Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009 | 04:00 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
well, crud! going totally pacifist just ain't making it.. down to 28 seconds! Yup, that's me, DinoDung!

Old 03-18-2009 | 04:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
I'm up to 1 minute 3 seconds...
going back to see if I can make friends with this velociraptor... maybe that would help. Do you think he'd like me if I fed him peeled grapes and dark chocolate??? Maybe I could turn him into a vegetarian!!!
Well, from memory of "Random Thoughts" (and some I'd like to block out)... feeding peeled grapes and dark chocolate would work well for helping to keep Lady G in line... ... not so sure about the Velociraptor.

So Hal- how did you play with the Velociraptor to last for 60 seconds?

Old 03-18-2009 | 04:39 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
.....So Hal- how did you play with the Velociraptor to last for 60 seconds?......
I answered the questions as honestly as I could. I just figured what I would do if it was a real world situation.

Old 03-18-2009 | 04:47 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hi everyone! Managed to stay alive for 1 minute 16 seconds!

Old 03-18-2009 | 05:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
I answered the questions as honestly as I could. I just figured what I would do if it was a real world situation.
Oh, it's ok, sweetie...I'll protect you from the velociraptors. You and TN, of course. Evidently she never needs to meet one.

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:06 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
You two crack me up. 'Ola, how the HE-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS did you get 47 seconds????? I got 1 min 22, and i've had training! (I, also, opted to punch him in the ***** and beat him with my arm.)

I LOVE the rabid wolverine in your underpants thing. I giggle every time i think about it. That, and the "make sure your parents eat the matches" thing.
I went for the kick 'em in the nuts too, but I guesss trying to choke him with the chain wasn't a good idea!

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:13 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I fudged on it, and just got 1 minute 51 seconds! YAY! (I'm pretty sure beating them with your bitten-off arm is a good answer.)

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:40 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
I fudged on it, and just got 1 minute 51 seconds! YAY! (I'm pretty sure beating them with your bitten-off arm is a good answer.)
I figured if I lost it I'd cut my losses and go for his throat - guess I was wrong! Maybe I could get 2 minutes if I hide behind X! After all it's the manly thing to do - ladies first!

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
I figured if I lost it I'd cut my losses and go for his throat - guess I was wrong! Maybe I could get 2 minutes if I hide behind X! After all it's the manly thing to do - ladies first!

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:48 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I just found this in my old stash of computer files. Pretty cool still! Fits all the beautiful girls on this thread.

The Ten Commandments of Being a Lady
1. Don't be a helpless damsel. Take pride in being self-sufficient and competent
2. Respect other people's time and be punctual to appointments
3. Resist the temptation to exploit other people's lives by gossiping
4. Speak up when others make offensive remarks. (In other words, don't let your silence lump you in with the transgressor.)
5. Don't be a slave to fashion. Dress to reflect your own unique personality
6. Never make your friends feel like replacements for when your paramour is unavailable
7. Refrain from raising your voice because "the louder you get, the more wrong you sound."
8. Steer clear of people who are married or in committed relationships when looking for romance
9. Give back-- what you can, when you can, and as often as you can
10. Laugh often... especially at yourself
Excerpted from THE ART AND POWER OF BEING A LADY ©

Old 03-18-2009 | 07:09 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Sounds like - "speak softly and carry a big stick!" Er, but a lady like stick......a parasol...

Old 03-18-2009 | 08:36 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I just found this in my old stash of computer files. Pretty cool still! Fits all the beautiful girls on this thread.

