Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 07:11 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Ok, happier thoughts. SO.... can anybody else stick out your tongue and touch your nose? Tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tongue?

Yup!!! I certainly can on both of those (but I did notice you didn't say touch your nose with your tongue... can't do that).

Old 03-17-2009 | 07:33 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
late for an appointment - talk later!!!

Old 03-17-2009 | 08:00 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Yup!!! I certainly can on both of those (but I did notice you didn't say touch your nose with your tongue... can't do that).
HA!!! I figured you'd catch that! (I can do both, actually - I have what hubband calls a "Jean Simmons" tongue.) Thanks GEM! Hubband might get mad if I entertain any more marriage proposals, though!

Old 03-17-2009 | 08:37 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Thanks, kids. I didn't mean to be a downer, but cancer is REALLY bumming me out! She's just one of many physically around me that had it in one form or another. Argh!

Ok, happier thoughts. SO.... can anybody else stick out your tongue and touch your nose? Tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tongue?

Yes and yes.

My friend's grandmother just got diagnosed with liver cancer and they didn't catch it until late last week so it's advanced to stage 3 and is inoperable. They normally don't do chemo for it at this stage either, because there is so little time left.

Old 03-17-2009 | 08:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Yes and yes.

My friend's grandmother just got diagnosed with liver cancer and they didn't catch it until late last week so it's advanced to stage 3 and is inoperable. They normally don't do chemo for it at this stage either, because there is so little time left.
I'm trying not to dwell on it, but not only did this nice lady have cancer problems, but my dad has been fighting multiple meyloma cancer (blood cancer) for a few years now (it was properly diagnosed in January 2005, hubband proposed the night I went home on leave in June - but when I saw what dad looked like, there was no way we WEREN'T getting married before the end of the year and my next deployment...hence the planning, coordinating a semi-formal wedding in 10 days. Long story.) His dad died of stomach cancer at age 49...so when dad hit 49 he celebrated. A little too soon. One of my "mentors" and a dear friend has had brain cancer for at least six years now - they thought they caught it all (although it's 100% fatal) during his last surgeries, but now he has to go back in for chemo and is having a really tough time with it, physically and personally (his freakin' wife left him when he was diagnosed!!! Nasty wench.) He's not close enough for me to help him out, other than calling and emailing. THIS SUCKS!!!!!

OK!!! SEriously. Unless ya'll want me to be weeping all over my electronics, here, we have to change the subject.

I am currently JAMMING to Kazzer's "Pedal to the Metal" -- the zoom zoom song from the 2003 Italian Job. YAY! Makes me want to go driving. Like. RIGHT. NOW. *sigh* too bad I have to work.

Old 03-17-2009 | 10:22 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK... hopefully this will get a few laughs (even though the drivers are almost all women!)

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/vid_vis.asp?VideoID=23739

Old 03-17-2009 | 02:43 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I was feeling very sad from reading all this stuff about sick people... and it's kind of rainy too.

Anyway, I just watched that video of the drivers and I think I might have tinkled a little from laughing so hard! That one when the guy finally got out of the car to park the car for that nimrod... HS... well, that was SO bad, you'd think it was a set up for a hidden camera show or something! There were many that I was viewing through teary eyes!

So, I can't touch my nose with my tongue unless I push my nose down... and I did teach myself how to tie a cherry stem in my mouth... I was young and bored.

Hey Hal- thanks for the "secret directions". We went from SR64 to 27 through Haines City to I-4... got all confused on and off of tollways and eventually got to rt 50. So it's better to go toward Merritt Island instead of Titusville? Only question... if they close the island when there is a launch... where would I go?

Last edited by miniola; 03-17-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Just felt like it.
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:17 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey Hal- thanks for the "secret directions". We went from SR64 to 27 through Haines City to I-4... got all confused on and off of tollways and eventually got to rt 50. So it's better to go toward Merritt Island instead of Titusville? Only question... if they close the island when there is a launch... where would I go?
US-1 has quite a few places along the beach; just head north from 522. Here's some suggestions from NASA.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/...w_shuttle.html

I don't know if you can still get what they call a "base pass". If you go to www.nasa.gov and search around you might find where you can get one.

