for you gem!
Thanks I love hugs!!! Right back at you!!!

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Morning all, X hope you are feeling better, get some sleep....
and no talking about the other viewpoints....

Cab, happy traveling!!!

Old 03-14-2009 | 04:05 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Thanks I love hugs!!! Right back at you!!!
w00t! I got hugged!

Sika: Thanks! Love my pale and tragic emo girl.

X: Sorry to hear about the stupidity at work... but it's work. There's always stupidity.

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:02 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
EEEEEYYAAAEEWWW!!!!! I found a rat skeleton between the walls during renovations today!!! (Actuallyyyy, it was kinda cool, seeing as it was intact. Anybody want to see a picture?? )

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:23 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
EEEEEYYAAAEEWWW!!!!! I found a rat skeleton between the walls during renovations today!!! (Actuallyyyy, it was kinda cool, seeing as it was intact. Anybody want to see a picture?? )
Sure, why not?

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:34 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
It's kinda weird to think this is interesting, and if it disturbs anybody I'll take it down. You can see the foot was separated (probably when I took the wall off) and is still closeby. The jaw was also separated (again, probably when I took off the wall) - and you can see all the itty bitty ribs. I didn't even SEE it until I was pulling out all the leftover nails right underneath it! Guess I was in a zone with the iTunes and the crowbar! When I cleaned it up, everything was intact - and the little bugger had clean teeth for a rodent. Anyway, I found an old newspaper nearby, and I'm guessing the critter died around 1957 or thereabouts. Hmmm....

Name:  rat214mar09.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  7.0 KB

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:48 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
When I was a kid my folks had a '53 Oldsmobile. I remember for awhile there was an awful stench in the car that lasted for about two or three weeks, then went away. A few months later the dome light went out and Dad asked me to change out the bulb.

When I removed the dome light lens to get to the bulb, I noticed a little skeleton foot hanging down between the fixture and the head liner. Lo and behold I found the source of the oder from a few months ago. A mouse somehow got into the car and crawled up into the headliner and died. The skeleton was very complete. Worked quite well in grossing out my older sister, a thing that a twelve year boy dreams of.

Old 03-14-2009 | 08:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I guess I'm not your normal "girly girl." I kept the skeleton (in a ziplock bag of course) and have stashed it with my "kitty gift" - the outside kitties we feed gave me a "present" of a tiny snake. It was dead, of course, and quite dried...but kinda cool! Except I forgot to put it away, and freaked one of my girlfriends out...I couldn't figure out why she ran screaming from the room. it was just a LITTLE BITTY snake! I like snakes better than bugs any day.

Old 03-14-2009 | 09:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I like snakes better than bugs any day.
I like ice cream. Those kitties need some proper training!!!

Old 03-14-2009 | 09:04 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I like ice cream. Those kitties need some proper training!!!
Let's not talk about bugs or rodents being food. I've seen it, and I'm still traumatized by it. YES, those kitties DO need training - both the inside cats and the outside ones! And we need to re-negotiate their contracts! What am I doing with rodents in/near/around my house!?!?!

Old 03-15-2009 | 07:33 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
UGH!!!
Morning all!!!

X- you are too funny- keeping your "kitty gifts"...

I'm the girlfriend that would run screaming!!!

Old 03-15-2009 | 08:16 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
UGH!!!
Morning all!!!

X- you are too funny- keeping your "kitty gifts"...

I'm the girlfriend that would run screaming!!!
I swear I didn't do it on purpose. I try to hide the "scary weird" from most people.

Old 03-15-2009 | 09:24 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
eeekkkk
is all i can say, but you are probably a blast at Halloween time aren't you?
decorating and all to scare the kids?

Old 03-15-2009 | 09:39 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
eeekkkk
is all i can say, but you are probably a blast at Halloween time aren't you?
decorating and all to scare the kids?
Um...welll, not really...I'm just scary weird all the time. I find things like this interesting, but I really don't even like horror movies or stuff like that - no apocolyptic (sp?) movies for me! I like ghost stories, though....

Old 03-16-2009 | 06:20 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hullo Freebies. How's it goin? I can't believe EVERYBODY is out playing in the cold rain...c'mon guys.... 'Ola? Cab? Been awfully quiet lately...