The Ten Commandments of Being a Lady
1. Don't be a helpless damsel. Take pride in being self-sufficient and competent A Southern Lady is demure, pretends to be helpless in order to assert her power passively... Also, it is perfectly ok to be helpless when chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor, especially when there is a strapping, capable, virile man with a very big gun!
2. Respect other people's time and be punctual to appointments Although, when going to a fancy party with Beautiful People, it's important to be "fashionably" late in order to make an impressive entrance!
3. Resist the temptation to exploit other people's lives by gossiping Always be a good listener, and the biggest key to that is never repeat what is told you in confidence.
4. Speak up when others make offensive remarks. (In other words, don't let your silence lump you in with the transgressor.) Do the right thing... of course, if those offensive remarks are funny, a Lady will quietly excuse herself to the powder room and then dissolve into fits of laughter (make sure to run the water and flush the toilet to hide your mishap).
5. Don't be a slave to fashion. Dress to reflect your own unique personality Set your own fashion. Also dress for the event, it doesn't make sense to wear an evening gown to muck the stalls.
6. Never make your friends feel like replacements for when your paramour is unavailable It is equally important to spend time with your friends even when your paramour IS available. Keeps paramour on his feet!
7. Refrain from raising your voice because "the louder you get, the more wrong you sound." or the more you sound like a fish wife... ICK!
8. Steer clear of people who are married or in committed relationships when looking for romance If you find yourself in such a relationship, get out ASAP. If he's cheating on his main squeeze, he'll cheat on you.
9. Give back-- what you can, when you can, and as often as you can Sometimes just smiling at people can be the little thing that makes a HUGE difference in someone's life.
10. Laugh often... especially at yourself But don't let the joke be on you!
Excerpted from THE ART AND POWER OF BEING A LADY ©

Sorry to shanghai your post here, X, but I thought a few things needed a bit of, uh, commentary, LOL!

Old 03-18-2009 | 09:25 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Sorry to shanghai your post here, X, but I thought a few things needed a bit of, uh, commentary, LOL!
V: That was grand!!!

Old 03-19-2009 | 06:21 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
V: That was grand!!!
Uh huh, and MUCH more appropriate!

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:33 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
The commandment for a gentleman:
1. Know who's in charge! (the lady)

Old 03-19-2009 | 01:38 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

Ok so X promised she would use this smily until i have a job!!!
X you must be my good luck charm because - guess what, I start monday!!!
Now if this jobs get pullled from me before monday I will beat up this dam little smily!!
But for now I will start working with for a Company, doing the books and personal assistant to the owner!
I am also waiting for another company to contact me tomorrow about an offer closer to home, but for now I will just start this company!!!
I will have to catch up to last night converstation and then log on at night to say hi to all. I"m finding it hard to believe I will finally be one of the working group now that the weather is about to change!

thanks for keeping me company though all this FREEBIES!!!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 03-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2009 | 02:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Sounds like - "speak softly and carry a big stick!" Er, but a lady like stick......a parasol...
I have a giant Mag-Lite flashlight (nice option for dealing with any "raptor")... a parasol?

So... no raising of the voice? That's means no swearing too? I guess I don't belong... .

So Hal- I answered honestly too... but what did you "DO" to survive?

At first, before I took the test I was thinking that there would be some kind of animated chase involved and I was "picturing" what I'd do ahead of time. Two things... first I was thinking I would climb up on the back corner of the top bunk so that he would jump up there- then I would jump off the back side and when he jumped off to chase me he would hang himself. (I figured he wouldn't be smart enough to make sure to go backwards off his side of the bed before jumping after me.) Second, I also thought of a way to get him to chase me around toward the end of the bed and then I'd push the beds over on top of him and trap him... but that option wasn't offered. I thought that if I was in a position where my arm was bitten off... the adrenaline pumping through my veins would be so strong that I would not look at my arm as "my arm" but as a "big stick"... one in which to beat him with.

But... better believe there would be some raised voices and some swearing... no batting eyelashes here.

Old 03-19-2009 | 02:22 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa

Ok so X promised she would use this smily until i have a job!!!
X you must be my good luck charm because - guess what, I start monday!!!
Now if this jobs get pullled from me before monday I will beat up this dam little smily!!
But for now I will start working with for a Diamond Company, doing the books and personal assistant to the owner!
I am also waiting for another company to contact me tomorrow about an offer closer to home, but for now I will just start this company!!!
I will have to catch up to last night converstation and then log on at night to say hi to all. I"m finding it hard to believe I will finally be one of the working group now that the weather is about to change!

thanks for keeping me company though all this FREEBIES!!!
So should we say Congrats now? I'm afraid... I will wait until Monday... ok? I do not want to be responsible for anything bad happening!