Old 03-17-2009 | 09:52 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
US-1 has quite a few places along the beach; just head north from 522. Here's some suggestions from NASA.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/...w_shuttle.html

I don't know if you can still get what they call a "base pass". If you go to www.nasa.gov and search around you might find where you can get one.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... looking on Google Earth. Looked last night at the NASA site (I think) and was doing some reading up. There are a couple of launches set for mid May but no idea if they are day or night yet. I would love to see both... and I don't mind smelling a bit of rocket fuel!

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I started a thread a while back (before I found the Freebies) and I thought of it when watching TN's video. SO funny - see the first post.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-in-cheek.html

Old 03-18-2009 | 08:34 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Late morning peeps.... just checking in to say hi but i have to announce.... IT IS A SUNNY BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

since this (young) lady is not working at the moment, i'm going out to the drive way and wash my baby!!! it will rain tomorrow so i will be doing the same friday! but i'm getting used to this chain of events....

talk to you all later today!!!

Old 03-18-2009 | 08:53 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I wish I could wash my car...

Old 03-18-2009 | 09:12 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I wish I could play hookey and go drive my car...

Old 03-18-2009 | 09:18 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
*cough, cough*

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:45 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I can't get the vid to come up... arrrrrrrrrgggggghhh and a major WAAAAAAHHH!

I started a thread a while back (before I found the Freebies) and I thought of it when watching TN's video. SO funny - see the first post.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-in-cheek.html

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:02 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
I can't get the vid to come up... arrrrrrrrrgggggghhh and a major WAAAAAAHHH!
Try this link (it's called "Crimes of Carelessness"):
http://www.shoutfile.com/watch/RWeAA...essness--.html

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:07 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Old 03-18-2009 | 01:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So... I'm at 35 seconds. Where are you?

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:26 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OMG- that's hysterical!! Now I know why everyone talks about Bricks in their desks and Rabid Wolverines in their pants!
Woo Hoo...

Try this link (it's called "Crimes of Carelessness"):
http://www.shoutfile.com/watch/RWeAA...essness--.html

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:27 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok I'm at 47 seconds now. I changed my jumping height a wee bit, decided to run to the end of my chain and scream instead of punching him in the *****, and use my bitten off arm as a weapon instead of wrapping my chain around his neck. Good info to know in case this ever happens to me!

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:27 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I'd found that... and it seems that I'm velociraptor poop! Guess I'll have to start my work out program in earnest! UGH!

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
You two crack me up. 'Ola, how the HE-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS did you get 47 seconds????? I got 1 min 22, and i've had training! (I, also, opted to punch him in the ***** and beat him with my arm.)

I LOVE the rabid wolverine in your underpants thing. I giggle every time i think about it. That, and the "make sure your parents eat the matches" thing.

Old 03-18-2009 | 02:06 PM
miniola
6th Gear
You two crack me up. 'Ola, how the HE-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS did you get 47 seconds????? I got 1 min 22, and i've had training! (I, also, opted to punch him in the ***** and beat him with my arm.)

I LOVE the rabid wolverine in your underpants thing. I giggle every time i think about it. That, and the "make sure your parents eat the matches" thing.
Well, I just made the husband do this over the phone. His first test was 1 min 03... then we went back and changed two of his answers (because I hadn't asked if they were the "final answer" )... and he got 1 min 13. Looks like the more passive you are with this guy... the longer you live. Who knew? The answers that I changed on his were: he wanted to "curl up in a ball and whimper" instead of "run and scream to the end of the chain". And the other was the "sleeper-choking techniques"... he wanted to say "yes" instead of "no". He's like a foot and a half taller than me... so maybe that helps.

Last edited by miniola; 03-18-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: because I messed up the two questions
Old 03-18-2009 | 03:40 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I lasted for 60 seconds.

Old 03-18-2009 | 03:59 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I'm up to 1 minute 3 seconds...
going back to see if I can make friends with this velociraptor... maybe that would help. Do you think he'd like me if I fed him peeled grapes and dark chocolate??? Maybe I could turn him into a vegetarian!!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...