Old 03-16-2009 | 06:39 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
morning!! You're getting freezing rain? we are having a beautiful day and sunny!
I like ghost stories also, but nothing gross!!!
we watched an older movie yesterday with Al Picino - Sea of Love, not very gross but a very good movie! suspense.

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:16 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi X, hi Gem! Hi Everyone anything new going on? Nice rat X, a 1957 vintage!

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:22 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI sika, how's it going in Texas?

not much new here!!! just checking email and about to go out and start cleaning and painting up a little battery operatered Jeep we purchased for our little grandson. We found a used one and thought this would be great for him to ride around in for a while until he out grows it. His dad and granddad are both Jeep guys! we are going to paint the jeep the same color as dads...

anyone doing any parting for St. Patty's day??

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:22 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I love old movies. My very favoritest is Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. SOooooo funny. Cracks me up every time.

No, no freezing rain - just chilly cold rain.

Thanks sika! I really AM a weird person. No wonder my neighbor keeps following me around with his camera.

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:28 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
so i went to the grocery store the other day, and same as Cab's story, but with a older gentleman checking out Nugget.
I was walking to my car and noticed him looking at the MINI logo on the bonnet. I walked up to him and he was so interested in the car, we stood and talked about 20 minutes about the MINI - he had never seen on before but love the VW Bug "back in the day".
He was so cute, his birthday was the following week and was turning 89 years young, served in the war, and was just the spunkiest little guy. So i opened my door and let him check out the inside and then the same with the boot...

It made my day!!!

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
anyone doing any parting for St. Patty's day??
It's a "school night" so no partying for us. I supposed I ought to make the traditional American-Irish feast of corned beef and cabbage... We were supposed to play in a MINI StPatty's day parade this past weekend, but the club postponed, then canceled it in lieu of a "scavenger hunt" rally instead. Sounds like fun! We'll be in green (ok, BRG) so we'll be ok. How about you guys?

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:32 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Afternoon Freebies! Just checkin in. may have to go take a nap, as my friend from CO just left and I haven't had a lot of sleep this past week...

yawn...

Old 03-16-2009 | 11:09 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
It's a "school night" so no partying for us. I supposed I ought to make the traditional American-Irish feast of corned beef and cabbage... We were supposed to play in a MINI StPatty's day parade this past weekend, but the club postponed, then canceled it in lieu of a "scavenger hunt" rally instead. Sounds like fun! We'll be in green (ok, BRG) so we'll be ok. How about you guys?
No nothing for us either, when we were "younger" and able to stay up later... and do the green beer thingy...

I usually put on all my emeralds for the day, and vegatarian no corned beef, maybe some cabbage... Hubby loves corned beef, the only time he gets that is if we go out!!

You didn't do the scavenger hunt rally? we had to pass on ours this past year with the MINI club, because it was just too far away and really early in the monring...But went to one many years ago in the Jeep and had a blast!
Looking forward to our start of the motoring season again, usually by April it is full swing again.
Hey Cab is your lurking, check out the main Philly site, they will be accepting memeberships really soon!!!

Old 03-16-2009 | 11:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi TN. nap, is this a manditory nap for all of us??
I'm up for a nap!!!

Old 03-16-2009 | 12:02 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
No nothing for us either, when we were "younger" and able to stay up later... and do the green beer thingy...

I usually put on all my emeralds for the day, and vegatarian no corned beef, maybe some cabbage... Hubby loves corned beef, the only time he gets that is if we go out!!

You didn't do the scavenger hunt rally? we had to pass on ours this past year with the MINI club, because it was just too far away and really early in the monring...But went to one many years ago in the Jeep and had a blast!
Looking forward to our start of the motoring season again, usually by April it is full swing again.
Hey Cab is your lurking, check out the main Philly site, they will be accepting memeberships really soon!!!
You're so funny - you have that many emeralds? I'm more the traditionally-colored garnet girl. (There ARE green garnets, i'm just not into them.) We're going to do the rally scavenger thing this coming Saturday - but it's in Raleigh, NC about two hours away...so we're going down to visit friends in the area and rope them into going with us (they own a MINI too, but don't appreciate it properly. Gotta train them.)

Hi TN. nap, is this a manditory nap for all of us??
I'm up for a nap!!!
That's IT! Siestas for everybody!!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...