Old 03-19-2009 | 02:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So should we say Congrats now? I'm afraid... I will wait until Monday... ok? I do not want to be responsible for anything bad happening!
DEAL!!!

I am also waiting for another company to call me tomorrow, closer to home.. so I'm not gettting to excited yet, but this company sounds very promising and so does the other.... both good points, but one is 12 minutes drive and the other is highway driving and about 30 minutes without traffic. Good thing either way I have my nugget!

Old 03-19-2009 | 02:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
DEAL!!!

I am also waiting for another company to call me tomorrow, closer to home.. so I'm not gettting to excited yet, but this company sounds very promising and so does the other.... both good points, but one is 12 minutes drive and the other is highway driving and about 30 minutes without traffic. Good thing either way I have my nugget!
Further away = more time driving the fun car!

Old 03-19-2009 | 03:42 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I guess I have a certain set of skills that came in handy. One is in the past I handled dangerous critters (alligators, rattle snakes, drunks). I was also trained in various defensive techniques when I went through the police academy. Maybe that helped my score.

I just wished that there was the option for a weapon. Several rounds of .38 SPL would have been handy.

Old 03-19-2009 | 06:09 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I have a giant Mag-Lite flashlight (nice option for dealing with any "raptor")... a parasol?

So... no raising of the voice? That's means no swearing too? I guess I don't belong... .

At first, before I took the test I was thinking that there would be some kind of animated chase involved and I was "picturing" what I'd do ahead of time. Two things... first I was thinking I would climb up on the back corner of the top bunk so that he would jump up there- then I would jump off the back side and when he jumped off to chase me he would hang himself. (I figured he wouldn't be smart enough to make sure to go backwards off his side of the bed before jumping after me.) Second, I also thought of a way to get him to chase me around toward the end of the bed and then I'd push the beds over on top of him and trap him... but that option wasn't offered. I thought that if I was in a position where my arm was bitten off... the adrenaline pumping through my veins would be so strong that I would not look at my arm as "my arm" but as a "big stick"... one in which to beat him with.

But... better believe there would be some raised voices and some swearing... no batting eyelashes here.
Originally Posted by HalAC
I guess I have a certain set of skills that came in handy. One is in the past I handled dangerous critters (alligators, rattle snakes, drunks). I was also trained in various defensive techniques when I went through the police academy. Maybe that helped my score.

I just wished that there was the option for a weapon. Several rounds of .38 SPL would have been handy.
Um....guys....you DO know that the goal is to live LONGER, right? So the higher your time (i.e. 1 min 59 seconds) the longer you live = higher score...so..... ANYWAY...'Ola, you're funny. But good ideas. And as much as I hate to say it, I really DO tend to curse like a sailor...and those are on decent days, never mind the bad days.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:02 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
so i went to the grocery store the other day, and same as Cab's story, but with a older gentleman checking out Nugget.
I was walking to my car and noticed him looking at the MINI logo on the bonnet. I walked up to him and he was so interested in the car, we stood and talked about 20 minutes about the MINI - he had never seen on before but love the VW Bug "back in the day".
He was so cute, his birthday was the following week and was turning 89 years young, served in the war, and was just the spunkiest little guy. So i opened my door and let him check out the inside and then the same with the boot...

It made my day!!!
Gem, don't you just love it when some guy wants to look at your "boot" ???

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:09 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Oh mah gooodneeessss!!! Its my NAMerversary! Yay! (Oh and I'm not gonna congratulate you til after Monday either!)

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
So... I'm at 35 seconds. Where are you?

Wow,, so I arrive home late last night and work hard all day trying to catch up, finallly get on Nam and fight the Velociraptor,,,, *L* I am at 47 seconds....
I see lots that I should reply to and remark on but am still sooo behind on so much.... Gem, I will comment on your news Monday!!!

While in Colorado I saw some MINI's but none of them were the Clubman....
night night!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...